BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Cue Jal, thernodrog, mercerman, 47er etc telling Paul to hang his head in shame. Top post Paul, brillient.

Paul can do what he likes. So can you.

Personally I rail against funding in any way a set of pampered millionaires both in the boardroom and on the pitch who have no real connection with Blackburn and who will drop BRFC like a hot potato as soon as it no longer serves their financial interests. I made my mind up last season not to renew as doing so would help finance a set of liars whose intentions and motives I suspect are not beneficial to BRFC. Truth is I don't really miss the match experience any more as I thought I would. Best way to describe it is that it's just like giving up a minor addiction, tough at first but easier with every subsequent week. Today I caught the final 15 mins on the radio. Up until then I had been sawing and splitting firewood logs most of the afternoon. Daft as it may seem I actually enjoy doing stuff like that more than sitting at Ewood watching an increasingly futile and now annual relegation battle. Watching BRFC last season was like watching an old friend afflicted with a terminal illness.

You are obviously a much better supporter than I but what you and others need to do Mark is to take a step back and view from afar and you will come to see how the money men are playing with your emotions to bleed you dry. It's not just here either it's the entire Premier League / Champions League etc etc. Football supporters all round are being bled dry. The game has become corrupt which since the abolishment of the maximum wage in the mid 60's is of course nothing new but the scale of it has snowballed wildly in recent years.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't say you'd met Hughesy pal.

Wasnt me.

But talking about the ones around you at the ground.....The 3 directly behind me have all renewed, the one to the left of me has, me and the missu will be doing this week, and 4 to the right will all be renewing but havent yet (making venkys sweat) and the bloke infront of me has.

Not one of will quit if we go down either.

Ditto. There are memories yet to be made.

There are indeed 'mum'. I have vivid memories of younger days watching the Rovers fall from grace. From going from watching the likes of Dougie, Clayton, Woods, McGrath, Pickering, England, Newton and the rest to watching household names like Terry Shanahan, Gerry Farrell, Barry Endean, John O'Mara, Don Hutchins and any number of other distinctly mediocre players. The joy of finding ramshackled grounds that we'd never visited before at places like Halifax, Rochdale, Oldham, Port Vale, Southport, Watford etc. The excitement of being drawn against the likes of Willington, Altricham and Matlock in the early rounds of the Cup. The overwhelming thrill of signing players like John Radford and John Aston - players who had enjoyed wonderful reputations in the past but who turned up at Ewood on ageing, rather creaky legs for one last payday.

All of this was experienced when the club had people in the boardroom who actually cared about the club. I have not doubt that the lunes in Pune will make these memories appear like halcyon days. One can hardly wait!

Same here Scott, suppose it's who you know hey? But talking to folk who i travel with, sit around & folk who i go away games with they all seem to be renewing, and give over thernodrog nobody is penis waving about being a better supporter, i do however think that sometimes folk look for a reason not to go, and this could be that for them. Not aimed at you of course.

Hard to believe some of the renewal figures mentioned. A hefty proportion of existing holders will renew - though they may leave it till after the season has finished.

Personally reckon ST sales will be in the region of 8-9k if both Venkys and Kean remain, 12-13k if one or both go.

(Assuming we go down) If Kean & Venkys remain I would reckon on starting gates of around 12,000 depending on away fans. If by any miracle the club is challenging for promotion around 16-17k and if we're heading downwards, around 10k.

If both have gone, I think gates may hold up reasonably well next season, possibly around 18k - more if we are challenging.

Pure guesswork of course...

Hard to believe some of the renewal figures mentioned. A hefty proportion of existing holders will renew - though they may leave it till after the season has finished.

Personally reckon ST sales will be in the region of 8-9k if both Venkys and Kean remain, 12-13k if one or both go.

(Assuming we go down) If Kean & Venkys remain I would reckon on starting gates of around 12,000 depending on away fans. If by any miracle the club is challenging for promotion around 16-17k and if we're heading downwards, around 10k.

If both have gone, I think gates may hold up reasonably well next season, possibly around 18k - more if we are challenging.

Pure guesswork of course...

Asking around yesterday I would say you are probably about right. Maybe slightly less.

One of my friends supports Bury. He has supported them for years, and will still be there come rain or shine. He'd love a bit of what Rovers fans have had and he has to travel some distance for his club, but he'll be there nonethess.

Parson, you know better than most there will be ups and downs in supporting a football club. Indeed you have just said so. Perhaps Rovers fans have been spoiled - there are very few Jack Walkers about and even he had his glitches (relegation?). What is happening to Rovers is a new experience, granted not very pleasant at the moment, and different I agree, but the basis of it all is still Blackburn Rovers.

Many fans would love to have half of the memories that Rovers fans do. A fair percentage of them are stuck in the hard times and unlikely to get out - ever. Many clubs will not survive.

I have no idea what the future will bring for Rovers. However, I'm not going to sulk about it. To be fair, there comes a time in people's lives when they feel something is no longer worth while. If those who are not renewing their season tickets feel that way, that is their choice. One day it may be mine, but for the moment I'm going to stick around.

One of my friends supports Bury. He has supported them for years, and will still be there come rain or shine. He'd love a bit of what Rovers fans have had and he has to travel some distance for his club, but he'll be there nonethess.

Parson, you know better than most there will be ups and downs in supporting a football club. Indeed you have just said so. Perhaps Rovers fans have been spoiled - there are very few Jack Walkers about and even he had his glitches (relegation?). What is happening to Rovers is a new experience, granted not very pleasant at the moment, and different I agree, but the basis of it all is still Blackburn Rovers.

Many fans would love to have half of the memories that Rovers fans do. A fair percentage of them are stuck in the hard times and unlikely to get out - ever. Many clubs will not survive.

I have no idea what the future will bring for Rovers. However, I'm not going to sulk about it. To be fair, there comes a time in people's lives when they feel something is no longer worth while. If those who are not renewing their season tickets feel that way, that is their choice. One day it may be mine, but for the moment I'm going to stick around.

I think your on the wrong page of this story.

Many fans accept relegation would happen eventually, but people do not want to go now (including me) because of the way the club has been systematically destroyed, ripped to shreds and the pure amount of corruption.

If they bugger off during the summer I'll be at that ticket office quicker than you can say venkys out.

For the time being though, I'm not having the ###### taken out of me or my club at a cost of £225.

If people are happy to give money to Venky's and pay for that vile individual Kean's wages that's their prerogative. On this argument that Rovers have had it good in recent years and fans should be grateful for it, well yes that is true to an extent but we as fans don't deserve what is happening at the club right now. Just because we have had plenty of good times doesn't mean that we cannot complain when the club is being destroyed because of bad choices being made in front of our very eyes.

This whole situation could and should have been avoided, that's why fans are deeply unhappy. If Rovers had decent owners who ran the club in a professional way then the prospect of relegation whilst upsetting wouldn't be seen as a nail in the coffin. As it stands we are in for more of the same next season whether that's in the Premier League or in the Championship.

Personally I rail against funding in any way a set of pampered millionaires both in the boardroom and on the pitch who have no real connection with Blackburn and who will drop BRFC like a hot potato as soon as it no longer serves their financial interests.

Football supporters all round are being bled dry.

It is entirely up to you whether you renew or not - but the millionaires on the pitch have been long removed from BRFC - and have been since the start of the Premiership gravy train. As for the millionaires in the boardroom - sorry I don't see how this really benefits them - at best (with prudent housekeeping) Rovers will only break even irrespective of who buys a season ticket.

As for your final point - I do agree - but Rovers are one of the few clubs who now sell reasonably priced ST's. I would be curious as to whether you pay a Sky subscription - as that rips off football fans as much as football clubs themselves do.

What is happening to Rovers is a new experience, granted not very pleasant at the moment, and different I agree, but the basis of it all is still Blackburn Rovers.

Funnily enough, I was talking to a friend yesterday before the game who is a lifelong supporter and we were discussing this very point. He made the point that although we will always support the Rovers at the moment it no longer feels like our club and I think for many of us that is the crucial point. We talked about Bill Bancroft and Bill Fox and how we never faltered in out support of the club because we felt that these guys who were chairmen were Rovers to the core. We had no money, times were grim, but we felt that it was our club and that we all cared with the same passion. Sadly, I don't know many who believe that our present owners give a toss about the club and that the drive to cut costs has ultimately cost us our Premier League existence.

You are absolutely right when you say what is happening to the Rovers is a new experience. For the first time in over half-a-century (how that makes me feel old) of supporting the Rovers I actually no longer feel part of the club and, sadly, I'm not alone in that feeling and I suspect that is why so many are struggling with the decision with regard to renewing season tickets.

I am waiting for Kean to go.

I can cope with being in the Championship - and the fact we will need to sell most of our star players (which would have happened under Venky's or not) - but we need to be competitive, which with Kean at the helm I really doubt.

You are absolutely right when you say what is happening to the Rovers is a new experience. For the first time in over half-a-century (how that makes me feel old) of supporting the Rovers I actually no longer feel part of the club and, sadly, I'm not alone in that feeling and I suspect that is why so many are struggling with the decision with regard to renewing season tickets.

Why do you no longer feel part of the club ?

Or to flip it around - why did you feel part of the club prior to the Venky's when we still had over paid footballers with no real connection to Blackburn (other than their pay cheque) - faceless owners - and we still had agents (though without their current influence.

The only real difference was John Williams - but why that would make you feel more part of the club ?

It is an honest question - as I am curious as to what drives our emotions. For what it is worth - I do partly agree with, but for me it start when money became king.

Or to flip it around - why did you feel part of the club prior to the Venky's when we still had over paid footballers with no real connection to Blackburn (other than their pay cheque) - faceless owners - and we still had agents (though without their current influence.

The only real difference was John Williams - but why that would make you feel more part of the club ?

It is an honest question - as I am curious as to what drives our emotions. For what it is worth - I do partly agree with, but for me it start when money became king.

I have been watching the Rovers since 1969 , and we weren't very good ..

We only celebrated in 75 and 80 getting promotion from the old 3rd division..We won the Full members in 87 too.

But the common denominator was the Board who ever it was (Bill Bancroft , Derrick Keighley, David Brown , Bill Fox ,Terry Ibbotson and Jack Walker) always cared about the club ..WE did hire bad managers Iley , Ince and Kidd spring to mind ..But they were sacked , Kean is keeping his job for non footballing reasons and this is wrong !!!!

I have been a season ticket holder for 31 seasons , no more til Venkys go and I will not even go on Ewood Park after the Wigan game until Kean is sacked ..

The man is odious and someone is advising him very cleverly....Be it Agnew , Anderson or the owners all of these people have to go ASAP ..

I have said before , I would welcome a 3rd spell in the 3rd division if the above characters were no longer in situ !

The guys I travel to matches with and most people sat around me will be renewing. The popular view being that they would miss Rovers too much by not attending.

This unconditional love for the Club is far stronger than the problems created by poor ownership, overpaid players, dodgy agents etc.

When you see others needlessly destroying something that is working extremely well, - wont talk to you, employ people who take no responsibility for their own actions and indeed try to put that responsibility back to you, - you could never feel part of that, could you?

I couldn't.

Do the owners want us to be part if it is another question you might ask yourself. Well, they haven't spoken since last October and where was the chairman's message in the renewal pack, - in fact where was anyone's message adressing where they want to take the club from here on in? Nothing suggests to me that the Raos give tuppence for the fans.

IMO, the club was sold to the Raos on the basis of what the club could do for them, rather than what they could do for the club. That's why many fans don't feel part of it DMTP.

I have been watching the Rovers since 1969 , and we weren't very good ..

We only celebrated in 75 and 80 getting promotion from the old 3rd division..We won the Full members in 87 too.

But the common denominator was the Board who ever it was (Bill Bancroft , Derrick Keighley, David Brown , Bill Fox ,Terry Ibbotson and Jack Walker) always cared about the club ..WE did hire bad managers Iley , Ince and Kidd spring to mind ..But they were sacked , Kean is keeping his job for non footballing reasons and this is wrong !!!!

I have been a season ticket holder for 31 seasons , no more til Venkys go and I will not even go on Ewood Park after the Wigan game until Kean is sacked ..

The man is odious and someone is advising him very cleverly....Be it Agnew , Anderson or the owners all of these people have to go ASAP ..

I have said before , I would welcome a 3rd spell in the 3rd division if the above characters were no longer in situ !

That about sums it up for me as well.

I`ve been watching Rovers for around 35 years but after this season, my son and I and my Brother-in-law will not be renewing our season tickets until Kean or Venky`s (preferably both) are gone.

They have turned Rovers into a laughing stock with their antics and the fact they don`t even care whether we stay in the Premier league or get relegated is too much for me to stomach.

Sadly Monday 7th May will be my last game at Ewood for a long time because Venky`s are too thick to see what`s going on.

This is a very good question and one that is difficult to answer. I think it goes back to being a kid. I was taken to Ewood by my Dad and Grandad and it was just a part of my life. In those days you supported your "local" team. I grew up watching the likes of Dougie, Clayton and Woods and hearing stories of the likes of Crompton, Campbell, Puddefoot and the rest. One became immersed in the history of the club and so I have always felt part of it.

This feeling of being "part of the club" grew as I became older, particularly during difficult times when both Bill Bancroft and Bill Fox represented "fans" in the boardroom who were charged with looking after the well being of the club. Jack, of course, had the money to take the club forward in a manner which we had been only able to dream about. However, Jack was first and foremost a fan, a supporter, one of us as it were.

Although John Williams and Tom Finn were not brought up with the Rovers they quickly became immersed in the traditions and values of the club. With the Trust we had David Brown, who lived locally, who was the link between the Trust and club and, of course, John Williams and Tom Finn visited Jersey several times a year to discuss the club. The Trust had the good sense to keep people on the ground who knew how the club worked and who were able to tap into the community feel of the club.

Personally, I have no problem with players coming from outside the town, living outside the town, or, indeed, being paid what they are paid. Let's not forget that the reason why the Rovers emerged from the numerous clubs that were in the town and surrounding area in the 1880s is because the people who ran the club were prepared to offer money to Scottish mercenaries at a time when professionalism was illegal. The clubs fortunes were built on the backbone of Suter, Douglas, McIntyre etc. So in that respect money has always been king. Indeed, but for money we might well be supporting Blackburn Olympic and not Blackburn Rovers.

As for the present owners I really don't know why they bought the club. Desai clearly has no interest in football and it was obviously a purely business proposition. They have no ties to the area, they clearly have no feel for the town or community. They arrived at Ewood because they clearly thought their was something to be gained for their core business back in India by owing a football club. I guess foreign ownership is the way football is going and whilst I suppose I was ambilvent to it happening at other clubs I feel more strongly now it is happening here. I don't feel part of it anymore, I find the over the top policing and stewarding that we have seen this season somewhat uncomfortable. I don't believe that the people who are now running the club at Ewood have any interest in forming links with the supporters, I believe they merely see us as a cash cow that needs to be milked. You may argue that it was ever thus but it never felt like it to me. I suppose it's all about perception and my perception is that it just doesn't feel like my club any longer.

I will always support the club but, at the moment, there is something missing for me that gave the Rovers a special place in my life for the past 51 years.

I am not too sure that I will miss being at Ewood next season, the fact atht we managed to beat Norwich does not change my view that KEAn is a complete prat, a despicable effort at being a human being and a complete fraud when it comes to being a football manager.

I still wont renew my ticket unless he has been sacked or removed. The current owneers mean nothing to me and nothing but embarassment to be mentioned in the same breath as Ewood PArk/BRFC.

Steve Kean and the current owners have totally destroyed the Blackburn Rovers brand that I have been brought up on over 41 and a half years. Thats a very hard pill to swallow and is the main reason why I wont spend my money any time soon. I will always and forever love my club but it doesnt mean that every saturday I have to venture onto the ground. So for me unless there is a change then the current set up can take a running jump.

The inadaquces shown by these idiots has cost the club big time and indeed will cost them financially as well. The whole club will now suffer, the academy will go and so on because they wont have the funding and that is the real shame becasue we look like we have some real talented people in the back ground. Keans futile attempts at managing will forever mean this club has been destoyed.

It will take many many years to repair and for those thinking it will be a quick return take a look at Coventry, they ar ethe example that will become BRFC.

KEAN AND CO YOU ARE A DESPICABLE, LYING, TALENTLESS BUNCH OF SCUM THAT I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF SETTING MY EYES UPON AND BELIEVE ME I HAVE COME ACROSS THE DREGS OF THIS SOCIETY, YOU ARE ALL BENEATH THAT LEVEL.

I've been going as long as the likes of Parson. I remember Terry Shanahan and Gerry Farrell coming on loan and the ######-hole that was The Shay. I've seen us go down several times from 1966 onwards. Was I there the next season ? Of course I was. Did the light burn as bright inspite of the lower level of playing staff ? Of course it did. Did I get that same thrill of pride when the ground came in to sight ? Of Course I did. In the past the people running the club were busting a gut to see us thrive. Did they make mistakes ? Obviously, that's why we were relegated several times. Did they wllfully take courses of action that were not in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers ? Not to my knowledge. What's the difference this time ?

That's not what we've got at the moment. People charged with running the club at all levels are knowingly and wilfully taking courses of action that are in their own interests and not in the interests of Blackburn Rovers. I always thought directors of any business were legally bound to do their best to see that business succeed. Obviously this doesn't apply to those running our club. That's what sticks in my gullet. We're giving money to people whose very actions are killing the club. That's the difference.

Yesterday was my last game at Ewood as I will now miss the Wigan game due to the change of date. I am sticking to my beliefs that Venkys are poison in our Blue & White blood and I will not let them have my money when they are not prepared to invest any of theirs !

I despise what they and Kean have done to our club and will not return until they are gone !

So roll on next season and away days in the Championship

Archived