BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

This my club nonsense is properly winding me up.

Why don't all those who are renewing just say the truth, and that is that they can't think of anything they could do that would be more important to them on a sat afternoon. I myself would find that a pretty abysmal way of thinking even at the best of times so you can imagine what I think of that train of thought in the current situation, but I respect that is your choice so just say it. Please just say you have nothing better to do then I'm sure everyone would just say fair enough.

I can think of several things that are currently more important and interesting than going to watch rovers.

One last thing, for those peddling the social aspect excuse for their reason for renewal then you might be interested to know that there are other places were friends and family can congregate for merryment, places like the park, the pub, a restaurant etc etc etc

And u may have guessed it I'm not renewing because currently it is a terrible form of entertainment which is what it is meant to be isn't it?

I disagree with this bit, and if I may say so it is a very revealing way to phrase it as well. There are people who I only know through football, either team mates and opponents from 25 years ago, or people I have met at Rovers games over the years and who I enjoy meeting up with and chewing the fat with. Living in Glasgow as I do I doubt I would ever see some of them again were it not for the trips to Ewood. The price of season tickets has meant that such trips are within my budget thankfully, and it actually works out as cheap for us to do 'the trek' every fortnight as it would be to go to (eg) Celtic Park with my two sons.

An excuse? Hardly, and has the 'Groupthink' mentality that has evolved on this message board really got to the point where people feel they have to justify why they buy season tickets? Christ, I have someone at home who I have to do that with, without you lot joining in as well :lol:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be renewing not because I am overjoyed with our current League position, or with Kean's record or with the departure of Samba and possible imminent departures of the likes of Hoillet et al , but because I support the Club and have done for the last 41 years.

It hasn't really occurred to me to do otherwise. I started watching us regularly when we dropped down to the old 3rd division when we were in a lot worse position than currently and no doubt there'll be many other peaks and troughs before I shuffle off my mortal coil, by which time Venky's and Steve Kean will be long gone, as are John Williams and Sam Allardyce as are sadly Uncle Jack and as are Bill Fox, David Brown and Bill Bancroft.

So I may or may not be all that happy next season but I'll be there. I hope that a large number of fans will feel the same way.

Purely on the price front, if the previous owners had announced an early price freeze on what are already amongst the cheapest tickets in the Premiership, everyone would be praising them from the rafters.

So we could well stay up and still be paying next to nothing for our Premier League tickets in comparison to most of our competitors. A situation 72 other sets of fans in the League would give their right arm for.

I think season tickets will be even better value next season because its highly likely there'll be a 46 game season! If it doesn't happen this May, it will happen next may and all this pain will be gone through again---3 seasons in a row.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel------none.

It'll be a season of even greater cost cutting. For example, Olsson will go and Henley will step in.

If he's injured there will be some 15 year old who could replace him and so on till the squad is so diluted it'll be unrecognisable.The owners will be permanently absent and Kean, a proven liar, will still be manager.

I can't bear to watch what my club has become. Its a fraud and a farce. What other club has its selection policy dictated by week to week budget constraints and can't make substitutions when fresh legs are needed?

What other club can't tell the truth about regular and popular players who've been discarded? Can't even bring a banner in because Venkys can't stand criticism, have to be searched like criminals before you can take the seat you've paid for, criticise and you're pilloried in the press.

To call people who won't put up with this anymore "disloyal" or "not real supporters" is to miss the point entirely.

It isn't about football anymore, Venkys don't care about football. As long as they are here, we don't have a football club. BRFC is a Venky thing to be played with at their pleasure and our hurt.

They've got it, they don't know what to do with it and they're here for the long haul. Rot in Hell you bas*ards.

I think season tickets will be even better value next season because its highly likely there'll be a 46 game season! If it doesn't happen this May, it will happen next may and all this pain will be gone through again---3 seasons in a row.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel------none.

It'll be a season of even greater cost cutting. For example, Olsson will go and Henley will step in.

If he's injured there will be some 15 year old who could replace him and so on till the squad is so diluted it'll be unrecognisable.The owners will be permanently absent and Kean, a proven liar, will still be manager.

I can't bear to watch what my club has become. Its a fraud and a farce. What other club has its selection policy dictated by week to week budget constraints and can't make substitutions when fresh legs are needed?

What other club can't tell the truth about regular and popular players who've been discarded? Can't even bring a banner in because Venkys can't stand criticism, have to be searched like criminals before you can take the seat you've paid for, criticise and you're pilloried in the press.

To call people who won't put up with this anymore "disloyal" or "not real supporters" is to miss the point entirely.

It isn't about football anymore, Venkys don't care about football. As long as they are here, we don't have a football club. BRFC is a Venky thing to be played with at their pleasure and our hurt.

They've got it, they don't know what to do with it and they're here for the long haul. Rot in Hell you bas*ards.

+100 47er

Rovers were the love of my life since 1st going with my dad as a young whipper snapper in 1967, this was following our relegation from the old 1st Division.

I watched them all over the Country from the mid 70's onwards (1974/75 was my favorite ever season as a fan, excepting of course 1964/95) and have slept under motorway bridges after thumbing it back from away games on 3 occasions when I had no money except to spend on my match entranc. Never mind the £10's and £10's of thousands of my cash spent watching the Rovers, as well as ensuring bookings for corporate tables etc.

I was going to get a table in Jack's Kitchen next season, I have been invited to join Liverpool fans in a BBE box this coming Tuesday. I will do neither of these because those chicken sh!t morons have well and truly destroyed MY love and joy, they have employed a useless lying barsteward as a manager, as well as having ripped apart a sensible management structure and replaced it with a bunch of sycophants.

So in brief "see ya".........until these toss pots have gone and replaced with new owners; I will then be back and happy to spash my cash.

I am not a super fan, I just love my Rovers. Going these days is like watching a close relative suffer a painful death....if you want to get a ST then that is fine by me, but I will not contribute a penny of my hard earned cash to these willy wonkers.

Football is only a form of entertainment when Blackburn aren't playing. When I go to Ewood or any away game, the entertainment factor doesn't come into it, the only thing that matters if that we win. I've always said, if you want to be entertained, go to the bloody theatre. Interesting to know what your thoughts were on Allardyce' tenure?

I too will not be renewing, not because of the entertainment factor, but due to the happenings on and off the field in the last 16 months.

I accepted allardyce's tenure in his first season as a means of a rescue job but was quite turned off by the second season and would not have been renewing should he have had a third playing the same non football way.

Your first paragraph seems to suggest that you would be prepared to watch utter dross each week so long as we won. Without wanting to sound like a west ham fan that's not what football is.

This my club nonsense is properly winding me up.

Why don't all those who are renewing just say the truth, and that is that they can't think of anything they could do that would be more important to them on a sat afternoon. I myself would find that a pretty abysmal way of thinking even at the best of times so you can imagine what I think of that train of thought in the current situation, but I respect that is your choice so just say it. Please just say you have nothing better to do then I'm sure everyone would just say fair enough.

I can think of several things that are currently more important and interesting than going to watch rovers.

One last thing, for those peddling the social aspect excuse for their reason for renewal then you might be interested to know that there are other places were friends and family can congregate for merryment, places like the park, the pub, a restaurant etc etc etc

And u may have guessed it I'm not renewing because currently it is a terrible form of entertainment which is what it is meant to be isn't it?

Well to be honest it seems pretty obvious to me that you just don't get how Rovers affects some fans. The kind of fans who go to pre-season games, every home and away, every cup game, spend literally all their free money on european campaigns. To fans like that its a religion. You don't go to church because there's nothing better to do, you go because you believe in and passionately want to be part of something.

Football was originally just entertainment but its not just that anymore to some fans, and those are the people who would still go Rovers if we were bottom of League 2 and owned by the chuckle brothers. Calling that an abysmal way of thinking or an excuse, and lecturing loyal Rovers fans on different forms of entertainment as if they're a bunch of sad hermits is a bit pathetic in my opinion. Especially on the main Rovers message board.

If you don't wanna go anymore fine, good riddance. But posting something to ridicule and coerce other fans into agreeing with you is pretty incredible. You sound as though you want nothing more than our support to completely dissappear and the club be disbanded.

I disagree with this bit, and if I may say so it is a very revealing way to phrase it as well. There are people who I only know through football, either team mates and opponents from 25 years ago, or people I have met at Rovers games over the years and who I enjoy meeting up with and chewing the fat with. Living in Glasgow as I do I doubt I would ever see some of them again were it not for the trips to Ewood. The price of season tickets has meant that such trips are within my budget thankfully, and it actually works out as cheap for us to do 'the trek' every fortnight as it would be to go to (eg) Celtic Park with my two sons.

An excuse? Hardly, and has the 'Groupthink' mentality that has evolved on this message board really got to the point where people feel they have to justify why they buy season tickets? Christ, I have someone at home who I have to do that with, without you lot joining in as well :lol:

It would seem a little sad that the there is a need for an unentertaining football match to be the catalyst for you to meet up with good friends you have made. But I take your point.

+100 47er

Rovers were the love of my life since 1st going with my dad as a young whipper snapper in 1967, this was following our relegation from the old 1st Division.

I watched them all over the Country from the mid 70's onwards (1974/75 was my favorite ever season as a fan, excepting of course 1964/95) and have slept under motorway bridges after thumbing it back from away games on 3 occasions when I had no money except to spend on my match entranc. Never mind the £10's and £10's of thousands of my cash spent watching the Rovers, as well as ensuring bookings for corporate tables etc.

I was going to get a table in Jack's Kitchen next season, I have been invited to join Liverpool fans in a BBE box this coming Tuesday. I will do neither of these because those chicken sh!t morons have well and truly destroyed MY love and joy, they have employed a useless lying barsteward as a manager, as well as having ripped apart a sensible management structure and replaced it with a bunch of sycophants.

So in brief "see ya".........until these toss pots have gone and replaced with new owners; I will then be back and happy to spash my cash.

I am not a super fan, I just love my Rovers. Going these days is like watching a close relative suffer a painful death....if you want to get a ST then that is fine by me, but I will not contribute a penny of my hard earned cash to these willy wonkers.

Expresses my own sentiments far better than I could have hoped to.

Well to be honest it seems pretty obvious to me that you just don't get how Rovers affects some fans. The kind of fans who go to pre-season games, every home and away, every cup game, spend literally all their free money on european campaigns. To fans like that its a religion. You don't go to church because there's nothing better to do, you go because you believe in and passionately want to be part of something.

Football was originally just entertainment but its not just that anymore to some fans, and those are the people who would still go Rovers if we were bottom of League 2 and owned by the chuckle brothers. Calling that an abysmal way of thinking or an excuse, and lecturing loyal Rovers fans on different forms of entertainment as if they're a bunch of sad hermits is a bit pathetic in my opinion. Especially on the main Rovers message board.

If you don't wanna go anymore fine, good riddance. But posting something to ridicule and coerce other fans into agreeing with you is pretty incredible. You sound as though you want nothing more than our support to completely dissappear and the club be disbanded.

I could quite happily go to watch rovers in league 2 and be entertained, so that is literally nothing to do with it. You are also confusing religion with addiction.

What I want for all rovers fans is for them to have something that brings them joy, they can be proud of and above all is entertaining because that's why you pay your money. Now the way football is set up is a massive hinderance to that ideal, but equally so in the short term is the stewardship of venkys and kean. Now if all those who I suggested had nothing more important to them could for one minute stop take a deep breath and rationally think that a short term loss individually could result in a long term gain collectively then we may get back to being entertained but as it is those who decide to keep watching are set for long term misery.

It is to me.

You must like winning then more than the sport itself. A bit like that cricketer who bowled an under arm peeroller to ensure the opposition couldn't possibly win.

Venky's and Kean have brought me misery, Rovers under Allardyce gave me great pleasure and I was entertained royally with our fantastic home form, a top ten finish and a cup semi final.

You must like winning then more than the sport itself. A bit like that cricketer who bowled an under arm peeroller to ensure the opposition couldn't possibly win.

I love BRFC more than the sport itself, and for Rovers to be the best it can be, it needs to win games of football, by hook or by crook.

I accepted allardyce's tenure in his first season as a means of a rescue job but was quite turned off by the second season and would not have been renewing should he have had a third playing the same non football way.

Your first paragraph seems to suggest that you would be prepared to watch utter dross each week so long as we won. Without wanting to sound like a west ham fan that's not what football is.

Unfortunately Rigger for many teams that's what football has become. It is no longer a level playing field. Most clubs have to scrap for survival and fight like dogs to keep top flight status. Sam knew how to keep teams in the PL.

I fully respect the terrific job that Brendan Rodgers has done at Swansea, magnificent effort to have them playing lovely football and stopping up. I just wonder whether it will work in the long term. Many teams have had great first seasons then faltered. Wigan, Reading etc.

Usually the best way for a poor squad with limited finances to stay up is to play percentage football. Allardyce was magnificent on a shoestring budget, as he has shown at Bolton and Blackburn. Make no mistake, Williams one and only request to Allardyce would have been 'keep us up'.

There is no way I would have given up my ST under that era. Because I knew that the club was made up of good men, pulling together and aiming for one common goal, the continued success of Blackburn Rovers. I wasn't too bothered if we did this by passing it around in triangles or playing to our strengths. Incidentally neither did the players, the backroom staff or the hierarchy of the club. It is also quite an illusion to say it was 'utter dross'. Some of it was not pretty, some of it was okay. Do not listen to the media numbskulls :angry2:

Venky's and Kean have brought me misery, Rovers under Allardyce gave me great pleasure and I was entertained royally with our fantastic home form, a top ten finish and a cup semi final.

I love BRFC more than the sport itself, and for Rovers to be the best it can be, it needs to win games of football, by hook or by crook.

I disagree but am enjoying the healthy debate!

There will be fans who are just as affected by what goes on at Rovers as you, but have chosen not to renew.

This is because a lot of people don't want to show any form of support to the owners and manager. It doesn't mean that they care more/less than those that choose not to make that stand. They want to make a stand against the owners who are destroying what they care about.

Playing devil's advocate, would you still renew if the owners sold all the first team squad, re-named the ground Steve Kean Stadium, sponsored the kit with a chicken on the front and re-named us Venkys Rovers? I know this is an extreme example, but blind loyalty and faith has to end somewhere.

Now that's quite annoying Matty because it has taken me about 4 paragraphs to write what you have done in two sentences, and yours is better <_<

Unfortunately Rigger for many teams that's what football has become. It is no longer a level playing field. Most clubs have to scrap for survival and fight like dogs to keep top flight status. Sam knew how to keep teams in the PL.

I fully respect the terrific job that Brendan Rodgers has done at Swansea, magnificent effort to have them playing lovely football and stopping up. I just wonder whether it will work in the long term. Many teams have had great first seasons then faltered. Wigan, Reading etc.

Usually the best way for a poor squad with limited finances to stay up is to play percentage football. Allardyce was magnificent on a shoestring budget, as he has shown at Bolton and Blackburn. Make no mistake, Williams one and only request to Allardyce would have been 'keep us up'.

There is no way I would have given up my ST under that era. Because I knew that the club was made up of good men, pulling together and aiming for one common goal, the continued success of Blackburn Rovers. I wasn't too bothered if we did this by passing it around in triangles or playing to our strengths. Incidentally neither did the players, the backroom staff or the hierarchy of the club. It is also quite an illusion to say it was 'utter dross'. Some of it was not pretty, some of it was okay. Do not listen to the media numbskulls :angry2:

Just because that's what it has become which it clearly has doesn't mean we should accept it.

It would seem a little sad that the there is a need for an unentertaining football match to be the catalyst for you to meet up with good friends you have made. But I take your point.

Your words, not mine. Good friends I can and do meet without the need for any sort of game at Ewood. I would have described these more as 'acquaintances', but the real point I'm making is that it actually isn't just about what happens on the pitch, whether entertaining or (more often) not. There is evidence of this in the 'don't renew' side of the ST renewal debate too (Venkys off field philosophies/shenanagins being many people's reason for non renewal).

I get what Riggers is saying. There has to be something better to do, also there does have to be the entertainment factor also right?

I won't be renewing my season ticket for a number of reasons, chief among which, I don't want to fund a lying corrupt ideology. If many of you fans just took off your rose tinted glasses off for a moment you will fully understand (and I don't just mean acknowledge it with a banner or a yellow t-shirt) that you have been taken for a ride. You have been treat with utter contempt and disrespect by the management and the owners. You will understand that your money will directly or indirectly (it doesn't matter) contribute to the wages of the very people who couldn't not care a single toss about who you are, what you think or how long you have been going to Ewood. Blackburn Rovers are no longer a family run club that embraces the fans as the single most important asset that they have. You are an irritating voice that can be lulled into submission by the promise of a cheap season ticket even before the season has ended. I find it absolutely gratuitous that the club can treat the fans with such derision for 9 months and then send them all a letter ruthlessly trying to ingratiate themselves with the paying public once more with a desperate act of halting the amount of people, who are quite rightly, voting with their feet.

This is no longer a football matter. Football has rightly or wrongly taken a backseat for months. I have seen Rovers go down before, I have seen them go through the pits of desperation. The only reason for it was because of poor footballing matters, bad signings, poor tactics, poor managers and money thrown in the wrong direction. This time, it absolutely bloody stinks to the inner core. There is a dirty dirty stench emanating from Ewood that absolutely should not sit right with the morals of most people on here or those residing in Blackburn and the surrounding areas.

If you want them out, or even if you want to be treat more appropriately, vote with your feet. Don't buy your season ticket, don't buy merchandise or match day tickets or hotdogs or programmes. They will be forced to take note and listen to the people who WILL be there long after they have gone.

My fear is there will be a high number of people who skip down to Ewood chanting their little songs to renew their ticket and buy all the BRFC rubbish who will indirectly be the catalyst for BRFCs misery for years to come. You will be condoning it.

Short term loss for long term gain. Spend some time with the wife, go bowling, play football yourself, give your money to charity. Do anything, just stop being so soft.

"It's my club" - Yea right! Tell that to Mrs D

I get what Riggers is saying. There has to be something better to do, also there does have to be the entertainment factor also right?

I won't be renewing my season ticket for a number of reasons, chief among which, I don't want to fund a lying corrupt ideology. If many of you fans just took off your rose tinted glasses off for a moment you will fully understand (and I don't just mean acknowledge it with a banner or a yellow t-shirt) that you have been taken for a ride. You have been treat with utter contempt and disrespect by the management and the owners. You will understand that your money will directly or indirectly (it doesn't matter) contribute to the wages of the very people who couldn't not care a single toss about who you are, what you think or how long you have been going to Ewood. Blackburn Rovers are no longer a family run club that embraces the fans as the single most important asset that they have. You are an irritating voice that can be lulled into submission by the promise of a cheap season ticket even before the season has ended. I find it absolutely gratuitous that the club can treat the fans with such derision for 9 months and then send them all a letter ruthlessly trying to ingratiate themselves with the paying public once more with a desperate act of halting the amount of people, who are quite rightly, voting with their feet.

This is no longer a football matter. Football has rightly or wrongly taken a backseat for months. I have seen Rovers go down before, I have seen them go through the pits of desperation. The only reason for it was because of poor footballing matters, bad signings, poor tactics, poor managers and money thrown in the wrong direction. This time, it absolutely bloody stinks to the inner core. There is a dirty dirty stench emanating from Ewood that absolutely should not sit right with the morals of most people on here or those residing in Blackburn and the surrounding areas.

If you want them out, or even if you want to be treat more appropriately, vote with your feet. Don't buy your season ticket, don't buy merchandise or match day tickets or hotdogs or programmes. They will be forced to take note and listen to the people who WILL be there long after they have gone.

My fear is there will be a high number of people who skip down to Ewood chanting their little songs to renew their ticket and buy all the BRFC rubbish who will indirectly be the catalyst for BRFCs misery for years to come. You will be condoning it.

Short term loss for long term gain. Spend some time with the wife, go bowling, play football yourself, give your money to charity. Do anything, just stop being so soft.

Well said! better to suffer some pain now for a while than forever.

My fear is half these fans who abandon the club now to get rid of Venkys will never come back. I'm not sure you, riggers etc realise how dangerous this apparent campaign to stop people going to Rovers is to the long-term future of the club.

Football's a habit to a lot of the non-diehard season ticket holders. They get out of that habit and there's a good chance they won't get back into it, regardless of what's going on at the club. I know people who got out of the habit years and years ago and no amount of success or cheap tickets has ever got them back. Its always too much effort or they don't have time or they can't afford it. They've stopped going, their families have and their future generations probably won't be going.

We lost about 3,000 season ticket holders last season, and could (if you guys get your way) lose about 6,000 this one. Will 9,000 come back when Venkys are gone? No chance. So Jack's legacy of our increased fanbase thats built up since the 90s is ruined.

Back to this old chestnut again.

If we won every game, that would mean scoring one more goal than the opposition every game. Wins = goals = excitement = atmosphere = increased attendance. If nothing else it would certainly make the walk back up Bolton Road start to feel shorter again.

Add to that the success it would bring. League, Cups, Champions League. And the money it would rake in. The players we could then afford... that whole upward spiral. Success breeding success.

Who wouldn't want that? But of course that's all theoretical nonsense because we wouldn't win every game. It's about getting the best out of what you have. With what must be the lowest budget in the PL and half the Championship, how can we expect to, sustainably, be competitive playing tippy-tappy football with unarguably the worst squad we've EVER had in the PL...

Attritional but winning football is the best we can expect within our means -between them Allardyce and Kean have proven that for us - and it certainly beats what we are watching at the minute. Dross AND defeats. And it's hardly expansive football we are being treated to as compensation.

My fear is half these fans who abandon the club now to get rid of Venkys will never come back. I'm not sure you, riggers etc realise how dangerous this apparent campaign to stop people going to Rovers is to the long-term future of the club.

Football's a habit to a lot of the non-diehard season ticket holders. They get out of that habit and there's a good chance they won't get back into it, regardless of what's going on at the club. I know people who got out of the habit years and years ago and no amount of success or cheap tickets has ever got them back. Its always too much effort or they don't have time or they can't afford it. They've stopped going, their families have and their future generations probably won't be going.

We lost about 3,000 season ticket holders last season, and could (if you guys get your way) lose about 6,000 this one. Will 9,000 come back when Venkys are gone? No chance. So Jack's legacy of our increased fanbase thats built up since the 90s is ruined.

You are bang on Toady.

The kind of fan that has posted on this thread and lives and breathes Rovers could very well return once Venky's clear off, I respect their decision to boycott.

However, many others will stop going after this season and never return.

I know a good number who went in the 90s, then stopped and have seldom been to Ewood Park since.

I am just so angry that these owners have potentially ruined our fanbase and potential as a club for years to come.

Though personally I don't agree totally with your sentiment - I think there is a half-way point (Sam got there at one point - but then reverted to type).

But, as with you, I think that the number of defeats are having as big an impact on home attendances as Kean or the Venky's are. Though many will blame Kean and the Venkys (understandably as most of the defeats are down to them) - it is just that feeling of getting beaten (yet again) that is turning fans away as much as anything else.

There is nothing more miserable than trudging away from Ewood having been beaten again - and basically ruining your weekend (I have gone through more alcohol since Kean took the reigns than on any other season).

If we are to maintain a reasonable ST base - it is easy - win a few home matches - doesn't really matter how - just win !

You are bang on Toady.

The kind of fan that has posted on this thread and lives and breathes Rovers could very well return once Venky's clear off, I respect their decision to boycott.

However, many others will stop going after this season and never return.

I know a good number who went in the 90s, then stopped and have seldom been to Ewood Park since.

I am just so angry that these owners have potentially ruined our fanbase and potential as a club for years to come.

Matty - if they went in the 90's and not since - I can only draw one conclusion as it coincides with the Jack glory years.

Archived