BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs West Brom preview

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing those horrible protests stopped, been much better today.

Yeah very true.

Boys really responded to the fans today and pulled trough for us in response to the non protest....

Spineless players, clueless Manager and down right dog

awful owners.

Everybody barring us fans deserve the championship.

It really is no wonder why the media make fun of us.

Our supporters are pathetic morons.

We are losing - Boooooo! Kean Out! Boooooo!!!

Drawing - Yayyyy! Come on Rovers! Walking down the...

Losig - Booooo! Kean out!!!

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be mainly "Booooo! Kean out!!!" from here on out.

My non-board tainted second half analysis of our performance:

Robbo, good job. Not at fault for the goals which were more about the defenses failure to close down the attacker.

Lowe, overall did a good job both on defense and in mid-field. Needs experience.

Dann, competent. Looks to be forming a partnership with Samba.

Samba, good on defense and critical on the attack.

Pedersen, very respectable performance.

Vucevic, good performance until he was substituted. I think he was a good buy.

Dunn, more or less a high risk non-entity.

N'Zonzi, a quiet half other than one strike. Probably a good thing as if he engaged more he may have given up stupid free kicks.

Rochina, a talent but very poor decision making.

Formica, another high energy, talent on display half.

Yakubu, not much to work with mostly as he was too frequently off side.

Roberts (s), why?

Hanley (s), decent performance.

Goodwillie (s), okay.

Substituting Dunn made sense. He was getting slower and was going to expose us. Roberts for Vucivek made no sense. While taking Rochina off was an obvious decision and should have come off sooner.

Morrison showed Rochina how to do it with WBA's first goal. No hesitation, just shoot. Rochina needs some time in the reserves to drive the point home, shoot or pass. Don't play with the ball.

Lot of camera shots of the 0% Kean or Venkys, 100% Rovers shirt and Xmass hats.

Something occurred to me watching the match without checking back on the board. I think Venys transfer dealings are fairly respectable. But Kean is no manager. He can't organize or motivate a team. He's trying to coast on the talent he has available (and there is talent), but the real managers know how to sniff out our weaknesses while Kean doesn't know how to respond.

We can't beat relegation rivals at home, without organized protests, and a decent squad (though Kean will doubtless complain of injuries). Long and short of it the weak link is Steve Kean. Please Venkys, open your eyes and get us a competent, experienced manager. We're going down otherwise (and might anyway at this late date).

Today, I preferred to take the missus out for lunch and then final Christmas shopping. Says it all really.

Goodbye to PL Rovers - I doubt I will see them there again in my lifetime.

Sad, sad times.

I seriously can't remember the last time I felt 100% sure we were going to lose despite scoring an equalizer late on in the 2nd half. West Brom played like they were at the Hawthorns and responded accordingly after Danns goal. Still....with a manager in place - a REAL manager - with a gameplan, defensive fibers and the ability to motivate players when things are not going as planned we should have at least been able to give Brom a fight for those 3 points.

Both goals from Brom could've been avoided with a touch of organization in defense, but the players look like they don't know what to do in these situations. Just look at that situation towards the end where Formica is fighting to win the ball down by our right cornerflag and put enough pressure on the Brom-player to make him give the ball away but there were NO cover and thus Brom got the ball back. This is the managers fault and no one else. Players show in glimpses that they are good enough to stay in the PL, but without a manager we will deservedly be relegated in may.

All that is left to play for now is to avoid setting some kind of (negative) record - i.e. most goals conceded, lowest points tally etc

I have never before felt so utterly down and beaten but being a a machosist I'll be watching us lose to Bolton on tuesday. Kean out!

Utter disgrace - no fight in the players. It's gone beyond a joke.

Special mention for pedersens failure to put his foot in for the challenge that led to he goal - disgrace. You would put any manager in the mire for that rubbish piece of defending - were you frightened of getting your socks dirty?

The situation is not irreversible.

We need a NEW manager NOW, look at the table it can happen.

HOWEVER Venkys are completely clueless and I cannot see them firing Kean EVEN if we lose against Bolton- which I predict will happen.

we were sh*te with a capital kean

yet again! no way will he be gone or manger introduce by bolton are fate could be well and truly be sealed.

What does kean have to do to be sacked?

Getting a box of venkys chicken getting naked than shuffling up and down the half way with "I f*cked mrs desai" written with blood on his chest while rubbing a chicken wing up and down his a** crack....WOULD THAT DO IT???

Same ###### every week. Yak running around begging for help by himself upfront, defending with no organization just 9 players ball watching/chasing, no one closing down lanes... the list of errors we see week in and week out uncorrected goes on and on. What a terrible game played by a team that looks like they've not been told anything by anyone on how anything resembling a game plan should go.

What a damn train wreck. Venkys could sack Kean now (but won't) and we'd still probably go down. With Kean in charge all year, we'll be beginning our steep fall down the leagues in no time.

I've never felt so low walking up Bolton Road..

Never seen so many of the home crowd so vocally turn on the manager. Even Radio Rovers are talking about the pressure on the manager now.

Surely his time must finally be up.

Just listened to radio rovers and then phoned them up to vent... I won't be getting on air!

Neil said whilst talking to Gerald that he could not remember pedersens doing anything wrong at left back - which game was he watching? Second goal was 100% pedersens fault.

It's time to shut that station unless they start to share the anger that everyone feels.

I am fuming after that match... Aaaaaargh

Archived