BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Preview 25/2/2012

colin

A 5-0 score line would have been fairer. City never got out of second gear. I guess their +5 GD over Man U sufficient. The Observer today said we were 'supine'. And that Sir Alex could justifiably consider some sort of proceedings against a manager who played against Man U but not against City. But we have no quality or fight. After the Yak our best player by far is Nzinzi. And when he comes back, if he can control himself, Givet. I know Robinson made great save yesterday. But if he was just average on per cent saved in Prem, at 66%. Then: we've given up 59 goals, 5 worse than next worst in league. So say 120 shots on target. If Robunson saves league average of 2/3 we would have given 40 goals. We'd be about 11th place or so. A no-brainier. He's on massive wages too.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 5-0 score line would have been fairer. City never got out of second gear. I guess their +5 GD over Man U sufficient. The Observer today said we were 'supine'. And that Sir Alex could justifiably consider some sort of proceedings against a manager who played against Man U but not against City. But we have no quality or fight. After the Yak our best player by far is Nzinzi. And when he comes back, if he can control himself, Givet. I know Robinson made great save yesterday. But if he was just average on per cent saved in Prem, at 66%. Then: we've given up 59 goals, 5 worse than next worst in league. So say 120 shots on target. If Robunson saves league average of 2/3 we would have given 40 goals. We'd be about 11th place or so. A no-brainier. He's on massive wages too.

It wouldn't make much difference if we had Bunn in goal rather than Robbo imo. Our defending, from the front to our shower of a defence, is shocking.

I'll tell you what it reminded me of, when Andorra or San Marino play away at a top international side and don't even attempt to get out their own half, unfortunately we were less organised.

i thought it was more like a pub team winning a comp to have a training session with a league club.

• Backroom

Not all shots are equal though. I bet we give up by far the most sitters in the league too. There's no need to shoot from 35 yards when you're playing against us.

Aye, just wait until one of Orr, Hanley, Olsson/MGP or Dann roams out of position and fill yer boots.

Not all shots are equal though. I bet we give up by far the most sitters in the league too. There's no need to shoot from 35 yards when you're playing against us.

Although when people do shoot from 35yds Robbo is more often than not walking to the back of the net to get the ball back!!

Gamst ran most metres of everyone on the pitch first half

Now come on Alexanders. Play the game.... you must know that no one wants to hear good things abour MGP on here. He's our favourite scapegoat at present and everybody knows the intelligentsia on the Blackburn End and their Dads on the Riverside can't function properly without one of those all the time.

Never expected anything from this game. - city are on a different planet- hence why I missed my 1st trip to man city EVER! :(

The performance and attitude was sickening.

Formica and Petrovic both put in a shift and tried, but "surprise, surprise" the 'tactical mastermind' substituted them (as he does most weeks). Even his substitutions are predictable!

I felt sorry for Yakubu. He should've been replaced earlier to save his energy.

I've said for years OLSSON IS NOT A LEFT BACK.. :angry2: another problem position not addressed.

And as for Kean saying we shouldve had a definate penalty, - :wacko:

he makes my brain hurt! W*****

I felt sorry for Yakubu. He should've been replaced earlier to save his energy.

There is no way Kean should have played him when he was employing those tactics. He plays for Nigeria this week then we have a huge game against Villa. He should have let Modeste chase shadows for 90 minutes instead.

I'll tell you what it reminded me of, when Andorra or San Marino play away at a top international side and don't even attempt to get out their own half, unfortunately we were less organised.

I shouldn't laugh- but I couldn't help it. This is so true its unreal.

From the Guardian:

Blackburn roll over in front of the fire

The only thing as predictable in the Premier League these days as a Manchester City home win is the 'Steve Kean Out' protests that accompany each and every Blackburn game. On Saturday at the Etihad we got both. Unfortunately for Rovers' beleaguered manager the performance against City was one that did nothing but give ammunition to his detractors.

In their yellow and black kit, which made them look like a walking, talking, (sometimes) running version of the Sky Sports News breaking news ticker, Blackburn showed about as much enthusiasm as a dog who has found a nice spot in front of the fire after a long walk.

Kean may argue that, if Blackburn were to try and take on City, they would get beaten by four or five so their best option was to sit deep and somehow hope to emerge with a 0-0, but their display was so abject that there must be another way. After all they didn't do too badly at Old Trafford in December .

Sir Alex Ferguson has defended Kean from the aggressive element of criticism that has led the Blackburn manager to believe he needs a personal bodyguard, but even he must have looked at Saturday's performance and wondered why they could not roll over so easily against United.

That is not to take anything away from City, who could beat only what was in front of them, but even they looked bored by the final 20 minutes. Once again David Silva, Sergio Agüero and Mario Balotelli excelled while the cross (courtesy of Aleksander Kolarov) and header for Edin Dzeko's third was a thing of beauty.

Even the Blackburn fans might have appreciated that, provided they were not too distracted by the subject of their ire standing helpless on the touchline. EF

Archived