BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

It could be 1200 who have actually paid in cash upfront, and 4800 who have asked for direct debit forms and could still decide not to fill the form in now.

Thats what I have done. Received the direct debit form on Saturday, it's now been shredded. After all this I just can't bring myself to go anymore. Maybe one day I'll be able to support my club, but unfortunately at the moment my club just exists in name only

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

so you're suggesting that if i pay a sky subscription to watch all kinds of stuff that Sky show including sports, that is somehow the same as putting money directly into Venkys FC coffers?!!! No it's not. Buying a season ticket directly legitimises their ownership. and i don't care which figure is right about the season ticket sales - I know of at least 7 who have not renewed and only 2 who have. I want to renew but not to watch a team mismanaged by Kean and run by those idiots in India or whoever is actually in charge. I want to go to watch my team play whether it's in the Championship or wherever, but i want it to be my team, one that is properly run from top to bottom.

What about the local companies who have relied on the trade? or the local people who rely on the jobs the club creates?

People MUST understand that they are not supporting the proud history and tradition of BRFC by giving money to the club right now. The club might as well be renamed Venkys FC as they have chased away every opposing voice within the administration. YOU GIVE MONEY TO VENKYS.

The only way to get rid of these people is to make them start losing massive amounts of money. When they have no option but to leave, and take Kean with them, then the fans can return. Before that, you are only supporting the continued demolition of the club.

What about the local companies who have relied on the trade? or the local people who rely on the jobs the club creates?

I know all about that - I teach in Blackburn, nad I've explained all this to my kids, that the town relies on fans going to the ground. However, short term employment is all that would be provided if folk go to matches. whilst this lot - owners, manager , the lot stay - there is no chance that the situation will improve. Get rid and we might stand a chance. Yes, we could get worse owners but that wouldn't be easy. Employment by the club directly or indirectly will not improve whilst Kean stays as manager and whilst Venkys own us.

Ha ha he changed it from @#/?...Lol!

Misery ur too easy too wind up. Go stick with ur 2 in 30 figure!

I'm not sure how old you are Hughesy but you come across as though your mental age is clearly around the same as your shoe size.

Yep, we all know you're a superfan blah blah blah, but the more ethical of us would rather not pay Venky's to destroy the club. For me it was a simple choice between taking a stand against what feels right or wrong, or blindly buying a ticket no matter what. I hope for the clubs sake that the former vastly outnumber the latter because a message needs to be sent. The less season tickets we sell, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, we all know you're a superfan blah blah blah, but the more ethical of us would rather not pay Venky's to destroy the club. For me it was a simple choice between taking a stand against what feels right or wrong, or blindly buying a ticket no matter what. I hope for the clubs sake that the former vastly outnumber the latter because a message needs to be sent. The less season tickets we sell, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly my take on it as well.

Well I renewed mine a few weeks ago, sorry but I can't stay away, but I fully understand people that are going to do.

My old man took me to my first game circa 25 years ago now then I basically went with him till I was old enough to get one with my mates, he was attending many years before I came along too. His take on it now is that he couldn't care less about an early bird offer, cost is irrelevant to him. He will point blank to refuse to get one whilst Kean is in charge though.

Just to be blunt and to put the childish argument to bed.

Rovers have NOT sold 6000 tickets to date it is significantly less.

Source : BRFC Ticket Office AND close associate.

we've sold just over 3000 last week, but thats 3000 to many

we've sold just over 3000 last week, but thats 3000 to many

Think there will be quite a number of cancelled direct debits now. Can easily see us losing at least 10% of that number and probably more once the player exodus starts and the crap begins to roll in !

Well I renewed mine a few weeks ago, sorry but I can't stay away, but I fully understand people that are going to do.

My old man took me to my first game circa 25 years ago now then I basically went with him till I was old enough to get one with my mates, he was attending many years before I came along too. His take on it now is that he couldn't care less about an early bird offer, cost is irrelevant to him. He will point blank to refuse to get one whilst Kean is in charge though.

I'm in the same boat as you, dave. Ive renewed for many reasons. Rovers have played a huge part in my life for 30 years. I cant imagine missing a game at Ewood out of choice!

I cannot imagine how I'd feel sat at home at 3pm on a Saturday, when Rovers are at home.

I've missed about home 5 games in almost 30 years (and they were due to weddings and holidays).

My Dad, is adamant he isnt renewing. I have tried to get him to change his mind (DONT LET VENKYS AND KEAN DEPRIVE YOU OF WATCHING YOUR CLUB).

Cost is irrelevant to him and he will not renew while Kean remains in-charge. He feels bad about it, but his anger at Venkys and Kean is too great. He says he wont give the owners another penny!

He wont abandon the club, completely. But he will pick and choose his games and take advantage of complimentary tickets, (for the 1st time since his playing days!) - something he hates doing!

Opening day of the season will see me at Chorley------so long as they're at home!

How long before "they" becomes "we"?

"THEY BECOMES WE" ? I dont understand, 47er. Not critizing for the sake of it, but I cannot see how anyone can change the team/ teams they support.

"THEY BECOMES WE" ? I dont understand, 47er. Not critizing for the sake of it, but I cannot see how anyone can change the team/ teams they support.

I won't be the only one. Will never support Rovers while Kean and Raos are here. That's it.

Had my ST for 7 years, since the day we signed Shearer. I'm fast falling out of love with this club, and it's not the players, it's not the manager, it's not even the owners (who by the way do delicious chicken). It's the fans. It isn't the Blackburn way to boo our manager, I thought in this team we got behind our players, mascots and manager? The things I hear on a match day make me sick

Another dingle alert

Had my ST for 7 years, since the day we signed Shearer. I'm fast falling out of love with this club, and it's not the players, it's not the manager, it's not even the owners (who by the way do delicious chicken). It's the fans. It isn't the Blackburn way to boo our manager, I thought in this team we got behind our players, mascots and manager? The things I hear on a match day make me sick

disgraceful attempt.

To all those people who have renewed surely this is the time when you need to go and get your money back. Despite what anyone says the prospect of a near empty stadium will force the owners hand and if not the owners then the banks and leagues. This is the right thing to do.

To all those people who have renewed surely this is the time when you need to go and get your money back. Despite what anyone says the prospect of a near empty stadium will force the owners hand and if not the owners then the banks and leagues. This is the right thing to do.

I'm no expert on this but is it as simple as just ringing up and asking for a refund and they have to give it?

I'm no expert on this but is it as simple as just ringing up and asking for a refund and they have to give it?

Like with all purchases I'm sure there is a cooling off period.

Like with all purchases I'm sure there is a cooling off period.

i originally told the wife to direct debit the cheapest seats in the ground and i was hoping (don't ask why) that one of Kean and Venkys would be gone and i Would've only given them £30 but I've since found out that she paid in full for it without my knowledge. I want to go to make Kean's life a misery but also don't. Ffs what a mess.

I won't be the only one. Will never support Rovers while Kean and Raos are here. That's it.

Many people feel the same 47er, if Venkys sack Kean I'll consider going back, until then I won't even entertain the idea.

Archived