BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Did Kamy not state 4,000 renewed in the podcast?

Numbers various posters have mentioned over recent days range from 300 to 1,800.

Would seriously, seriously question the credibility of 4,000 !!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Are you saying I don't understand the complexities that's pretty insulting. Everybody makes their own decision, fine. I just don't get the luxuriating that ticket sales are low. I'm not judging anyone and I'm not your pal.

Not saying that at all pal, but your post didn't suggest you had considered them in reference to those who were not renewing. Also your statement of "we're hardly being ripped off are we" is somewhat relative... I'd say paying any amount of money to witness Steve Kean and Venky's ruin the club is a bit of a rip off personally!

I agree that there's no reason for anybody to be happy that ticket sales are low - but I've not seen any posts to suggest that. The only reason people are talking about low season tickets in any positive frame is because it may cause Venky's to have a rethink about their ownership of the club. A forlorn hope I fear, but a small one nonetheless.

Not saying that at all pal, but your post didn't suggest you had considered them in reference to those who were not renewing. Also your statement of "we're hardly being ripped off are we" is somewhat relative... I'd say paying any amount of money to witness Steve Kean and Venky's ruin the club is a bit of a rip off personally!

I agree that there's no reason for anybody to be happy that ticket sales are low - but I've not seen any posts to suggest that. The only reason people are talking about low season tickets in any positive frame is because it may cause Venky's to have a rethink about their ownership of the club. A forlorn hope I fear, but a small one nonetheless.

I'm sure that everyone who received a renewal form gave careful consideration to the situation. I was just saying what factors eventually influenced me enough one way to make a decision. The renewal came, I filled it in straight away then it sat waiting to be posted for three weeks whilst I wavered. I just get the feeling that am being seen as some sort of collaborator for renewing. I want Kean/Venky's to leave the club just as much as anyone else, in fact I have never met anyone who has the contrary opinion. I stated the not being ripped off as a straight fact it is cheap for Premiership/Championship Football. However I accept your point, is it still cheap when you take the K/V factor into account.

• Backroom

I'm sure that everyone who received a renewal form gave careful consideration to the situation. I was just saying what factors eventually influenced me enough one way to make a decision. The renewal came, I filled it in straight away then it sat waiting to be posted for three weeks whilst I wavered. I just get the feeling that am being seen as some sort of collaborator for renewing. I want Kean/Venky's to leave the club just as much as anyone else, in fact I have never met anyone who has the contrary opinion. I stated the not being ripped off as a straight fact it is cheap for Premiership/Championship Football. However I accept your point, is it still cheap when you take the K/V factor into account.

Nothing to do with you being a collaborator mate, think I just misinterpreted the tone of your post. My apologies!

After much soul searching have decided to renew in DE mainly because I"ll probably end up going to as many games if I don"t and can"t be bothered phoning up for tickets. Imagine there"ll be loads of midweek games I can"t make as well which will be annoying. Also don"t want to run the risk of not getting a ticket for Burnley. Will make my protest by not spending 1 penny at Ewood on a match day and would encourage others to do the same.

Quite a poignant moment for me at the end of the Norwich game. I can't make Wigan game due to work commitments so it was my last game as a season ticket holder of 20+ years, last time in the seat in JW Upper I have had since it opened.

Walking home I started wavering and thinking about going to Wigan (amazing the false hope a win can give), but the QPR victory soon put at stop to that.

I suspect I will be one of many long term ST holders who followed the club through thick and thin since 1967 who will not be renewing and this must be a big worry for the gestapo at Ewood.

I am sad not to be renewing, but on the flip side missing Wigan means I have missed 6 home games this season (or to put it another way given the chicken breeders £120 of my money for no return).

I used to think when the kids had flown the nest and I approached retirement I would be attending more away games, this dream has been destroyed along with the club I love. Yes I probably will take in some games next year, there are a lot of Championship clubs in and around the north west so no need to go to Ewood too often. But I will not buy another ST until Venkys, Kean, Agnew, Hunts etc leave the club.

Even if Venkys and Kean leave in the summer it will take at least 2 years to rebuild the club infrastructure to enable it to compete again. My worst fear is Venkys stay which in my view means we will fall straight through the Championship into Divison 1 next year.

Two cousins in their 40's nearly 50 years following rovers home and away between them,not renewing and not going again till Kean & Venky's gone, although one of them did attend latest protest march and when got to ground went home and will go to away matches.

Did that v Arsenal in Sept. Must say it felt really strange. Doesn't really bother me at all now.

I cant bring myself to fund this regime so i will stick to away games. My choice. Each to their own

Shut the effin press up if we packed out every away match.

I suspect from previous experience with other clubs that plenty of the people who say they aren't going again until Venkies/Kean leave will actually never set foot in Ewood Park again. They mean what they say at the moment they are saying it but the reality is they won't be back. I've seen it happen before that people just find other ,different, less stressful things to do with their time and money. Once you've lost those people it's very,very hard to entice them back.

I suspect from previous experience with other clubs that plenty of the people who say they aren't going again until Venkies/Kean leave will actually never set foot in Ewood Park again. They mean what they say at the moment they are saying it but the reality is they won't be back. I've seen it happen before that people just find other ,different, less stressful things to do with their time and money. Once you've lost those people it's very,very hard to entice them back.

Exactly, and that is what I find so very sad about all this.

Wouldn't the cost of paying kean off be the approximate equivalent of losing 10,000 season ticket holders? Since most who won't renew might be tempted by a decent manager, even with Venkys as owners, it might be something for them to think about.

Wouldn't the cost of paying kean off be the approximate equivalent of losing 10,000 season ticket holders? Since most who won't renew might be tempted by a decent manager, even with Venkys as owners, it might be something for them to think about.

Depends what bonus / contract extension he gets for Relegation /Mission Accomplished .

I had my own season ticket renewal package...£225 early bird with a 'if 10000 people tick this box we promise to sack kean' tick box that doubles the price. Im quite sure that most people would gladly pay double if it means he'd be gone!

I was talking to someone at the match who works at Rovers, and has done for 15ish years. They told me a few bits and pieces, how up to date this is I am not sure but the person would have no reason to lie and I trust them. Maybe a bit of exaggeration and one was presented as an "internal rumor".

1-) Only sold 500 ST so far.

2-) Backroom staff have not all been paid still.

3-) (The Rumor) If we go down Venkys are planning a fire sale of players followed by selling the club at a rock bottom price.

I won't say who the person is as wouldn't want to get them into trouble but everyone who goes to the games would know this person.

So if we stop up--they stay? Bit of a dilemma eh?

I see that as largely good news too. We all point out the clubs who've been relegated and disappear into the lower leagues but there are examples of sensibly-run clubs who've made it back without spending a fortune.

Norwich is one and Southampton are on the verge of it.

Just hope we can keep the Academy open in the meantime. That's the key really and it is Jack's legacy.

Well, despite all the concerns about the future and the owners I have renewed. Whatever happens I will be at Ewood next season so it was already decided for me.

Everyone is entitled to make their own decision but boycotting the Rovers is a step too far in my opinion. Just hope I am still on 19 home games next year!

Renewed for myself, my son and a mate.

I have wanted rid of Venky's and Kean since the end of last season but I still want to see my team play.

Following the sustained Venky's Out chants at the Norwich game I believe the best way to get them out is to continue to chant at every game next season until they go, especially if they can be bothered to attend any games.

Following the sustained Venky's Out chants at the Norwich game I believe the best way to get them out is to continue to chant at every game next season until they go, especially if they can be bothered to attend any games.

Is an excellent point, one which has been more and more obvious to me over the last few weeks.

• Backroom

I seriously, seriously doubt you will get any significant amount of people chanting for Venky's Out during most of next season should they still be here. It's been hard enough to get people to do it whilst we're in absolute crisis - as long as we're plodding along outside the relegation zone in the Championship I doubt there will be much noise at all.

If we're in the relegation places, maybe. But I still wouldn't put money on it.

I seriously, seriously doubt you will get any significant amount of people chanting for Venky's Out during most of next season should they still be here. It's been hard enough to get people to do it whilst we're in absolute crisis - as long as we're plodding along outside the relegation zone in the Championship I doubt there will be much noise at all.

Is that because all the true fans wont be there, just the Rovers Fans who don't deserve the club DE4life?

I'll be chanting "KEAN OUT" & "VENKYS OUT" until the fuuuckers have gone, no matter what league we are in

Archived