BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would I give my money to those thieves when the club won't see penny one of it? Away games only for me after this season until one of two things happen.

1. Venkys sack s*** for brains and seriously invest in the club.

2. Venkys cluck off and sell the club to someone who actually wants it.

Unfortunately I can't see the first scenario ever becoming a reality and the second one not for a long while so it could be some time till I go back to Ewood. :(

So are you now getting one or not? Or have you just changed your mind about the post you were going to write?

:D Best laugh I've had this week! I changed my mind about the post I made.

Until yesterday renewing was simple for me. My Tom has been to Ewood for 19 seasons, it is a central part of his life and very, very important to him. I know he does not have the ability to comprehend our current position and I'm unsure if he will understand why if we no longer play in the PL. For this reason alone I could not allow any personal feelings stop us from renewing - I would not take away his pleasure to satisfy any desire I may have to give the Raos a bloody nose.

Yesterday I read and contributed to Alan75's excellent thread (the best for months) The Premiership Years. As I read and wrote all the emotions, joy and despair came flooding back bringing tears to my eyes for what we have achieved, what we have lost in the past and what we have today. I now really know why I'm going next season.

I'm a bit of a part-timer, 30 years as an ST holder and prior to that only an interest from afar, till we moved to Lancashire and I popped down to Ewood for a cup game against Portsmouth, I had nothing much else to do that afternoon. In that time, until very recently, I have missed 3 games at Ewood and one of those I managed the last ten minutes. I couldn't get to Utd or Liverpool this month because I was too far away and can't currently drive, so that makes 5..

I've never missed a crucial game, home or away; been at every championship, promotion, play-off match, cup win or relegation no matter where. I've been at away games when I should have been elsewhere; I've slept in the concourse to get tickets for matches. I've experienced great joy and deep despair; I walked out of Molyneux and hugged the first person I saw. Charlie's girlfriend held my hand at Wolves. If I can possibly be there I'm going to Stamford Bridge. The Raos can NEVER, EVER experience or understand this. They can never take it away from me and they will never drive me out of Ewood.

This morning I renewed our season tickets. This afternoon I will wear my Natural Born Champions T-shirt to celebrate our club. Sometime in the next month I will be elated or deeply unhappy.

The Raos own a bit of land and some buildings - I own my football club and it will always be mine and never belong to them.

We should be there in our thousands next August, no matter what we feel about Kean and the Rao family.

Nice to see you on here, hope your ok fella. Get over to Ewood much these days?

Tend to give it a miss now....with all that's going on combined with illness and fatherhood I would rather spend my money/time on other things. It got to a stage where it felt like a chore and I really was not enjoying it. Shame really. Will be back once there is a change in management/ownership. Daniel will be a bit older too so I will be able to bring him.

Until yesterday renewing was simple for me. My Tom has been to Ewood for 19 seasons, it is a central part of his life and very, very important to him. I know he does not have the ability to comprehend our current position and I'm unsure if he will understand why if we no longer play in the PL. For this reason alone I could not allow any personal feelings stop us from renewing - I would not take away his pleasure to satisfy any desire I may have to give the Raos a bloody nose.

Yesterday I read and contributed to Alan75's excellent thread (the best for months) The Premiership Years. As I read and wrote all the emotions, joy and despair came flooding back bringing tears to my eyes for what we have achieved, what we have lost in the past and what we have today. I now really know why I'm going next season.

I'm a bit of a part-timer, 30 years as an ST holder and prior to that only an interest from afar, till we moved to Lancashire and I popped down to Ewood for a cup game against Portsmouth, I had nothing much else to do that afternoon. In that time, until very recently, I have missed 3 games at Ewood and one of those I managed the last ten minutes. I couldn't get to Utd or Liverpool this month because I was too far away and can't currently drive, so that makes 5..

I've never missed a crucial game, home or away; been at every championship, promotion, play-off match, cup win or relegation no matter where. I've been at away games when I should have been elsewhere; I've slept in the concourse to get tickets for matches. I've experienced great joy and deep despair; I walked out of Molyneux and hugged the first person I saw. Charlie's girlfriend held my hand at Wolves. If I can possibly be there I'm going to Stamford Bridge. The Raos can NEVER, EVER experience or understand this. They can never take it away from me and they will never drive me out of Ewood.

This morning I renewed our season tickets. This afternoon I will wear my Natural Born Champions T-shirt to celebrate our club. Sometime in the next month I will be elated or deeply unhappy.

The Raos own a bit of land and some buildings - I own my football club and it will always be mine and never belong to them.

We should be there in our thousands next August, no matter what we feel about Kean and the Rao family.

Bloody hell, Paul; what a terrific post; I didn't expect to have damp eyes three hours before a Rovers' home game.

+1, at least.

In a way that kind of sums up how I feel too. So much of family memories are tied up with football. I remember having to go to pick my daughter up from a friends house the day Rovers won the league and getting in the car gutted they'd lost and having a panic about what kind of mood she'd be in being an avid fan. Then the joy of realising that losing didn't matter in this case after all. i remember going to Cardiff, the so nearly at OT against chelsea. that day at Everton when i kissed more men than I had in my entire life upto then because Rovers had sealed their premier league status. i remember travelling back from matches late at night and being unable to sleep when i came in until I'd watched the match all over again, and it really hurts to think there could be no more good times. That's why i still haven't decided. my husband seems pretty determined he's not getting one but I'm wavering. do i really want to go on my own when it's always been a thing we do as a family? But do I really want to stay away? Is the principle of giving nothing to Venkys stronger than my wish to follow the team I've adopted, not because I'm from here, not because they won the league but because somehow I've always previously been made to feel I mattered? I just don't know. So I'm still undecided. Never mind I have at least another week.

At the end of the day, people will tell themselves whatever they need to in order to validate their actions. That's how it feels when I read posts like Paul's. They seem to posting for their own benefit rather than anyone else.

The 'I won't let them drive me outta my club' argument works on the basis that Venky's WANT to drive you out. No, they don't. They want your money and you're obliging. Again, that's your decision and I respect it, but let's not pretend that renewing is somehow sticking it to the Man, when it couldn't be further from that.

Brilliant post Paul. Brought tears to my eyes but I still can't bring myself to renew yet. It will only encourage them. Can I not persuade you to wait until later. If there are few renewals in April it may just precipitate Kean's dismissal.

Great post from Paul, do what you've got to do fella, you'll get no grief from me. It's easy for me, I've never had a season ticket because it never made sense ( Couldn't get to enough games to make it worthwhile, especially recently ), so it's not an issue. All I can say is I won't be going to Ewood again whilst these wasters are in change. Given the fact I'm not a young bloke anymore I've got to face the fact I may never go again. Not a pleasant thought.

I asked my son if he wanted to go to the Wigan game, given it may be our last home Premier League game for a long, long while. If he'd have said yes I may have wavered. His answer was " I'm not putting another penny into their pocket ".

Cue Jal, thernodrog, mercerman, 47er etc telling Paul to hang his head in shame. Top post Paul, brillient.

What a wonderful world where everyone can have an opinion and exercise a right to express it and people respect them for that.

Something Venky's could learn.

I've never missed a crucial game, home or away; been at every championship, promotion, play-off match, cup win or relegation no matter where. I've been at away games when I should have been elsewhere; I've slept in the concourse to get tickets for matches. I've experienced great joy and deep despair.

The Raos can NEVER, EVER experience or understand this. They can never take it away from me and they will never drive me out of Ewood.

Sometime in the next month I will be elated or deeply unhappy.

Top post Paul....all the above are exactly how I feel too.

Il be there again, no matter the league, no matter the manager or owners.

Well, over last few days, we've heard from different posters that ticket sales have reached somewhere in the range of less than 600 to 1,800 tops.

Nearly fell off my seat today when the guy in front turned round and proudly showed me his freshly issued renewal seat and went on to tell me that we'd win our last four games and consequently survive. Couldn't smell any wacky backy but some do live in a happy place !

Anyone any further news ?

• Backroom

Nearly fell off my seat today when the guy in front turned round and proudly showed me his freshly issued renewal seat and went on to tell me that we'd win our last four games and consequently survive. Couldn't smell any wacky backy but some do live in a happy place !

You didn't say you'd met Hughesy pal.

Archived