BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Clement

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the back page of today's LT, Kean is apparently saying Clement joining is more evidence of Venkys backing of him.

Not sure if there's some reverse psychology going on because, while the piece seemed in Kean's favour, it makes him seem extremely smug.

We really need some experience, instead we have someone who won't question Kean.

I notice that the Rovers website is now officially describing Paul Clement as the assistant manager. Both in the list of club officials and on the backroom page he is now listed as assistant manager. On Friday he was described as assistant head coach and now three four days later he is described as assistant manager. These are strange times at Ewood Park.

I notice that the Rovers website is now officially describing Paul Clement as the assistant manager. Both in the list of club officials and on the backroom page he is now listed as assistant manager. On Friday he was described as assistant head coach and now three four days later he is described as assistant manager. These are strange times at Ewood Park.

This is an interesting turn of events.

Guest Wen Y Hu

For a website admin / mod, that is a very poor post. Explain it please.

I think it refers to the discussion we had in Podcast 11 regarding Paul Clement's job title and the possibility that he may have been brought in to act as number 2 to the rumoured replacement for Kean, Carlo Ancelotti, who Clement worked under at Chelsea.

When I got the official text message it did say assistant head coach on the text and on the article on the website. After I read all the comments on here about the job title when Clement was announced I checked the official site on the back room staff page and it said Paul Clement - Assistant Manager. I don't think it has ever said assistant head coach.

Obviously I can't prove this but I am certain the only difference now to when I checked it a week or so ago is that there is a picture of him now.

Personally I don't think the job title means anything because the bottom line is he is Kean’s assistant.

For a website admin / mod, that is a very poor post. Explain it please.

Maybe Glenn is suggesting that to sack a manager, you need someone in place to take the reins?

Or maybe not.

I think it refers to the discussion we had in Podcast 11 regarding Paul Clement's job title and the possibility that he may have been brought in to act as number 2 to the rumoured replacement for Kean, Carlo Ancelotti, who Clement worked under at Chelsea.

No big ulterior motive. Simply when people first said "assistant manager" and Lee reported "assistant head coach" I said Lee was a stickler for detail, so thought it was very very telling it wasn't an assistant manager they'd hired. Now that it seems it's either changed or Lee got it wrong (well, Lee was told wrong I guess), it's actually far less of a story, but still odd there was some confusion over the roll. Sorry, no ITK secret message, no insider info, no bigger picture, just an "interesting" correction of something I felt was unlikely to be wrong in the first place.

Exactly my conclusion. The words '###### up' and 'brewery' spring readily to mind. Soul destroying

Let's not be too hasty. There have been too many false dawns, I agree, But Clement seems exceptionally well qualified and has worked with some outstanding managers in his day. 17 years with Chelsea is nothing to sneeze at. I see his appointment, in hindsight, as one which give the Raos some short term options in the event they do away with Kean but have not yet sealed the deal with Kean's replacement.

And I have nothing against breweries. Quite the opposite, in fact. If I ever had the money (it will never happen), I'd buy the Rovers and directly across the street I'd open a brew hall where the beer consumed is brewed on premises. No brand named beers allowed in the house. 25 micro-brewed beers on tap, rotating based on the names of the 25 first team players. "I'll have a Dunn!" or "Give me a Salgado!!" would ring out across Ewood. And when a player retires or is transferred, his beer would be retired (unless the beer was good enough to be placed on a special order Legends line). All net proceeds to some local charity, so it would be socially responsible drinking. :)

It's nice to dream, anyway.

And I have nothing against breweries. Quite the opposite, in fact. If I ever had the money (it will never happen), I'd buy the Rovers and directly across the street I'd open a brew hall where the beer consumed is brewed on premises. No brand named beers allowed in the house. 25 micro-brewed beers on tap, rotating based on the names of the 25 first team players. "I'll have a Dunn!" or "Give me a Salgado!!" would ring out across Ewood. And when a player retires or is transferred, his beer would be retired (unless the beer was good enough to be placed on a special order Legends line). All net proceeds to some local charity, so it would be socially responsible drinking. :)

Best idea ever.

Let's not be too hasty. There have been too many false dawns, I agree, But Clement seems exceptionally well qualified and has worked with some outstanding managers in his day. 17 years with Chelsea is nothing to sneeze at. I see his appointment, in hindsight, as one which give the Raos some short term options in the event they do away with Kean but have not yet sealed the deal with Kean's replacement.

I'll drink to this idea, Steve. Shows real imagination!! :D

Just make sure Kean is barred ;-)

With urinals in the shape of Kean's face so we could P*** in his face

With urinals in the shape of Kean's face so we could P*** in his face

I'd rather sack Kean and forget he was ever on scene. I'd have the urinals decked out on ManU and Liverpool colors. In fact, if there are 4 urinals to the Men's room, I'd paint one each in the kit of one of the "Big 4" teams.

I'd also name the Ladies bathroom the "Wenger Room".

I'd rather sack Kean and forget he was ever on scene. I'd have the urinals decked out on ManU and Liverpool colors. In fact, if there are 4 urinals to the Men's room, I'd paint one each in the kit of one of the "Big 4" teams.

I'd also name the Ladies bathroom the "Wenger Room".

Genius. :D

Does anyone know what sort of influence Paul Clement as assistant manager does/should have with regards to the lineup, tactics, training etc?

Just looking at it, the time he spent at Chelsea, he would have worked with great players, coaching staff and managers there. He should bring a wealth of good experience to our club.

Just wondering tho, does he actually have any power to change anything? or does he simply give Kean ideas, which he will sweep under the rug and do things his way anyway?

The podcast says something about him being BBC (Balls, bibs and cones) but i am just wondering what influence he should have at the club, as realistically (under normal circumstances) he is actually only 1 place away from being in the hotseat.

Archived