BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is entirely up to you whether you renew or not - but the millionaires on the pitch have been long removed from BRFC - and have been since the start of the Premiership gravy train. As for the millionaires in the boardroom - sorry I don't see how this really benefits them - at best (with prudent housekeeping) Rovers will only break even irrespective of who buys a season ticket.

As for your final point - I do agree - but Rovers are one of the few clubs who now sell reasonably priced ST's. I would be curious as to whether you pay a Sky subscription - as that rips off football fans as much as football clubs themselves do.

Not sure what you mean there DMTP.

Never ever subscribed to Sky TV of any sort. That billionaire Murdoch is another that I refuse to subsidise directly.

Sadly Monday 7th May will be my last game at Ewood for a long time because Venky`s are too thick to see what`s going on.

I think that sentiment probably applies more to us supporters. I still cannot fully fathom what is going on and why.

This is a very good question and one that is difficult to answer. I think it goes back to being a kid. I was taken to Ewood by my Dad and Grandad and it was just a part of my life. In those days you supported your "local" team. I grew up watching the likes of Dougie, Clayton and Woods and hearing stories of the likes of Crompton, Campbell, Puddefoot and the rest. One became immersed in the history of the club and so I have always felt part of it.

This feeling of being "part of the club" grew as I became older, particularly during difficult times when both Bill Bancroft and Bill Fox represented "fans" in the boardroom who were charged with looking after the well being of the club. Jack, of course, had the money to take the club forward in a manner which we had been only able to dream about. However, Jack was first and foremost a fan, a supporter, one of us as it were.

Although John Williams and Tom Finn were not brought up with the Rovers they quickly became immersed in the traditions and values of the club. With the Trust we had David Brown, who lived locally, who was the link between the Trust and club and, of course, John Williams and Tom Finn visited Jersey several times a year to discuss the club. The Trust had the good sense to keep people on the ground who knew how the club worked and who were able to tap into the community feel of the club.

Personally, I have no problem with players coming from outside the town, living outside the town, or, indeed, being paid what they are paid. Let's not forget that the reason why the Rovers emerged from the numerous clubs that were in the town and surrounding area in the 1880s is because the people who ran the club were prepared to offer money to Scottish mercenaries at a time when professionalism was illegal. The clubs fortunes were built on the backbone of Suter, Douglas, McIntyre etc. So in that respect money has always been king. Indeed, but for money we might well be supporting Blackburn Olympic and not Blackburn Rovers.

As for the present owners I really don't know why they bought the club. Desai clearly has no interest in football and it was obviously a purely business proposition. They have no ties to the area, they clearly have no feel for the town or community. They arrived at Ewood because they clearly thought their was something to be gained for their core business back in India by owing a football club. I guess foreign ownership is the way football is going and whilst I suppose I was ambilvent to it happening at other clubs I feel more strongly now it is happening here. I don't feel part of it anymore, I find the over the top policing and stewarding that we have seen this season somewhat uncomfortable. I don't believe that the people who are now running the club at Ewood have any interest in forming links with the supporters, I believe they merely see us as a cash cow that needs to be milked. You may argue that it was ever thus but it never felt like it to me. I suppose it's all about perception and my perception is that it just doesn't feel like my club any longer.

I will always support the club but, at the moment, there is something missing for me that gave the Rovers a special place in my life for the past 51 years.

Good post PB.

Be very interesting to put a poll in asking for yes / no to buying ST's BUT with a column requesting age.

Must say apart from Paul it appears that the Baby Boomers generation born between the war and the mid 60''s are deserting in droves. Pretty much the way it was post 1960 FA Cup and the abolishment of the maximum wage.

imo the rejection is down to the realisation that hope and expectation has been removed.

btw this might be interesting because I understand the club have asked for help from Blackburn Tech to survey, identify and provide info on why people are not renewing and from what age and background. :rolleyes: No doubt someone is bricking at the thought of having to explain away the abject failure of the new regime to Joan Desai.

I would be very surprised if it was the 'before cash' fans who didn't renew, and in particular, my fellow fans who grew up watching the 2nd and 3rd Division stuff. Surely we can stand back and think, 'I've seen us in much worse positions than this'?

I understand, and feel the same, regarding the owners, administration and team management, and have maintained Rovers feels like a club with no soul under Venky ownership.

I would've thought the younger fans would be less inclined to renew as they have grown up with relatively huge success.

btw this might be interesting because I understand the club have asked for help from Blackburn Tech to survey, identify and provide info on why people are not renewing and from what age and background. :rolleyes: No doubt someone is bricking at the thought of having to explain away the abject failure of the new regime to Joan Desai.

Blinkin heck, talk about paying for research into something they already know the answer to!

I would be very surprised if it was the 'before cash' fans who didn't renew, and in particular, my fellow fans who grew up watching the 2nd and 3rd Division stuff. Surely we can stand back and think, 'I've seen us in much worse positions than this'?

I've got enough 2nd and 3rd Div T shirts and I don't want any more thanks. ;)

Blinkin heck, talk about paying for research into something they already know the answer to!

Maybe the stranglehold on the media that coco and co have is extended to what some employees and share hoders are allowed to view!

What beggars belief is the club will go to any lengths to to find any reason other than Kean to blame for the dwindling support at the club.I do think that the owners have disappointed with the lack of communication and support but I really think that their biggest failure has been there support of the manager regardless of the consequences.The mystique has gone, the wishful anticipation has gone and more importantly the enjoyment and pride has gone.I won`t be going next season neither will my son or my daughter .I can take the owners distant silence but I certainly won`t be at Ewood whilst he is still manager.

Whats the score with the DE tickets next season? On the screen yesterday is showed the prices as £165 - 16 games only and £225 - 19 games only. To me this implies that what ever division we're in next season you'll only get 19 games for the £225. I know I didn't read it wrong, I even kept my eyes on the screen to see it again. I would have thought it would change to 20 and 23 game options for the championship.

I could have mis-interpreted it though.

The fact that they need to do this tells you all you need to know about the capabilities of those running, and ruining, the club.

Feckin hell, it's right there in their face !!!

Whats the score with the DE tickets next season? On the screen yesterday is showed the prices as £165 - 16 games only and £225 - 19 games only. To me this implies that what ever division we're in next season you'll only get 19 games for the £225. I know I didn't read it wrong, I even kept my eyes on the screen to see it again. I would have thought it would change to 20 and 23 game options for the championship.

I could have mis-interpreted it though.

I would of thought the clue is in the words "Season ticket" Cannot see how they could say later down the line in any stand that some games will be pay as you go

strange how people believe what they want, when told, on here...

So because thenodrog has been lead to believe something, all of a sudden its taken as gospel - still at least Mercerman should have his choice of block/seat on the 9th, rather than having to rough it behind the goal ;)

strange how people believe what they want, when told, on here...

So because thenodrog has been lead to believe something, all of a sudden its taken as gospel - still at least Mercerman should have his choice of block/seat on the 9th, rather than having to rough it behind the goal ;)

Wont be there on 9 May, a dead leg !!!

Rough it behind the goal !!! I remember the days when we used to move from end to end dependent upon which way Rovers were kicking - a few hairy times !!! Learnt a bit of sense after a while, calmed down and 'retired' to the wings ;)

I remember as a nipper sitting in ricerstand with dad and we moved every time .

That old wooden stand was a feckin disgrace. Only went in about 3 times - should have been condemned even then!

I understand, and feel the same, regarding the owners, administration and team management, and have maintained Rovers feels like a club with no soul under Venky ownership.

I would've thought the younger fans would be less inclined to renew as they have grown up with relatively huge success.

I was one of the original glory hunters - marvelling in the defensive prowess of the team that Kendall led out of the third division.

At the moment there is only one thing stopping me renewing - and that is the thought of Steve Kean as manager next season.

I was one of the original glory hunters - marvelling in the defensive prowess of the team that Kendall led out of the third division.

At the moment there is only one thing stopping me renewing - and that is the thought of Steve Kean as manager next season.

Better than Arsenal at the 1-0's. Know a couple of the lads from Kendall's team and they can't speak highly enough of him.

We have been in much worse positions yes.BUT then it was always pretty well down to being a cash stricken mill town but we always had a bunch of guys at the helm who tried their nuts off to keep the show on the road.Often they put what little cash they had in to pay the bills.You could say it was down to the efforts of those people that kept it afloat long enough for Jack to come in and deliver the dream

The difference is this time that the problems are self inflicted , the tosspots in charge are more concerned about their own paypackets and the owners have pressed the accelerator down to the metal to bring this situation about.And there is no word , no apology, no admission 'we fecked up' or no staement saying how it will be reversed.

THATS WHY FANS WON@T PAY TO PERPETUATE THIS LIVING HELL-not because they are Johnny Come latelys

Archived