BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Living week to week, hand to mouth as the club is, I would not be at all surprised if they'd factored in an amount for say a bank repayment or wages or whatever and expected several thousand season tickets to cover it.

The timing of the offer was extremely odd.

The poor response might set off a panic :tu:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not renewing my sons and mine. He knows and fully agrees about not contributing towards the people bringing about the death of this once great club. Instead we will be doing as many away games as is possible.

I feel intimidated.

Renew your season ticket by the end of April at this ridiculously low price or else you'll have to pay a fortune if you want one later.

Where is the nice package we used to get when JW was chairman?

What about those who want to change seats and have to wait to do so until (e.g.) June 15th? No consideration for them.

Venky's can go and take a running jump.......(hopefully into oblivion)

At the end of the day, if you hang fire and they bang it up by 20% or so, it is balanced out by the extra games in the championship.

Keep you powder dry till next season...

After a month of serious soul searching about renewing I finally went down and renewed my season ticket yesterday. I did it with a heavy heart and for the first time in 51 years of supporting them I did so with absolutely no enthusiasm whatsoever. I genuinely believe that Kean and Venky's will still be here next season. I'm totally convinced that in twelve months time we will be battling to stay in the Championship and avoid another relegation. But, ultimately, I've supported this club since 1961, I've seen good times and bad. I agree with those who state that this is the worst of times and it is. I have never experienced a time when supporters felt so devoid of hope, when the powers that be at Ewood actively sought to drive a wedge between the fanbase and, of course, words can't explain how I feel about owners who have brought my club to it's knees.

I know many who are not renewing and completely understand the reasons why. Indeed, it's taken me a month to summon up the will to go down and renew. Desai and the "Brothers Grimm" have brought the club to its knees and like so many others I suspect they will do more damage before they finally scuttle back to India having bled the club dry.

However, when they are but a distant memory, nothing more than a dark stain on the history of a once proud club, I hope that the town can, once again, be proud of it's football club instead of being shamed by owners who would appear to have betrayed everything that it represents. I know that there will be those who believe I've done the wrong thing giving this Indian mob my money and I too feel desperately unhappy about them getting my cash but, after 51 years, I suppose I wasn't strong enough to break the ties that I have with the club.

The fact that I feel to need to apologise for buying a season ticket says it all really.

After a month of serious soul searching about renewing I finally went down and renewed my season ticket yesterday. I did it with a heavy heart and for the first time in 51 years of supporting them I did so with absolutely no enthusiasm whatsoever. I genuinely believe that Kean and Venky's will still be here next season. I'm totally convinced that in twelve months time we will be battling to stay in the Championship and avoid another relegation. But, ultimately, I've supported this club since 1961, I've seen good times and bad. I agree with those who state that this is the worst of times and it is. I have never experienced a time when supporters felt so devoid of hope, when the powers that be at Ewood actively sought to drive a wedge between the fanbase and, of course, words can't explain how I feel about owners who have brought my club to it's knees.

I know many who are not renewing and completely understand the reasons why. Indeed, it's taken me a month to summon up the will to go down and renew. Desai and the "Brothers Grimm" have brought the club to its knees and like so many others I suspect they will do more damage before they finally scuttle back to India having bled the club dry.

However, when they are but a distant memory, nothing more than a dark stain on the history of a once proud club, I hope that the town can, once again, be proud of it's football club instead of being shamed by owners who would appear to have betrayed everything that it represents. I know that there will be those who believe I've done the wrong thing giving this Indian mob my money and I too feel desperately unhappy about them getting my cash but, after 51 years, I suppose I wasn't strong enough to break the ties that I have with the club.

The fact that I feel to need to apologise for buying a season ticket says it all really.

No apology needed.

• Moderation Lead

Superb post. Sums up my feeling on the matter entirely (though, not the 51 years of support, I'm only 27!!)

Living week to week, hand to mouth as the club is, I would not be at all surprised if they'd factored in an amount for say a bank repayment or wages or whatever and expected several thousand season tickets to cover it.

The timing of the offer was extremely odd.

The poor response might set off a panic :tu:

I'm beginning to think it isn't a major issue. There is something major about the BRFC issue that I am missing somewhere. Money laundering? Fraud? by persons unknown I dunno but something simply just does not stack up. The level of incompetence which we have witnessed must be intentional. But why?

Jack Walker upper :wacko: disgusted :angry2:

I don't know whats worse, buying a season ticket or sitting in the JW upper :D

I agree to an extent :lol: But the atmosphere in the Blackburn End is dire these days. Whilst there is nothing like being behind the goals when the ball goes in, you get a much better idea of how the play is developing, tactics etc from the side. We'll liven things up!

Each must make their own decision PB so this is not meant as a critiscism for your action. I have wrestled with my own conscience on this but reached a different conclusion and even though I have never missed being present for at least some parts of every single season since the first one after WW2 (1946/47) and all of the vast majority, I just CANNOT and WILL NOT allow these people to take my money ever again.

Consequently this means that not only will I not be renewing my S/T this season, but also that I will never again pass through the gates of Ewood Park until MY CLUB is rid of the Venkys and ALL their entourage and attachments. IF that happy day ever comes round within the time I am still able to make the journey down from Fife then I will rejoice as never before and rejoin the faithful once more. That's basically it for me. I live in hope!

• Backroom

Wonder if today's performance will persuade a few people to take up the early bird offer before it expires? :rolleyes:

God knows why you'd want to put yourself through that again next season in the Championship.

I have grown up since Steve.

Yeah. I hate that part about life.

So you wanted Williams out (a much bigger loss than Allardyce) - guess that makes you an uber-cretin?

For the love of all that's holy - sacking Sam IS NOT the reason we are where we are today - replacing him with, and stubbornly sticking with (despite consistently bad results) someone as utterly inept as Kean IS.

You seem reasonably intelligent, so why are you and your little chum Drog finding this so hard to grasp??

To get Kean, Allardyce first had to be removed. If Allardyce was not removed, Kean would not be in place.

Yes, it is theoretically possible that Allardyce could have been removed and a better manager would have been installed. All factors considered, including quality of our squad, reputation, transfer fees available and our petty-minded owners, getting a better manager than Allardyce was unlikely.

I personally thought the handwriting was on the wall when they removed Allardyce as it breached their undertaking to the Trust. Which indicated that all their other words, spoken and written, were nothing to rely upon.

So it was far more likely to acquire a lower quality of manager, if Allardyce was removed. Which some suspected from the onset. So Jim and Theno are well within their rights to criticize those persons who wanted Allardyce out. It is the source of our trouble, magnified when Williams was forced out.

Yeah. I hate that part about life.

To get Kean, Allardyce first had to be removed. If Allardyce was not removed, Kean would not be in place.

Yes, it is theoretically possible that Allardyce could have been removed and a better manager would have been installed. All factors considered, including quality of our squad, reputation, transfer fees available and our petty-minded owners, getting a better manager than Allardyce was unlikely.

I personally thought the handwriting was on the wall when they removed Allardyce as it breached their undertaking to the Trust. Which indicated that all their other words, spoken and written, were nothing to rely upon.

So it was far more likely to acquire a lower quality of manager, if Allardyce was removed. Which some suspected from the onset. So Jim and Theno are well within their rights to criticize those persons who wanted Allardyce out. It is the source of our trouble, magnified when Williams was forced out.

If we're talking cause and effect, Venky's taking over the club is the root for our current woes.

Or you could go back even further and say Allardyce hiring a SEM mole in the first place.

The wonders of hindsight, eh?

Just had Dunny phone (recorded message) reminding that deadline 30 April.

WTF is going on down there !

Oh is that what that was.

I had three missed calls from Rovers during my work day (a very inconvenient time to call anyone I'd imagine). I didn't pick up because I recognised the number.

They're joking if they think they're getting my money.

I'm feeling unwanted. Dunny can't ring me anyway because I've changed my number twice since last renewal date, but the club haven't sent me an email and to the best of my knowledge, although my husband may have binned the reminder along with his own, they haven't even sent me a renewal pack. Since my daughter, who hasn't had an ST for 4 or 5 years, had one, I distinctly feel that I'm persona non grata at Ewood. Good job I decided not to renew!

Kudos to those who still support our club even though when it has been pillaged by intruders.

Sooner rather than later they will be getting what's coming to them. I renewed simply because I refuse to let Venky's/Kean drive me away, but can completely understand the reasons why the majority have decided not to renew.

Archived