BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] India Media Company Wants Your Opinions

Kamy100

1) Were you happy when Venky's from India took over the club? Or did you dread that something might go wrong?

I was sceptical given that my research suggested they were not wealthy enough to handle the demands of a Premier League Club but was willing to give them a chance. Within two weeks the involvement of the agent Jerome Anderson and Kentaro running the club for them suggested Venky's were horribly misinformed and breaking the solemn undertakings made to the Walker Trust and to the fans and everything went out of control from there.

2) With the current on-off results that you have had, do you think that maybe keeping Steve Kean in charge will finally work? Or is the clamour to sack him still unanimous among fans?

No, Kean is totally inadequate in the Management role and a squad which is good enough to stay up will go down under him. All analysis shows that Kean is hopeless making substitutions and in-game tactical chnges. He very nearly threw way a 3 goal lead against fellow relegation strugglers QPR with the most inane change of formation and substitutions imaginable. Rovers will stay up if Kean is sacked and replaced by any manager with Premier League experience. And yes the fans are almost unanimous in wanting him out. On just this fans' message board the vote is 911 to sack him immediately and 26 to give him more time and this message board is probably the one with the most mature supporters.

3) What is the greatest mistake the owners have made since the take-over?

Not selling to Qatar. That is criminally unforgivable and the stupid Raos turned down a fortune offered for the club which would have gone into their own pockets.

4) How do you feel about them staying India and not attending matches? Would it make any difference if they attended matches regularly?

They would have had a chance to understand football, the Premier League and the local community. As it is they know nothing about all three 15 months after buying the club.

5) Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore.

The key is to get Chris playing again. If Kean fails to bring him back in it is another compelling reason to sack Kean. The same goes for Grella and Salgado.

6) How is the general feeling about the club now? Will you forgive the owner/manager (management as a whole) if you manage to avoid relegation?

This is a massive car crash in slow motion. If Kean is not sacked we will be incredibly lucky if we avoid relegation. It is very difficult to see anything the owners could do to earn forgiveness given they have been unremittingly destructive of the club ever since they bought in. They have failed utterly in every conceivable way- on the football pitch, managerially, financially (ridiculous debts and losses brought about by naivety) and their communication/marketing is a total non-event/non-starter.

7) Name one change you would like to see in the club which you think can alter its fortunes?

Venky's to leave immediately.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Were you happy when Venky's from India took over the club? Or did you dread that something might go wrong?

It did seem a little strange that Chicken farmers in India would be interested in owning a football club – even stranger that they, as admitted by themselves, knew very little (or nothing) about football.

However, like most fans I was happy to give them a chance. There is a always a worry over the motives, particularly from foreign owners – in addition, when they stated that the primary reason for buying Blackburn Rovers was to further promote their own brand throughout other global markets, there was a worry that developing and looking after the football club would not be a priority for the Rao family. Sadly that has turned out to be the case.

2) With the current on-off results that you have had, do you think that maybe keeping Steve Kean in charge will finally work? Or is the clamour to sack him still unanimous among fans?

Appointing a novice with no managerial experience is always a massive risk – history tells us that. Also, I think it is quite clear that Steve Kean never got the job on merit – a case of not what you know but who you know. Possibly there are signs that Kean has improved recently, a minor improvement may I add however his overall results record is still very poor.

Being too quick to dispose of crucial personnel on and off the pitch. Also making assurances/promises and breaking them therefore losing trust from the fans. They have shown a proud historic football club a complete lack of respect.

Clearly, the Rao family did not know fully what they were getting into when buying the club, including the operational costs involved, and prior to the takeover were likely sold a dream by certain individuals/agencies (eg “leasing” players, finance needed to make it work etc).

4) How do you feel about them staying India and not attending matches? Would it make any difference if they attended matches regularly?

I don’t think they have to attend matches regularly and it wouldn’t make any difference in my view.

5) Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore.

I think the priority has to be to keep your best players if possible, especially when in a relegation battle – however, it would also take good man management skills (from Kean) to ensure Samba is kept motivated until the end of the season. Granted Samba has wanted out for a while but this is the first transfer request he has made since joining the club.

6) How is the general feeling about the club now? Will you forgive the owner/manager (management as a whole) if you manage to avoid relegation?

Lot of negativity and the silence from the owners doesn’t help – problem is that the Rao family don’t understand football therefore speaking publically usually embarrasses themselves (and the club). Big questions marks over trust too and whether they can tell the truth.

The blame for the negativity is purely at the feet of the inept manager & owners - both have shown contempt for the fans and are not fit or proper to be associated with Blackburn Rovers.

7) Name one change you would like to see in the club which you think can alter its fortunes?

New ownership ideally – as it stands, there are too many fundamental changes (under the Rao family) which need to take place in order for us to be run normally/effectively again.

I was indifferent due to the great need of new owners. I would say I was excited when venkys outlined their plans. Steady investment and making Blackburn the biggest club in India. It provided a lot of hope. I didn't have any dread about it because they seemed like a massive respected company in India.

He needs to go, he has proven himself not to be the right man. The fans gave him 9 months before we turned on him. That is a long time in football. He has also become a compulsive liar and a lot of rumours about his wrong doings have not been denied. I fully believe him to be part of venkys now.

Not explaining their actions and a lack of communication. It's been three months since we last heard from them. It is grossly unacceptable.

I don't mind them not attending games, if they kept their words and promises. I do not believe they will come to England in the foreseeable future, if at all again.

I actually respect them for not selling. Employees do not dictate a companies future, the management do...

The feeling at the club is strange, some fans have given up, some protest, some stay away, but without doubt all the fans are behind the team..

I can't forgive the manager due to the way he has treat the fans. The owners could be forgiven if they held their hands up and admitted mistakes then made everything right again. (investment, new manager)

New owners. Venkys are bad news and do not have a clue of how to run a football club. They are also giving Indian business a very bad name...

1.Like most fans I was willing to back Venky's if their hearts (AND WALLETS) were in the right place from the start.Many, myself included, held reservations about Foreign business people taking over the club and their motives,especially a club like Rovers who simply do not make profit.

2.The vast majority of supporters still want Kean dismissed as he is simply not good enough.Is avoiding relegation seen as 'finally working' in the eyes of our owners?....ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

3.Their outright refusal to engage in any dialogue with anyone connected to the club since the Wigan away game when they were apparently 'spooked' by the Rovers fans reaction.This silence is no good for anyone and is fueling a very bad 'them and us' situation between fans and owners.

4.Yes it would make a difference to see our OWNERS from time to time at Ewood...the fact Mrs Desai has attended only once since the purchase of the club is an utter disgrace imo.They should be at Ewood showing their support especially as the club is struggling...where's the unity?

5.What good is to come out of keeping a player who's not commited to the cause and having a manager who then does not pick him? CRAZY!

6.The moral amongst supporters is very low,many I feel have excepted that we will be relegated.The Rao's and Steve Kean are wholly responsible for this dire situaton,bad decisions at both board and manager level are going to cost this club dear I fear.What happens if we do survive?...more of the same inept rubbish?.

THIS CLUB SHOULD BE DOING MUCH BETTER..LIONS LED BY DONKEYS!

7.The long overdue sacking of Steve Kean and the appointing of an experienced and respected manager is one way to turn the fortunes of the football club around.

That said,I fear there are many other problems at this club that will be much harder to solve.

THE CLUB IS IN A RIGHT MESS THANKS TO THE VENKYS!!

This thread is both interesting and depressing. Although good to see some people stop playing devil's advocate and say what they really think.

But this really grates the most...

Not selling to Qatar. That is criminally unforgivable and the stupid Raos turned down a fortune offered for the club which would have gone into their own pockets.

Not only do they seemingly not want to run us as a proper football club but they seemingly don't want to see the club succeed either. "If we can't make it work no-one can".

We may never officially know how real the Qatari interest was but if Venkys were offered their money back and refused, it's unforgivable.

At first I believed we were on the up and that a bright future was ahead, they seemed to have some good intentions and the promises of Rovers remaining a 'family club' were great. I genuinely felt that Venky's had the best interests of the club at heart and were prepared for significant investment to make their purchase successful. There seemed a genuine pride in what Venky's were saying about being the first Indian owned Premier League club. Suffice to say, this feeling did not last long.

The win against Manchester United was a fantastic day for all Rovers fans, although I do not believe it is enough to save Steve Kean. His record speaks for itself, it is appalling, and it isn't just the results that are worrying. Fair enough we have put some decent performances in that perhaps haven't heralded the results they may have deserved but I fully attribute these to the players, they look to be playing with nothing to lose in the bigger games and Steve Kean cannot take the credit for this. He has frequently destroyed our tactics at half time (The recent QPR game as a prime example).

Dismantling the board. John Williams was a great footballing mind and the staff underneath him (Tom Finn et al) were the perfect group to run a football club. This coupled with employing a manager with no experience is unacceptable and has left us with no structure from head to toe.

Surely if they cared they would like to see us play. They may be worried of abuse but they brought this on themselves by lying to us all. Some communication and any sign that they still care about the goings on at Ewood are essential. Coming to the occasional match would be a tiny step towards this.

If he is willing to put 100% in until the end of the season then I am happy he's here and I feel he can play a part in securing our Premier League status. It is unacceptable for any player to act the way Chris has done, but I don't blame him for speaking out against the lies. I feel that if Steve Kean knew he was going to be difficult to deal with if he wasn't sold then he should have let him go. Although I feel much of this may be irrelevant because as far as I know, nobody came in with a bid remotely close to what he should be valued at

Relegation should not be a problem given the squad that we currently have. I feel there are at least three teams in this league worse than us player for player. The owners cannot be forgiven for what they have done to this club and the only way to even begin to win the fans back would be to give us significant investment on playing and management staff. If we get relegated and Venky's don't sell, I fear the protests may become even more severe. After relegation just sacking Steve Kean will not be enough to bring them popularity

SIGNIFICANT investment (as we were promised).

Cautious but looking forward it appeared they said the right things straight away. Unfortunately these were just LIES

Never! The results at the end of last season and this are conclusive proof.

Telling 1 lie after another. They have done nothing to show the fans anything they say or do will ever come to fruition.

They have avoided all of the flak personally. This shows me they are scared of any criticism. No difference whatsoever as anything they said would only be a lie.

No. Show me any positive proof that any club made a bid of more than 7m. Venky's did nothing at all in this matter. He is worth far more than that to my football club. I don't care if he does or doesn't play again for us. He will not aid a relegation rival this season this way. If he chooses not to help our cause then that just shows what a childish individual he is. He signed all of his contracts and took all of his pay rises. Nobody else!!

My feeling is it is now called "venky's fc" It no longer feels like my blackburn rovers. I will never ever forgive the owners. I will never ever forgive the manager. There is no management of the club. Kean is running the show. Its a joke situation.

Venky's LEAVE NOW and take KEAN with you!! Simples!!

ditto

1) Were you happy when Venky's from India took over the club? Or did you dread that something might go wrong? Venkys initial statements led me to believe that we were in good hands, no changes to board, investment etc. the future looked rosy, nothing they promised has transpired.

2) With the current on-off results that you have had, do you think that maybe keeping Steve Kean in charge will finally work? Or is the clamour to sack him still unanimous among fans? The fans will never trust him. He has repeatedly lied, his tenure has been appalling and he has not had the moral fibre to walk away, an abysmal choice with an abysmal record who Venkys gave a pay rise to a couple of months ago, pure insanity.

3) What is the greatest mistake the owners have made since the take-over? They have made several catastrophic mistakes. sacking Sam Allardyce, forcing out John Williams and the board, we were a great little club, well run and consistently punching above our weight until Venkys took over. Failure to deliver on their promises. Employing Steve Kean as manager, then rewarding his tragic results with a pay rise.

4) How do you feel about them staying India and not attending matches? Would it make any difference if they attended matches regularly? I hope they never set foot in Ewood again, unless it is to sell the club.

5) Do you think the club did well to keep hold of Chris Samba? Or might it backfire having a player amongst you that doesn't really want to play at Ewood Park anymore. If they had kept their promises, this would not have been an issue.

6) How is the general feeling about the club now? Will you forgive the owner/manager (management as a whole) if you manage to avoid relegation? This season and last have been appalling, I have never ever seen this club in such a poor state, nor have I ever witnessed such militancy and division between Rovers fans. Venkys, Kean and Anderson ought to be ashamed of the destruction they have caused.

7) Name one change you would like to see in the club which you think can alter its fortunes? Remove Venkys, Kean and Anderson. If you have a cancer, removal is the only option.

India based TV channel is doing a report on Venky’s ownership of Rovers. They have asked if fans could respond to the questions below, I will leave this thread open until tomorrow 9.30pm. Please quote the question(s) in your answers:

I was sceptical at first, after listening to early interviews- even more sceptical, as the words coming out of the Roa's mouths were obviously the words of somebody else (easy to see how that woman passed the fit and proper owners test) , once it became clear what Jerome Anderson's part in all this was I was downright fuming.

No Steve Kean is only manager of Blackburn Rovers because of who his agent is, this despicable man will go to any lengths to keep the job including lying, using his children and wife as human shields and sucking up to the owners, not only should he be sacked but publically humilated in the centre circle at Ewood, before receiving a size 10 boot up the backside on the way out of Ewood with his business partner/agent

Got to be listening to Jerome Anderson and Steve Kean, instead of people who have /had Blackburn Rovers best interest at heart

Think it's the safest place for them, until they learn that people can not buy respect and have to earn it

Just like supporters Samba has been lied to by the Roa's and whoever they employed to negotiate his previous contract. Mrs D playing hard ball just shows her complete non understanding of football, footballers and the game in general. Her arrogance knows no bounds. This is bigger than just Chris Samba the treatment of well respected professionals at the club by them and their pet dog Kean is dispicable.

living now outside the UK, can only speak for myself, but it's heart breaking watching a previously well run and respected football club that I have been supporting for over 40 years , ripped apart by arrogance, stupidity,incompetance and by clueless owners who instead of listening to people who knew about the club decided it was in their best interests to follow advice given to them by people with their own agenda's. That Woman (desai) thinking that she could run an historic English football club the same as a chicken processing plant in Brazil just about sums up how clueless they are!

Rovers could stay up, win the prem next season, win the European cup the year after and I would still regard Venky's ,their nodding dog Kean and his handler as scum

Venky's to sell and get out and take Kean and his friend with them

If the previous posts haven't said everything then the whole thing is a waste of everyones time.There aren't words bad enough to express how destructive this bunch of incompetents have been causing not just lasting damage to the Club but also to the Town and the area.It is criminal neglect .They might as well have put poison in our drinking water such is the effect of their ownership.

They have had every opportuinity to come up with a plan and communicate and even when things were going massively downhill (Battersby and also Wild) got the protesters to calm down to give Venkys a chance to engage with us-BUT NOTHING !!!

Attempts by Battersby & Currie/ Supporters Trust/Wayne Wild have all come up with suggestions to give Venkys a way out all to help the Club they love and what is the response ??? NOTHING!!

These people are a disgrace to themselves and to the people of India. GET OUT !!

India based TV channel is doing a report on Venky’s ownership of Rovers. They have asked if fans could respond to the questions below, I will leave this thread open until tomorrow 9.30pm. Please quote the question(s) in your answers:

I was happy. The Walker trust were not interested and had given passive support for some time and Venky's appeared to give a vision.

Unfortunately Steve Kean is out of his depth. In our last home game, Rovers played very good football in the first half and went in at half time winning 3-0. Normally game over! but opposing manager makes substitutions, Steve responds with his substitutions and result is opposition improves, Rovers get worse and end up hanging on to win. That is very poor but again unfortunatly it is not the first time this has happened on previous occasions when they have failed to hang on have lost or drawn!

Made promises they have failed to keep, talked about bringing in Beckam, Ronaldhino, etc. Failed to deliver and then the next supporters hear, is pressure is being applied from the banks to repay depts. What are supporters expected to think.

They are probably wise to stay at home for now as I think they now realise that the depth of feeling from the supporters, from the town is so negative the reception they would get, should they attend, would be one of complete negativity.

No they should have let him go. An unhappy player can lead to an unhappy dressing room. If press reports are to be believed, Samba was promised certain things by the owners in order for him to sign an exteded contract but again the owners have failed to deliver!

Yes but with reservations. It depends on how the owners react after avoiding relegation, will they invest, run the club in a proper professional manner? Would they appoint someone with football experience to have enough power to run the club from it's Blackburn base. Will the owners start to communicate with local sponsers, supporters etc. Many questions?

I am not going to say the owners should sell because unfortunatly I don't think they would contemplate that but I wish they could get beyond their apparent arrogance and run the club in a different manner otherwise their investment will be non existent and we as supporters heartbroken

cheers

I cannot add to what has been said on here, it is testament to the members of this board, that they care about out football club, it does appear as though Venkys do not.

I was once told it is not always about doing the right thing, but seeing to be doing right, Venkys have failed on each issue, finally, to give Steve Kean a new contract despite his record, is one which I find incredible, on what basis they did that beggars belief, the suppporters deserve much more than this, we are not asking for millions to be invested in new players (though due to incompetence, it may need it now) nor Champions league football, just a well run club, which we can support and be proud of, during Venkys tenure, everything has been ruined.

I had absolutely no idea what to expect but accepted the fact that, since our previous owners wanted to sell, we had to have new owners. It soon became apparent that the Raos had no idea how to communicate with us, the fans. They talked big, which was not what we needed or wanted to hear. They delivered nothing. We wanted modest sustained and sustainable cash input but got nothing approaching what was needed.

There is no chance that anything Kean does will finally work and certainly no chance that he can win back fans favour. He has treated us with total contempt from the moment he was appointed, lying to us, spouting ridiculous positives when we could all see the truth, tried to turn fan against fan, and signed an improved contract and then lied about it saying it was not the right time to talk about new contracts. Only when it became obvious that the contract could not be kept under wraps did he come out and admit it. This, for many fans I know, was the final straw. We could put up with incompetence - we didn't like it but he appeared to have the owners confidence so there wasn't a lot we could do - but the blatant proveable lie finished any trust we may ever have had in the manager or the owner.

Not taking any notice of those who could have helped them to do well out of the club and helped the club to do well out of the owners. I, like many fans thought that the Raos would want to see us succeed because our success would be theirs, but to succeed in a field you know nothing about, you have to take good advice from those who do know and understand what is needed. Dismantling the management structure from top to bottom at Ewood and either making decisions themselves, relying on an agent or on the rookie manager they themselves appointed has been a recipe for total disaster.

Not attending makes no difference now. The time when their presence would have been welcome and possibly beneficial has long gone. We know they don't care, we accept they don't care and frankly, the atmosphere at Ewood is so bad without their presence that I hate to think what it might become if they did attend.

Samba is a difficult one. They were right not to accept the derisory offers that came in from QPR, a relegation rival. They should however, have made it palin to Samba exactly what price they would accept for him and how they wanted it paid. Perhaps then someone would have communicated that to possible suitors and they could have decided if they really wanted him that much. That way the air would have been clear. Doesn't guarantee Samba still wouldn't have thrown his toys out of the pram and behaved in a disgraceful fashion, but it might have given us all a chance.

I don't think there is any forgiveness possible for the manager, who has gone beyond what is acceptable in so many ways. If we avoid relegation or if we get relegated, the general feeling among Rovers fans will be "Here we go again". Relegation at some point seems the only certainty whilst Kean is in charge. The general feeling among most fans I know is now apathy. We encouraged and tried to communicate - we were ignored. We protested - we were ignored. We still go, those of us who do, largely because we have already paid for our tickets and begrudge being driven out of our club by these charlatans. However, season ticket sales will plummet next year. Many fans have already walked away and my family and I will join the exodus if we retain these owners and/or Steve Kean. If we are relegated, sold and the manager replaced we will probably renew our season tickets, but put money in the pockets of Kean and Venkys, give them any sembloance of credibility - that we will not do.

Find a suitable owner and give them the club for whatever you can get for it. Do not sell to another uninterested foreign or British owner who has no respect for us, our history, our tradition, who does not understand what a large part of the town and its economy Rovers is but do your best to earn some measure of redemption by finding an owner who, even if of relatively limited means in terms of the premier league, is prepared to work with the club, such as it now is, and the fans to rebuild what Venkys have smashed.

Based on the purchase document and the assurances (keeping the manager, keeping the board, financial backing, commercial sponsorship etc all of which have subsequently been broken) that it contained I was happy with the purchase.

No, given his awful decision making and the strength of the squad Steve Kean should do the honourable thing and leave Blackburn Rovers immediatly.

The biggest mistake they made by far was removing one of the most experienced and respected board of directors from the decision making process and therfor forcing themselves to rely on their limited knowledge and advisors with alteriar motives.

Match attendance is not as worrying as the fact they are not here from time to time to see the issues first hand.

Undecided, they have seemingly let down and treated badly a large number of players so without all the information on why he is acting like he is I will reserve judgement.

Exceptionally poor, from all perspectives especially finance, management and how the club is run. Many people I know who support Rovers live in fear of what will happen come the end of the season and beyond.

Will take a complete revamp to even consider forgiving the awful way Venkys have gone about running the club to date.

One change is difficult, however the key change for me would be for them to hire a top quality chairman and give him the power to make all the important decisions as per the usual structure at English football clubs.

More than willing to welcome them

Keeping Steve Kean in charge will only further disenchant the fans

Removing an excellent and respected management team

If they attended they may learn something about football and the passion of the fans

Its good for BRFC to have Samba,sad that his situation has got so bad,another sign of poor management

Demoralised is how i feel,never in a month of sundays will i forgive Steve Kean for his part in this debacle,Venkys would need to do things which regretably I feel they are not capable of, and would beg of them to sell the club

SELL and take KEAN with them!!

I was sceptical, but open to be proven wrong. Trouble is they started saying champions league in 3 years and look at what that has cost Man city. It just didn't seem right to be spouting off like that, although the Ronnie talk got me thinking, but it wasn't to be.

I wanted him gone when he became the holder of our worst run of results in 40 odd years. No manager survives that sort of return but he did. It was obvious in pre-season that things weren't right on the pitch and nothings really changed. His obvious disdain towards the fans was just compounded with his chatter after Cardiff, we forfeited the match, what a tool. It's never his fault, he always blames everything else under the sun, even the amount of water on the turf. It's gone too far now even if he delivered the champions league as promised I would want him sacked.

Bloody hell that's a hard question to answer, they have made so many. For me the route cause of it all is one Jerome Anderssen. Buying the club through him fine, but then letting delboy guide them, well I guess only fools N horses hasn't hit India yet.

They can do what they want as long as they do right by the club and try to deliver on all their promises. I'm waiting with baited breath.

you have to ask why Samba wants out? He's made his reasons very public, the owners lied to him as they have us the fans. Yes I'm pleased he's still here, he's our best player. But at the end of the day they helped create this situation, with their repeated lies.

Again why should I forgive them for a mess they have made? I'll forgive them when they do as promised, invest some cash in players and get us back to regular top ten finishes (in the premier league).

Phone the Arabs and sell the club to them. It's now a long road back for Venky's, given all they've done so far, perhaps too far.

I am not going to post my views because Most People have already posted my points and answers.

Also They have been some excellent posts on here today!

Also very good news that a Indian media company is taking interest in Venkys ownership of BRFC! hopefully this will force a sale or a change in running the club totally!

I was happy with Venkys when they took over as their initial statement of intent was fine. That opinion quickly changed based on further statements and actions.

Steve Kean will never make it as a manager and gain the support of the Rovers fans. His record is awful, and at times has openly criticised the fans. His signings have been very poor, his tactics naive.

Allowing the tremendous board, led by John Williams, to leave Ewood Park without any suitable replacements.

It is their choice if they choose to attend, however it doesnt resonate well that they have bought the club but only attended a few games in well over 12 months.

The club held Samba to his contract, that was only right to do, it may backfire, but keeping hold of the other experienced players they have allowed to leave is more likely to backfire on them.

I love my club and only want the best for it. However the situation with Kean is irredeemable and I fear that unless the owners do a 180 degree change in some of their decisions and bring in an experienced UK based board of directors, then the situation is also beyong redeem.

I would like to see Venkys bring in a board of experienced UK based directors and give them the budget and ability to run the club correctly, including deciding on the future of the team manager and how any transfer funds are spent.

No, given his awful decision making and the strength of the squad Steve Kean should do the honourable thing and leave Blackburn Rovers immediatly.

'Steve Kean' and 'honourable' in the same sentence.

:lol:

I was optimistic due to what they had said prior to taking control and how they had behaved during the process of taking control. I think that a very high percentage of fans would have been seduced by their claims at the time of "Champions League" and "Marquee Signings", and for a time early on they did seem interested and looked like they might want to be well involved and try to run the club properly.

He should never have been given the job in the first place, in my opinion and from what I have seen from performances over the last 12 months I think the players don't respect him as a manager and I believe his tactics to be inept and rather unfathomable for a manager managing at Premier League level in English football, where most of the best teams have pace and power and they are quite direct in their play. We seem to pass sideways more than forward and defensively we have gone from a team with a rock solid defence (under Allardyce) to not keeping a clean sheet in over a year, this is unacceptable by any standards for a team in our position.

Being involved with Jerome Anderson

It would have done in the early stages, but this would have had to coupled with regular communication with the supporters, even the Queen of England manages to address her subjects at least once a year.

We only did the right thing if he plays games and contributes to keeping us in the Premier League. If he doesn't play most of the games between now and the end of the season then it was pointless and by the same token, if we get relegated whether he plays or not, it would also have been a pointless exercise.

No, either way they have damaged our club and deeply affected the fans, to the point where we have had to take action on many different levels, something that I have never seen before as a lifelong Rovers supporter. The owners need to sell up, and the manager needs to be sacked by whoever buys the club (although more recently I have begun to feel a little sorry for Steve Kean because I think the owners have lost interest in the club and he has been left to fire fight the whole mess on his own as the owners aren't communicating with the fans thus offering him no public support, although if they did at this point it would probably anger the fans even more!!!)

New owners, this would be the starting block for the radical change that is needed to get our proud club back on track.

Archived