BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Newcastle

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to the match, I'm refusing to make the effort (from south Manchester and back) and pay the money to the owners whilst they refuse to sack Steve Kean.

I know its not part of an organised boycott, but I think there will be plenty more people like me deciding not to go.

You missed the point I was trying to make, write the letter not just an e-mail, just my opinion the the good old fashioned way might just make more of a point than something that can just be shift-deleted. BUt there's good people dis-count it out of hand. Just my thought is all. NOt sure where the words moral high ground came in to play, not your post 1864, someone else's. JUst trying to say there was a time you followed your club through thick and thin, Or thin thin and more thin. It is all your prerogatives to spend your money as you choose. Seems a load of ###### to me though this boycotting and demonstrating. ONe thing for sure though it's seen us in the news more than anything football related ever did in recent history.

I am not about to bicker back and forth about any of this cos if there is one thing I've learned about this board those who have views are right and those with differing views are mostly just idiots. No disrespect intended to ANY of you who spend their hard earned money watching Rovers, it just all seems a bit foreign to me.

Dave of the Rovers I do think you might be right about an ORGANISED boycott, but it would have to be that, organised and massive.

I Wrote to Paul Hunt.

I received his response today and rarely have I ever been so disgusted by anyone in his position.

I wrote of the owners and of Kean, his answer (signed by a minion) said sorry I was disappointed with results on the field!!!!!

I never mentioned the players, I support them.

Clearly the wally never even read my letter!

venkys out

Kean out

And stuff Paul Hunt

Enjoy the games on Sunday and Midweek.

I Wrote to Paul Hunt.

I received his response today and rarely have I ever been so disgusted by anyone in his position.

I wrote of the owners and of Kean, his answer (signed by a minion) said sorry I was disappointed with results on the field!!!!!

venkys out

Kean out

And stuff Paul Hunt

Read your other post, truly sad to see such a long standing fan give up, really upsets me. I haven't been there for our upturn in fortunes so the only live memories for me are the ones from the second and third divisions. I understand your feelings I think, here's hoping for your speedy return

I Wrote to Paul Hunt.

venkys out

Kean out

And stuff Paul Hunt

Read your other post, truly sad to see such a long standing fan give up, really upsets me. I haven't been there for our upturn in fortunes so the only live memories for me are the ones from the second and third divisions. I understand your feelings I think, here's hoping for your speedy return

I won't be going. I'd like to claim its a boycott but in truth it's that I shall finish at a conference in Warwickshire at 4.00pm, get a lift to manchester airport, train back to Chorley by around 7.30pm.

With a bit of organisation I could probably shorten all that and get a train to Blackburn from Kenilworth. Under different circumstances I would - once drove Blackburn, Norwich, Swindon for an evening play off match!!! - but I cant raise the enthusiasm.

I'll call it half a boycott

I'm in Birmingham till mid-afternoon Wednesday. I could make it but just don't have the desire at the moment which is a first in 34 years.

Well done Keane and Co you clueless, delusional buffoons.

In the past I haven't been able to get to many games. Things are slightly different at the moment, I can justify a season ticket and whilst I can I will be going to every game I'm able to. Boycotting the Rovers will never be a consideration for me.

In the past I haven't been able to get to many . Things are slightly different at the moment, I can justify a season ticket and whilst I can I will be going to every game I'm able to. Boycotting the Rovers will never be a consideration for me.

Well good on you, Me well I cant be arsed, it is no fun going any more, it becomes tedious, I had a big argument in the EWMC tonight with a fellow fan who thought Kean was unlucky today !!! and to be honest that should not happen, and yes I have a season ticket but like I say I cant be arsed, even in the dark days of the old third division I never wavered, but with this clown in charge sorry no.

Cant blame you pal..omly wish I had more sense :wacko:

Anyone know how many the Geordies have sold?

Talking to a colleague last night who follows Newcastle home and away, he reckons they hope to fill the Darwen End (bottom tier now sold - 5,000).

Probably going to be more away fans than home fans. I'm certainly not going to spend the money unless SK is sacked before then.

Exactly. I've missed one home game in the last 10 years or so (been to all cup games, friendlies etc) but I really have better uses for the time and money on Wednesday. If in the unlikely event of Kean being gone before Wednesday I'll go, but lets face it, it's not going to happen. Thanks Venky's, another one added to the rapidly growing ranks of the disillusioned.

Archived