BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Backroom

I nearly buckled today, I asked my dad if we should renew.

He responded by saying this is about the best chance to show them how we feel and take a stand, no point in disagreeing with what is happening to such an extent and then buying a season ticket anyway.

Its what I felt all along but was having doubts, in that sense maybe the early bird deadline is having an effect.

So for now I won't be renewing. Subject to change if the manager is replaced (I hear the owners like that bloke who's leaving some Spanish team in summer :P )

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a st since 1985 and have not renewed and am trying to hold out with my boycott. However are those of us no longer going to Ewood not letting Kean and Venkys off the hook? The angry voices directed at them from the stands next season will be muted surely (I'm assuming they are going nowhere, literally and figuratively)? I know the current powers that be will lose our cash input but they don't really seem too concerned about that. Maybe I'll compromise and get a Darwen End ticket so I can go along and vent my spleen at Venkys and Kean periodically.

Not going seems to be worrying them far more than shouting at them is if the charm offensive mentioned elsewhere is anything to go by. I'm a waverer and can't guarantee i won't change my mind with 5 mins to spare and renew. However, I'm resisting for the moment because i really do feel it's the last thing we can do that might make a difference, and even if it doesn't to Venkys, it might make the media notice there must be something going on. As Gordon says elsewhere too, what's to stop them taking your money and then letting the club go under. You would have no come back if the club went into admin. Only thing might be if you paid on your credit card. What happens about those who paid on direct debit - are the finance company entitled to keep taking your cash for a service they have already provided?

I nearly buckled today, I asked my dad if we should renew.

He responded by saying this is about the best chance to show them how we feel and take a stand, no point in disagreeing with what is happening to such an extent and then buying a season ticket anyway.

Its what I felt all along but was having doubts, in that sense maybe the early bird deadline is having an effect.

So for now I won't be renewing. Subject to change if the manager is replaced (I hear the owners like that bloke who's leaving some Spanish team in summer :P )

more likely to swap kean for the almost equally unpopular aalex mcleish.

• Backroom

more likely to swap kean for the almost equally unpopular aalex mcleish.

Alex Mack would be an improvement

(now there's a bizarre out of place 90's kids tv reference for you)

The waverers need to see it through.

Used to 'kill me' if I had to miss a match, however, for various reasons, had to miss the odd one or two this season and, to be honest, it didn't bother me one little bit. I am absolutely certain, that under the current regime of Venky's & Kean, it wont bother me one iota next season either.

Off to see Wigan and Newcastle tomorrow, two decent managers plying their trade, and if there's no dramatic change at Ewood, will be joining the Cod Army at Highbury next season!

Used to 'kill me' if I had to miss a match, however, for various reasons, had to miss the odd one or two this season and, to be honest, it didn't bother me one little bit. I am absolutely certain, that under the current regime of Venky's & Kean, it wont bother me one iota next season either.

Off to see Wigan and Newcastle tomorrow, two decent managers plying their trade, and if there's no dramatic change at Ewood, will be joining the Cod Army at Highbury next season!

I agree with you Mercerman , but not sure I could watch anyone else regularly , maybe cos of my blue and white blood !

I agree with you Mercerman , but not sure I could watch anyone else regularly , maybe cos of my blue and white blood !

Have personal associations with Fleetwood and not just a 'randomer'. A great little club with a great warm welcome - little bit like Rovers used to be.

I think the general criteria is that we need both owners and manager gone. Whoever comes in then rapidly needs to bin Agnew, Paul Hunt, Simon Hunt (if the Hunts can be found - most wouldn't recognise them if sat next to in the JW !) and Newsham, probably in that order. All, IMO, not worthy or capable of representing our once great club.

+1

Being realistic, I'd give the owners a second chance, if they binned Kean and the others named on your list and brought in acceptable replacements.

If you wanna be realistic you'd be better considering that it won't make a blind bit of difference to Venkys how many fans renew. All the non-renewers are gonna achieve is a general feeling of embarassment in front of opposition fans for those who are still gonna go. Oh and the club might get rid of Myles Anderson to make up the financial "blow".

I don't think this is true. I think embarassment will hugely motivate Venkys. After all, they are staying away and staying quiet because they were embarrassed by some fans the last time they attended in person. So embarrassment obviously causes them to react.

So the fewer fans that renew, the more attention will be drawn to Venkys mismanagement (primarily in the selection of manager), the more likely they will be seriously embarrassed in the public eye both in the Uk and India, the more likely they are to react.

The only question is how they react? Do they throw in the towel and liquidate the club? I don't think so as that will only further publically embarrass them (and hurt their share price) by underscoring they are/were miserable failures. Or do they start acting the like proper owners? I think this is an outside shot at best, as it appears they haven't figured out that admitting mistakes and moving to correct them actually avoids a considerable amount of embarrassment. Or do they sell? I think this is most likely but it requires a real buyer and with all due respect to the various fan groups trying to raise money, a million or so won't be enough to do it (unless we tumble down the leagues).

I don't think they're staying away because of embarassment, I reckon its irritation. Their mindset to me appears to be one of assuming they own everyone and everything connected to Rovers and I suspect that in India the people you own don't answer back. They were probably just irritated by the cheek of it and are now shunning the club out of pride.

No attention will be drawn to Venkys next season, we're about to drop off the media map. Any embarassment non-renewers cause them next season in comparison to fan efforts this season will be the equivalent of having a bird crap on them after they've just snorkelled through a sewage plant.

To me the only reasonable explanation for the havoc they've wreaked on Rovers is that they are purely in it for the money. Next season they'll get £16m from parachute payments and due to the non-renewers lose about £1m in season ticket sales. Honestly, they won't care.

Yep, I have been to watch Fleetwood x3 this season.. A fantastic experience every time

Had a st since 1985 and have not renewed and am trying to hold out with my boycott. However are those of us no longer going to Ewood not letting Kean and Venkys off the hook? The angry voices directed at them from the stands next season will be muted surely (I'm assuming they are going nowhere, literally and figuratively)? I know the current powers that be will lose our cash input but they don't really seem too concerned about that. Maybe I'll compromise and get a Darwen End ticket so I can go along and vent my spleen at Venkys and Kean periodically.

Pick and choose your games perhaps ?

I renewed in blind hope and not wanting to risk missing out should good things happen in the summer. I can't really afford an inflated price, so I took the direct debit option. If eff all changes and Kean and/or Venky's are still at the helm a cancellation will definitely be in order

Whoever comes in then rapidly needs to bin Agnew, Paul Hunt, Simon Hunt (if the Hunts can be found - most wouldn't recognise them if sat next to in the JW !) and Newsham,

Mercer man , I think you pressed H when it should have been c !

I'm just wondering when exactly the deadline runs out. Midnight on the 30th? End of office hours on the 30th? Or is it end of play on the 29th? I'm sure we have Rovers employees reading this message board. Perhaps they'd like to clarify...

I feel intimidated.

Renew your season ticket by the end of April at this ridiculously low price or else you'll have to pay a fortune if you want one later.

Where is the nice package we used to get when JW was chairman?

What about those who want to change seats and have to wait to do so until (e.g.) June 15th? No consideration for them.

Venky's can go and take a running jump.......(hopefully into oblivion)

I've gone from not renewing and picking my matches next season to renewing! Not only that, I'll be giving Rovers more money because.........drum roll..........we're moving to the Jack Walker upper from the Blackburn End.

Off out shopping tomorrow for tartan blanket, flask and so on. Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!

Na then, where did I put my medication?

Up the Rovers! **** Venky's!!

York away one of amongst many which stick in my mind.

I was at that game. We went on a single decker red, cream and green bus following the merger of Blackburn and Darwen. There were two of them amongst the many coaches. We got to York early, very early in fact and after messing around for seemingly ages we went to the station to wait for the football special to arrive. Finally the Ewood Express came in, a humungus train, the doors opening before it stopped and suddenly there were hundreds of Rovers fans running down the platform to a thunderous roar of 'Rovers.' Think we won the game 3-1? Happy days.

I was at that game. We went on a single decker red, cream and green bus following the merger of Blackburn and Darwen. There were two of them amongst the many coaches. We got to York early, very early in fact and after messing around for seemingly ages we went to the station to wait for the football special to arrive. Finally the Ewood Express came in, a humungus train, the doors opening before it stopped and suddenly there were hundreds of Rovers fans running down the platform to a thunderous roar of 'Rovers.' Think we won the game 3-1? Happy days.

I fell off a pool table in a pub in the centre of York :blush::blush:

I've gone from not renewing and picking my matches next season to renewing! Not only that, I'll be giving Rovers more money because.........drum roll..........we're moving to the Jack Walker upper from the Blackburn End.

Off out shopping tomorrow for tartan blanket, flask and so on. Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!

Na then, where did I put my medication?

Up the Rovers! **** Venky's!!

Jack Walker upper :wacko: disgusted :angry2:

I don't know whats worse, buying a season ticket or sitting in the JW upper :D

I fell off a pool table in a pub in the centre of York :blush::blush:

I 'fell' through a pub window in Norwich once, and we lost if memory serves me right.

I 'fell' through a pub window in Norwich once, and we lost if memory serves me right.

I also fell off a pool table at Orient, with my hand on top of a pint glass.....missed the first half getting bandaged up.

God I hate pool !

Was it a sunday match and did it snow?

Archived