BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £20 for 3 home games

I responded to you post where you suggest that maybe not many would take up this offer, due to situation at the club. I was trying to give reasons why they should.

It was not directed to you as an individual. After all you had not mentioned your own position, in the post I replyed too. Sorry if you took it personnel, not intended.

I'm sorry I misinterpreted it. Wasn't offended though! :lol:

People should go. But can also understand their frustrations and why they refuse to go.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes sense for the club to do this.

Charge full price = empty seats, lost revenue, less team support.

Cheap seats = more fans, more revenue, more support.

You have to ask yourself why they are doing this. The cynic in me would say they are doing this in an attempt to buy back the fans onto seats. I can imagine keans post match press conferences now "the fans are coming back because they are behind me"

However it is a fantastic deal and supporting the team is paramount.

Another of the reasons that I chose not to renew my ST was that I knew these deals would figure frequently as attendances fell away. Whether I can be arsed taking it up I'm not sure but everything that happens under the Venkeymob makes my decision to pack in my ST all the more sensible.

Just as an aside and ignoring my feelings toward the Goon in Pune but this sort of stuff just devalues the product. Even with the lowest cost in the country who the hell with any gumption will feel like shelling out for a ST next year? Oh and if we go down they will have to go up.... anybody care to speculate how that scenario will hit attendances? :unsure: How about the Punee 9? Surely that must have been one of the questions high up on the agenda on your privileged little jolly? The effects of various influences on admission prices would surely be proper Fans Forum business I should think. So what did the Venkeys say about that when you asked? Or is it true that they don't even consider the possibility that the club could ever be relegated. Is that right guys?

Another of the reasons that I chose not to renew my ST was that I knew these deals would figure frequently as attendances fell away. Whether I can be arsed taking it up I'm not sure but everything that happens under the Venkeymob makes my decision to pack in my ST all the more sensible.

Just as an aside and ignoring my feelings toward the Goon in Pune but this sort of stuff just devalues the product. Even with the lowest cost in the country who the hell with any gumption will feel like shelling out for a ST next year? Oh and if we go down they will have to go up.... anybody care to speculate how that scenario will hit attendances? :unsure: How about the Punee 9? Surely that must have been one of the questions high up on the agenda on your privileged little jolly? The effects of various influences on admission prices would surely be proper Fans Forum business I should think. So what did the Venkeys say about that when you asked? Or is it true that they don't even consider the possibility that the club could ever be relegated. Is that right guys?

Ticket pricing is something that's been discussed regularly on the forum (and I feel we've been a significant factor in the fight for cheap price tickets over the years). It was mentioned in passing on Tuesday that there was a potential promotion in the offing that I suspected would be similar to the previous "crucial 3" (i.e. sod the profit, we'll get the place full to get a bit of buzz back during games).

I don't honestly remember the ticket prices being mentioned in Pune. Hell, there are a whole huge heap of things we can voice our dissatisfaction at, but ticket prices aren't one of them. In fact, if we'd wasted time out there discussing ticket prices we'd have been pulled apart for only talking about the soft subjects.

... and seriously, for a man with several accountants (I used to laugh at that, but now realise I'm in the same boat) surely you can see that three cut price games vs walk on prices for the rest of the season, is a really really false economy. I understand not having an ST for many reasons, LACK OF VALUE is not one of them!

As you've admitted to being on freebies all season, despite apparently having better things to do with your time, that you can't be arsed to shell out £20 comes as little surprise.

Perhaps instead of pontificating on here and calling out overseas fans for putting nothing in the club coffers your time would be better spent elsewhere? Or at least send the club £20 and give the tickets to a deserving individual who can't afford to go.

Or perhaps you don't actually have anything better to do? Sad thought.

As you've admitted to being on freebies all season, despite apparently having better things to do with your time, that you can't be arsed to shell out £20 comes as little surprise.

Perhaps instead of pontificating on here and calling out overseas fans for putting nothing in the club coffers your time would be better spent elsewhere? Or at least send the club £20 and give the tickets to a deserving individual who can't afford to go.

Or perhaps you don't actually have anything better to do? Sad thought.

You've changed your tune! I seem to rem you saying you would have packed in with the ST but for your lad.

In fact here it is ....http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/24615-season-ticket-prices-201112/page__view__findpost__p__1087432

Paul I can never take you seriously cos you change your mind with the wind.

You've changed your tune! I seem to rem you saying you would have packed in with the ST but for your lad.

In fact here it is ....

I presume you are referring to this sentence:

I have renewed two of our three tickets though I had no inclination to do so. I've renewed because my son can't go without me and if this wasn't the case I may not have renewed. I'm just not sure.

Can I refer you to the OED and suggest you comprehend the words, "may not" and "just not sure." To save you the time, as you have so many better things to do, they equate to uncertain.

Now as you chose not to buy an ST but are happy to attend games for free could you explain your position? Can we assess it as "I won't go unless someone else pays?" seems like a reasonable assumption to me.

My view now, having been uncertain, is I will be at Ewood while football is played there. You can go off on a search mission to find that post as well - I have better things to do.

The gates for these games will show one way or the other the strength of feeling against Venkys.

Continued boycotting at very cheap prices, for games we (ordinarily) ought to win would be pretty damning.

Sadly it would still be the fans who get slagged off in the media. For being unhumble or some such nonsense.

My view now, having been uncertain, is I will be at Ewood while football is played there.

Point proven. Thanks.

btw I wonder what vulgar supercar old Barry White will be putting your hard earned money toward? :rolleyes: Whatever it is he won't be using mine and neither will Delboy and Rodders.

I seriously doubt this was something the venky boys came up with but fair play to the club for going through with it. I guess it will give an indication as to how the casual 'walk on' fans are feeling in the current climate. It's either gonna add towards a better atmosphere, or louder boo's.

Point proven. Thanks.

Err, no. Just another example of your failure to read people's words and apply the correct meaning, even when it's explained to you.

btw I wonder what vulgar supercar old Barry White will be putting your hard earned money toward? :rolleyes: Whatever it is he won't be using mine and neither will Delboy and Rodders.

Not entirely sure, it probably won't be a footballer. I'll comfort myself with the knowledge I'm not a free-loader which is clearly what you have become.

Now what about giving the club £20 and letting someone who can't afford to go use the tickets? That question remains unanswered.

Can we expect a response or is it another you'll dodge?

I seriously doubt this was something the venky boys came up with but fair play to the club for going through with it. I guess it will give an indication as to how the casual 'walk on' fans are feeling in the current climate. It's either gonna add towards a better atmosphere, or louder boo's.

I wouldn't be surprised if venkys knew nothing of it. Such is the comms between ewood and Pune.

Archived