BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter must be confident to quote a specific number of 1,200. He is one of the most respected guys in the business.

Up to a fortnight before deadline, several posters on here were hearing sales in the low hundreds from different sources.

Then all of a sudden, seemingly we were up to 3,000+, possibly more.

I stated on a couple of occasions that I thought games might be being played with the numbers. In light of Winter's article, I think I might be right.

There is absolutely no way we've only sold 1200.

As much as you like to stir the pot Mercer, a simple straw poll of this website, people I know, people I sit near at Ewood tells me it will be nowhere near that low.

The sales will be awful, no doubt about it, but 1200?

at least we used to have a sponsor before the season started, Venky's can't even do that properly :rolleyes:

Did they ever replace Simon Williams, who I think used to be responsible for this? If it has fallen under Paul Hunt's remit and he is sacked, we're going to be sponsor less yet again, aren't we? And this at a time when cash flow is hugely important.

Winter must be confident to quote a specific number of 1,200. He is one of the most respected guys in the business.

Up to a fortnight before deadline, several posters on here were hearing sales in the low hundreds from different sources.

Then all of a sudden, seemingly we were up to 3,000+, possibly more.

I stated on a couple of occasions that I thought games might be being played with the numbers. In light of Winter's article, I think I might be right.

Don't put your house on it! :D

As much as you like to stir the pot Mercer, a simple straw poll of this website, people I know, people I sit near at Ewood tells me it will be nowhere near that low.

That much is obvious.

What we have is a resultant, IMO, of the total lack of transparency and credibility at Ewood. Whilst the present state of affairs exist, it's inevitable that rumour and supposition will run rife.

A club employee has just rejected claims that we've sold 1,200 season tickets as of today and also the box price quoted in the Winter article. No other facet of the article was "refuted".

Could be spin, spin and more spin.

Conceivably, we've sold 1,240 S.T's and the box is for sale at £3,100. Employee's refute therefore correct !

• Backroom

A club employee has just rejected claims that we've sold 1,200 season tickets as of today and also the box price quoted in the Winter article. No other facet of the article was "refuted".

Could be a clever red herring then, the club deny that but nothing else hinting at truths in the rest of it

That much is obvious.

Really ?

Remember what you were saying after your cosy one to one conversations with Stevie just before August window. Steve told me this, Steve told me that. With Rovers, there is nothing obvious these days - thought yesterday's leaked letter would have demonstrated that to you.

Apart from on here…..the people who iv asked at the ground….have ALL said they will be renewing…that is around 20 people, not 1 of them isnt renewing. 14 have already done so, and 6 have said they will do by the end of June.

Iv seen people on sites like here saying they aint renewing, and the odd person on Facebook…but I just cannot believe looking at the split, that we will only have 1200 ST holders so far.

And Mercer, that letter is old news it appears - its the same letter that Nicko reported on back in January.

Apart from on here…..the people who iv asked at the ground….have ALL said they will be renewing…that is around 20 people, not 1 of them isnt renewing. 14 have already done so, and 6 have said they will do by the end of June.

Iv seen people on sites like here saying they aint renewing, and the odd person on Facebook…but I just cannot believe looking at the split, that we will only have 1200 ST holders so far.

And Mercer, that letter is old news it appears - its the same letter that Nicko reported on back in January.

Hughesy, what feckin world do you live in ?

Take it that "the people who iv asked at the ground…." are all like you - so I'll accept that. Contrast that to the fact that I know only 2 people out of 30 (including my handful of tickets) who have renewed !

As for Nicko reporting it, all that was said, if I recall correctly, was that there was a plot to oust Kean. The full content is dynamite and if you read today's press, you would realise that !

I live in the real world Misery…..I sit in N02 with fans who have been going for years. Im simply telling you what I know. ALL of those around me have renewed, there is 1 guy who sits about 5 seats away who isn’t renewing his two, but the rest have all said they will be there next season.

Iv also heard of many others who have said they will be there…along the lines of ‘nothing better to do’ or ‘saves me having to go shopping with the missus’ etc....the general point being, that people will renew.

You continue to paint your doom and gloom around, I can tell you for 100% FACT that sales are above 1200. Yes its not going to be 15,000 ST holders, everyone knows that - but going off your figures, we would be lucky to have 3000 ST holders.

Think it was Den who said polls on here are usually a good indicator, and it certainly wasn’t around 2 in 30 renewing! :wacko:

The figure in the Times was 3,000 tickets sold thus far which echoed the figure quoted in the Mail or Telegraph. If this is correct then the Venkys have to accept the future is very bleak and do something about it; the first action has to be a new manager who is experienced in the Championship.

I live in the real world Misery…..I sit in N02 with fans who have been going for years. Im simply telling you what I know. ALL of those around me have renewed, there is 1 guy who sits about 5 seats away who isn’t renewing his two, but the rest have all said they will be there next season.

Iv also heard of many others who have said they will be there…along the lines of ‘nothing better to do’ or ‘saves me having to go shopping with the missus’ etc....the general point being, that people will renew.

You continue to paint your doom and gloom around, I can tell you for 100% FACT that sales are above 1200. Yes its not going to be 15,000 ST holders, everyone knows that - but going off your figures, we would be lucky to have 3000 ST holders.

Think it was Den who said polls on here are usually a good indicator, and it certainly wasn’t around 2 in 30 renewing! :wacko:

I think you live in your own world.

Can see a big number of those who have renewed cancelling their direct debits.

Tell me how many S.T. holders you think we will end up with and then tell me how much you are prepared to wager on it - I'll accept nothing less than a £100 bet.

People need to stop thinking like football fans and start thinking like customers. Not buying season tickets is the last and a good chance to show venkys how feel about the situation. In any other walk of life you, as a customer, were treated like this you’d not buy.

Ewood park having 3000 home fans may just encourage them to sell up.

Send them back

I’ve said all along that I won’t criticize anyone for renewing, everyone has reasons for and against, but I’m with Tom, get them sent back. Blackburn Rovers is now a circus run by clowns who only understand profit/loss, hit them where it hurts, sponsorship, season ticket money, boxes etc etc.

This is the only vote the fans have left, use is wisely :tu:

Henry Winter tweet -

Despite relegation, Venkys, Kean, fears over cutbacks & player exits, 6k #brfc fans commit to championship season-tix. Loyalty in adversity

:o:o

:lol: - I dont get why more than 2 in every 30 have renewed....this does not make sense....Misery told me this is not possible!

Archived