BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Seriously though I imagine sales are low as predicted or we would have heard something triumphant from the club

I heard today from a reliable source it's 1800 so far which would seem to tally with what others have been saying about 1000 or 2000 at the most.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard today from a reliable source it's 1800 so far which would seem to tally with what others have been saying about 1000 or 2000 at the most.

It would be very interesting to see if any number of the supporters who have renewed then decided that they wanted their money back from the club. Wonder what impact that would have.

So why put out tweets about the price definitely increasing? Playing poker with disgruntled supporters in two minds whether to walk away? Could backfire - do they care?

Surely the answer to your last question is obvious....

If the 1800 figure is correct, and there is no reason to doubt it whatsoever, then we could be looking at average league crowds of 6000-7000 next season.

Lets assume we get relegated as expected and as expected Kean remains manager and Venkys even if they want to sell cannot. We may get a few more hundred, at most a thousand more, renewals before the end of April, maybe another couple of thousand buying buying over the summer. I actually cannot see us breaking the 5,000 season ticket barrier. This is a club that had 19,000 season ticket holders a couple of years ago. When the likes of Peterborough, Millwall, Ipswich and Watford come to town on a Tuesday night in December I shudder to think what the atmosphere will be like with a couple of hundred away supporters and 5,000 from Rovers.

Still, if that's the only way Venky's will learn that supporters do matter then so be it.

Ties-in with what I posted on here yesterday - heard it was less than 2,000.

Based on other postings, it seems that we've sold c400 only over the last two weeks.

I'd be amazed if we get past 2,000 now by end of April, the way results and performances are.

It's screaming at them now !

I've only heard of an early bird deadline. Your seat should be safe for now. You in two minds?

No, but would wait till the 'renew your seat' deadline if it was later, if it helps to put the panic on them that people wont renew.

If the 1800 figure is correct, and there is no reason to doubt it whatsoever, then we could be looking at average league crowds of 6000-7000 next season.

6000 average crowds next season??? Give over! Double it and you wont be far off.

6000 average crowds next season??? Give over! Double it and you wont be far off.

As a rule of thumb, however many ST holders we have, add 3000 matchday ticket buyers. For example we currently have around 15000 ST holders, ergo around 18000 home fans a match.

So if we do sell 5000 STs then around 8000 home fans at Ewood each week wouldn't be far off.

Happy days ay?

No, but would wait till the 'renew your seat' deadline if it was later, if it helps to put the panic on them that people wont renew.

And the prospect of 12,000 crowds is a cause for celebration? I don't even think Agnew could spin that as the public of the town backing the club.

:lol: I don't mean to make light of the situation, i'm as angry as the next person about this whole fiasco, but with comments like that you would think the new season start's next week!

I suspect a few more will be sold before the end of the month when folk get paid etc.

Think I'd almost have a grim satisfaction if the club went out of business thanks to all the "fans" proudly not renewing.

I hope satisfaction is the wrong word.

So your argument would be - continue to buy tickets to watch the match, no matter how many players are sold, no matter how much they continue to back Kean, no matter how little enjoyment there is from the matchday experience?

Presumably, people should just buy the ticket and then don't attend matches just to keep alive the memory of the institution that was once Blackburn Rovers?

I honestly cannot believe there are still people who level all of the blame and all of the guilt trips on the very fans who have been patronised, accused, disrespected, lied to, ignored, searched. When the fans are reacting (slowly) to what has happened over the last 18 months.

It's like being accused of a murder just because it hurts too much to go to a funeral.

Think I'd almost have a grim satisfaction if the club went out of business thanks to all the "fans" proudly not renewing.

Nobody is 'proud' of it from what I can see. The people I speak to about the state of the club are devestated, they feel withdrawing financial support is the only way to make their stand. Fans of 20, 30, 40, 50 years standing, who are you to doubt them as fans?

The club would 'go out of business' because of the owners losing it 90% of it's income- TELEVISION.

12000 yay bring on your Bollyewood dream.

I remember 5 thousand crowds hughsey so it not outrageous.

I hope satisfaction is the wrong word.

So your argument would be - continue to buy tickets to watch the match, no matter how many players are sold, no matter how much they continue to back Kean, no matter how little enjoyment there is from the matchday experience?

Presumably, people should just buy the ticket and then don't attend matches just to keep alive the memory of the institution that was once Blackburn Rovers?

I honestly cannot believe there are still people who level all of the blame and all of the guilt trips on the very fans who have been patronised, accused, disrespected, lied to, ignored, searched. When the fans are reacting (slowly) to what has happened over the last 18 months.

It's like being accused of a murder just because it hurts too much to go to a funeral.

Nope satisfaction almost sums it up. The enthusiastic relish for not renewing, mickey taking of our potential gates next season, and the scorn for those still going makes me feel sick. It'd be exactly what those posters deserve if Rovers went bust.

Course I'd still keep going, I'm a Rovers fan. And Rovers isn't dead at all, the exaggerations of our plight are beginning to get ridiculous. We have very bad owners, thats it. The extent of Venkys damage will be a few years in the Championship/League 1 until we can get rid of them. What happens then may well depend on the input, financial and otherwise, of our fans. Which will be worse the more people that quit the club now, because I can guarantee they won't all come back even when Venkys are gone.

I'm not blaming anything thats happened on the fans. I'm just saying that there's a very real possibility Rovers could go out of business as a result of relegation plus this mass exodus. And the tone of this thread makes it sound like everyone's doing a good thing for the club.

Nope satisfaction almost sums it up. The enthusiastic relish for not renewing, mickey taking of our potential gates next season, and the scorn for those still going makes me feel sick. It'd be exactly what those posters deserve if Rovers went bust.

If the lack of season tickets sold goes towards Venkys sacking Kean and put the club up for sale - for the benefit of the club - are you going to be apologising to the non-renewers?

If the lack of season tickets sold goes towards Venkys sacking Kean and put the club up for sale - for the benefit of the club - are you going to be apologising to the non-renewers?

It took 4 years for the Walker Trust to find a buyer at a time when we were mostly a top half PL club and had gates of 23-25,000. How long will it take to find a buyer for a (likely) bottom half Championship club with gates of less than 10,000? And how much will Rovers be worth by then, about £10m maybe? So will Venkys wanna make a £13m loss on their investment or will they just strip expenses down to the bare bones and carry on?

But yes if losing about 70% of our support somehow results in us having new owners, I'll apologise to the non-renewers. Providing they apologise to me if the club goes out of existence before then, or thank me and the other renewers for keeping it in existence if it doesn't.

So you don't think the loss of TV money (90% of our income) would be the reason for any future bankruptcy?

The fans are not to blame now and they wouldn't be to blame if the club went bust in the future.

I do not buy the logic that if, by not renewing, fans feel they can directly precipitate one possible consequence - Venky's selling - but have nothing to do with another possible consequence - administration.

The chances of low season ticket sales being the main cause of either is remote imo.

I do not buy the logic that if, by not renewing, fans feel they can directly precipitate one possible consequence - Venky's selling - but have nothing to do with another possible consequence - administration.

The chances of low season ticket sales being the main cause of either is remote imo.

Agreed, but for Toady to dish out some pre-emptive blame for our administration on the fans is rather odd.

Agreed, but for Toady to dish out some pre-emptive blame for our administration on the fans is rather odd.

I would assume he feels the need to provide some balance to the many on here lambasting renewers as directly contributing to Venky's deciding not to sell up, an equally remote possibility.

Archived