BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Preview 25/2/2012

colin

Let's be honest this club is heading for the Championship and will not stop there. This group of players would struggle to hold their own in the Championship and I've no doubt that the likes of Robinson, Martin Olsson, Nzonzi, Hoilett and the Yak will all be gone in the summer. We are a complete embarrassment both on and off the pitch. Quite frankly I'd be amazed if there are three worse teams than us come the end of the season. Apart from Yakubu, we haven't bought one player under Desai and Kean who has improved the team. Watching young Marcus Olsson today and one couldn't help but feel sorry for the lad. Thrown in at the deep end when he probably needs a few months to get his game up to the speed of the Premier League. Then again, Formica and Rochina have been here a year and still struggle while six months down the road and Petrovic is appalling while Vukcevic seems glued to the bench. Dann is nowhere near the player that Nelsen still is while Goodwillie, rather than being the next Wayne Rooney, looks like he might struggle to be the next Joe Craig! Meanwhile, Anderson and Slew continue to flounder in the Reserves, while Bruno seems unable to make the reserve team these days.

Today was a clear indication that Blackburn Rovers have abdicated all pretence at being a Premier League club. We struggled to get to the half-way line, let alone the City penalty area. City could, and should, have scored seven or eight with ease. There was no fight, no effort and no belief. The players look a relegated outfit already and the manager looks completely bereft of ideas.

Personally, I intend to enjoy watching the opposition for the remainder of this season for I fear it may be the last we see of top flight footballers playing against the Rovers for many years to come.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you all expect when the Arabian oil barons come up against the Indian chicken farmers?

Glad it was only 3-0.

Only one MOM..............Robbo. The rest were shiite.

2nd goal in particular was 99% robinsons fault, ive said in the past when it comes to goalkeeping basics like catching a ball and holding on to it hes bizarely incapable, he only likes the show boaty type saves.

Please tell me what 'supporting' Kean is going to achieve? Please, I'd be fascinated to know.

Take your head out of the sand and realize we're well and truly ******, and that's including if we survive this season.

We won't survive , we were lucky too last season and we are far worse now !! Allardyce kept us up last season !

We will finish bottom , we have without doubt the worst group of players . manager and owners in the division ...

Let's be honest this club is heading for the Championship and will not stop there. This group of players would struggle to hold their own in the Championship and I've no doubt that the likes of Robinson, Martin Olsson, Nzonzi, Hoilett and the Yak will all be gone in the summer. We are a complete embarrassment both on and off the pitch. Quite frankly I'd be amazed if there are three worse teams than us come the end of the season. Apart from Yakubu, we haven't bought one player under Desai and Kean who has improved the team. Watching young Marcus Olsson today and one couldn't help but feel sorry for the lad. Thrown in at the deep end when he probably needs a few months to get his game up to the speed of the Premier League. Then again, Formica and Rochina have been here a year and still struggle while six months down the road and Petrovic is appalling while Vukcevic seems glued to the bench. Dann is nowhere near the player that Nelsen still is while Goodwillie, rather than being the next Wayne Rooney, looks like he might struggle to be the next Joe Craig! Meanwhile, Anderson and Slew continue to flounder in the Reserves, while Bruno seems unable to make the reserve team these days.

Today was a clear indication that Blackburn Rovers have abdicated all pretence at being a Premier League club. We struggled to get to the half-way line, let alone the City penalty area. City could, and should, have scored seven or eight with ease. There was no fight, no effort and no belief. The players look a relegated outfit already and the manager looks completely bereft of ideas.

Personally, I intend to enjoy watching the opposition for the remainder of this season for I fear it may be the last we see of top flight footballers playing against the Rovers for many years to come.

A superb summation as ever PB.

There's nothing much left. I look back on a quote made on here by someone last year. One of the Rovers staff apparently mentioned to someone or other that Kean was on a bonus for taking us down. Ridiculous i know. But what would a burnley fan have done differently?

It's been that bad over the last 14 months that it just can't be an accident. They don't even bother trying to explain themselves anymore. Don't even feel the need. Despicable.

I was thinking the exact same.

I have been Rovers loopy since I was first taken to Ewood at 5 years old, yet I sat there today (at home, as I just couldn't stick going to City- first time ever for me) completely passive, I wasn't nervous/excited pre match, part of me wanted to swtich over to the cricket.

Watching a bunch of clueless journeymen on the pitch, an incompetent buffoon on the sidelines and for the first time ever, I thought 'what's the point'?

I can associate with every word you have written Matty , but I did turn the cricket on and went for a shower ...That would not have happenend pre this corrupt regime !!!

Excellent summary of our position .

• Backroom

Results wise I expected worse. Performance wise I've never seen anything so pathetic in my life from two teams apparently in the same division.

Unfortunately performances like this are to be expected when our experienced and/or best players are sold off and replaced with the likes of Bradley Orr, Radoslav Petrovic, Martin Olsson's less talented twin brother and Scott Dann.

We're a joke. An absolute laughing stock.

Funny thing is I'm not sure what's good for the club any more. If we stay up we'll have more of the same next year - except it'll likely be far worse as the summer will have shorn us of any remaining decent players and they'll have been succeeded by Venky's Brand replacements.

Meanwhile if we get relegated there are all sorts of horrific variables that come into play. I don't really want to think about it.

Time for a drink.

Excellent post, sums it all up. How can a manager buy such poor players!! It beggars belief! I'm sure most of us could buy better than he does.

A superb summation as ever PB.

There's nothing much left. I look back on a quote made on here by someone last year. One of the Rovers staff apparently mentioned to someone or other that Kean was on a bonus for taking us down. Ridiculous i know. But what would a burnley fan have done differently?

It's been that bad over the last 14 months that it just can't be an accident. They don't even bother trying to explain themselves anymore. Don't even feel the need. Despicable.

Indians go about things differently. To them, saving face is all-important. If necessary, they will lie and lie again in order to maintain respect.

Presumably they are thinking things are now so bad, not even an indian style whopper could possibly get them out of jail now.

One thing they definitely won't be doing is being frank with the fans. And quite honestly, I doubt they care about the fans, it's all about profit and loss.

Quote from baldy after today

We are dissapointed about today,but we"ll move on.

We'll take the negatives and kick on from there.

Excellent post, sums it all up. How can a manager buy such poor players!! It beggars belief! I'm sure most of us could buy better than he does.

It does , but I wonder at times if Kean actually bought the players , or was a certain agent buying them ..We know he bought Rochina and Formica and they are not good enough for PL football ..So it is possible in fact anything is possible at Ewood Park at the moment ...

If it is true any decent person would have resigned months ago ..But alas Mr kean is not a decent person in fact he is lower than a snakes belly ..

savage, they are only winnable if we had a manager who knew how to win!!

Given that everything is structurally against us as a club, I'm pretty pleased to have 8 fixtures left that could go either way. With a bit of luck we can stay up. After what Venky's have done to the club over the past year we should be dead and buried by now but we're not so it's credit to the players!

savage, they are only winnable if we had a manager who knew how to win!!

Given that everything is structurally against us as a club, I'm pretty pleased to have 8 fixtures left that could go either way. With a bit of luck we can stay up. After what Venky's have done to us over the past year we should be dead and buried by now but we're not so it's credit to the players!

Given that everything is structurally against us as a club, I'm pretty pleased to have 8 fixtures left that could go either way. With a bit of luck we can stay up. After what Venky's have done to us over the past year we should be dead and buried by now but we're not so it's credit to the players!

Who gives a flying **** if we do stay up? You want another year of this? Steve Kean pretending to be a PL manager, Venky's raffling off our best players and replacing them with a shower of ****?

Bring on relegation, I say. Maybe then we'll be shot of these ######.

That first goal winds me up the more I see it.

What on earth was Bradley Orr doing? Dann was was responsible for Aguero, why didn't he move over to mark the winger like he was supposed to instead of standing a yard away from Dann.

That's two goals in two games that we have conceded due to him. How many more before the season is up? I suppose that's what happens when you put Championship level players in defence.

• Backroom

What on earth was Bradley Orr doing? Dann was was responsible for Aguero, why didn't he move over to mark the winger like he was supposed to instead of standing a yard away from Dann.

That's two goals in two games that we have conceded due to him. How many more before the season is up? I suppose that's what happens when you put Championship level players in defence.

He's a QPR reserve, can't expect that much to be fair.

Players like Samba ,Salgado , Nelsen ,Emerton, Roberts ,Diouf, 2 Joneses or Goodwillie , Anderson,Ribeiro,Petrovic, Rochina ,Formica Modeste ,Dann and Orr ?????

Without the first 8 and Sam Allardyce we would be in the Championship now ....

Indians go about things differently. To them, saving face is all-important. If necessary, they will lie and lie again in order to maintain respect.

Presumably they are thinking things are now so bad, not even an indian style whopper could possibly get them out of jail now.

One thing they definitely won't be doing is being frank with the fans. And quite honestly, I doubt they care about the fans, it's all about profit and loss.

P & L and free advertising, undoubtedly. "saving face" ?! They don't care a jot about the success or failure of Rovers, they've proven that already with their decision making.

They are completely unaccountable. They answer to no one.

Jones, Kalanic, Samba. How much? Plus the wages saved from those guys, Nelsen, Emerton, Roberts, Andrews and many more as well. Combine that with the money from Sky and the PL then how on earth are we in so much debt and Barclays are so worried?

I think we all know deep down. And when they're done, they'll leave. And we'll start again. It won't be in the premier league.

Is he a converted CH? He does stray towards the centre, giving himself far too much to do when the ball goes wide for our opponents. They have far too much room. He does look very weak, surely Henley would be a better option during Lowes absence. I do have a little sympathy though, due to the fact he has a very lazy midfielder in front of him.

We need a miraculous about turn in team form Savage...a 'bit of luck'? :unsure:

Wow - typical knee jerk reactions.

All the people that predicted we would get beat 5,6 or 7 nil - are now complaining that we got beat 3-0.

I will admit that we were well out played - by a City team that rarely had to get out of second gear. But to be honest - did anyone expect any difference ?

They have millions to spend - our top january signing was a cast off from QPR - and yet people seem to think that we should "have a go at them".

For most teams - matches against the top teams these days are a write off - with any points gained a bonus. Unfortunately it is all about damage limitation - and keeping the goal difference as good as possible. Do I like it - hell no - but it is the reality of the current premiership.

Archived