BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Preview 25/2/2012

colin

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Near to 40 MILLION I do believe :o .....where the ###### has it all gone?

Fit and proper tests my arse, Dundee have'nt seen any money, Dann is on the never never and the rest well I guess we will never know but one thing is for sure we have sold prem players and bought guff.

One more thing can somebody, anybody explain what Vuckevic has done not to warrant a game, how on Gods good earth does M Olsson get a game in front of SV I just dont understand it, and also if I ever have to witness another stupid flick from Rochina I am going to run on the pitch and ###### in his socks.

One player has improved our squad in all of the signings and that is the Yak, truth be known it was Zahavi that recommended him anyway.

That match was a highlight of what the Premiership is about to become where teams with money and power dominate weaker teams and in my eyes they can stick the Prem up is own arse, give me a league were teams can benefit from hardworking teams a good motivational manager anyday, that match took 90 minutes of my life away away that I will never get back and i'm just glad it did'nt take any of my money.

You can some up today in a variety of words but I choose predictable and boring and long will it continue.

Wow - typical knee jerk reactions.

All the people that predicted we would get beat 5,6 or 7 nil - are now complaining that we got beat 3-0.

I will admit that we were well out played - by a City team that rarely had to get out of second gear. But to be honest - did anyone expect any difference ?

They have millions to spend - our top january signing was a cast off from QPR - and yet people seem to think that we should "have a go at them".

For most teams - matches against the top teams these days are a write off - with any points gained a bonus. Unfortunately it is all about damage limitation - and keeping the goal difference as good as possible. Do I like it - hell no - but it is the reality of the current premiership.

You have a point in a way. It was City and their billionaires. But my word, we were gutless. As I said earlier, Barnstoneworth would have shown more ambition.

" Still, we'll all take the positives, work on what went wrong, we've one or two coming back, we miss Chris and Bryan and I'm I hope that people can see what we're trying to do here. I think people saw the future today and it's exciting. I've spoken to the owners, I flew over there and picked up 20,000 cigarettes, if you're interested in buying some and some jewellery, and they're right behind me and whatshisname, my new assistant.

Anyway, we can build on this and maybe get into a position where we can sell some more players in the summer. Mrs Faceless and Her two gormless brothers have told me their plans for the summer. While they didn't mention Blackburn or the fans I'm really excited anyway for them because at this rate I can maybe pick up another job somewhere when this all goes wrong. And get paid off! I mean its not my fault anyway according to Miles, its those nasty fans.

Wow. Just wow, who'd have thought it! I must write my biography one day, I'll call it "I, Kean" like that Alan Partridge one I'm reading. He's an inspiration that guy. After that I must move on to one written by a fella called Dalglish, Paul tells me he kept me out of the Celtic team you know, I was 5 at the time and........"

Knee jerk?

We've been watching this rubbish for over a year and it's getting worse

if I ever have to witness another stupid flick from Rochina I am going to run on the pitch and ###### in his socks.

:D

He's incredibly immature, needs a spell in the reserves.

Indians go about things differently. To them, saving face is all-important. If necessary, they will lie and lie again in order to maintain respect.

I belive what you say is true but I don't understand how people can think that lieing-on-lies preserves their integrity! I would rather deal with a leper than a venky liar. Evil people. They are the true untouchables.

Nice one Bob,

Despite me living about 3 miles away from The City Ground I had no intention of wasting £30 on watching the current shower of excretion.

I went to B & Q and bought some picture hooks and then went to see "The Grey" at the cinema. My Season ticket continues to gather dust.

Gutless, spineless, heartless, classless, prideless. A downright crying shame, what an embarressment. Petrovic again? WTF. HE is uselss. We owe it to the fans to at least go down swinging, Kean had no intention of having his team involved in a game of football today. I hate the prick I really do.

I agree we were rubbish but we were playing against the best team in the country who put out their strongest 11. Unfortunately the top flight of english football is more financially imbalanced than it has ever been in the game's history. And the end result is games like this where pre-match all the talk was about trying to avoid losing by more than 5 goals, barely 500 Rovers fans bothered to brave our inevitable destruction, and the stats were embarassing.

That game is symptomatic of a wider problem of the have-nots increasing inability to compete with the haves. I dismiss away games against the top 6 out of hand these days. Unless the opposition self-destructs, the only outcome will be a grim, torrid effort to defend a point for an hour and a half. Resulting in your keeper having a blinder or total capitulation. Its boring, pointless and in my opinion should be ignored. Lets see how we do in a proper game next week.

A superb summation as ever PB.

There's nothing much left. I look back on a quote made on here by someone last year. One of the Rovers staff apparently mentioned to someone or other that Kean was on a bonus for taking us down. Ridiculous i know. But what would a burnley fan have done differently?

It's been that bad over the last 14 months that it just can't be an accident. They don't even bother trying to explain themselves anymore. Don't even feel the need. Despicable.

Well said, Bob.

It's just bizarre. Everything.

All the people that predicted we would get beat 5,6 or 7 nil - are now complaining that we got beat 3-0.

I will admit that we were well out played - by a City team that rarely had to get out of second gear. But to be honest - did anyone expect any difference ?

They have millions to spend - our top january signing was a cast off from QPR - and yet people seem to think that we should "have a go at them".

For most teams - matches against the top teams these days are a write off - with any points gained a bonus. Unfortunately it is all about damage limitation - and keeping the goal difference as good as possible. Do I like it - hell no - but it is the reality of the current premiership.

The fact it ended at just 3-0 was down to a few good saves by Robbo and City not being that bothered. They were happy with the certain 3 points and +3 to their GD and treated it like a training session. It had nothing to do with Rovers being good at ''damage limitation'. It was as bad a performance by Rovers by any PL team that I have ever seen and I watched the whole match live on TV. Absolute crap.

2nd goal in particular was 99% robinsons fault, ive said in the past when it comes to goalkeeping basics like catching a ball and holding on to it hes bizarely incapable, he only likes the show boaty type saves.

This time I agree except that schoolboy howler was 100% down to Robbo

Fit and proper tests my arse, Dundee have'nt seen any money, Dann is on the never never and the rest well I guess we will never know but one thing is for sure we have sold prem players and bought guff.

One more thing can somebody, anybody explain what Vuckevic has done not to warrant a game, how on Gods good earth does M Olsson get a game in front of SV I just dont understand it, and also if I ever have to witness another stupid flick from Rochina I am going to run on the pitch and ###### in his socks.

One player has improved our squad in all of the signings and that is the Yak, truth be known it was Zahavi that recommended him anyway.

That match was a highlight of what the Premiership is about to become where teams with money and power dominate weaker teams and in my eyes they can stick the Prem up is own arse, give me a league were teams can benefit from hardworking teams a good motivational manager anyday, that match took 90 minutes of my life away away that I will never get back and i'm just glad it did'nt take any of my money.

You can some up today in a variety of words but I choose predictable and boring and long will it continue.

Bang on....

Felt fairly numb watching the game yesterday, someone remarked to me that I am not passionate about it anymore.

All I care to see is Agnew, Rao Family and Kean get the (Please don't use that word again) out of our club - regardless of results, we are rotten to the core and, for me, it simply not the same anymore.

B-a-s-t-a-r-d-s.

Wow ... I'm actually lost for words! I thought it would be more but even if 1-o it's a loss!!

Anyone happy at losing 3-0 is a loser

'Knee-jerk recation' after 15 months of utter crap.

Always trust DMTP :lol:

I was out last night so didn't see the game. I read the comments on here when I got home and have just watched the, er, "high"[?] lights on the repeat of MotD.

I don't ever remember feeling so numb.

The only crumb of comfort was that I hoped Kean meant it when he said "we move on" in his post-match interview. "Go on, Steve, my son", I thought. "Please move on: Weybridge; Dagistan; anywhere."

Then I remembered how much of a stranger to the truth Steve is. He didn't mean it like that, did he? :rolleyes:

I didn't expect anything different, but I was hoping for some fight, some desire, organisation, a bit of ambition.

These things don't cost any money, and are a bare minimum of what I expect from a Rovers side.

Unfortunately, we got reamed in everything but the scoreline, and the whole thing was an abject embarrassment from start to finish. We have no-one who takes control, no-one who is willing to give it all. Just a team of rubber dinghy-men.

If it was last game of the season, Chelsea away and we needed a point to stay up, would you have been happy with that? Would you have said "oh well, we were never going to win anyway"? Of course bloody not.

I was hoping (but not really expecting) a touch of the Dunkirk spirit, a bit of bottle. Instead, we got a load of the maginot line spirit.

To use another Kiddism, we're a club without a heartbeat.

I belive what you say is true but I don't understand how people can think that lieing-on-lies preserves their integrity! I would rather deal with a leper than a venky liar. Evil people. They are the true untouchables.

We the fans and supporters of BRFC are so low in the eyes of the Venkys/Roas/Deasais that we do not register on their radar. We are the untouchables. They follow the creed of ''Why tell the truth when a lie will do'' and have able lackeys in Kean, the supposed Board and Management structure now at BRFC and and a certain barrow -boy. This lot are ASS ET strippers FULL STOP.

On a different note - I watched the rugby and the cricket instead. At least there both sides turned uup and tried. the odd flashes of our match I saw when my husband insisted on turning to Rovers showed about 20 city players (Ido know there were only 11 really) and about 5 of us one of whom dropped what looked like an easy catch to allow the opposition a goal.

Archived