BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

If they're not, or they lose whatever interest they had as a result of us no longer being in the Premier League, the future will be very uncertain and potentially bleak.

Always the probability with a small town club that cannot wash it's face financially Simon. Take a step back and sooner or later we were bound to come to the end of the line.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't they simply determined to put no money of their own in and everything flows from that?

Hang on 47er, time for a reallity check here. In all fairness why should they? Why should anybody at any club endlessly chuck money in when each and every week the club is grossing a million quid on it's own bat? Thats 50m pa, 1m per week, a whopping 150k per day 7 days a week? If football as an industry can't think of a way out of ladelling never ending shovel fulls of money into the clutches of greedy agents and their precious Carlos Kickaballs then it's a mighty poor do. In fact it's the type of skewed thinking that is bringing the nation and the continent to it's knees.

1) That's not what I said at all is it?

2) I don't know, only time will tell that and they certainly have a lot of ground to make up. However an objective business observer with no vested interest as a fan in doing well on the pitch might well be of the view that the cost cutting and reduction in wages to turnover represent sensible business practice.

1) read what you typed, it reads to me that you said that Kean is a failure bar a turnaround that keeps us up. If I'm reading it wrong then I apologise.

2) I understand what your saying, but fundamentally disagree that this what has been attempted. Cutting costs is one thing, but they have increased costs substantially, look at operating losses in the accounts - this was covered by the money we got for Jones, the Samba money no doubt will cover the losses incurred since the accounts were done. Plus by cutting the playing squad they are just about to lose most of their TV income and take a big drop in ticket revenues, not withstanding the drop in income from finishing 10th under the trust to 16th, and probably 18/19th this. A lot of players were given big contracts under Venkys too. It just doesn't stand up that cost-cutting was a plan, more a matter of Barclays calling in money. To turn it around they would need to more or less do the opposite of what they have done since taking charge, investment and handing control to a expirienced football board of directors - a bit of nous that they have shown no sign whatsoever of having.

With their freeze-the-price-offer, I think it is so cynical the way they try to tempt everyone into buying their season tickets now, before we are technically relegated, even with a 30th april deadline, common! :rolleyes:

Atm relegation seems likely and no wonder they are desperate to get people to buy their season tickets now while we "are still in the Premier League".

Am I the only one who thinking this way, or are people grateful in general for their season ticket offer?

Hang on 47er, time for a reallity check here. In all fairness why should they? Why should anybody at any club endlessly chuck money in when each and every week the club is grossing a million quid on it's own bat? Thats 50m pa, 1m per week, a whopping 150k per day 7 days a week? If football as an industry can't think of a way out of ladelling never ending shovel fulls of money into the clutches of greedy agents and their precious Carlos Kickaballs then it's a mighty poor do. In fact it's the type of skewed thinking that is bringing the nation and the continent to it's knees.

I totally agree with you - nobody should expect owners to use their own money to support football clubs - though many supporters do. However - Venkys said at the time of the takeover that they would be putting in a "minimum" of £5m a season to support transfers etc.

Hang on Theno! Why should they? Because they said they would---pure and simple.DMTP is quite right.

I totally agree with you - nobody should expect owners to use their own money to support football clubs - though many supporters do. However - Venkys said at the time of the takeover that they would be putting in a "minimum" of £5m a season to support transfers etc.

They also said they would support the current managerial and backroom staff set up :tu:

With their freeze-the-price-offer, I think it is so cynical the way they try to tempt everyone into buying their season tickets now, before we are technically relegated, even with a 30th april deadline, common! :rolleyes:

Atm relegation seems likely and no wonder they are desperate to get people to buy their season tickets now while we "are still in the Premier League".

Am I the only one who thinking this way, or are people grateful in general for their season ticket offer?

The public wont be conned on this one.

Speculation on this thread last week from 3 posters, was that sales were somewhat less than 2,000, less than 1,500 and roundabout the 1,400 mark.

I understand that, unsurprisingly, there has been not much movement this week.

Think you will find that come 30 April, Rovers will issue a statement stating something like 'that in order to reward our loyal supporters, we are expanding the offer by a further month'.

If they don't and substantially put prices up then they will kill it !!!

IMO, the only strategy behind the offer was to try to generate cash and quickly because I think the club is still under enormous financial pressure - we've all heard the rumours about Kean having an 'appearance budget' for each week !!!

I actually thought initially that season ticket sales would fall to about 7,000 if we stayed up and fall to less than 5,000 if we went down. I believe that these numbers are too high and think the number will be somewhat less than 5,000 irrespective of what league we play our football in next season.

I actually thought initially that season ticket sales would fall to about 7,000 if we stayed up and fall to less than 5,000 if we went down. I believe that these numbers are too high and think the number will be somewhat less than 5,000 irrespective of what league we play our football in next season.

Says the guy who was prepared to take bets that less than 1000 would renew before 30th April, but never followed it up when people wanted to take him up on his offer. :unsure:

They also said they would support the current managerial and backroom staff set up :tu:

Best not to look too long at what they said they would do as part of the takeover - it would just depress us all.

I presume that they weren't legally binding - or surely somebody would have done something by now.

Says the guy who was prepared to take bets that less than 1000 would renew before 30th April, but never followed it up when people wanted to take him up on his offer. :unsure:

Anyone serious would have sent PM in order that we could have exchanged details.

Guess how many I had - none !!!

I can see the headlines now, the media will be loving it - "Fake fans abandon sinking ship" - whereas the truth of the matter is it's got nothing to do with the league we're in, more so who the manager is, or the owners are.

Get rid of Kean, and i'd pickup a season ticket again, stick with him and you can stick it up your ring.

Why should somebody hang their head in shame for renewing? Bit strong that...

I agree, you can't blame anyone for renewing in my book, Blackburn Rovers is all some people have so renewing is understandable. I don’t subscribe to the “Your supporting venkys and kean” they’re supporting Blackburn Rovers, venkys and kean and a bi-product of that.

I agree, you can't blame anyone for renewing in my book, Blackburn Rovers is all some people have so renewing is understandable. I don’t subscribe to the “Your supporting venkys and kean” they’re supporting Blackburn Rovers, venkys and kean and a bi-product of that.

I'm just following my team Gav. Dont like Kean, Venkys, infact most of the players. But i cant not go to the games. It's something i have done all my life, i'm not just going to stop going because i hate the regime.

Archived