BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Clement

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's head coach/ not assistant manager....leaving room to fire Kean & get another manager with his own right hand man.

Thats the way I see it. Anything less than 3 points in the next 2 games and I think he will be gone.

He's Assitant Head Coach, that means Kean is Head Coach, no?

Anyone able to confirm his actual role?

Find it very odd the the club's official SMS service announced him as Asst' Head Coach, NOT Asst' Manager.

Edit: Official website uses the same wording and I know Lee is (understandably) very very anal about such details.

He's head coach/ not assistant manager....leaving room to fire Kean & get another manager with his own right hand man.

Thats the way I see it. Anything less than 3 points in the next 2 games and I think he will be gone.

That is how I see it as well. Clement may well be Kean's choice. But if Kean goes, rovers will need a coach. Paul Clement was at chelsea for about 17 years, under various managers. It is only the current manager at chelsea who has got rid of him. So Kean aside, maybe clement is ok.

Anyone able to confirm his actual role?

Find it very odd the the club's official SMS service announced him as Asst' Head Coach, NOT Asst' Manager.

Correct, so hope is not yet lost.

When his name came forward, it was as assistant manager. Now it is head coach. That suggests a shift, maybe because of Kean.

Also, Kean maybe asked for his own man. So venkys give him his own man in Clement. So if Rovers lose the next two matches, even with Clement at the club, this may mean the end of Kean.

I believe Kean is on borrowed time. But venkys are stuck on who to replace him with or even who would want the job.

Edit: Official website uses the same wording and I know Lee is (understandably) very very anal about such details.

Well the assistant head coach will go along nicely with the assistant Chief Executive. Venky's don't do heads.

Makes sense to me. We cannot continue for long without a coach. 3 points lost now is the same as 3 points lost at the end of the season. We needed someone now so we got someone. If/When Kean goes Clement will remain and a new manager will bring in his own assistant manager. This has to be good news, it adds strength to the fight to get points on the board yet does nothing at all to cement Kean into his managerial role. All IMO of course. We seem to have a talent at the moment for taking good news and turning it into bad news, maybe a bit OTT in this case, he's a good guy.

I am totally fcuked off. Maybe Kean will wander out into the technical area now he has his chum to back him up. I loved it when he deared wander into it against City and we booed him and he retreated never to be seen again in that match. Im going to create a banner approx 10 meters in length to hang down from the BBE top tier for the Spurs match with something like this...

SK: PL P29 W6 D8 L15 = WORSE BRFC MANAGER IN EPL

People are saying that Kean's position has strengthened because he has a new assistant but I disagree.

For the sake of the club I think it is right (whoever the manager is) that there is an assistant coach\manager (or whatever the title is). Venkys were always going to give Kean an opportunity to turn this mess around and I see this appointment as his last throw of the dice.

I have nothing against Kean as a person I just don't think he is a good manager but if this appointment works and results improve then that is a good thing because all that matters is reults.

If results don't improve I am sure there will be more changes in the management.

I am totally fcuked off. Maybe Kean will wander out into the technical area now he has his chum to back him up. I loved it when he deared wander into it against City and we booed him and he retreated never to be seen again in that match. Im going to create a banner approx 10 meters in length to hang down from the BBE top tier for the Spurs match with something like this...

That would be the stuff of legends Ralfinho :tu:

I also think reading the article below:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-appoint-former-Chelsea-man-Paul-Clement-as-assistant-head-coach-article811841.html

I think the significant point in the article he has signed a rolling contract suggests to me the clown is under pressure and it was a good point he has been appointed Head Coach not assistant manager at first was worried when the 1st article said he would be assistant manager/no.2 with Nicko's first article obviously he jumped the gun but seeing it confirmed from rovers site & above mirror article I breathe a massive sigh of relief like others.

Let me know where I can donate to that.

although you might want to change the text to

SK: PL P29 W6 D8 L15 = WORSET BRFC MANAGER IN EPL HISTORY

Below is the new release from the official website when JJ was appointed, it clearly states he is coming as Assistant Manager to support the Manager Steve Kean. Quite a contrast to the 'Assistant Head Coach' position that Clement has been given:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2264776,00.html

The fact that Clement is on a rolling contract further emphasises the point that this is an appointment to the coaching staff. I guess Steve Kean or his PR are responsible for positioning this appointment as significant in order to strengthen his weakening reputation.

Archived