BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Better than expected? Only if you took notice of Mercer's tales of doom, 'well under 2000 sold', always likely to be tripe.

We are in all likelyhood going to lose over half of our ST base, many of whom will never step foot on Ewood Park again.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Better than expected? Only if you took notice of Mercer's tales of doom, 'well under 2000 sold', always likely to be tripe.

We are in all likelyhood going to lose over half of our ST base, many of whom will never step foot on Ewood Park again.

Well mercers original prediction was under 1000 so we haven't done too bad after all :P

Paul Hunt, BRFC deputy chief executive said: "It has been an encouraging response from supporters and we are very pleased with that." What he really meant was "Now the offer is over and we've got their money we can get back to patronising and insulting the fans again."

Another nothing statement

To have tickets not on sale now is laughable

Nothing new though....we have had the same situation before where one phase has ended and there is a delay between the end of that and the start of the next part.

Not saying many would....but they should make them still available until next monday nights game as they may get the odd 'renewer' who wants to sign up before the game.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2757054,00.html

Rovers Statement.

Apparently a late surge.

Quantify a late surge lol. A late surge could be 500 on the last day, adding to the 1500 already recieved.

More telling is the line " To those of you that have chosen to wait, we will obviously reserve your seats for the next stage in the campaign”

If they had gone well, they would be reminding people of the cut off date before you lose your seat.

Think you're ignoring the price here. We're shopping somewhere that charges less than half the prices of even many Championship clubs. The store owner might be crazy, the manager might be a prat, but the "food" will likely be standard quality at a much lower price compared to our competitors next season. Your post indicates you'd prefer football to work like other businesses, well if our ST sales are better than expected then thats exactly whats happening.

Doesn't work like that in football though. I'm not weighing up which club's season ticket to buy, only whether to buy one or not. Fans won't compare our prices with other clubs - only with what they paid in the past, and taking into consideration the drop in standard, perceived value-for-money, and the attitude of the owners and manager toward the fans, any increase in price over about 5%-10% would mean a huge drop off in renewals. In this market (and especially in our downward spiral) it's very difficult to win new fans so you've got to do your utmost to retain the ones you've got, something Rovers seem to be struggling to understand. The crux of the matter is Kean - sack him and a big chunk of people would renew. Keep him and there'll be huge numbers staying away (me included).

But to not have season tickets on sale for any period is bonkers. When setting the deadline date, they must have taken Keans statement of `Relegation-No Chance` as being true. That's where the problem lies, they didn't expect to still be in the mix up for the drop, and this now provides Rovers with the pricing dilemma. Amatuer stuff really.

Another example of incompetence, a nothing statement, they clearly have no idea what the new process for buying will be, or when they'll be on sale, clueless.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2757054,00.html

Rovers Statement.

Apparently a late surge.

The most telling thing is what they don't say ie a figure, even if approximate.

I think the silence in this regard is defeaning.

If they had something to boast about, I don't think they would pass up that opportunity.

Under the circumstances, describing sales as `encouraging ` could mean we've sold about 200.

Well, let's just hope they don't find it encourageing enough to carry on in the same vein - eh Ozz?

Doesn't work like that in football though. I'm not weighing up which club's season ticket to buy, only whether to buy one or not. Fans won't compare our prices with other clubs - only with what they paid in the past, and taking into consideration the drop in standard, perceived value-for-money, and the attitude of the owners and manager toward the fans, any increase in price over about 5%-10% would mean a huge drop off in renewals. In this market (and especially in our downward spiral) it's very difficult to win new fans so you've got to do your utmost to retain the ones you've got, something Rovers seem to be struggling to understand. The crux of the matter is Kean - sack him and a big chunk of people would renew. Keep him and there'll be huge numbers staying away (me included).

So should the decision to renew be treated logically or not? Thenodrog was arguing renewers aren't being logical, and are renewing because of blind loyalty. Well in my opinion the non-renewers are being just as illogical in refusing a product that is still superb value for money because it isn't as superb as it was before.

So should the decision to renew be treated logically or not? Thenodrog was arguing renewers aren't being logical, and are renewing because of blind loyalty. Well in my opinion the non-renewers are being just as illogical in refusing a product that is still superb value for money because it isn't as superb as it was before.

If Venkys and Kean are still around the "product" could never be described as superb value at any cost. The proposition is absurd.

Was the product "superb value" this season in the Premier League? No it wasn't. It was rubbish.

What piffle.

Proved popular : unquantifiable - potential broad range of outcomes

A late surge : could be 20 supporters coming through the doors only minutes before closing.

Encouraging : not likely to say anything else.

Ticket Office Staff working through backlog : we now only have one man and his dog !

Most people could have written that in advance. Such predictable spin.

Would still be surprised if greater than 2,000 and staggered if 3,000 or more.

If Venkys and Kean are still around the "product" could never be described as superb value at any cost. The proposition is absurd.

Was the product "superb value" this season in the Premier League? No it wasn't. It was rubbish.

Well personally I don't agree that football should be treated as a business and I don't agree that fans have to think logically about their financial input to it. But I played devil's advocate because thenodrog was arguing that both these things should be the case and that fans are stupid to renew as a result, which I disagree with. If football is a business and value for money is assessed logically (i.e. price relative to the price of similar quality products), then Rovers fans are never stupid to renew. The deal we get is fantastic and its the one thing Venkys haven't messed up.

• Backroom

'Value' is in the eye of the beholder, £225 for a ST is obviously a very competitive price, but has anybody had 'value for money' this season?

Unless people enjoy seeing their team lose most weeks and even look awful when winning I can't imagine there will be many answers of 'yes' to that question.

What piffle.

Proved popular : unquantifiable - potential broad range of outcomes

A late surge : could be 20 supporters coming through the doors only minutes before closing.

Encouraging : not likely to say anything else.

Ticket Office Staff working through backlog : we now only have one man and his dog !

Most people could have written that in advance. Such predictable spin.

Would still be surprised if greater than 2,000 and staggered if 3,000 or more.

I am all for having a go at our current regime - but every year we have the usual spin on ticket sales - it isn't unusual.

Well personally I don't agree that football should be treated as a business and I don't agree that fans have to think logically about their financial input to it. But I played devil's advocate because thenodrog was arguing that both these things should be the case and that fans are stupid to renew as a result, which I disagree with. If football is a business and value for money is assessed logically (i.e. price relative to the price of similar quality products), then Rovers fans are never stupid to renew. The deal we get is fantastic and its the one thing Venkys haven't messed up.

We renewed last year on the basis that it was as cheap as chips and even if it was as bad as last year we could live with it. However, we found that last year was a good year in comparison to this and it's really not worth putting ourselves through an even worse year, not for the cheap season tickets, not for anything. I hate being lied to and cheated.

I have no idea who Mercer is nor where he is from but I can assure you all his figures that he has suggested earlier are not too far away. Yes its nowhere near the 800 suggested and I can definately tell you its nowhere near the 4000 mark

That data is from someone inside the club.

The club have been contacted today for an exact figure on sales and guess what, the club wont comment and this was after the announcement made on the official site. I know this because I was party to the conversation.

The short break for season tickets is to allow process of the direct debit payments.

If anyone can het the right number of sales so far then it would be great to ram that down the throat of Kean on Monday because it is HIS FAULT and HIS FAULT ALONE !

KEAN OUT

Archived