BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Nothing unusual in that. We used to ask for ST sales figures every year, our request was always politely declined.

Not many companies would give commercially sensitive data away at this stage

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What piffle.

Proved popular : unquantifiable - potential broad range of outcomes

A late surge : could be 20 supporters coming through the doors only minutes before closing.

Encouraging : not likely to say anything else.

Ticket Office Staff working through backlog : we now only have one man and his dog !

Most people could have written that in advance. Such predictable spin.

Would still be surprised if greater than 2,000 and staggered if 3,000 or more.

Start being Staggered, its over 3k by all accounts :tu:

That's where the problem lies, they didn't expect to still be in the mix up for the drop, and this now provides Rovers with the pricing dilemma. Amatuer stuff really.

Very true and one that I feel is almost certain to lead to what will be seen as a significant increase for non early-birders.

Those who renewed have stumped up their cash 15-19 weeks ahead of next season and quite reasonably expect to be rewarded for doing so. How then to price for remaining fans? I suggest it will be this:

BBE is currently £225 on a per match basis this is £11.84 (PL) or £9.78 (Championship).

My seat in JW Upper is £340 giving £17.89 or £14.78 a game

I think the club will price Championship STs at BBE £275 (£11.84/game) and JWU £410 (£17.89/game).

Using this model the club can argue early-birders have been rewarded for the early purchase while at the same time prices, on a per march basis, have not increased for the remainder of the fan base.

If we stay up I don't have a plan - just like the owners really!!!!

Very true and one that I feel is almost certain to lead to what will be seen as a significant increase for non early-birders.

Those who renewed have stumped up their cash 15-19 weeks ahead of next season and quite reasonably expect to be rewarded for doing so. How then to price for remaining fans? I suggest it will be this:

BBE is currently £225 on a per match basis this is £11.84 (PL) or £9.78 (Championship).

My seat in JW Upper is £340 giving £17.89 or £14.78 a game

I think the club will price Championship STs at BBE £275 (£11.84/game) and JWU £410 (£17.89/game).

Using this model the club can argue early-birders have been rewarded for the early purchase while at the same time prices, on a per march basis, have not increased for the remainder of the fan base.

If we stay up I don't have a plan - just like the owners really!!!!

Their problem of course being that it won't matter how many games there are at the new price because if you haven't bought one now, without major changes at the club, you are not going to buy one. If there are major changes at the club, then most won't begrudge a bit extra, seeing that as the price they pay for forcing the changes by not renewing earlier. However, that "a bit extra" will have to be manageable for those on limited incomes.

Well personally I don't agree that football should be treated as a business and I don't agree that fans have to think logically about their financial input to it. But I played devil's advocate because thenodrog was arguing that both these things should be the case and that fans are stupid to renew as a result, which I disagree with. If football is a business and value for money is assessed logically (i.e. price relative to the price of similar quality products), then Rovers fans are never stupid to renew. The deal we get is fantastic and its the one thing Venkys haven't messed up.

You're only talking about money------the cost of a season ticket at Ewood cf elsewhere.

You ignore the "Ewood Experience" under Kean/Venkys. Somewhat devalues the season ticket yes?

If you sign up for another year like this one (maybe worse) then that is stupid imo.

What a ###### take!

A late surge? Inspired by the rousing performance against Spurs maybe? ###### to that!

Enouraging sales? Clearly they want to isolate and expell the majority of Rovers fans because the pittyful amount of renewals couldn't be interpreted as positive in any sense of the word, unless their view of positive is what supporters would consider negative. ###### to 'em.

Constantly in denial and blantantly, almost in defiance of the fans, bullshitting everyone. Cannot be doing with this, just do one Venky's.

*For the record I did not renew*

In that case, the club was done well to flog a few thousand already.

Told day that the 3,000 barrier has not been broken.

Correct or not, I honestly don't know but do get the feeling that one or two games are being played with the numbers !

Whilst its clear the angle ur coming from.....it actually says they are slightly more organised on that from this year, more in line with other clubs.

Hughesy, I can't believe you can use the word organised to describe the shambles that is Ewood Park at the moment. They no doubt hoped that a couple of decent results after the wins at Wolves and against Sunderland would enable them to cash in on the fact that at that point we looked liked staying up. I suspect it was more a case of trying to get in some cash to pay the wages rather than any other motive.

Its clear that is the angle people will see....we have seen nothing to convince us otherwise, however my point (maybe not well put) is that most other clubs sell tickets early, but we never seem organised in that sense.

Same with the shirts, most have them out the last week of the season, we always seem to bring ours out just as the season is starting.

Their problem of course being that it won't matter how many games there are at the new price because if you haven't bought one now, without major changes at the club, you are not going to buy one. If there are major changes at the club, then most won't begrudge a bit extra, seeing that as the price they pay for forcing the changes by not renewing earlier. However, that "a bit extra" will have to be manageable for those on limited incomes.

I agree completely. I would gladly pay £50 to put Kean out of a job. I joked the other day that if there were 'collection buckets' outside the ground on Monday tsack Steve Kean they'd make a fortune.

I agree completely. I would gladly pay £50 to put Kean out of a job. I joked the other day that if there were 'collection buckets' outside the ground on Monday tsack Steve Kean they'd make a fortune.

You most certainly did...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9253452/Blackburn-Rovers-braced-for-cutbacks-as-sell-off-looms.html

So far only 1' date='200 season tickets have been sold in the club’s early-bird ticket programme. A company which once rented a large executive box at Ewood for £15,000 a season was offered the same package for £3,000. It turned it down.[/quote']

Archived