BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Clement

As far as I can tell, Clement has never been an assistant manager. He was an assistant first team coach at Chelsea, whatever that is.

Our coaching staff will consist of a first team coach who has never been a first team coach before, an assistant who has never been an assistant before, and a manager who has never been a manager before.

Is this how Venky's manage all their businesses? Makes you wonder why they have so much money to be honest.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can tell, Clement has never been an assistant manager. He was an assistant first team coach at Chelsea, whatever that is.

Our coaching staff will consist of a first team coach who has never been a first team coach before, an assistant who has never been an assistant before, and a manager who has never been a manager before.

Is this how Venky's manage all their businesses? Makes you wonder why they have so much money to be honest.

Spot on, a point I made earlier, we need EXPERIENCE to get us out of this bad run not another novice joining the club.

Young players, novice manager, novice assist manager, boardroom cleared out - being cynical all this could be being done to run the club 'on the cheap'

I don't think it makes much difference to the Kean situation. I believe PC will be on a rolling contract, Venkys have given all appointments rolling contracts initially and no reason to believe this one will be any different.

Will it help him get results - maybe, although I don't think he will have enough time to really influence the OPR and Tottenham game. If Kean loses them I think he will be out - regardsless. With PC in charge as caretaker till a new man is brought in.

Quality assistant?

Looking at his cv he has never been an assistant manager before at senior level (under 21's assistant at Ireland doesn't really count).

He also has ties to Kean at Fulham, how did that work out?

Venky's stupidity continues to show. What was the sensible move during the two week international break? Easy, sack the manager and let the new guy bring in their own staff. Instead they keep the inept one in charge and bring in a youth team coach as his assistant.

Mrs D, Balaji and Venkatesh you are geniuses!

Ah I see, I had thought Clemnet was assistant manager, rather than assistant first team coach, at Chelsea. And if he does have links to Kean then we are in a very sticky situation.

It is very easy in these troubled times to put 2 and 2 together and get 5 we are going to have to wait until after the spurs game before drawing

any conclusions. We need as loud a protest inside the ground as possible, especially if some of the venkeys are there. Unfortunately it looks

like our protests need to be increased whether we like it or not. Our ultimate weapon is to boycott games if things do not improve.

We need as many large banners as possible displayed at the spurs game.

I cannot conjure up any enthusiasm whatsoever for this appointment, if we had a decent manager I’d see this as a positive step, but we haven’t so Clement now becomes part of the problem.

Kean gets sacked over the next couple of games, Clement is already in prime position to take over surely, this is the way I see things.

Has Clement got what it takes to be a premiership manager?

This is another idiotic move from Venkys in my opinion, I just can't understand the logic behind it. Hiring Kean's choice of assistant manager under the current circumstances either means:

1. Kean is staying for longer than a few more games.

2. Kean isn't staying long and the new manager will have to work with an assistant he hasn't picked.

3. Kean isn't staying long and the assistant will be sacked when he is, having done the job for a matter of weeks.

These outcomes range from disastrous to plain dumb, and if the appointment is confirmed it will show Venkys have learnt nothing.

No imminent sacking then.

If results continue to be as poor and we get further entrenched in the relegation zone yet nothing gets done, then there is without doubt something else going on.

If there is no change made when the owners are fully aware of relegaton and the fanbase is in uproar, I cannot see any other conclusion.

rovers website just confirmed Paul Clement as Kean number 2

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2481760,00.html

Don't you just want to punch Kean? Look at his face in that picture.

This is disastrous. It would have made a tiny bit of sense of the guy was a proven assistant who could compensate for Kean's lack of experience and tactical expertise. Hiring someone like Clement is a joke. I know that everyone has to start somewhere, but we are not in a position to be taking risks on unproven people.

rovers website just confirmed Paul Clement as Kean number 2

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2481760,00.html

The club have announced that he is to be the new assistant head coach.

Does this mean he is not the assistant manager ?

Also, if he is the assistant head coach then who is the head coach ?

Why is nothing straightforward with the Venkys?!

Thats his chaffeur sorted then (beileve Clement also southern based) - kean can neck a few more tinnies on sunday afternoon before he sleeps it off in the car on the way up on sunday night.

Makes sense though when you think about it - I wouldn't give a job to anyone who I thought would become serious competition for me in the future and I think that has been kean's selection criteria here.

Have always suspected that the battle to oust kean would become a long-term war with venkys and this just confirms it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't starting to lose heart myself but I would just encourage eveyone with the genuine best interests of BRFC at heart to try and remain strong and make sure we do as much as we possibly can to get the V's to bin this clown and his new side-kick. We will prevail but lets just hope that it isn't too late.

Archived