BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

My father and I are renewing, rather reluctantly at the moment, at £225 for 23 league games (9.76 a game) its a no brainer, even if you only go to the big games (eg Burnley, Leeds, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Bolton?, Blackpool?, West Ham?)

:rover:

DONT DO IT !

We all have to be prepared to pay a far higher price now for the ultimate sacrifice, if that is you are a true Rovers supporter.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Utter bunkum Stu you are right

Wish folk would respect each others opinions a bit more, for me I don't feel like renewing right now but I'd never criticise someone for doing so

If you were the managing director of a company and the sales of your best selling product were falling dramatically what would you do.

1) Reduce the price

2) Freeze the price and hope sales recover

3) Increase the price

You might also do a bit of market research and find out the reason why your product was so unpopular so you could take action to improve your image

This whole thing is an incredibly demoralising experience. I have had a season ticket in the Riverside since I was 7 years old when my dad first took me. He had a season ticket in the same seat for 25 years, but vowed not to renew after last season until Kean went. At the time I thought he was being premature and was overreacting. I still thought that Venkys would eventually sack Kean if form did not improve on last season.

The events of this season have sadly proven my father right. Now thousands more will follow him out the door. People who have been going on Ewood since they were children but have to draw the line. Who can blame them?

I myself am trying desperately to retain some hope and determination that three clueless Indians and a Scottish conman WILL NOT stop me from doing what I have always done - watching Rovers. I was here long before them and will be here long after them to live with the consequences of THEIR actions. At the moment I will almost certainly renew, but am tempted to leave it until the eve of next season to see what horrors unfold over the summer break. If it means coughing up more cash then at least I won't have handed it over in April without a clue as to what is going to happen in the summer. That would be going straight into the trap.

Soon they will realise that if they want to sell more than 5,000 season tickets they will have to change their approach. Parachute payments may keep the club afloat in the short term but there will come a stage where ticket receipts become more and more important.

Another possibility is to just go to all the away games and none at Ewood. Expensive I know but at least that cash will be going to clubs who treat supporters with respect, not to the Indian Mafia.

This whole thing is an incredibly demoralising experience.....I myself am trying desperately to retain some hope and determination that three clueless Indians and a Scottish conman WILL NOT stop me from doing what I have always done - watching Rovers. I was here long before them and will be here long after them to live with the consequences of THEIR actions. At the moment I will almost certainly renew, but am tempted to leave it until the eve of next season to see what horrors unfold over the summer break. If it means coughing up more cash then at least I won't have handed it over in April without a clue as to what is going to happen in the summer. That would be going straight into the trap.

Soon they will realise that if they want to sell more than 5,000 season tickets they will have to change their approach. Parachute payments may keep the club afloat in the short term but there will come a stage where ticket receipts become more and more important.

I think a lot of people feel like this and it will be very interesting to see what the pricing policy is post 'early bird' - the marketing people at Ewood really will be in a difficult position when (er, I mean if) we are relegated.

I think a lot of people feel like this and it will be very interesting to see what the pricing policy is post 'early bird' - the marketing people at Ewood really will be in a difficult position when (er, I mean if) we are relegated.

If it's a huge hike in price they won't sell any even if Kean is sacked.

• Backroom

I agree it's a no win situation now.

A large increase and there is no chance of sales, no increase and early bird folk won't be happy.

I imagine the £225 tickets will become £250 or so as a middle ground

I agree it's a no win situation now.

A large increase and there is no chance of sales, no increase and early bird folk won't be happy.

I imagine the £225 tickets will become £250 or so as a middle ground

As flagged a few days ago, % increases I've heard bandied about are in 10% to 15% range dependent where you sit. Your £250 is probably spot-on for BBE with JW upper moving up to £460.

I imagine we will hear the great news that the early bird offer is extended first though Mercer

Think you are right, again, I flagged a few days ago that 31 May was a possibility. However, I think some have received texts saying that it wont be extended - IMO, they are just trying to expedite cash inflows as things are, I think, very, very tight unless, seemingly, your name is Kean (what was yesterday's trip all about) !

The thing for me is why cant they just say what the prices will be after, then people can make an informed decision about what they want to do? I can't think of many other clubs who offer an early bird system, but dont say what will happen after the deadline.

The thing for me is why cant they just say what the prices will be after, then people can make an informed decision about what they want to do? I can't think of many other clubs who offer an early bird system, but dont say what will happen after the deadline.

You are right - I am almost certain that the Rovers have also done this in the past.

You are right - I am almost certain that the Rovers have also done this in the past.

Also it means that in theory that after the deadline all the prices could reduce and them folk who took up the offer have paid a higher price. (I know this wont happen, but it could)

Because that would mean someone at `Rovers` making a decision.

• Backroom

I've only heard of an early bird deadline. Your seat should be safe for now. You in two minds?

The chances of one of the seven people renewing wanting your seat must be pretty slim

Seriously though I imagine sales are low as predicted or we would have heard something triumphant from the club

So why put out tweets about the price definitely increasing? Playing poker with disgruntled supporters in two minds whether to walk away? Could backfire - do they care?

Archived