BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Adam Henley

mark1875

Two and a half years? Why do we do this to ourselves time and time again? By the time he establishes himself as a saleable asset, there won't be a lot left on his contract and we will be under added pressure to sell cheap or give him a mega pay rise. IMO, deals like this should be circa 4 years, whilst we can sign them to cheap terms, or include terms that trigger automatic extensions after say 10 appearances in the final year (which, to be fair, it might).

Congratulations Adam, you deserve it, I picked you out last year as the one to watch when everyone was saying Robbie Cotton was the next one to come through, he still may but you have obviously listened and learned, have a great mentality and dont appear to be fazed by playing the big games, well done.

On another note here, one thing must be right at Rovers, Jason Lowe, Adam Henley and Phil Jones have pushed through in the last three years, one a year from the academy is awesome!!

Two great battling performances at Anfield and Old Trafford for such a young player. Brilliant to see another youngster coming through the ranks and performing like he's been in the team for the last few seasons.

Agree.

For me it is a ray of light wwatching our youngsters such as Henley and today also Morris totally fearless and performing well.

When we can get Ollsson back we will have a decent left side. Henley - Olsson.

Time to drop peds.

He's a right back isn't he? I would bring in either Olsson or Givet for Nzonzi if they are fit, shift Henley to the right and play Lowe and Petrovic in midfield.

Amazing that he played so well at left back when he is infact a right back! Against Valencia and Nani too.... wow.

I suppose, if everyone was fit, the best back four would be:-

Henley(RB)---Samba---Givet----Olsson(LB)

Since Salgado has been dropped and Givet is no longer at full back we have looked much stronger in defence. No way back for Salgado now with Lowe and Henley available for that role. I think it is the right time to sell him to be honest.

Have we ever had a team with so many young/Academy players?

Risky strategy to say the least, but they do add a real energy to the side.

It is risky but I'd much prefer us to be playing the likes of Henley, Morris & Slew over the Salgado's and Roberts' of the World

It is risky but I'd much prefer us to be playing the likes of Henley, Morris & Slew over the Salgado's and Roberts' of the World

Having so many young players in the team is one reason we are nearly bottom of the league.

It's the old heads such as Emerton, E-H Diouf, Nelsen, and the Salgado of last season we miss.

Having so many young players in the team is one reason we are nearly bottom of the league.

It's the old heads such as Emerton, E-H Diouf, Nelsen, and the Salgado of last season we miss.

this isn't the 2010/11 season anymore, we don't have most of those players and the ones that are here might aswell not be. I'd rather play Henley over the liability that is Salgado, we were hardly high flying when Emerton was here and Nelson might aswell just retire

He's a right back isn't he? I would bring in either Olsson or Givet for Nzonzi if they are fit, shift Henley to the right and play Lowe and Petrovic in midfield.

Natural left footer, can play either side though!!

Edit, should have done my homework better, Adam played mainly left back through the academy though he is naturally right footed, sorry 99!!

this isn't the 2010/11 season anymore, we don't have most of those players and the ones that are here might aswell not be. I'd rather play Henley over the liability that is Salgado, we were hardly high flying when Emerton was here and Nelson might aswell just retire

You need older heads in the team. Are you saying we don't miss the experience of Emerton, the nous of Diouf and a fit Nelsen and the Salgado of last season ?

It's partly the inexperience of our younger players that has cost us points this season - especially the late goals we have conceded.

As Alan Hansen famously said, you don't win anything with a team of kids. Or avoid relegation.

Archived