BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] India Media Company Wants Your Opinions

Kamy100

1) Were you happy when Venky's from India took over the club? Or did you dread that something might go wrong?

i Was not Happy when Venkys took over - not from a viewpoint of themselves being bad , but i just was fearful overall of what would or could happen if foreign owners took over and totally mismanaged the club. As is the case, my fears are well and truly vindicated.

2) With the current on-off results that you have had, do you think that maybe keeping Steve Kean in charge will finally work? Or is the clamour to sack him still unanimous among fans?

No Steve Kean has to go. He has had over a year now to impress himself on the team and the fans. He has not won over the fans - if anything tried to turn fan upon fan. His tactics at times are schoolboy-ish. Defensively we have turned into a shambles. The off-field rapport with players and contracts just are unbelievable at times. He has gone far beyond any point of return.

3) What is the greatest mistake the owners have made since the take-over?

Keeping Steve Kean in charge. There could be many mistakes that could be thrown back at the owners - they have made that many over the short-term that they have owned the club. Yet they had an olive branch given to them, which if they had taken could well have changed the relationship between the fans and the owners. If they had taken that olive branch and sacked Steve Kean instead of backing him to the hilt, then things could have been different.

4) How do you feel about them staying India and not attending matches? Would it make any difference if they attended matches regularly?

Its now got the point where i dont care if they come to games or not. They have shown that they have no interest in the club what-so-ever, shown the fans no respect at all.

5) Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore.

Chris Samba will leave. Keeping hold of him could possibly be seen as a big mistake. I am certain he wont play again for the team. So they are now keeping hold of a disruptive element, at a time when they need all the players pulling together. Couple this with the almost certain loss of fee`s on him when he is sold in the summer, and i think it was a bad move.

6) How is the general feeling about the club now? Will you forgive the owner/manager (management as a whole) if you manage to avoid relegation?

The feeling at the club is as bad as i have ever felt in the 30-odd years of being a season ticket holder. Whatever good vibes the club had gained, have been systematically ripped out of the club in 12 short months. There is no heart and soul - the fans have become abject and apathy rules the roost. I cannot see anything now that the clubs owners and management will do, in my eyes, to turn the situation around.

If we do survive relegation, i know the manager and owners will see this as a massive coup, and blow their own trumpets to all that would listen, and the southern media would lap it up. but those who know the truth, will know that it is only a temporary stay of execution, and that next year would be more of the same under these owners.

7) Name one change you would like to see in the club which you think can alter its fortunes?

New owners - simple as

Somebody who would come in and realize who the real lifeblood of the team and club is - and respect the fans, and the history of the club for what it is.

cheers

tony

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Were you happy when Venky's from India took over the club? Or did you dread that something might go wrong?

I was quietly optimistic that the Club would be taken forward with new owners and new investment

2) With the current on-off results that you have had, do you think that maybe keeping Steve Kean in charge will finally work? Or is the clamour to sack him still unanimous among fans?

I feel that Kean has had plenty of opportunity to prove himself, and failed. The record during his reign speaks for itself. Yes, I think it is a virtually unanimous sentiment that he should have been sacked long ago.

Two-fold: Undermining the old Board of Directors' and the Football Managers authority and ultimately removing or forcing out these people, who were responsible for making Rovers one of the most respected and best run Clubs in the Premiership, and two - refusing to take responsibility for their mismanagement of the Club financially by injecting their own money to correct those errors, and instead making the Club pay for them through total dismantling of the senior squad of players, and senior management.

4) How do you feel about them staying India and not attending matches? Would it make any difference if they attended matches regularly?

I believe the absenteeism of ownership does not sit well with supporters, and further reinforces the disconnectedness that the supporters feel to the owners, and increasingly, the Club itself. The communication levels between ownership and supporters is nonexistent and a major cause of the animosity felt by supporters, sponsors, and community figures towards the owners.

5) Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore.

I believe the handling of the Samba situation is an absolute disgrace, from both the ownership, and the player. This is also not the first such situation the owners have found themselves in with a senior member of the playing squad. Keeping hold of Samba in this fashion is only detrimental to all parties, but especially the Club and its reputation going forward, as well as that of the player and the owners. The longer-term effects of such repeated issues cannot be under estimated, as it weakens the Club's position as a whole in the marketplace on an ongoing basis.

6) How is the general feeling about the club now? Will you forgive the owner/manager (management as a whole) if you manage to avoid relegation?

I believe the general feeling is that it is almost totally unfathomable how the Club's fortunes on and off the pitch have deteriorated in only the space of 15 months, in almost every single category, on both tangible and intangible levels. Revenues in all categories are down. Costs in total are up. League position and League status is precarious at best, and disastrous at worst. The corporate management infrastructure has been severely weakened, and the football managing structure is novice at best - in fact there no longer seems to be a separation of corporate and football management structures, a clearly ridiculous situation. Attendance is dwindling. Engagement with the surrounding community has dropped off.

I believe the general feeling is that if relegation is avoided this year, it is only a stay of execution - if things continue to trend as they are organizationally and financially, relegation and worse is an almost certainty in the short term future.

7) Name one change you would like to see in the club which you think can alter its fortunes?

There are only two things that can alter the Club's fortunes:

1) A total change in attitude by the current ownership. This means a reinstating of a proper Board of Directors, Chief Executive, and Football Manager and his staff, who have well documented Premier League/English Football experience who would be given the independence and authority to manage the Club towards the footballing and financial goals set forth by the owners for the Club.

2) A change in ownership that would be willing to effect the changes stated above in 1).

I was surprised when Venkys took over but was happy to give them time, and their first interviews were encouraging, but before very long they showed that they were clearly out of their depth.

Kean is not the problem. We would be better off if he was more honest, but that's not all his fault.

Not selling when they had an offer on the table. Their stubbornness has inflicted long term damage on our once proud club

Makes no difference, they have nothing to offer.

Did well? Are you kidding? He may as well have gone on a free transfer for the use he is training on his own. The player, manager and owners should be ashamed at how they handles this saga.

We held on to our Premiership status by the skin of our teeth last season and have learned NOTHING from that experience. Whay should they be forgiven for making the same mistakes that were made last year. It's a travesty that we are in this position again, a disgrace in fact.

A change of ownership.

India based TV channel is doing a report on Venkys ownership of Rovers. They have asked if fans could respond to the questions below, I will leave this thread open until tomorrow 9.30pm. Please quote the question(s) in your answers:

Initialy yes, it seemed like we would be able to build on what we had.

As soon as a proven manager is available and willing to take over then Kean should be removed from that post.

Removing Sam, and putting JW and TF in a position where they felt they had to resign.

I understand that they are extremely busy and I wasn't bothered that they didn't attend that often. I would not expect them to attend in the forseeable future due to the atmosphere towards them at the ground.

There wasn't a bid that matched the owners or supporters valuation as far as I'm aware. Samba must not be allowed to sulk his way out of the club, and should be talked/forced into playing until a suitable bid is placed.

The general feeling is of great uncertainty, rumours are creating a high level of anxiety amongst the fans. The fear of relegation and what might follow are causing enormous splits in the fan base.

If we avoid relegation, the owners open dialogue with the supporters, the owners offer JW and TF their old jobs with the correct power that go with those positions, they replace the manager with a proven one and hand him a reasonable transfer budget, then anything is possible.

If the current owners are unwilling to change their current ownership style, then they should seek to sell the club to a buyer who would repair the damage they have done.

A - quite happy, they made all the right noises and I was hoping they would follow through on their promises.

A - while I am starting to feel a little sympathetic towards Kean he is still way out of his depth and should be replaced immediately. I feel sympathy for him as I think he has been duped like the rest of us, but he is still a very poor manager and appears to have been complicit in Rovers downfall.

A - Sacking Sam Allardyce without consulting with the board

A - I feel let down by their non attendance at Ewood, but that is what I have come to expect from the Rao family. Would it make any difference if they did attend? We will never know will we!

5) Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore?

A - The jury is out on that one. A fully committed Samba is a great asset, but we will only have done well if he plays for us again. Very very disappointed to see Ryan Nelsen leave the club

A - Kean can never be forgiven. He has no scruples and is out of his depth.

On the basis of 'better the devil you know' I could forgive the Raos but they would have make massive changes to their conduct, become more open and honour the promises they initially made

A - appoint a respected CEO and board of directors

India based TV channel is doing a report on Venky’s ownership of Rovers. They have asked if fans could respond to the questions below, I will leave this thread open until tomorrow 9.30pm. Please quote the question(s) in your answers:

I was one of those interviewed on tv, and gave my view as being 'cautiously optimistic'. The signs at the time were of an ambitious and creative new approach to the running and development of the club and, whilst some of the noises that were made at the time were best forgotten (e.g. Beckham, Ronaldinho etc), it seemed promising that the new owners were willing to think creatively.

Unfortunately, Steve Kean has consistently demonstrated his inability to deliver at the level required of a top flight club. Clueless is the best I could muster, given some of his clearly idiotic decisions and statements. Whilst the clamour is less than it was, that is because fans have lost any hope of real or meaningful change taking place.

Not ripping the hands of the potential bidders from Quatar!

It is best that they stay away, but it would be helpful if they would at least communicate with the fans in some way. The deafening silence from Pune is both perplexing and insulting to the long standing bona fide fans of this proud and historic club, and we deserve better.

Samba is a decent player with ambition. Sadly he is also part of a system that far over-rewards people and makes them forget the underlying values associated with the real purpose of a football club. He can go, as far as I'm concerned.

Despondency and utter disdain for the owners and manager alike. You are a disgrace to football.

Sell the club to people who a) care about football, b ) have the resources to take the club forward and c) who value the historic brand that is Blackburn Rovers more than having it as an interesting little toy to play with alongside their more serious business interests in an unrelated and irrelevant field.

1. Were you happy when Venky's from India took over the club? Or you dread something might go wrong?

Cautiously optimistic at first, we needed new blood and more investment. Thought from their early murmurings they would/could deliver. Following the sacking of Sam, I thought this was the start of the good times. How wrong....the appointment of Kean left me empty, and confused and dismayed - all emotions that have stayed with me to date.

2. With the current on-off results....do you think keeping Kean in charge will finally work? Or is the clamour to sack him still unanimous among fans?

No, he will inevitably take us down....I cannot speak for anyone else, but he should have gone last summer, how he has remained is a miracle.

3. What is the greatest mistake the owners have made since the take over?

Where do you start? False promises, the sacking of Big Sam, the dismantling of a respected local passionate board, appointing an inexperienced manager, lack of investment in the team/infrastructure, treating good professionals like dirt...the list goes on. The bottom line is they have shown they cannot run a football club.

4. How do you feel about them staying in India and not attending matches? Would it make any difference if they attended matches regularly?

Their collected absence is an insult to the club, the supporters and the town. The sad fact is they have shown little or no interest once they discovered they couldn't make money out of the club as promised. They could only come back if they started to meet their promises, something I gave up on long ago.

5. Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore?

It was right not to sell for the sake of it, especially when he is under contract. However both the club and player will suffer as a result - he's no good to us if he doesn't play. The only plus side is he isn't helping someone else stave off relegation.

6. How is the general feeling about the club now? Will you forgive the owners/management if you manage to avoid relegation?

Again I can only speak for myself. I love the club, dispise the owners for putting us in this position when it was so easily avoided. This will be a blueprint for years to come of how to ruin a football club in record time. No, for all the reasons above!

7. Name one change you would like to see in the club which would alter its fortunes?

It would take such an about change in attitude by Venky's to put right what they have un-done this last 15-months, I cannot believe they have it from within. They quite obviously have no affinity with the club, and have quickly got bored. For that reason, please leave as quickly as possible [and take Steve with you].

I was happy when Venkys took over. The Trust (the prior owners) and Rothschilds had allegedly vetted them and approved Venkys' business plan. And the business plan made a lot of sense. Venkys promised to invest 5 million a year (which would more than cover existing deficits), promised to keep the previous board in place (who were put there by Jack Walker, a former owner who had a passion for the Rovers and a good eye for business talent) and promised to keep Sam Allardyce (a competent, experienced and successful Premier League manager by any rational definition). Venkys would benefit by its investment by using Rovers as an advertisement vehicle and expanding the market (and thus the potential profit) in India.

It was a brilliant plan and one that motivated the fan base, including me. Too bad Venkys departed from the plan (and broke its promises to the fans) within weeks of taking over.

In my opinion, Kean will not succeed as a Premier League manager for two reasons. First, he's not good enough. It takes a consistent win percentage north of 33% to survive (and much higher to win trophies). Kean has managed 53 games and has a win percentage of 26%. He's had more than enough time to prove himself (three transfer windows to develop "his" squad) and he's failed. The Rovers have always been flirting with relegation under his tenure.

Second, he has no credibility. He's not a serious voice. He is either completing lacking a conscience or deluded.

Departing from the business plan described above. The first rolling rock which caused the avalanche was sacking Sam Allardyce. And appointing Kean, a coach with no management experience, in his place raised serious questions as to Venkys' judgment.

As a practical matter, it doesn't matter.

Venkys were correct not to give in to Samba. His behavior is disgraceful. Also if they had caved they would have earned a reputation as easy marks.

On the other hand, it is a mark of Venkys' mismanagement that they allowed matters to get to that point. Venkys have not established any sort of reputation for reliability or truthfulness. It is easy to believe they (or their manager, Kean) made promises to Samba which they broke.

Currently, I alternate between despair, resignation and anger toward Venkys. Whether the club avoid relegation or not, Venkys are failures as owners and otherwise untrustworthy. They have burned every bridge which existed between the fans and the club.

Sack Kean. Appoint a manager who is experienced and has a history of success. Get out of the new managers way.

- No, I had an underlying sense of foreboding that things would go wrong. Why were Indian poultry farmers getting involved with the club? Very strange acquisition.

- It will never work. You can tell that from his team selections, substitutions and tactics. He started off abysmally and has barely got any better since.

- Gutting the existing and very capable command structure, and trying to run the club their way.

- Probably safest place for them given the appalling mess they've made of things. Relations between them and the fans are terminal.

Once a player strikes in order to get a transfer out, there is only one thing that is going to happen. I think the longer it goes on the less money we will get for him, particularly with relegation likely.

- seems to be a toxic combination of hatred for the owners, their advisers and Steve Kean, they are very much seen as one of a piece when it comes to the villains in this tragedy. I can't see me forgiving these people for what they've done, particularly since worse could be yet to come, with back-to-back relegations a distinct possibility.

venky's sell up to someone with teh right motivations and resources to run this club prudently and sustaunably, preferably in teh premiership.

I was cautiously optimistic. The status quo under the previous regime was ultimately leading to no investment and any break from that was seen as progress.

The overwhelming opinion of the Blackburn Rovers fanbase, one which I share, is that Steve Kean has had ample time as manager to be judged fairly on his results and that results have been considerably short of what is required of a club with our stature and playing staff. Sacking Kean would be an extremely popular course of action, although the timing may be an issue of importance considering the limited amount of games before the end of the season. In the long term, however, there remains little to no faith in Steve Kean becoming a successful manager for Blackburn Rovers.

Distancing themselves from the previous administration, the most obvious example being the removal of previous manager Sam Allardyce. However, the inability to work with John Williams and Tom Finn, and the subsequent failure to replace them after their resignations, have contributed to the instability which has characterised the club since Venky’s have been in charge. Stability was crucial in the relative success of the previous administration and the lack of stability has been instrumental in the failure of the club to match expectations recently.

That the owners do not attend games is not ideal, but I personally do not think it makes much of a difference. Personally, I believe the failings of the current administration come as a result of the decisions that they have made concerning the running of the club, and that regular attendance to games would have a minimal impact on addressing these failings.

The only fair time to assess the correctness of the decision will be at the end of the season in relation to our aim of avoiding relegation. However, I was happy with the stance that the club adopted at the time, and I am still of that opinion.

The feeling about the club is one of abject pessimism. The supporters have been struggling for the majority of the season to try and encourage and support the players on the pitch whilst simultaneously attempting to express discontent to the management team and owners concerning our severe underperformance. Avoiding relegation will be insufficient for the supporters to ‘forgive’ the owners and management; we have come to the conclusion that Steve Kean is not up the required standard for the role of Manager and the reason for his continuing in his role is entirely down to the support of the owners. However, avoiding relegation does provide at least an opportunity for the owners to rehabilitate their relationship with the supporters. Changing the manager to one more appropriate, and a sustained, realistic but positive approach to club investment and squad development will lead to some, if not all supporters giving Venky’s another opportunity. In short, avoiding relegation provides a chance for redemption for the owners provided they alter their approach to how they run the club. However, avoiding relegation will not provide such an opportunity for Steve Kean.

Finding an adequate replacement for Steve Kean. The ability and will of Venky’s to invest in Blackburn Rovers is unknown to the supporters and general public, so it is unfair to demand a specific level of investment in the squad. However, the success of Sam Allardyce prior to the takeover by Venky’s is evidence of the success that can be achieved with adequate personnel, even with relatively modest investment.

India based TV channel is doing a report on Venky’s ownership of Rovers. They have asked if fans could respond to the questions below, I will leave this thread open until tomorrow 9.30pm. Please quote the question(s) in your answers:

1/ I DID NOT KNOW WHO VENKYS WERE UNTIL THEY TOOK OVER THE CLUB. IN THE TAKEOVER DOCUMENT PROMISES WERE MADE. I THOUGHT THEY WERE ASSURANCES GIVEN TO SHAREHOLDS AND FANS. SO WAS HAPPY TO SEE WHAT VENKYS WOULD DO. I THOUGHT MONEY WOULD BE COMING INTO THE CLUB FOR DECENT PLAYERS. NO ANNUAL FIGHT AGAINST RELEGATION. SADLY THESE WERE NOT ASSURANCES WERE BROKEN WITHIN MONTHS. THEREFORE TRUST WAS BROKEN BY VENKYS - NOT BY FANS

2/ IF KEAN WANTS TO BE A MANAGER, HE NEEDS TO START IN THE LOWER DIVISIONS. HE IS NOT READY FOR THE PREMIERSHIP. HE HAS SHOWN THAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. KEAN WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED AS MANAGER OF ROVERS.

3/ THE GREATEST MISTAKE VENKYS MADE WAS ALLOWING A FOOTBALL AGENT TO ADVISE THEM, TO DICTATE TO THEM, TO RUN THE CLUB FOR THEM, TO CHOSE PLAYERS TO SIGN IN THE TRANSFER WINDOW.

THAT MISTAKE LED TO EVERYTHING ELSE - IN MY OPINION - THE SACK AND THE APPOINTING OF THE MANAGER, THE INCREASE IN DEBT TO PAY FOR THE AGENTS WORK.

LETTING IN A FOOTBALL AGENT TO CONTROL THE CLUB IS LIKE PUTTING IN A FOX IN THE CHICKEN SHED TO LOOK AFTER THE CHICKENS.

4/ STAYING IN INDIA MEANS THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE ANGER OF SUPPORTERS. THEY ARE NOT SEEING THINGS THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE TO DEPEND ON OTHERS. BUT THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NOT FOOTBALL PEOPLE, MEANS IT MATTERS NOT WHERE THEY LIVE - MATTERS NOT IF THEY WATCH THE MATCH OR NOT, AS THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL, THE BUSINESS OR THE PASSION OF ITS FOLLOWERS.

5/ VENKYS PROVOKED THE SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE BY MAKING PROMISES TO EVERYBODY AND NOT LIVING UP TO THEM. THEY LIED TO THE WALKER TRUST, THE SHAREHOLDERS, THE FANS AND THE PLAYERS. EVEN THOUGH SAMBA WANTED TO LEAVE BEFORE VENKYS CAME ALONG. HE WOULD BE MORE INTERSTED IN STAY IF THE CLUB AND ITS OWNERS HAD SIMULAR AMBITIONS. OWNERS CLAIMED TO HAVE THESE AMBITIONS, WHEN THEY CLEARLY DO NOT. IF FANS ARE DISALLUSIONED, NOT SURPRISING CLUB OFFICIALS AND PLAYERS ARE ALSO. THIS IS ALL DOWN TO VENKYS. THEY HAVE BECOME AN EMBARRASSMENT TO FOOTBALL, AS WELL AS THEIR OWN COUNTRY BY THE LIES THEY HAVE SAID TO PEOPLE, SINCE THEY BECAME INVOLVED IN ROVERS

6/ ONLY IF THEY SELL THE CLUB TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN THE FOOTBALL BUSINESS. VENKYS DO NOT NEED TO ADMIT FAILURE. JUST SEL THE CLUB TO PEOPLE WHO WILL TAKE THE CLUB FORWARD. BUT IF THEY DO NOT DO THAT, THEN NO.

7/ IF VENKYS ARE NOT GOING TO SELL THE CLUB. THEY MUST BRING IN PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE FOOTBALL BUSINESS. PEOPLE SUCH AS IAN BATTERSBY AND IAN CURRIE TO HELP THEM RUN THE CLUB. THESE ARE BUSINESSMEN WHO ARE ALSO ROVERS SUPPORTERS. THESE WOULD WANT THE CLUB TO BE SUCCESSFUL. IF THE CLUB IS SUCCESSFUL, THEN SO WOULD THE OWNERS BE. NOT AGENTS WHO WILL JUST LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES.

When the new owners took over I saw the positives. We were a well run club, that had little no to investment, and was still achieving top 10 finishes on a regular basis. To me a club like Blackburn finishing that high was a great achievement. I thought if we kept the same structure in place, but added investment that the previous owners could not supply us with, then we could aim for that top 10 every season. I have no doubt that this would have made the vast majority of our fans incredibly happy.

Kean has proved to any avid football fan on countless occasions that this job is too much for him. Wins at Old Trafford and strong performances against the likes of Liverpool are great. However, the premier league is 38 games long, and throughout that period you need to pick up more than a point-a-game to stay in the league historically. Steve Keans record is far below this, and had he been in charge the whole of last season we would have been relegated.

Before Mr Kean came along, we had a respected manager, who had lead the club from a relegation battle before he took over, to a top 10 season in his final complete season. He managed to do this with next to zero investment in the squad. When the old manager left we were in a strong position to challenge for the top 10, and possibly even higher.

Steve Kean took over, and our season (with exactly the same squad) went down hill, and we narrowly avoided relegation, the only thing that saved us was the start to the season we had when Sam Allardyce was in charge.

To pick out one single mistake that the owners have made is near impossible. Their time in charge has been a series of increasingly stupid mistakes. Our established board (one of, if not the, most respects boards in the premier league) was dismantled. These were industry experts, who could have given guidance to the new owners.

The removal of Sam Allardyce and replacing him with an unproven, unknown manager can only be described as a disgrace. A clear lack of knowledge on the owners part, and an insult to the everyone associated with Blackburn Rovers.

The constant lies that come from the people inside Blackburn Rovers has led to a fan base that has been totally disenfranchised. With a large drop in gates at the games, and a bigger one to follow next season, when current season ticket holders decide against renewing there tickets.

Attending matches is not the problem here, whether they attend or not is neither here nor there. Its the hiding away in India. The fans are loyal to the club, they deserve answers, and so far none are forthcoming. The owners should be bending over backwards to the fans at the this moment in times, because they are in serious danger of losing a generation of fans.

Fans need answers, we need to know what the vision for the club is, why Kean is still in charge and many many more questions.

If the Owners were to make a success of the club from this point, it would take an incredible effort to please the fans, as after all, if there is no fans, there is no club.

What is the point in having a car with no petrol. It might look good that we have kept hold of samba (and lets not for get, a player brought in by the previous board for a very cheap price, who were disposed of the moment the new owners came in) but if he isn't going to play, then it is a seriously stupid move. we need a squad who are all pulling in the same direction, and to have one player making a fuss and upsetting the rest is not good for the rest of the squad.

Absolutely not. Last season we just avoided relegation, after a venky's lead decision to fire the old manager and replace with Steve Kean. the general feeling amongst our fans was that we should give them a second chance. (by that i mean the owners and the manager). As time went on we were fed lie after lie. not often in life do you get a third chance, and i see no reason to give the owners or the manager this, because so far they haven't shown one single positive.

Not one area of the club is in a better state at this moment in time than pre-venky's.

One change is not enough. A long list of things has to be done before we get back to where we were pre-venky's. An experienced board needs to be put in place, and have FULL control over all footballing matters, the first of these matters should be the removal of the current manager, and the search for a replacement.

Secondly, Venky's need to be open with the fans. What is there vision for the club, how will we achieve this. If not, they must sell the club to someone who can answer these questions and be open with the club.

My overall feelings however, are that Venky's cannot possibly make Blackburn Rovers a success. They are so far removed from the club that they do not understand the needs of it. The best thing for all parties involved is for the club to be sold to new owners.

kamy100

I would consider myself rather sceptical, when it came to new owners, but i was willing to give them a chance. At first, i thought the idea of venky gaining worldwide publicity, entering new markets and raising their profits and in return perhaps lose 5-10 mill a year on football, seemed like a match made in heaven. I imagined john williams still being very pragmatic and staying within - or somewhat close to - the same budgets as under the trust. Although with a bit more money, if the right players should be available and as a result improve as a club.

with the way venky have run the club, you have to acknowledge the extreme difficult circumstances that keans has to work under. It must be a living hell, trying to keep the players in line and motivated. Even with this in mind, i just cant stand our manager, he certainly hasnt done himself any favours, what so ever. Personally i dont see him as astute enough regarding tactics and transfers - if he has anything to say regarding transfers. I still vote sack, the on and of results as you put, i see them as "a broken clock, is right 2 a day" kind of thing. You cant just say ahhh look, they´ve now gained a few poitns and all is sweet and dandy, you´ve got to look at his managerial record as a whole and when doing so, the one and only conclusion is, that he has a rally poor record.

sacking john williams, eventhough they´ve made plenty of mistakes, none comes close to getting rid of Mr williams. The reasons are really self explanatory, but as this might be for a paper ill expand it a bit. When john williams left, the club lost a person with an extreme amount of know-how in running a football club on a small budget. Not only that, but they lost an excellent communicator, who often opened his office doors to chat with fans regarding their concerns. He knew the importance of keeping his customers happy and respecting them as well. something the venky mnob could learn a great deal from.

I couldnt care less where venky´s watch their football and the fact that this question is being asked, just shows the amount of dissatisfaction with them as owners. What would change something, would be for them to show up and explain themselves, give the fans some insight, as to how things are going. Being left out in the cold and not knowing whats going on, leads to alot of speculation, speculation that could have been prevented, had venky´s been able to communicate better.

with the amount of players leaving, losing samba aswell would be a disaster. I´ve never seen samba play with less then stellar attitude and determination, he comes of as an individual who hates losing and having those around in our current situation surely helps.

Forgive.? you´ve got to be kidding me. We were promised top 10, champions league, european league and what not, so scraping by and surviving gets them no forgiveness. I could list numerous mistakes they´ve made, but listing them would be to much work, but correcting some of those mistakes and keeping their promises wouldnt hurt. One thing i´ll quickly add is, if you want forgiveness and this goes for every area of life, you cant get it without coming clean and explaining yourself, an area where venky also have failed.

If i could pick and chose, it would be getting john williams back as chairman. With him we would get what we as a club need the most and thats COMMON SENSE.

A) Slightly optimistic - for about a week. Worried about their lack of knowledge from day one. Used to think anything would be better than the Walker Trust but worried the change of ownership would mean that there would be wholesale changes - proven right and not in a good way either.

A) Kean is a symptom not the disease, but he should have gone long ago - has proven to be deceitful and appears to lack the nous to manage a team - he should be replaced.

A) Apart from not changing their minds in buying the club, selling to Quatar - if that was ever an option. If not, diminishing John Williams role so much that he left.

A) No, I think they should stay in India, they never engaged with the club, fans or locality and it's probably too late to try now. Sell the club and stay in India.

A) Is Samba still at the club then? I thought he just appeared at the training ground to prat about when the cameras were there? See answer to 2)

A) In the past couple of weeks I have become detached from football, it's so utterly depressing following the club in the state that it's in, hoping for something positive to happen, I will NEVER forgive the owners/manager, I bear them no ill will, but neither should be within 1000 miles of the Rovers.

A) Change of ownership required with all that entails, nothing else will do now.

And now back to lurking mode....

I was slightly nervous to be honest, I was never convinced they had that much money nor the footballing knowledge to efficiently work around this. The claims of interest in the likes of Ronaldinho, and also the ridiculous expectations they laid out tended to make me more suspicious of their ability to run the club smoothly rather than making me excited.

No, he still cannot organize a more than competent set of players to compete in an organized manner, and his overall record shows how inept he really is/ He will also never win the fans back, albeit the owners need to take a large portion of the blame for that.

Firing a manager and also easing out the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn at a time when we needed their experience more than ever.

For me it shows cowardice and a complete lack of interest and respect that they cannot be bothered to watch "their baby" even sparingly any more.

First of all the problems are down to the owners not fulfilling promises so they have unearthed these issues. There wasn't any acceptable bids so I guess they were stuck between a rock and hard place.

I will never forget the lack of transparency and the constant mistakes and embarrassment they have caused up to now. Kean I don't blame to a certain extent as he will ever get a similar job again, meaning he would be silly to walk away. Whilst I won't forget the almost start they have had, the best way to get the supporters on board from Venkys perspective would be to show commitment, transparency and intent from now on.

Sell the club!

If they refuse, then at least Kean out, experienced manager in.

Initially yes. It was clear that the previous owners wanted to sell the club and I hoped the purchase by Venkys might mark an exciting new era. This view was encouraged by the statements from Venkys. Unfortunately these appear to have been mis-truths and I feel misled. I was wrong to be happy at Venkys' takeover.

The majority of the results under Steve Kean have been poor, some have been awful. There is no chance that keeping Kean would be a wise or successful decision. It is astonishing that he has been manager for this long when the limits of his leadership and management abilities are clear to see. Under Kean's management Rovers have failed to win two league games in a row and have not kept a clean sheet all season. These are appalling statistics. Kean's management has seen the club fall from mid-table to relegation candidates during the two seasons he has been manager. He must be sacked.

Amongst many mistakes, probably the worst was the removal of one of the most respected executive & management teams in British football. The marginalisation and departures of John Williams, Tom Finn, Sam Allardyce etc was a terrible error of judgment, probably encouraged by very poor advice. Venky's are ultimately to blame for removing the experience and respected team who may have helped their tenure to be much more successful.

This would not normally bother me. However, in difficult recent times I would have preferred to see them attending matches more frequently and, more importantly, being present in Blackburn to turnaround the failing business and team. Their failure to take any strong action in this regard represents clear mis-management and has contributed to why Venkys are so despised by most Blackburn fans and ridiculed by the media.

I think in the circumstances it was the right decision not to sell Samba as it does not appear an acceptable bid was received for him. Clubs should not be held to ransom by players and Samba has gone down in my estimation from this situation. However, the decision not to sell him will only be a good one if Samba is able to play a positive role in Rovers' relegation fight.

I am not local to Blackburn so cannot comment on feeling within the town. My personal view of the club is that it is dying a slow death under Venkys stewardship and it is very sad to see. Many of the wounds have been self-inflicted by Venkys including removing John Williams etc, failing to replace those who have left management posts, the appointment and stubborn support of Steve Kean, and the failure to provide promised financial support. I am very despondent to see what has become of the club I support in such a short space of time and I now expect Rovers to be relegated under Kean and Venkys either this season or next.

The threat of relegation has only been with us since Venkys and Kean arrived. If relegation is avoided then it is merely Venkys & Kean managing to temporarily drag themselves out of the mess they have created. This would be nothing to be grateful for. I will not forgive Venkys and Kean for how they have undermined and weakened our club.

I would like Venkys to sell the club.

If they refuse to do so then they must replace the manager and appoint an experienced Chairman/CEO who will be given power to take decisions in Blackburn. The bank must be appeased and made a partner rather than an enemy and, from there, funds must be made available for a new manager to re-build the squad at Blackburn Rovers so that it can once again be competitive in the Premier League- as it was before Venkys disasterous arrival.

If they do not take these actions then they need to explain their reasons for not doing so and continuing their ownership of an organisation that is failing fast.

Either way then need to truthfully explain their intentions and plans. It would be nice if they admitted their errors but the key thing is to improve the future state of Blackburn Rovers. I can only see this occurring when Venkys have let us go.

Am I being Cynical ? Is this really for a Media company ? This actually sounds like one of those surveys you get in restaurants asking "How can we improve our service". Nudge,nudge,wink,wink

This is for Network 18. Network18 is an Indian media company which owns television channels such as CNN-IBN, CNBC-TV18 and IBN7. They also own www.firstpost.com.

Very happy. They seemed decent honest trustworthy people. They talked about developing the Rovers brand around the world and they talked about supporting the manager and the board who they respected. I felt we would see modest but regular investment in the team. It seemed like they were interested in us and had real plans - unlike the Trust.

Too late to worry about it, the damage has been done. Bottom line is he hasn't delivered for 12 months and managers with worse records than him have been fired this season. We will not improve under Kean. Problem is that most of the managers who could replace him have now gone to new clubs so we are stuck with him.

Revolution not evolution. Venkys have laid waste to everyone and everything and replaced it with novices in every department. It looks like they knew nothing about football let alone football at this the highest level in the world game. They sold top players either because they wanted the sales proceeds or they wanted to save money by not playing international quality players for fear of invoking a contract extension clause. The young lads left on the field are without any guidance or help. 'Lions led by donkeys' springs to mind.

It's up to them. They are a very long way away for a casual stop over. Some visibility would at least encourage the fans to believe that we actually have leadership. Which sibling is in charge or are we managed by committee? Who knows. Who should turn up to matches, the local head of administration? They certainly aren't helping an already bad situation by staying away.

If Venkys had told the truth and kept to their promises then he/we wouldn't be in this position. Samba has not handled the situation well it has to be said. He actually seems Hell bent on watching the club sink out of spite.

If Venkys would start communicating with the fans and they are honest enough about the problems they are confronting then we would be understanding and be supportive, it's our club too. Things don't always go smoothly so I'm prepared to accept reasonable explanations and an action orientated plan for getting out of the current mess. Kean is another issue entirely. He has to go.

Return the club to having experienced people in every role - board, management, coaching staff, playing staff. We compete in the best league in the world and to do that we need the best people in every position throughout the club, we don't want novices. If there's money for transfers then even better.

Right then here goes:-

Having spent over 3 hrs reading every word of every reply so far posted, I have to say I am impressed by the number and quality of the replies so far. So much so that I have decided to take the lazy man's approach and simply name two posts that for me are both saying virtually everything that I would have said myself.

These two are Post no.7 by "Miker" and Post no.30 by "12 Miles From Ewood".

Both posts are just about word for word what I would have said myself and I would not wish to change anything that either has said. So Kamy please feel free to add my name to these sentiments. Oh yes and also my thanks and admiration for your efforts in taking on this fairly massive editorial task....I am sure I speak for everyone in that respect

Given the lack of obvious symbiosis between chicken farming & football, nervous. Didn't think it would turn out quite this poorly to be honest.

Steve Kean is a puppet - the real issue is the management style of Venky's, the culture prevailing around the club & the broken promises - appointing Kean was & is a mistake but Kean is the symptom, Venky's are the illness

Sacking all the experienced staff/management - starting with Allardyce, through John Williams & the rest of a capable & proven board

Attending matters not a jot now - they need to invest or sell up

It sets a tone that the club is not to be messed with but I don't think that Venky's thought through the consequences throughly enough

Despondency, acceptance, pockets of optimism, SMALL pockets of optimism. Forgiveness will only come when Venkys fulfil their promises about investment & recruit capable board directors and an experienced manager

Venkys to sell a controlling stake to a supporters trust

1) Were you happy when Venky's from India took over the club? No

Or did you dread that something might go wrong? Yes, from the minute that Mrs Desai stated her considered opinion that a club could challenge for 4th place in the PL with a transfer budget of £5m and by 'leasing' players

2) With the current on-off results that you have had, do you think that maybe keeping Steve Kean in charge will finally work? No

Or is the clamour to sack him still unanimous among fans? Yes

3) What is the greatest mistake the owners have made since the take-over? Thinking for one minute that Rovers fans would buy their snake-oil and be taken in by their guff, flannel and lies.

4) How do you feel about them staying India and not attending matches? It's cowardice. They know they are hated for destroying the club.

Would it make any difference if they attended matches regularly? Besides the riots, none

5) Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? No, they did nothing at all. The only reason he was not sold is because they thought they could get more for him in the summer.

Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore. No

6) How is the general feeling about the club now? Venky's are destroying the club.

Will you forgive the owner/manager (management as a whole) if you manage to avoid relegation? No,come the revolution they will be put up against a wall and shot !

7) Name one change you would like to see in the club which you think can alter its fortunes? Sack Kean immediately.

Archived