BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Newcastle

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Can we have a poll on how many are boycotting this game please?

As others said it's a bit pointless though as how many will say they are boycotting yet weren't at the last round anyway or Norwich last season etc so wouldnt be going anyway.

If we stay away, the opinion will be that it's just the carling cup etc we expect poor crowds. Buy your tickets in Jack Walker lower and abuse the hell out of him for 90 minutes. They always have less cops/stewards for midweek games too so a good crowd in there of 200 odd would make big news.Banners and the full works. We need some different tactics now. Go hard and loud, please lads.

Unfortunately, taking a colleague and his wife who are mad Toon army members. Returning some hospitality. Have got tickets in JW lower as close to 'Pards' as I could.

3 or 4-1 to Geordies. They seem well drilled, structured and play with a sense of purpose.

Wont be disappointed if they drive another nail into Kean's coffin, assuming he hasn't already gone!

• Backroom

Unfortunately, taking a colleague and his wife who are mad Toon army members. Returning some hospitality. Have got tickets in JW lower as close to 'Pards' as I could.

3 or 4-1 to Geordies. They seem well drilled, structured and play with a sense of purpose.

Wont be disappointed if they drive another nail into Kean's coffin, assuming he hasn't already gone!

I agree with you, I like a good cup run but this is certainly one we can sacrifice for 'the greater good (yes the greater good)'

I agree with you, I like a good cup run but this is certainly one we can sacrifice for 'the greater good (yes the greater good)'

But how many games does it take for you all wanting us to lose before its to late? Watching how these dicks work we could lose another 30 games and it wouldn't phase them!

I choose to not go long before we even got drawn at home against the Geordies. I have a ST but l also have 2 kids who need my money more than the people who employ Kean to laugh at me. I would have gone had someone else been in charge - in my book thats a boycott.

Let get behind each other on Wednesday Night and do a other protest each day we take it one by one and if the venkys not here will there mafia be there to updated them.

How many will be protest inside the ground and full time and outside the main entrance.

• Backroom

But how many games does it take for you all wanting us to lose before its to late? Watching how these dicks work we could lose another 30 games and it wouldn't phase them!

Never a league game for me, the League Cup can be sacrificed for a season.

If we win this game (Last 16), we go into the quarters were there will be at least 2 championship clubs, if not more.

Is it Semi Final stage that we get to Wembley in this cup?? If so, your daft if you want to miss out on that and also priority tickets.

If we win this game (Last 16), we go into the quarters were there will be at least 2 championship clubs, if not more.

Is it Semi Final stage that we get to Wembley in this cup?? If so, your daft if you want to miss out on that and also priority tickets.

No the semi-final is a two legged affair - home and away. We badly need our strongest team at Norwich on Saturday because that has now become a must win game. Newcastle destroyed us up at their place and I suspect much will depend on what sort of team both managers decide to put out. I suspect the gate will be low, unless Newcastle bring a few, I'll be going hoping for a win but if Newcastle play like they did at St. James' Park we'll need a repeat of Sunday's performance to stand a chance. Hopefully the visitors might field a weakened team which will give us a chance.

Never a league game for me, the League Cup can be sacrificed for a season.

but there were a load on here who wanted us to lose sunday in the barmy belief that the stupid bint in charge would get rid of him!!

What happens if we lose on weds and he gets a longer contract?

Parson lets not give Newcastle too much credit, they played alright, we were awful.

Either way if we win it can only help confidence for saturday. Then all of a sudden if we win 2 games in a row, who knows what will happen! :o

If we win two matches in a row then Kean is here for the rest of the season and our owners will no doubt reward him with a new contract. As I said, if Newcastle field a weakened team we have a chance.

Kean's issue:

Try and win the match by fielding a strongish side and take some pressure off himself. Downside, long old trip to a 'fresh' and confident Carrow Road.

Keep his key players back for Saturday as PL is priority but a bigger risk of losing and even more mounting pressure.

Knowing Kean's selfishness, he'll go for the cup win - bullsh1t line after losing on Saturday 'we were battling for a place in the quarters of a major cup and Wednesday took its toll whilst Norwich were fresh - that was the only difference in our narrow 4-1 defeat as there was nothing in the match for 30 minutes'.

Alright lads, for those interested I expect us (Newcastle) to line up something like this:

Elliot, Santon, Perch, Coloccini, Ferguson, Gosling, Smith, Abeid, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Lovenkrands

Oh your no match for our brave bunch of battlers !!!!

Roberts hat trick 3-1

With the greatest of respect Hughesy, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. You are right, there will be championship clubs in there but my guess is they would beat us anyway. Not that you have to worry about that since NUFC will probably beat us.

I commend you for going, I really do but I won't be there. There isn't a cat in hells chance I am going to give £20 to a club that laughs in my face week in week out. Nor will I give £20 to a club that employs Steve "we played well" Kean.

Archived