BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

do I love Rovers more that I hate Kean and Venkys? Each time the answer was a resounding NO.

Sad times.

If Kean is still there next season the sight of him in the technical area or being interviewed and wearing our famous badge on his attire would just make me angry and frustrate me.

It still will.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How will it when I won't be there?

Watching him being interviewed doesn't require match attendance - unless you're a press officer. Ergo you still see those and still be annoyed.

Wasn't really disagreeing arbi, but unless you completely avoid all things Rovers, e.g. SSN, it's still going to rile.

I resisted the temptation to renew my ticket (along with four other family members). Every time I found myself wavering I asked myself a question - do I love Rovers more that I hate Kean and Venkys? Each time the answer was a resounding NO. If Kean is still there next season the sight of him in the technical area or being interviewed and wearing our famous badge on his attire would just make me angry and frustrate me. The look on his 'happy to be here' face, the false smile, furtive eyes and constant licking of the lips tells you all you need to know.

I have had enough frustration and vented more anger in the last 18 months than I have in all my Rovers supporting life. I am not prepared to put myself through that again.

Surely not renewing is a sign of the fact that you actually love rovers as much as anyone who has renewed. It's just your way of dealing with it. It's a bit like parents whose kids take drugs or are mixed up in criminal acts shopping them. Sometimes when you've done all you can in other ways the tough decision is the right one. It hurts you, it hurts them, but ultimately, for you, it's the best decision. I don't go with this love rovers so therefore renew/don't renew. I'm disappointed that so may who said they would renew have caved in, but then sometimes there are, as with paul, other factors. I struggled to attend Ewood during allardyce's tenure - I couldn't stand the man (though I don't think I ever called for him to be sacked) but my daughter pointed out that going to Rovers was something we did as a family and therefore i shouldn't let myself be so influenced by my dislike that I didn't go. Not going would be missing out on family occasions. This is a time for doing what feels right to you and accepting that others fell differently about a situation we should never have found ourselves in in the first place, but do through no fault of our own. And no, if i said no Ewood till Kean is gone (preferably Venkys too but that might be harder) I won't be after tickets for Burnley or Middlesbrougn (my home town team) or anyone else. Watch it be rovers lucky year and despite a second relegation they get to the cup final! :lol:

My dad took my down to Ewood in the 80's and said this is it son, this is OUR home, this is OUR team, we may not be the best but you can never stop supporting them.

My eldest started at 4, he was the ONLY Rover in his school. When Jack came that changed.

He once asked me "why can't we support Man Utd" - all his mates did while I made him sit in Nuttall Street stand playing with Thomas the Tank Engine - I told him the same as your father told you.

I struggled to attend Ewood during allardyce's tenure - I couldn't stand the man (though I don't think I ever called for him to be sacked)

You don't know what you've had till it's gone. I bet you'd like to turn the clock back to those times before this whole sorry Indian episode.

Andrew‏@rufotron Brfc season tickets , no new prices announced after earlybird deadline still available at early bird prices. Sales sub 2000. Rt this madness

Retweeted by Northern Rover

Recurrent 'knowledge' that sales have failed to break 2,000.

You don't know what you've had till it's gone. I bet you'd like to turn the clock back to those times before this whole sorry Indian episode.

Gordon I still can't stand allardyce and had there been any sign that he would be replaced with someone competent I wouldn't wish him back. However, there is a world of difference between hoping one day we wouldn't need allardyce and wanting Kean to be in charge. That's the problem on here - if you didn't like Allardyce you are somehow a kean supporter or wanted rid of allardyce. The 2 don't go together - I wouldn't have wanted rid of allardyce in the way it happened at the time it happened. I would have liked him to go eventually. All managers do;they have a short shelf life unless they are exceptions to the rule, either because they are good at their job, or because they are unsackable, as Kean appears to be. Until such time as we didn't need him, I was content to have him stay - a bit like taking nasty medicine but knowing it's doing you good. I was prepared to give kean a chance in that I wasn't on his case straightaway because I didn't feel that was a helpful attitude to have, but I never embraced his presence, not for one minute.

Allardyce..... "a bit like taking nasty medicine but knowing it's doing you good."

I'll accept that gumboots. ;) In fact I agree. We have neither the budget nor the quality of players to play sweeping passing football, although at this point I must say I accept, admire and even envy the sterling work Rogers has done at Swansea.

I think the fact that 'Early bird' has passed and there have been no advices from the club as to next steps, just about sums up the terrible incompetence at Ewood Park.

The speculation is that the 2,000 barrier has not been cleared.

I think the fact that 'Early bird' has passed and there has been no advices from the club as to next steps, just about sums up the terrible incompetence at Ewood Park.

The speculation is that the 2,000 barrier has not been cleared.

You seem on a crusade to throw as much mud as possible and hope that every last bit sticks, and despite me lambasting you in the past, I'm not sure I can do the same now, as they've brought all the rumour, untruths, and mischief making on themselves, BUT:

I did hear today from a club source that we’ve actually sold over 3000 season tickets, its not 110% on the money, but I wouldn’t post it unless I felt it was accurate.

Hardly tremendous sales, but contradicts mercers source.

I did hear today from a club source that we’ve actually sold over 3000 season tickets.

Thats a relief I thought the early bird offer would be a total flop. We can now look forward to a healthy transfer budget as we have raised about £1M in ST sales.

You seem on a crusade to throw as much mud as possible and hope that every last bit sticks, and despite me lambasting you in the past, I'm not sure I can do the same now, as they've brought all the rumour, untruths, and mischief making on themselves, BUT:

I did hear today from a club source that we’ve actually sold over 3000 season tickets, its not 110% on the money, but I wouldn’t post it unless I felt it was accurate.

Hardly tremendous sales, but contradicts mercers source.

Gav - problem these days is you can't be certain what to believe, there are, IMO, too many agendas at Ewood now.

Cryer, on Twitter, reckons he's asked the question but Rovers wont release the numbers. They have, supposedly, said that not as disastrous as some of the numbers being bandied about - well feckin hell, 300, 600, etc is pretty disastrous.

Even your 3,000 is p1ss poor, about 20% of existing holders ?

However, heard the sub 2,000 number from two sources today; agendas, Chinese whispers, I don't feckin know and to be honest don't care now. Unfortunately and sadly, whether 2,000 or 3,000, our support is hemorrhaging away.

Rovers will be making a statement regarding season tickets tomorrow.

Good, I hope we see some openness, transparency and honesty - would be a start.

To me it's a simple business model, sack Kean, double existing renewals, get new owners and double again.

Good, I hope we see some openness, transparency and honesty - would be a start.

To me it's a simple business model, sack Kean, double existing renewals, get new owners and double again.

To be the club never reveal interim numbers about season ticket sales...

To be the club never reveal interim numbers about season ticket sales...

From an American PR theory:

In particular, organizations that encourage and allow public

participation, share substantial information so their publics can make informed

decisions, give balanced reports that hold them accountable, and open themselves up

to public scrutiny, are more likely to be trusted.

What we have at Ewood is the complete opposite and the results are plain to see.

I'll accept that gumboots. ;) In fact I agree. We have neither the budget nor the quality of players to play sweeping passing football, although at this point I must say I accept, admire and even envy the sterling work Rogers has done at Swansea.

Both Kean & Allardyce had a much bigger budget than Swansea, both played awful football. Kean and Allardyce also had better players at their disposal. The myth that only percentage-hoofers like Allardyce can keep small clubs in the Prem has been dispelled by both Rodgers and Lambert.

Both Kean & Allardyce had a much bigger budget than Swansea, both played awful football. Kean and Allardyce also had better players at their disposal. The myth that only percentage-hoofers like Allardyce can keep small clubs in the Prem has been dispelled by both Rodgers and Lambert.

The real myth is that we have better footballers.

FFS, Ribeiro, Anderson, Orr, Dann, Petrovic, Simon, Goodwillie, Modeste, Rochina, Formica, Marcuss Olsson, Slew etc.

You are surely having a larf ?

The real myth is that we have better footballers.

FFS, Ribeiro, Anderson, Orr, Dann, Petrovic, Simon, Goodwillie, Modeste, Rochina, Formica, Marcuss Olsson, Slew etc.

You are surely having a larf ?

At least four of the players you mentioned look crap because of the way they are being told to play imo or as is the case of simon not played. It would be interesting to see how Petrovic,Simon, Rochina and Formica develop / play at either another club or under an actual manager.

Not saying they are world class but feel their true value is being stunted by our tactical genius.

Goodwillie needs a manager who will kick him up the arse to get the best out of him, Slew not seen but was rated as fairly decent at Sheff Utd but won't develop under Kean.

Orr not the best footballer in the world but seems to be a battler and has put in a shift since coming here unlike a lot of others.

I'll wait for the FF minutes to be published so I don't get the wording wrong and put my foot in it like I normally do, but the Early Bird offer is officialy over, season tickets will not be on sale until they are officially launched at full price. Statement to that effect due out to the effect tomorrow.

Having sat through the equivalent of tonight's FF meeting for many years now (and never once been given actual numbers), I suspect things aren't as grim as many of you expected.

Archived