BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Not at all pal. Unless you can quote somewhere I've said that?

No need to quote, DE4, just impressions i have of various posters on here. There are plenty who think those who are renewing are against the protesters.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No need to quote, DE4, just impressions i have of various posters on here. There are plenty who think those who are renewing are against the protesters.

Not me mate, a few pages back I said nobody should judge anybody renewing or otherwise.

The fans at Ewood are just quiet. Always have been. I'd be stunned if there was any form of sustained 'Venky's Out' protest unless we were in the relegation zone.

I've renewed mine.

I was there when we were ###### in the '80s. I'll be there now we are ###### in the 2010's

That made me chuckle sjsbrfc, but i'd like to think we were'nt too bad in the 80's.

I have some fantastic memories from then, some great players and great matches.

Not me mate, a few pages back I said nobody should judge anybody renewing or otherwise.

The fans at Ewood are just quiet. Always have been. I'd be stunned if there was any form of sustained 'Venky's Out' protest unless we were in the relegation zone.

Nothing aimed at you DE4, as i actually agree with you. The atmosphere is shot at Ewood and has been for a number of years.

What do you think the chances of us actually doing ok are then, at least there might be an atmosphere then !

I've renewed mine.

I was there when we were ###### in the '80s. I'll be there now we are ###### in the 2010's

Fair comment and its entirely your choice but remember one thing and remember it well..even back in the 80's when the club had not a pot to p!ss in we still had owners who did their very best for this club and its fans,we had pride and respect in those people.

This lot in charge now are not fit to shine their shoes.

• Backroom

Nothing aimed at you DE4, as i actually agree with you. The atmosphere is shot at Ewood and has been for a number of years.

What do you think the chances of us actually doing ok are then, at least there might be an atmosphere then !

Depends entirely on what happens during the summer. If Kean and Venky's stay I think we'll face another relegation battle as we sell all of our decent players and promote the youth players far too early. If the owners move on and we get somebody half-decent in as manager I think we'd sit comfortably mid table as the Championship usually has 3 or 4 extremely poor teams and we won't be on that level yet. Considering our problems right now, if we do get relegated I would quite happily take the second scenario.

Depends entirely on what happens during the summer. If Kean and Venky's stay I think we'll face another relegation battle as we sell all of our decent players and promote the youth players far too early. If the owners move on and we get somebody half-decent in as manager I think we'd sit comfortably mid table as the Championship usually has 3 or 4 extremely poor teams and we won't be on that level yet. Considering our problems right now, if we do get relegated I would quite happily take the second scenario.

I think i the 2nd scenario is going to be everyone's choice, after we get relegated.

I cant see it happening though because i just can't see them getting rid of Kean.

Never in football have i known someone do so badly as a manager and survive this long. There is definatly something a miss.

I seriously, seriously doubt you will get any significant amount of people chanting for Venky's Out during most of next season should they still be here. It's been hard enough to get people to do it whilst we're in absolute crisis - as long as we're plodding along outside the relegation zone in the Championship I doubt there will be much noise at all.

If we're in the relegation places, maybe. But I still wouldn't put money on it.

Interesting question that. I think Venkys got away with it this season because pre-christmas Kean was the target, then we started doing quite well and nobody was the target, and now we're badly again its the relegation run-in and some fans would rather concentrate on supporting the team.

But as you say if this topic is an accurate indication, about 6,000 of the most hardcore protestors won't be coming this season. Add them to the 3,000 that stopped going after last season and thats a lot of dissenting voices absent. I think if we stay in the top half next season the fans still there will accept it, but if we slip into the bottom half things will start up again.

Well I succumbed . The lad wanted to come and after long and hard deliberations I got two. I will still protest and deep down I love rovers too much to walk away . I hate kean and his scummy mates more than burnley . When we rise again and I'm dead and the young Uns sing where were you when you was ###### ., my great great grandkids say my family were here. As they were when we was ###### before. Dong blame anyone for not renewing but if I stopped I wouldn't come back ... EVER

Well Done Abbey. I agree completely. I too worry that if people 'give up' and say they will return....the result will be that they move on and take any hope of the next generation continuing to support 'our' Club.

Plus Phil Jones 2mn pounds for winning the PL is equivalent to 9,000 Season Tickets.ST income is minimal. The dissidents are aiming at the wrong target.

Following the sustained Venky's Out chants at the Norwich game I believe the best way to get them out is to continue to chant at every game next season until they go, especially if they can be bothered to attend any games.

I also agree this is a key point.

Non-renewing to deprive the owners of funds comes at a price: it also deprives the non-renewer of a voice and chance, however remote, to influence events at the ground during a match.

Once you don't renew you do not join a pressure group of "Do this and we'll come back" fans, you just become one of the vast majority of the local population who are irrelevant to the club no matter who owns it. No-one tried very hard to tempt back the 1960 cup final stayaways, who were eventually replaced by a new generation of fans.

IMO, 90 mins of chanting We Want Venky's Out at the Wigan game will have far more impact than depriving people who are multi-millionaires many times over of 300 quid, but I can appreciate it is, of course, a personal decision for all concerned

I really don’t see 8-9k missing season ticket holders will have much impact on the idiots in Pune. But simply the people who will not be renewing, will be doing it for themselves, and not to impact on the current regime anyway. I feel turning up week in week out shows you’re in some way supporting what the owners and manager are trying to achieve, and that’s just not true.

I also agree this is a key point.

Non-renewing to deprive the owners of funds comes at a price: it also deprives the non-renewer of a voice and chance, however remote, to influence events at the ground during a match.

Once you don't renew you do not join a pressure group of "Do this and we'll come back" fans, you just become one of the vast majority of the local population who are irrelevant to the club no matter who owns it. No-one tried very hard to tempt back the 1960 cup final stayaways, who were eventually replaced by a new generation of fans.

IMO, 90 mins of chanting We Want Venky's Out at the Wigan game will have far more impact than depriving people who are multi-millionaires many times over of 300 quid, but I can appreciate it is, of course, a personal decision for all concerned

How far should people take this? Should they renew in a year's time if we have another season of disgrace? It is up to the individual but what's the point of paying to "have a voice" we patently don't have?

Being able to shout your opinion once a fortnight (once you've lined up to be searched and had your banner confiscated) doesn't cut it with me.

At what point, in your view, should people say "enough is enough"?

Without the premier league money.....supporters not renewing only hurts the club further.....the club you are supposed to be a supporter of.

Why would anyone want to hurt their own club and increase the risk of us failing to get back up?

(Tin hat on)

Without the premier league money.....supporters not renewing only hurts the club further.....the club you are supposed to be a supporter of.

Why would anyone want to hurt their own club and increase the risk of us failing to get back up?

(Tin hat on)

Because its not our club till Venkys have gone.

The thing is, most people recognised that the 45 seconds of sustained Venkys Out chanting on Saturday was more potent than any March or protest so far. What is needed is something more direct and less esoteric. Right now, another round of that kind of chanting at the Wigan game is as good as it is going to get in terms of effectiveness. If everyone who wants to see Venkys leave the club chanted again in a similar manner that night I would see that as progress. I will be there and I will be joining in.

How far should people take this? Should they renew in a year's time if we have another season of disgrace? It is up to the individual but what's the point of paying to "have a voice" we patently don't have?

Being able to shout your opinion once a fortnight (once you've lined up to be searched and had your banner confiscated) doesn't cut it with me.

At what point, in your view, should people say "enough is enough"?

It entirely depends if you see your action ( or non-action in not renewing) as a tool to influence the outcome of club ownership or as a final walking away, no matter what happens after.

Anyone who wants to walk away should walk away and frankly stop going on about it. Walk away instead of "I will, I mean it this time, you're not going to stop me..."

Anyone who sees it as a temporary measure unless and until we get new owners should just bear in mind that the club cannot and will not differentiate between that and the gone forevers so tactial non-renewers will become impotent spectators in the club's outcome. You may feel you are that now but I'm an optimist; just because nothing has worked so far just means we haven't yet come up with the thing that will work. Disengagement though is a very poor weapon indeed.

The thing is, most people recognised that the 45 seconds of sustained Venkys Out chanting on Saturday was more potent than any March or protest so far. What is needed is something more direct and less esoteric. Right now, another round of that kind of chanting at the Wigan game is as good as it is going to get in terms of effectiveness. If everyone who wants to see Venkys leave the club chanted again in a similar manner that night I would see that as progress. I will be there and I will be joining in.

Disagree pal hence the propaganda and Media war being run against anyone against the scum.

Just renewed ours.

I asked the lady; "How's the sales' going?" and was met with a nervous "Err.. not bad."

After more coercing, she then volunteered the information that ;"Claim your own seat deadline has not been decided, ST's will definitely go up, but no prices confirmed yet"

Just renewed ours.

I asked the lady; "How's the sales' going?" and was met with a nervous "Err.. not bad."

After more coercing, she then volunteered the information that ;"Claim your own seat deadline has not been decided, ST's will definitely go up, but no prices confirmed yet"

I just cannot fathom this two tier price structure.

Any waverers after the 30th April are now much more likely to say 'bugger this' when they see a price rise.

(Tin hat on)

On the other hand Hughesy, it can be comprehensively argued that the owners would see season ticket sales holding up, as support for the way they have run the club so far. We have absolutely no reason to think that the Raos will change their ways. We have absolutely no reason to think that they are prepared to put any money into the club whatsoever. We do have reason to think they wouldn't be too concerned to see the club sink even further. If the Raos really were minded that way, then they will do far more damage to BRFC than any stay away fan could ever do.

If and when they show that they are changing, is the day that I'll consider a ST.

I just cannot fathom this two tier price structure.

Any waverers after the 30th April are now much more likely to say 'bugger this' when they see a price rise.

There was only one real way for them to go Matty. Offer the season tickets at last season's price throughout the summer and talk to the fans about their intentions for the club. Two tier prices are just another sign that the club don't understand their customers any more.

It entirely depends if you see your action ( or non-action in not renewing) as a tool to influence the outcome of club ownership or as a final walking away, no matter what happens after.

Anyone who wants to walk away should walk away and frankly stop going on about it. Walk away instead of "I will, I mean it this time, you're not going to stop me..."

Anyone who sees it as a temporary measure unless and until we get new owners should just bear in mind that the club cannot and will not differentiate between that and the gone forevers so tactial non-renewers will become impotent spectators in the club's outcome. You may feel you are that now but I'm an optimist; just because nothing has worked so far just means we haven't yet come up with the thing that will work. Disengagement though is a very poor weapon indeed.

Going on about it?!! Its a discussion thread in which I'm responding to you! If nobody replies then there's no thread!

As you replied to my post--are you not going on about it?

Expected answer.....

So if Venkys leave in December and sell to BRSIT then what??

Then it will be our club again--I assume. Some people will find they don't miss it though.

Some people are already finding that.

Archived