BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Personally speaking Gav I dont want to be anywhere near the club with Venky's and Kean in charge..home or away.

They have nigh on killed my interest.

They haven't though SG, I bet your passion for BRFC means you are getting massively irate/upset/frustrated. I despise the lot of them down there, but I can't keep away from talking about it, reading about it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look to Fleetwood - great little club with warm welcome always assured !

I can't tell you how weird it is for one brought up as a Rovers' fan on the Fylde Coast in the 1950s to think that, next season, Rovers [in Division 2 then 1 in those days] will only be 3 or, at best, 4 divisions above Fleetwood Town [then in the Lancashire Combination]! :o

How about starting the BRFCS away travel club?

I've been working on that one for some time now (BRFCS Travel, not the ticket purchasing idea).

Still trying to find a reputable coach company and/or travel agent to tie up with (and somebody actually based in Blackburn we trust to steward it).

They haven't though SG, I bet your passion for BRFC means you are getting massively irate/upset/frustrated. I despise the lot of them down there, but I can't keep away from talking about it, reading about it.

Your quite right Matty but they have near enough killed my interest in attending games and next season they are in for quite a shock as to just how many people they have upset when attendaces go through the floor!

Look to Fleetwood - great little club with warm welcome always assured !

You are correct Mercerman. I have been to see the Cod Army 3 times this season (with former Rovers fans from Fleetwood who now go to see the Cod) and it had been great.....fantastic atmosphere and cracking good footie, and not a Coco or Chicken in sight.

Didn't used to cost £100-150 for an away trip in the 90s did it though?

Although it was for a family, two adults a senior citizen and two juniors at Chelsea.20 quid each and no concessions plus travel and food and drink mid 90s. Plus theywent all over.

Although it was for a family, two adults a senior citizen and two juniors at Chelsea.20 quid each and no concessions plus travel and food and drink mid 90s. Plus theywent all over.

Doesn't really compare then does it?

Chelsea on the last day of the season will probably cost in the region of £100/150 for one, never mind a family of five.

Didn't used to cost £100-150 for an away trip in the 90s did it though?

Take that point fully Claire, the cost of watching football has increased, but speaking for our lot, we're more than willing to pay the extra and watch us away, so only another 1495 to go and we'll have the 2000 away week in week out.

Not wanting to get into a gate debate, and whilst I understand Blackburn & Darwen is a poor area, why do other teams seem to have a much better away following than us? Can’t be cost as we're all feeling the pinch, but I’d imagine Bpool, possible even Preston and dare I say it bumley have better average away followings than we do, not premiership money I grant you that, but still has some context in this discussion.

Chelsea on the last day of the season will probably cost in the region of £100/150 for one, never mind a family of five.

I wouldn't pay that on principle, pick your matches, I certainly wouldn't attend them all.

It is 100% down to cost GAV.

If it's reasonably priced we take a decent following, if it's a dear do we don't.

Hands up on here who never missed a game at United/City/Lpool in the past, but at £40 notes, often on telly you just won't bother?

And as for Burnley, bloody hell you know better than that! Just by chance I saw a thread on Clampetts Mad t'other week that listed each Championship club's average away following, Burnley were about 20th with an average of around 800.

Hands up on here who never missed a game at United/City/Lpool in the past, but at £40 notes, often on telly you just won't bother?

Chatting to an old mate in my local yesterday who has hardly ever (if not never) missed a game anywhere as far as I am aware. John Pittard..... and he's still not been reimbursed for his Pune trip as was promised by the Slumdogs at the height of their big PR gig. I'm sure that he never will be either. <_<

Be a nice gesture if the FF Pune 9 who so enjoyed their freebie trip had a whip around between them in support of their fellow supporter. Might be supporters cos I dunno if Birdie recieved anything either.

£200 each would be great, £100 each might be more reallistic. It wouldn't cover it of course but it would be a superb gesture. :tu:

If it's reasonably priced we take a decent following, if it's a dear do we don't.

I don't necessarily buy that Matty as I've said before, certainly cost comes into it, but if its all about cost why do WBA, Wolves to name a couple, sell out at almost every ground they visit? Its the same price for them as it is for us?

Chatting to an old mate in my local yesterday who has hardly ever (if not never) missed a game anywhere as far as I am aware. John Pittard..... and he's still not been reimbursed for his Pune trip as was promised by the Slumdogs at the height of their big PR gig. I'm sure that he never will be either. <_<

Disgusting gordon, simple as that, why make the gesture in the first place :angry:

I don't necessarily buy that Matty as I've said before, certainly cost comes into it, but if its all about cost why do WBA, Wolves to name a couple, sell out at almost every ground they visit? Its the same price for them as it is for us?

They don't?

But generally speaking WBA, Wolves have bigger fanbases than us, so they have a larger hardcore support, ie the sort of fan who will go away every other week.

I like to compare us to Bolton, as it is a very similar club to us in almost every way- we take pretty similar away followings is one example of that.

• Backroom

Gordon - whilst I think it's disgusting that they never made good their promise it has nothing to do with me and I personally don't have cash to throw at a gesture at present

The lads went out there on their own back without expecting it to be paid for whatever happened after that is a kick in the teeth and a real insult though.

They don't?

But generally speaking WBA, Wolves have bigger fanbases than us, so they have a larger hardcore support, ie the sort of fan who will go away every other week.

I like to compare us to Bolton, as it is a very similar club to us in almost every way- we take pretty similar away followings is one example of that.

They both have excellent away followings, don't think I can remember either club bringing less than 3000 to our place in recent times and the fan base argument doesn't stack up either for me, they're very similar to us in my book with a similar hardcore.

As for comparing us to Bolton :D come on you can do better than that, next you'll be throwing Wigan into the mix and Fulham, but will leave out Norwich and Swansea :lol:

Seriously though, I think its just as much a lack of desire as it is financial.

Wolves and West Brom have a BIG fanbase across the West midlands region, alas we are hemmed in with far too many rival clubs, but you find Wolves/WBA fans in Wolverhmapton, Cannock, Walsall, West Browmich, Stourbridge, Dudley, Smethwick, Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and so on.

Bolton is very much comparable, Fulham? Not really as they seem to have a unique gentrified fanbase and Wigan is a RL town.

And as for Burnley, bloody hell you know better than that! Just by chance I saw a thread on Clampetts Mad t'other week that listed each Championship club's average away following, Burnley were about 20th with an average of around 800.

Cost and the likelihood of getting thrashed.

If you think your team has a decent chance of a result, your more likely to shell out. If it was £25 at Wigan and £25 at Old Trafford I'd bank on more going to Wigan, as there would be a better chance of winning.

Just to reiterate what a poster has already mentioned here, I learned today that season ticket sales are very poor compared to the previous season early bird renewals.

The figure mentioned was LESS than 1500 to date.

Don't let Mercerman see that, he was prepared to take bets it would be less than 1000 before 30th April - funnily enough he never responded to numerous people who wanted to take him up on his offer :huh:

Wolves and West Brom have a BIG fanbase across the West midlands region, alas we are hemmed in with far too many rival clubs, but you find Wolves/WBA fans in Wolverhmapton, Cannock, Walsall, West Browmich, Stourbridge, Dudley, Smethwick, Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and so on.

Bolton is very much comparable, Fulham? Not really as they seem to have a unique gentrified fanbase and Wigan is a RL town.

Geography lesson Matty?

Similar in numbers through the gate at home, thats all I’m concerned with, bottom line is we should be taking more away regardless or the bunkum above.

Just to reiterate what a poster has already mentioned here, I learned today that season ticket sales are very poor compared to the previous season early bird renewals.

The figure mentioned was LESS than 1500 to date.

To be honest 1864, I would expect low numbers at this stage. End of April might be a wake up call to the club though.

Geography lesson Matty?

Similar in numbers through the gate at home, thats all I’m concerned with, bottom line is we should be taking more away regardless or the bunkum above.

The reason we take few away is because for SEASONS we have been crap away and people won't pay to watch ###### week after week. Example, if I'd wanted to take my lad (who is 7) to West Brom on Saturday on the coach, it would have cost me £75 before drinks, food, programme, etc.

So IMO, the two reasons are cost and seasons of crap away from home.

Geography lesson Matty?

Bunkum? to say Wolves have a bigger hardcore support than us? Leeds get the same gates as us, yet they more away, why because their support base is much larger. Not a difficult concept Gav.

We take decent numbers if it's not a stupid price, simple.

Bunkum? to say Wolves have a bigger hardcore support than us? Leeds get the same gates as us, yet they more away, why because their support base is much larger. Not a difficult concept Gav.

We take decent numbers if it's not a stupid price, simple.

Leeds? :lol:

You carry on making excuses Matty :tu:

Archived