BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

It's deadline day for 'Early Bird' today !

Expect long queues at Roverstore, however, will be those who have already renewed and woke-up this morning on a beautiful spring day, smelt the coffee and decided they have been too rash and want their hard earned dosh back !!!

Told in pub last nght that renewals stand at 1,380, clearly person concerned pretty confident about the number. We shall see.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's deadline day for 'Early Bird' today !

Expect long queues at Roverstore, however, will be those who have already renewed and woke-up this morning on a beautiful spring day, smelt the coffee and decided they have been too rash and want their hard earned dosh back !!!

Told in pub last nght that renewals stand at 1,380, clearly person concerned pretty confident about the number. We shall see.

You'd imagine a deadline extension surely on those numbers mercer, but we'll see what transpires.

If we're talking cause and effect, Venky's taking over the club is the root for our current woes.

Or you could go back even further and say Allardyce hiring a SEM mole in the first place.

The wonders of hindsight, eh?

I seem to remember that many who were anti Allardyce were also dissatisfied with and in many cases openly critical of the Walker Trust.

Can we have a show of hands here?.....

I seem to remember that many who were anti Allardyce were also dissatisfied with and in many cases openly critical of the Walker Trust.

I confess to being pro-Allardyce and being openly critical of the Walker Trust.

At a guess, I wouldn't be surprised to see around 6000 renewals by the end of today. Anything less than that should give the club real concerns.

Any chance of a poll tomorrow mods? Who's renewed and who hasn't?

At a guess, I wouldn't be surprised to see around 6000 renewals by the end of today. Anything less than that should give the club real concerns.

Are you expecting the club to tell the truth over those numbers den?

Anti Allardyce but Pro Walker Trust

Truthful but still only 5/10 for your effort.

btw I was pro em both.... even with the knowledge that the particular individual beneficiaries under the Walker Trust were no longer pro BRFC. We can't apportion any blame there though so I suppose the end was inevitable.

There's no way only 1400 have been sold, the figure will be horrendous, but 1400? No chance.

Before Norwich game, a number on here posted in the 300 to 600 range. This is only some 10 days ago. Towards the end of last week, I was told 1,200, therefore, the 1,380 told to me by a seperate source last noght, in context of 'known' information, doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

If true, it's abysmally low and shows the depth of feeling against Venky's & Kean.

If it's anywhere near that, I'll run naked round Ewood Park !

Would that be the same Trust who flogged us to these reprobates?

• Backroom

We've heard so many different numbers, it's all guesswork and we won't know the truth maybe till the start of the season.

Rovers never release seasons ticket sales numbers

It may be discussed at the next fans forum meeting (which i think is tomorrow) but no figures will be mentioned,

I too have an email, but will not renew until Dunny rings me!

Like others I'm adopting a wait and see approach.

What's the odds on getting an email tomorrow exclaiming the deadline has been extended.

Be like a Dfs sale, the one that ends today and starts again tomorrow.

Well after a lot of thought regarding what faces me next season, I've just renewed :wacko:

The only season since 1987 that I didn't get a season ticket was the one when we were relegated in 1999 - I was absolutely skint at the time and the bank of mum refused me credit :angry2: . Even when I couldn't afford a match ticket, I would drive down from Rossendale though to watch what I could from the now overgrown grassy knoll.

Even though everything seems negative and there is no reason to live in hope, the club is in my blood, it's part of who I am and I simply can't discard them. I supported Blackburn through chance and unlike many young kids the choice was my own (they wore my favourite strip in the back section of the 1986 panini album!) I've never supported them because they were the best, the richest, the most entertaining etc. and I've never hopped on the bandwagon from elsewhere. True the Venkys don't deserve my loyalty or my money, but the club and all of the good and bad memories it has given me does.

I don't blame anyone for jacking in, it's totally understandable, but I'm not quite finished with them yet.

Well after a lot of thought regarding what faces me next season, I've just renewed :wacko:

The only season since 1987 that I didn't get a season ticket was the one when we were relegated in 1999 - I was absolutely skint at the time and the bank of mum refused me credit :angry2: . Even when I couldn't afford a match ticket, I would drive down from Rossendale though to watch what I could from the now overgrown grassy knoll.

Even though everything seems negative and there is no reason to live in hope, the club is in my blood, it's part of who I am and I simply can't discard them. I supported Blackburn through chance and unlike many young kids the choice was my own (they wore my favourite strip in the back section of the 1986 panini album!) I've never supported them because they were the best, the richest, the most entertaining etc. and I've never hopped on the bandwagon from elsewhere. True the Venkys don't deserve my loyalty or my money, but the club and all of the good and bad memories it has given me does.

I don't blame anyone for jacking in, it's totally understandable, but I'm not quite finished with them yet.

Completely agree mate, just renewed myself. I cannot and will not turn my back as much as every bone in my body is telling me to do so. My dad took my down to Ewood in the 80's and said this is it son, this is OUR home, this is OUR team, we may not be the best but you can never stop supporting them. I loved it instantly the smell of the smoke in the enclosure, laughing at old men shouting at the team, playing football at half time with the paper cups with the other kids, watching grown men go crazy when the ball hit the net. I was hooked it was great, we have had the highest high during my time of going and I'm sure we haven't yet hit our lwest low and I completely respect people not going anymore but I will not turn my back.

Completely agree mate, just renewed myself. I cannot and will not turn my back as much as every bone in my body is telling me to do so. My dad took my down to Ewood in the 80's and said this is it son, this is OUR home, this is OUR team, we may not be the best but you can never stop supporting them. I loved it instantly the smell of the smoke in the enclosure, laughing at old men shouting at the team, playing football at half time with the paper cups with the other kids, it was great. I completely respect people not going anymore but I will not turn my back.

Good for you, I've no issue with anyone who renews. Been wavering all day but I'm going to stick by my guns purely because the thought of Kean still being there, spouting the same inane post-match nonsense as we languish in 20th place in the Championship is taking me to a place somewhere between nausea, self-harm and murderous intent!

It's simple for me - sack Kean and I'll renew, keep him and watch thousands disappear....

This as been an interesting thread to read through, luckily or unluckily I don't have to wrestle with the emotional decision but one thing that is evident in this thread is regardless of renewing or not renewing and despite what others say Rovers supporters are full of pride and passion and show it in different ways and I'm sure this is replicated amongst the wider fan base.

Once the club rids itself of all the disease that has ripped through it in the last 18 months, our once proud club will return in whatever league and financial state it is in .

So basically whether you have renewed or not, your fighting the battle in different ways, and our club, it's tradition and history is worth fighting for.

Good for you, I've no issue with anyone who renews. Been wavering all day but I'm going to stick by my guns purely because the thought of Kean still being there, spouting the same inane post-match nonsense as we languish in 20th place in the Championship is taking me to a place somewhere between nausea, self-harm and murderous intent!

It's simple for me - sack Kean and I'll renew, keep him and watch thousands disappear....

Got it in a sentence for most people.

I resisted the temptation to renew my ticket (along with four other family members). Every time I found myself wavering I asked myself a question - do I love Rovers more that I hate Kean and Venkys? Each time the answer was a resounding NO. If Kean is still there next season the sight of him in the technical area or being interviewed and wearing our famous badge on his attire would just make me angry and frustrate me. The look on his 'happy to be here' face, the false smile, furtive eyes and constant licking of the lips tells you all you need to know.

I have had enough frustration and vented more anger in the last 18 months than I have in all my Rovers supporting life. I am not prepared to put myself through that again.

Archived