BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Preview 25/2/2012

colin

how you can ever mention Sam Allardyce in a negative sense now is unbelievable! Where were we in the league when Sam was sacked? Get a grip mate. I will never support Steve Kean, he no longer exists to me! I just completely ignore him.

I think this is the problem. People seem to judge every game in isolation instead of looking at the bigger picture. If we win a game, certain individuals start sprouting up giving it large, only to take cover the moment we're back to losing ways. And if we lose to a top club, it's simply expected, regardless of performance or Kean's prolonged record at the club. We aren't being managed under normal circumstances anymore. We have an incompetent, corrupt manager at the helm who continues to take the club for a ride at the fans's expense and yet people still line up excuses for him, even if they don't know it.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to think that's how Barnstoneworth United would have set their stall out at City tonight. It was like non-league damage limitation. "Let's try and get them back to our place!" Except their manager talks more sense. "You don't need shorts...!!"

Still, what can you do without any money? Or when you're paying Agents left right and centre and letting all your experienced Pro's go? Sometimes for nothing?

It must be very hard for Kean, it could drive him to drink. Or, of course, he could get someone else to do that for him. Jackie Chan maybe.

I do hope he's being paid well. This could, in the end, ruin his managerial career. As though it ever started.

He's a fraud. The owners aren't even real. Have you seen them? In fact that yellow and black strip doesn't even remind me of Blackburn Rovers. If it wasn't for the fact that I sit at Ewood Park every other week and watch a team in Blue and White halves occasionally run around, well, I could be watching anyone.

Yes, it was City, yes, they have spent 300 billion on players compared to our 57 pence, but that was pitiful. Shameful.

So what do I do about it? Well I'm off for another Stella. I'd love to think I'll be marching next week in order to take our club back. However concrete and steel don't seem to give a crap about marches and neither does the English Press. Venkys are a Pit Bull with a childs toy in it's mouth, they'll let go when they're ready and not before.

They don't give a sh1t what we do or say. Not one iota. You'd think they do something controversial in their day job wouldn't you? (it's water off a ducks back this football stuff, they kill for a living!)

Best to go for a pint methinks. It numbs the pain.

They don't give a sh1t what we do or say. Not one iota. You'd think they do something controversial in their day job wouldn't you? (it's water off a ducks back this football stuff, they kill for a living!)

That's a bit harsh, they also do some good they also make and sell Poultry Vaccines, to make unhealthy ones healthy so then they can be killed

In fact that yellow and black strip doesn't even remind me of Blackburn Rovers. If it wasn't for the fact that I sit at Ewood Park every other week and watch a team in Blue and White halves occasionally run around, well, I could be watching anyone.

I was thinking the exact same.

I have been Rovers loopy since I was first taken to Ewood at 5 years old, yet I sat there today (at home, as I just couldn't stick going to City- first time ever for me) completely passive, I wasn't nervous/excited pre match, part of me wanted to swtich over to the cricket.

Watching a bunch of clueless journeymen on the pitch, an incompetent buffoon on the sidelines and for the first time ever, I thought 'what's the point'?

What an absolute embarrassment to the name of BRFC.

Wrong team sent out by the moron, wrong formation, in fact it was all wrong from the very moment Rovers arrived in mankchester.

I cant be bothered to comment on the glorious leaders comments, he is a complete nonsense as far as I am concerned.

The worst Rovers team for many a decade.

Those are not my words, they are the words of a City fan who simply cannot believe what Rovers have become.

Steve Kean is a wise man, leaving out our only decent central midfielder and man of the match in our last game was a no brainer really.

Got the feeling Man City could have fielded a 5-a-side team and still won at times. Although our fate won't be decided on these games it would have been nice to see a little fight and sprit. Instead we got a full 90 minutes viewing of the customary Steve Kean defensive shape involving dropping every player behind the ball by at least 5 yards thus allowing your opponent amble time to have a cup of tea before passing the ball on.

So...Yakubu was played for the full ninety minutes, of a game that was lost by the 52nd minute*, four days before he could well be playing for his country in Rwanda. All this before a vital home match on the Saturday.

Great move, Steve! Anyone would think you wanted him injured/exhausted.

* - Being generous. We had really lost the game before the kick-off.

So...Yakubu was played for the full ninety minutes, of a game that was lost by the 52nd minute*, four days before he could well be playing for his country in Rwanda. All this before a vital home match on the Saturday.

Great move, Steve! Anyone would think you wanted him injured/exhausted.

* - Being generous. We had really lost the game before the kick-off.

He didn't exert too much energy over 90 minutes, so I don't really see the problem. I take it you don't want him to train before the game against Rwanda either?

That performance was embarassing and as bad as the second half at Sunderland away. If we were a non league team I could just about accept such a passive display but as a premier league team that was just woeful. Should have had a midfield packed with N'Zonzi and whatever other grafters are still left at the club, might have at least meant we won the ball occasionally.

Only consolations are that the teams around us didn't win and I had Balotelli to score first and a 3-0 so at least I can afford to drown my sorrows....

I've got to diagree with posters who said we looked like a Championship team. Championship teams would have done much better than our shameful display. We looked worse than League One standard.

We looked like a team scred shitless! It attack v def . Pub team v city .. Mind you pub team wouldn't have so gentle.

Just got back now and that was the biggest waste of time ever.

Glad I didn't have to pay for tickets or I'd have been gutted.

Where to start on the performance?

First of all we attempted to go to City and defend for 90 minutes - never going to happen.

I was up in the heavens at the Etihad so got a good view of the pitch and we played so narrow and condensed, we were leaving the flanks completely open time after time.

Kept pointing it out to Mrs Andy that our fullbacks were nowhere near their wingers and at least two of their goals came from them exploiting this.

I saw Mancini instructing his players to do this (ie what a good manager does), whereas Kean just stood there clueless and hopeless with no idea how to fix this.

Formica snubbed Kean when he came off and we looked a different side when Nzonzi came on.

Overall, terrible performance and just a complete write-off.

It would have been better to at least have a go, like we did at Old Trafford.

Hopefully Kean's last game, now that Venkys have some pennies from the Samba sale.

Kean: "We couldn't keep the ball"- http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2623952,00.html , hahaha you couldnt make this stuff up, at what point did we ever have the ball or look like winning the ball, especially with the only player in the entire rovers squad capable of retaining possesion on the bench for most of the game, what a pilchard.

aperently Nzonzi had tonsillitis tonsillFRIGINitis(or a sore throat to you and me), what a load of nancy baulderdash, proves how soft with the players kean is and why he is never a manager, Can you imagine telling Graham Souness or the like you cant play in this extremly important game because i have a sore throat!!!!!!!

Hopefully Kean's last game, now that Venkys have some pennies from the Samba sale.

your're a wishfull thinker like me also.

Archived