BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Clement

• Backroom

I'm about half way through the Brian Clough book ''Cloughie - Walking On Water'' - Chapter 11 Coaches Get Found Out:

To quote '' Some coaches think they can make the step up to manager without a problem...by and large these are men who tend to drown in their own self-delusion''

Pity Venky's didn't read it.

That sums Kean up perfectly.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about half way through the Brian Clough book ''Cloughie - Walking On Water'' - Chapter 11 Coaches Get Found Out:

To quote '' Some coaches think they can make the step up to manager without a problem...by and large these are men who tend to drown in their own self-delusion''

Pity Venky's didn't read it.

Clough was an absolute legend and sums Kean up there in one swift sentence.

You can just imagine him telling Venky's that it's a sign that we'll be competing with Chelsea within a year.

I still can't understand why Kean says that he's very happy that ''Rovers were able to prise him (Clement) away from a club like Chelsea'' when as far as I am aware Clement was actually 'between jobs''. Kean knows Clement well and will know Clements career path (which seems like he never played the game but started learning to be a coach at a very tender age - thems that do do and them's that can't coach). Just an odd thing to say.....unless that's what Kean told our naive Owners...for some reason.

The guy was beyond arrogant, but then he had the talent and the cups to go with it.

Brian Clough:

''I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one.''

''I knew I was the best but I should have said nowt and kept the pressure off 'cos they'd have worked it out for themselves.''

''They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that particular job.''

But as you say he did the business.

In that interview Kean says that he's very happy that ''Rovers were able to prise him (Clement) away from a club like Chelsea''.

I thought that Villas-Boas got rid of Clement back in June of this year.

Am I wrong or is Kean lying again and changing history to suit his ends.

hes lied again Boas got rid of him................ :angry2:

For once, I was prepared to give Kean the benefit of the doubt until the end of that interview, when he came up with that lie about "prising him away from a club like Chelsea."

If Kean played for Celtic youth teams, he was presumably brought up as a Catholic and knows the punishment which Catholics believe awaits people who commit sins, like lying.

Apart from that moral judgement and more relevant to the club's position, it now it sounds like we have a plethora of qualified coaches including Kean himself, but nobody to manage them.

Terrific [NOT]. :angry:

I am totally fcuked off. Maybe Kean will wander out into the technical area now he has his chum to back him up. I loved it when he deared wander into it against City and we booed him and he retreated never to be seen again in that match. Im going to create a banner approx 10 meters in length to hang down from the BBE top tier for the Spurs match with something like this...

SK: PL P29 W6 D8 L15 = WORSE BRFC MANAGER IN EPL

Mmm, isn't he the ONLY BRFC manager in EPL. Not trying to be picky but at least make it make sense.

Price him away from Chelsea?????

I cant believe what Im hearing!

I hate Kean so much that I could cry......Im stunned....Oh MY GOD how much I hate this man. I cant believe it.

I hate Steve Kean so much, that I hope he loses every match his team plays. Yes, HIS team. Cause his Blackburn Rovers isnt my Blackburn Rovers. I dont reckognise my team anymore. Steve Kean and Venkys are doing their best to alianete me from my own team. The team I LOVE so much....Its breaking my heart!!!!!!!!

This is just too much....

Please, someone call me when this nightmare is over.....

I actually think Paul Clement could be good for Rovers. Though NOT if it keeps Kean as manager. I think Clement was 17 years at Chelsea, so there must be something about him to have been there as long as he was. It was only Chelsea's current manager who removed him from his job. (though where Kean gets his 'prised away from chelsea' from, is just idiotic on his part.

The fact that clement is on a rolling contract means that if results continue the way they have done, Kean is gone.

I think Kean will be sacked very soon. Kean has admitted that one of the venkys told him that result have to improve. That is a warning to Kean.

Mmm, isn't he the ONLY BRFC manager in EPL. Not trying to be picky but at least make it make sense.

I'm guessing the word EVER should be inserted somewhere.

Can someone please sort out what Ralfino's banner is going to say and make sure it makes sense!

This banner is starting to worry me more than the match results!

Emge,

I feel your pain.

If only menand you had gone on the jolly we would feel a hell of a lot more positive.....

I logged on here last night after a few beers and I might have exaggerated a bit, but Im not taking it back. I really cant stand Kean!

He is on borrowed time and this Clement-appointment was dissapointing, because surely Venkys are doing everything they can to make Kean stay as the manager. I cant really understand it:P But I guess as people have mentioned, they dont want to admit they were wrong to sack Big Sam, and they want to justify that decision.

Archived