BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

At least four of the players you mentioned look crap because of the way they are being told to play imo or as is the case of simon not played. It would be interesting to see how Petrovic,Simon, Rochina and Formica develop / play at either another club or under an actual manager.

Not saying they are world class but feel their true value is being stunted by our tactical genius.

Goodwillie needs a manager who will kick him up the arse to get the best out of him, Slew not seen but was rated as fairly decent at Sheff Utd but won't develop under Kean.

Orr not the best footballer in the world but seems to be a battler and has put in a shift since coming here unlike a lot of others.

Question then and always the acid test - how many of those mentioned would be wanted by a top eight PL side ?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Kean & Allardyce had a much bigger budget than Swansea, both played awful football. Kean and Allardyce also had better players at their disposal. The myth that only percentage-hoofers like Allardyce can keep small clubs in the Prem has been dispelled by both Rodgers and Lambert.

Quite a few have managed 1 season, then been found out and been relegated second. That's the test for Rodgers and Lambert (assuming they stay in their positions and don't move to another PL club). No discrediting their performances this season though, both have done very well.

Question then and always the acid test - how many of those mentioned would be wanted by a top eight PL side ?

I could honestly see the first four I mentioned fitting quite well into mid table Premier League teams with half decent players around them, granted not top 8 , but teams who Rovers should realistically be on par with. Orr I couldn't honestly say but he's been consistent since he came in and probably put more effort in than some have all season.

Every team (in what should be our position) needs grafters to balance the talented players, unfortunately we are lacking that balance.

Again I don't know about Goodwillie but needs a souness type manager to develop I feel, and not somebody who wants to be the players best buddy.

The real myth is that we have better footballers.

FFS, Ribeiro, Anderson, Orr, Dann, Petrovic, Simon, Goodwillie, Modeste, Rochina, Formica, Marcuss Olsson, Slew etc.

You are surely having a larf ?

Diouf, N'Zonzi, Roberts, McCarthy, Jones, Kalinic, Givet, Dunn, Samba, Salgado etc played under Allardyce. I'd imagine they'd all get into Swansea's team. But it obviously suits your argument to name Anderson and Ribierio. Don't let the facts get in the way though ;)

As for Goodwillie, Simon, Rochina, and Formica they are all talented and technically good players. IF played in their correct positions with a good manager to organise them all 4 could easily flourish in the Prem. Unfortunately Rovers players look uninterested, poorly conditioned and tactically redundant. Rodgers and Lambert have made far worse players look very comfortable at Prem level this season.

Dann looked very good last year in the Prem. Birmingham, even though they were relegated, had one of the best defensive records. Dann's been utter ###### this year. What changed?

Both Kean & Allardyce had a much bigger budget than Swansea, both played awful football. Kean and Allardyce also had better players at their disposal. The myth that only percentage-hoofers like Allardyce can keep small clubs in the Prem has been dispelled by both Rodgers and Lambert.

yeah-----like Coyle at Burnley and Holloway at Blackpool!

Having sat through the equivalent of tonight's FF meeting for many years now (and never once been given actual numbers), I suspect things aren't as grim as many of you expected.

Any chance of given a hint? Over 5k?

yeah-----like Coyle at Burnley and Holloway at Blackpool!

I thought i mentioned Lambert & Rodgers. My mistake. I'll take you on though:

Blackpool's budget was a fifth of ours on wages alone. They finished just below us and only went down on the last day at Man U. Hardly makes a compelling arguement. As for Coyle, he left Burnley halfway through the season. Again, not really applicable.

Apart from that, you make good points :wacko:

Any chance of given a hint? Over 5k?

Having sat through the equivalent of tonight's FF meeting for many years now (and never once been given actual numbers), I suspect things aren't as grim as many of you expected.

...... including tonight

I'll wait for the FF minutes to be published so I don't get the wording wrong and put my foot in it like I normally do, but the Early Bird offer is officialy over, season tickets will not be on sale until they are officially launched at full price. Statement to that effect due out to the effect tomorrow.

What about the ownership, management, academy, and that dross that purports to be football. Did any of those subjects get raised by either side at the FF please?

So, let's say 5000 have bought ST's pre relegation at a discounted price, who the bloody hell is going to pay more with relegation, more players to be sold and more of Kean's gurning face to come?

Economics of the madhouse.

What about the ownership, management, academy, and that dross that purports to be football. Did any of those subjects get raised by either side at the FF please?

There was loads on the academy and what specificly about the ownership, management and football, we all know they suck and there isn't a damn thing we can do about them. If I wanted to waste my evening bitching about them with people unable to change them .... then I'd come here.

I did remind a load of people who had said "the fans forums should ask", exactly how to ensure their concerns made it on to the agenda, but sadly not a single person did. That offer is there every single meeting (either in person or via letter/email) by the way.

There was loads on the academy and what specificly about the ownership, management and football, we all know they suck and there isn't a damn thing we can do about them. If I wanted to waste my evening bitching about them with people unable to change them .... then I'd come here.

I did remind a load of people who had said "the fans forums should ask", exactly how to ensure their concerns made it on to the agenda, but sadly not a single person did. That offer is there every single meeting (either in person or via letter/email) by the way.

Fair does. Btw: did the Club discuss next season pie contract? <_<

Unfortunately the acid test will shortly be "how many of those mentioned would be wanted by a top six championship side ?

Personally i think some of them may flourish in the Championship - though of course it depends on who is managing them and how many are still here.

Really ? and other than this MB where did that happen ? facebook ? twitter ?

I have just checked the official site and I can't see anything on there about an imminent meeting either.

Was there something in the matchday programme about a meeting (i.e. for people who don't spend half their life on the internet ?)

Do you honestly think that no one gave you their concerns because they aren't concerned (or they can't be bothered) or was it because most people didn't have a clue a fans forum meeting had taken place ?

By the way this isn't a direct dig at you, I'm just frustrated that the fans forum isn't given more exposure.

The club have been hammered for lack of communication and there is a way fans can air their views. The problem is no one is aware of how they can do this.

Rob, if you are on Facebook you can 'Like' the Fans Forum at www.facebook.com/roversfansforum - I generally run this page and is probably the best way of keeping up to speed with the dates on pre-meetings, minutes, etc.

:rover:

Having run quite a few polls on here in the past, they are usually quite a reasonable guide.

I thought i mentioned Lambert & Rodgers. My mistake. I'll take you on though:

Blackpool's budget was a fifth of ours on wages alone. They finished just below us and only went down on the last day at Man U. Hardly makes a compelling arguement. As for Coyle, he left Burnley halfway through the season. Again, not really applicable.

Apart from that, you make good points :wacko:

Dear oh dear. The point being made by me (and others) is that to equal Sam's efforts at Bolton and with us, these managers have to keep their teams up and prospering year after year with very little transfer money. They more often fail than succeed.

Coyle/Holloway 1 season-------Lambert/Rodgers 2?

(Burnley were on the way down when Coyle left in January by the way).

If so then that is exactly why football is in such a corrupt and precarious condition. Blind faith is stupid beyond belief as it outweighs and excludes poor performance. Loyalty doesn't work elsewhere does it? Just ask Ratners / Woolworths / MFI / Habitat etc.

Really ? and other than this MB where did that happen ? facebook ? twitter ?

I have just checked the official site and I can't see anything on there about an imminent meeting either.

Was there something in the matchday programme about a meeting (i.e. for people who don't spend half their life on the internet ?)

Do you honestly think that no one gave you their concerns because they aren't concerned (or they can't be bothered) or was it because most people didn't have a clue a fans forum meeting had taken place ?

By the way this isn't a direct dig at you, I'm just frustrated that the fans forum isn't given more exposure.

The club have been hammered for lack of communication and there is a way fans can air their views. The problem is no one is aware of how they can do this.

Before the last pre-meet last week there was a thread on here (I think Fernhurst Rover did it) and also on Roverstalk and there is a Fans Forum Facebook page. There was an article in the programme at the Norwich game. It should have been on the big screen as well but a simple cock-up meant that was missed. It was also on an email which went out to every registered Rovers fan last Monday.

I am sure that we are not getting to every Rovers fan but we must be getting to a significant number. Any other ideas anyone has for doing this gratefully received. I'll take the point that the club website should be updated with details of future meetings - I am sure that can be organised.

I'll give you plenty of warning about the next pre-meet - it will be on Monday 18th June. If anyone wants to come please email me at roversfansforum@hotmail.com.

If so then that is exactly why football is in such a corrupt and precarious condition. Blind faith is stupid beyond belief as it outweighs and excludes poor performance. Loyalty doesn't work elsewhere does it? Just ask Ratners / Woolworths / MFI / Habitat etc.

Spot-on mate.

INSANITY- Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Think you're ignoring the price here. We're shopping somewhere that charges less than half the prices of even many Championship clubs. The store owner might be crazy, the manager might be a prat, but the "food" will likely be standard quality at a much lower price compared to our competitors next season. Your post indicates you'd prefer football to work like other businesses, well if our ST sales are better than expected then thats exactly whats happening.

Archived