BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Newcastle

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boycotting the match UNLESS Kean has gone and that is a serious heartfelt decision as I have not missed more than 6 home games in the past 19 years.

Or book tickets for Jack Walker Lower and make Kean's night very very uncomfortable

Note to self read all the thread first !!!

This is my 46th season. For the last 40, I've never purposely missed a game at home in any competition. I've missed a handful, of course, when on holiday and such like.

Apathy has now well and truly set in. I've missed both LC games so far and have no intention of going to the Newcastle game. In fact, I honestly couldn't tell you when it's due to be played.

Well done Venky's and well done Steve Kean.

I'll be there for the Spurs game and look forward to the continued protests. It's the only thing to look forward to at the moment.

Venky's Out!

CLB's pretty much sums up my position too. I can't claim to equal his 46 seasons, but I may add a 60 mile round trip that I've been doing for 25+ years to attend all home game. Like CLB I really cannot be bothered to put in any effort anymore. I've had enought of evening games that don't allow me to get home before 23:00 and, quite honestly, I don't give a flying one about those games any more. Steve Kean can bleat on all he likes about being unlucky or whatever, but he is fooling no-one but himself.

Qutie simply, I used to do the 60+ miles round trip to Ewood on a regular basis. I rarely missed a game. Now I just cannot be *bothered* (that's a euphamism for I can't give a ****)

Although brought up as a Rover in Blackpool just after the War, I only lived in the town for about 10 years in the 1970s/80s, so most of my games have been "away" games, if you know what I mean. These days, mine's a 50-mile round trip.

As I get older and more infirm, the argument about getting home late on a midweek evening [particularly as I no longer drive] carries more weight. I can seriously see this season's being my last-ever season ticket.

The sad thing is that, of the group of mates with whom I drink before and after the game, I know I'm not the only one feeling like that. I can't speak for the rest of them; but I guess I wouldn't have said that if the Trust had still owned us and the previous manager had, despite the style of his team's football, still been working the miracles he used to for us.

Rovers will always be "my" team, though - I'll never stop supporting the club.

Everyone shouldn’t go as a stunt to show how many people really want kean out.

Will be a shame because I support the club and players but what can you do when you protest and the owners/kean say it’s only 1% of the support. This will help to get the point across that it is more

I'm torn , it's like a drug. Don't want to give the V's any money extra and at the same time it's rovers at home.

Same as you Abs. Let's face it, a boycott isn't going to be on such a scale that it'll cause a major discussion in Pune. But at the same time I resent forking out for the ticket and travel (100 miles round trip) and the time (about 7 hours). Never had cause to think like this before.

I wasn't around, but the way diehards are starting to question going to games at Ewood is sounding to me a bit like the tales of 'post 1960 Cup Final'.

My young un wants to go .

A. Good dad and go

B. Bad dad and stuff the V's

Be a good Dad and go. They are only young once. So miss no chances to brainwash them. :tu:

On the other hand, you can still fight the good fight by wearing a Kean Out! t-shirt, banner, etc. :P

I'm up for a boycott, if we get our act together!

What Venky's should have done was made it free or a quid for season ticket holders, numpties missed a trick AGAIN.

We haven't had a poll for a couple of days, lets have one on this?

BOYCOTT: 1st time ever for me

From the Man City thread :-

for the 1st time ever I cannot be arsed, the 2 ST's will be staying in the draw.

Ok ... I give in ... which of these two mutually exclusive statements is complete garbage?

My young un wants to go .

A. Good dad and go

B. Bad dad and stuff the V's

If he wants to go and you can afford to then take him.

When I was a kid Rovers had slid from being a decent 1st division side into the 3rd. My Dad thought it was terrible and was in doubt as to whether to get me interested in a team that was in the lower leagues.

We had moved from Blackburn, every kid supported Liverpool, Leeds etc. I wanted to support Rovers. My uncle told me what a great club we are. Meanwhile friends of the family sent me a Leeds Utd kit as where we lived we couldn't get a Rovers one. They also sent me Billy Bremners autograph. This was big for a little kid at the time.

My Dad took me to see Rovers beat York City 4-0. I wouldn't swap Rovers for anything.

I will be going.

Just want to witness with my own eyes how low we are.

Mind you think it could be lower than a Zenith Data systems cup match played in late 1989, think there was 800 on Ewood?

I am not too sure which game you refer to, but Rovers only played 1 game at home in the 3 seasons of the Zenith Data Systems Cup. 18th December 1990 against Everton when Rovers lost 4-1. The crowd was 5,410. The other seasons of the Zenith Data Systems Cup was 1989/90, away to Leeds United (Lost 1-0) and 1991/92 away to Port vale. (Lost 1-0)

I'll be there – two tickets arrived last week.

Despite all the nonsense with Kean, I will still support the team.

Don't think it will be an impressive crowd, mind...

I wonder if there'll be more visiting, than home, fans, there. :(

Archived