SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 1st Annual BRFCS Dinner

Glenn

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first post.

Had a really good time last night and would definitely attend in the future. SG was a disappointment but didn't detract from the overall evening. Learning for the future is to invite someone who can articulate and share experience. Thought the room was good for an event like this. Well done to those who put the effort into arranging.

Dont remember this waitress :unsure: ,

Thought Tash was excellent as was the comedian. Was a little disappointed with SG too, but it certainly did not detract from a well organised event,

Tom was a great doorman too, after initially refusing my entry, he had a change of heart, good lad :-)

Wife really enjoyed it too, and she would defo go to more events like this one

It was great to put faces to names it was good seeing Tom M & Glen Mullan and Wayne Wild there who is such a nice and passionate man hopefully the BRSIT comes good. It was good to finally catch up with Josh just a shame Kamy couldn't be there as a top night was had by all. Excellent Carvery dinner very filling well done to the nonda for organising this all. An exceptionally good night well organised event and great people. Josh I thought that was abit harsh how do you mean I am funnier in real life I did my best. I accept my punctuation at times on here is erratic but I thought I did pretty well for the interview and look forward to my podcast appearance tried to be myself. I thought Tash was really funny with his simon gardiner impression and Simon Bennett was a great comedian to have for the night. Glen it was great to meet up with you Topman there was nothing wrong with SG he was very polite as were all our former players I got a a good photo with Simon,Matt & Garry and got autographs of all three thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely attend again hopefully by which time I will be living a bit nearer.

What was up with Garner then? Did he seem disinterested? Shy? What?

I'd have to say a combination of disinterested and poorly prepared.

The only time I have seen a Q&A event work was with Ian Botham. Everybody was asked to write a question down at the start with the 'best' ones selected during the meal put in loogical order and addressed to him after the meal by his manager/agent with his answer directed from standing to the audience. Obviously anything too contentious can be avoided but that format did add structure and continuity to his 'act'.

That bit was the reason i didn't go. I think it would be a bit like watching a film of a book you like - I have mental images of people on here and don't really want to see what they are like in the flesh!

That was one of the reasons I didn't go.

I thought you might be there and I didn't want to give you a shock.

I actually look like a twenty five year old. I have a thick head of fair hair, a lovely gleaming set of (my own) teeth, no wrinkles whatsoever, a body like superman and charisma better than Cary Grant.

Maybe I'll be tempted to display it all at the next BRFCS dinner.

I too really enjoyed the night! Even though I wasn't really there :P

I didn't manage to meet alot of people, though did end up joining Tom, Glenn and Nodrog's table later on in the evening.

That was my one regret (ok, about 5th regret after missing Josh off my Thank You's, claiming DazMaz wasn't there, forgetting to thank the sponsors/gift givers and giving Tash names of people who weren't there) ... there were just so many people there I didn't get chance to talk to, so if one of them was you (and you weren't avoiding me on purpose :) Then, sorry).

But don't worry, feedback from this was good enough that not only do I want to do it all again, I wan't to organise something similar, but very very very different before then.

That was one of the reasons I didn't go.

I thought you might be there and I didn't want to give you a shock.

I actually look like a twenty five year old. I have a thick head of fair hair, a lovely gleaming set of (my own) teeth, no wrinkles whatsoever, a body like superman and charisma better than Cary Grant.

Maybe I'll be tempted to display it all at the next BRFCS dinner.

Where can I buy a mirror like yours Bazza? I really would like one.

But don't worry, feedback from this was good enough that not only do I want to do it all again, I wan't to organise something similar, but very very very different before then.

Bamber Bridge 'wake' might be an opportunity should the worst happen? :mellow:

Whilst we are on the subject just how good was the tall waitress's figure? Just perchance anybody is struggling to recall (and to aggravate Abbey and AS) she was the one all in black with the tight top, micro mini skirt, legs up to her neck and thigh boots! We were on the round table near the back and she was constantly walking to and fro past us. I thinki I missed my mouth with a forkful of food 3 times!

In which case, I may have to make the next one!

Archived