BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v Rovers League Cup quarter-final

jim mk2

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting--the original report from the Independent yesterday on the Stoke game defiiteltely commented on the abuse Kean was getting from the stands and stated that he was "genuinely loathed" by the Rovers fans. I quoted that bit elsewhere yesterday.

That same article now no longer contains that reference. :rock:

I'd like to ask the same question about parking. Anyone got any suggestions?

I did read that there is some official parking near the away end for £5. Think the Gol centre is £4 but they give you tokens of that value to spend in their bar.

After looking at this guide think I will be trying for the official away car park (although there is only space for around 200 cars), if thats full then will head for the Gol Centre.

does anyone know if this game is being televised?

Not on any official tv/sat schedules - cant even find it on streaming sites so may be limited to the higlights (if there are any!).

It's going to be a very emotional night tonight. Wales played most of their games under speed at Cardiff.

Cardiff will be very much up for this and I can see a mullering.

Can I suggest NO Kean Out banners tonight out of respect for Gary Speed.

At the risk of sounding like The Imposter, it is a bit of a win/win situation for us tonight. Win the game and we can look forward to a semi final in the new year....lose it and it surely opens the trap door for him, particularly now the press seem to have finally woken up to his record.

Should be feeling very excited about a Cup Quarter Final, but I just can't bring myself round to it.

I think we will win though, Kean will put out his strongest eleven because he knows that getting into the semi's of the league cup will do wonders for keeping him in the job.

3-2 Rovers.

Ed Milliband on Steve Kean today:

"He's got to change course... he's got to accept that his plan has failed," it is "hurting not working" said Mr. Milliband (about George Osbourne actually).

Now I wouldn't like to give Kean the credit of having a plan of ANY sort, but how applicable to him is that statement?

Also The Independent has to be praised for publicising the fans' view and showing that the man is suffering from some form of delusional disorder.MUST READ

Don't know what to expect tonight, largely because it's a cup game so I don't know what to think...but I do know what happened last time we were in Cardiff for the League Cup. Mark Hughes bossed the midfield and Matty and Andy won an epic underdog final victory for us! Nearly 10 years ago that now! Right i'm leaving in an hour, see you on't match!

Ed Milliband on Steve Kean today:

"He's got to change course... he's got to accept that his plan has failed," it is "hurting not working" said Mr. Milliband (about George Osbourne actually).

Difficult to say who is the more incompetent: Kean or Osborne. For Venky's, read the Tory party.

The clockwork jimmobile is wound up and ready to sally forth down the motorway.

Come on the Rovers.

Difficult to say who is the more incompetent: Kean or Osborne. For Venky's, read the Tory party.

Come on the Rovers.

Fortunately, Jim, your judgement of football is better than politics.

Kean = Brown & Balls ! What a mess they've left us with !

Come on the Rovers.

Might have to get a move on Jim - will you get there in time going at 35 mph all the way there?

Ideal world - Win tonight on penalties, then sacked tomorrow as we only beat a championship team on pens.

If he wins tonight, even on pens, he will be in charge for the semis. We can be pretty certain of that.

You don´t give someone a bumper new contract just to sack him.

Kean doesn´t appear to be going anywhere.

Archived