BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Newcastle

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree a league game would be miles more effective. But if there are those who want kean to go but can't find it in themselves not to go to a cup game then what hope is there for that. Im starting I'm think we are the minority who want kean out and there are several thousand who just don't care either way.

No. What you are finding is that there are people who do not agree with your black and white assumption that a low crowd on a CC game will mean the manager is sacked - nothing at all to do with "courage" or not wanting Kean out. The fans protest has seemingly had no impact, except to make Mrs D dig her heels in. A no show on a cold Wednesday will, imho, have little or no impact either.

Really annoys me those who think they have the right to tell others how to be fans. I won't be telling anyone else on here to attend, or not attend, because it's a personal choice. At the end of the day I go to support Blackburn Rovers - as I have done before, during and after Kean's reign.

No. What you are finding is that there are people who do not agree with your black and white assumption that a low crowd on a CC game will mean the manager is sacked - nothing at all to do with "courage" or not wanting Kean out. The fans protest has seemingly had no impact, except to make Mrs D dig her heels in. A no show on a cold Wednesday will, imho, have little or no impact either.

Really annoys me those who think they have the right to tell others how to be fans. I won't be telling anyone else on here to attend, or not attend, because it's a personal choice. At the end of the day I go to support Blackburn Rovers - as I have done before, during and after Kean's reign.

Quite agree. I'm going and being told not to would make me more likely to go than not. Doesn't mean I'm happy with myself for going;doesn't mean i support the manager:doesn't mean I won't decide to join a boycott if one is organised:doesn't mean I'll ever go again if Kean gets a new contract. Just means that i can't see the point in calling tonight a boycott when so few fans go in normal circumstances and I'll please myself which matches I go to and my reasons for so doing and won't think I'm any better or worse a fan for it.

And another one joining the ranks of non-attenders. Not up to the level set by some, but it'll be the first home game (all the cups, friendlies etc) I've voluntarily missed for over 10 years.

Glen Mullan, if you read this thread, I think you could do worse than make the media (local and perhaps one or two of the more friendly nationals) aware of the situation and that a LOT of Rovers fans are not attending cos of Kean and Venky's ie the current state of the club.

First time in 50 years that I wont be attending a first team game at Ewood that I could possibly get to.

Is it all down to the Raos and Kean? - I'm not 100% sure. It could quite easily be an age thing. One things for certain, football in general isn't the fantastic attraction that it once was. I've been to both CC matches so far and TBH have been bored stiff. Sat at the Orient game on my own, wondering why I'd bothered. There wasn't one single player on either team that excited. Not one single player that I felt any affinity to. Ewood felt like an empty shell. The fans were there, but who was actually in Ewood Park from the management side who had the passion that I once had?

Still, would I be going if Kean had been sacked at the weekend? - yes. Will I go again when another manager takes charge? - yes. I personally need someone, be it player, manager, chairman or owner to inspire me. At the moment it's one big empty feeling.

I know, - mardarse. Like it or not, it's the truth. If the predictions for tonight's attendance are anywhere near correct, it's not just a bunch of negative internet warriors that feel the same either. A home cup game against the barcodes should mean a far bigger attendance than earlier rounds. Someone at the club - if anyone's there - should be asking why fans feel this way.

What suprises me is that we sold that many. Why do people insist on funding this nonsense??

Stay at home with the missus, go to the pub or give your money to charity. For the people who have bought a ticket, get your head out of the clouds.

Sorry, but after supporting this club for 50 years, I'm not about to be driven out of my own club by a bunch of clowns from India and their pet manager. I'll be at Ewood tonight, and hopefully Norwich on Saturday. The Rovers is not something I can walk away from. Ultimately, if these people make a complete mess they will walk away. We might be in a lower division but, hopefully, there will still be a club to support after these folk have long gone and are but a distant memory.

There wasn't one single player on either team that excited. Not one single player that I felt any affinity to. Ewood felt like an empty shell. The fans were there, but who was actually in Ewood Park from the management side who had the passion that I once had?

Still, would I be going if Kean had been sacked at the weekend? - yes. Will I go again when another manager takes charge? - yes. I personally need someone, be it player, manager, chairman or owner to inspire me. At the moment it's one big empty feeling.

Think a lot of people are feeling this way - I know I am. There is a massive lack of togetherness within the club. Even with Ince etc. there were still players that I identified with and the club still had a strong identity - they're my club. These days - it's still my club but I don't feel anywhere near as strongly that's the case. A bunch of players brought in dubious circumstances, dodge owners, a fake manager and lots of murky going on in the background - very hard to see the family club I fell in love with.

I don't get to go to many games these days due to work commitments, but would bust a gut to make as many matches as possible. Now I still go when I can, but I don't seem to have it in me to go the extra mile to get to games. Think many others have similar feelings and that will be reflected in attendances. Worryingly for Venkeys I doubt it will remain just for league cup games.

Regardless I expect the club to roll out the PR machine and put a positive spin on tonight's attendance.

As for the game. Our best 11 could win it. Seriously doubt a second string could do especially against a competent Newcastle side. 2-1 loss is my thinking.

Last time the police closed off all the gates and 2 cars went to the front door so nobody could get near.

As for not attending....no chance - im there, no matter who the manager is or the owner, what league we are in or whether its just me and my mate! COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Tickets on sale on the night - make the effort lads. A quarter final place is up for grabs.

Newcastle had already sold out their 3000 but more on sale on night for them.

What suprises me is that we sold that many. Why do people insist on funding this nonsense??

Stay at home with the missus, go to the pub or give your money to charity. For the people who have bought a ticket, get your head out of the clouds.

Its called SUPPORTING your team...its about the team you support through thick and thin, not just when glory is around.....try it sometime muppet! :!:

Will the game be shown on TV?

In the UK - I hope not....some fans dont deserve it! :P

As for not attending....no chance - im there, no matter who the manager is or the owner, what league we are in or whether its just me and my mate! COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Its called SUPPORTING your team...its about the team you support through thick and thin, not just when glory is around.....try it sometime muppet! :!:

How do you explain fans like den not bothering, fans who haven't missed a game for 50 years?

Archived