BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes

Incredibly Nicko seems to think that the return of Sparky is possible.

Mirror

I think 99.9999% of Rovers fans would be blown away by his arrival at Ewood. Hughes has class, ability to motivate players, a great eye in the transfer market, commands total respect, great experience from guiding Rovers through a previous relegation threatened campign, can set up a team to fight as well as play a bit of football.

But how likely is it for him to take the reigns with absent owners, clueless about how to run a football club, seemingly unwilling to learn, and who - to top it off - have binned his close friend John Williams...

Also, while our squd has some creative talent and a couple of decent defenders it has few quality players, and Rovers are well adrift at the bottom of the table with a run of difficult fixtures ahead.

The things that work in Rovers' favour are really only three fold:-

*He can earn a massive bonus

*He has a working relationship with some of our players (Nelsen, Pedersen and Samba principally)

*He has been out of management since the summer with no seemingly obvious way back in - Sunderland and Villa snubbed him - so may want to put his face in the shop window. His reputation took a bit of a kicking with the way he screwed over Fulham so he may consider a rescue bid a method of repairing it.

Personally I doubt that's enough. Unless he has some affection and pity for a former club perilously close to oblvion....

I would cry many tears of joy should this happen. Obviously I'd be over the moon with Hughes coming in, but I think I'd be even more ecstatic by the fact that Steve Kean - a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh|t* - had been sacked.

Also, from the LT article ( http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9430422.Kean_s_Rovers_reign_expected_to_end_after_Trotters_loss/ )

A furious Ewood Park again called for Kean’s sacking, with one supporter throwing a shirt at him at the final whistle, while an estimated 500 fans congregated post match outside the ground chanting for his sacking.

Whoever did that is an absolute legend in my book. Give him the freedom of Blackburn at once!

* = National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I cant see this happening.

Steve Kean will stay here for ever, it seems.

We will get relegated, and all we will hear along the way are injuries.

EVERY team has injures, okey we happen to have more than one from our back four out at the moment, but you're never really going to have a 100 % full squad, its always a few injuries here and there...

Mark Hughes, would he want to work under Venkys? No chance! His friend John Williams is long gone, and times have changed.

Im so depressed right now...I want to wake up from this nightmare!

It's a win win situation for sparky...

Keep us up = against all odds his stock rises big bonus

Takes us down = he inherited a losing team not his squad and were already bottom at Xmas but brave effort (potentially) as he turned it round just not completely

Come on mark you know you want to, none of the top 6/7 jobs are up for grabs in the coming months so get with us and do the right thing

I would judge Hughes for coming back. The man would be crazy. Love it to happen but it wont.

I also think its time to realise that not only is the current manager useless, but our squad is very very weak. The amount of investment to bring us up to premier league standard would need to be phenomenal.

There is too much work to be done. For anyone to walk into Rovers now and turn the results around would be miraculous. The players aren't good enough and the owners are clearly reluctant to dig into their own pockets to finance a transfer window spending spree. Kean, for all his faults, is just part of the problem.

It was nice whilst it lasted.

Too many mixed messages here, one says they won't sack Kean cos they can't afford to another speaks of million dollar bonuses. What to believe.

There's some tweeting about them sacking Kean and employing someone else, but not with their money - whatever that means.

I suspect they are looking into financing this some way. The penny has to drop sometime that they stand to lose far more if we get relegated. Hopefully it already has.

Alan brazil said this morning he was told yesterday rovers have a lot of money about to come in from a backer in dubai.

He got it slightly wrong, from what I am told representatives of the owners are talking to a finance institution in Dubai about getting a new finance agreement, which would allow them to dump Barclays, or have a fall back option after they have provided Barclays with the £10 million that they have demanded by 31st December.

He got it slightly wrong, from what I am told representatives of the owners are talking to a finance institution in Dubai about getting a new finance agreement, which would allow them to dump Barclays, or have a fall back option after they have provided Barclays with the £10 million that they have demanded by 31st December.

Do none of the fit and proper tests include financial positions? This sounds like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Is the fit and proper test only applied when a club is purchased and never revisited?

With everything that's going on I can't believe there is no comment from the PL.

That sounds great. Sounds like being refused a loan from the bank so going to some dodgy, flash loan shark.

That would leave the option for Venkys to leave Barclays with a lump owing to them or they would use the Dubai connection to get Barclays to back off.......

Having witnessed that tripe last night, I wouldn't lend Venkys ten bob.

Guest Rovers4Good

If there is one man who could save us from this mess it's Sparky and i for one would have him back in a shot.

Time to go Keano, time to go, time to go Keano, time to go, time to go Keano, time to go, oh Keano time to go!!!!!!!!

Archived