BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

So it's the fans fault again :angry2: Why don't you give it a rest with the holier than thou BS.

Think you are using terminology out of context there !

Simple fact is I thought I was right 12 months ago and now I know I'm right.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uncle is a long time season ticket holder at Rochdale. His renewal price is the same as my Dad paid for his in JW upper outer.

Considering Dale are almost certainly relegated back to 4th tier, and we may still be in the Premier League, crap owners/crap manager/crap signings/crap fan engagement ... we really are still spoilt in comparison to the majority of the professional game.

I might test the water later on in summer with a cheeky take it or leave it bid of half price for my old section of the ground. ^_^

........ Trouble is what do I do if they take it? :o:unsure:

Yes but look how much more exciting thing are under Kean. Last night's match had everything-----5 goals, 2 penalties, a red card, a great come-back from 2-0 down and, in the last few minutes, a dramatic winner! :tu:

You never had nights like that under Allardyce!

Also, under Allardyce, there was nothing to play for, we just had Premier league safety with weeks to go to the end of the season. Where's the enjoyment in that? :unsure:

Why don't you sod off and watch West Hams faltering promotion campaign if you like the man that much, every bloody thread 47er????

BORING

Think you are using terminology out of context there !

Simple fact is I thought I was right 12 months ago and now I know I'm right.

I think you might be right about the terminology thing you know-it-all, told-you-so, aren't-I-clever, pompous, pedantic god of a man

You wanna change your name to Mysticman :rolleyes:

Misplaced loyalty.

Wont be making same mistake again - additional holiday booked for November instead and missus delighted !

Is she not going?

• Backroom

Mercerman, if every single fan knew what was to come with 100% certainty the day they took over I am still convinced nothing would be any different now

I won't be renewing until things change myself so could be some time

Mercerman, if every single fan knew what was to come with 100% certainty the day they took over I am still convinced nothing would be any different now

I won't be renewing until things change myself so could be some time

I agree that our owners wouldn't have shifted from their self destructive course no matter the fans opposition. The lies told to the so called Pune 9 - and their disregard to the protests and disasterous run of results prior to xmas show that.

I agree that our owners wouldn't have shifted from their self destructive course no matter the fans opposition. The lies told to the so called Pune 9 - and their disregard to the protests and disasterous run of results prior to xmas show that.

Exactly.

That's why these posts I keep reading saying 'well if more had protested things would have changed'.

No, they wouldn't. The whole of Blackburn could have turned up with pitchforks, Abbey could have led a crack team in burning down the Venky compound, still wouldn't faze them.

THEY DONT GIVE A ######, and as Aggy said they have probably told Kean his job is safe this very week.

• Backroom

Agreed with the above posts. Venky's came in with a very specific and devious plan in mind, and the fans are a total irrelevance to that plan. Any attempts at communication has been a smokescreen to try and give them an easier ride whilst they raped the club and tore to shreds everything we loved about it.

Eeeeeh... I hate Venky's as much as the next man but I'm not seeing asset-stripping as the plan all along. It wouldn't explain why in the first transfer window we spent £4m each on Rochina & Formica, and hefty loan fees/wages for Santa Cruz & Jermaine Jones. I think they were simply conned by JA & co into thinking this football lark would be a doddle but now (what with the trouble from Barclays) they've found out it's an entirely different animal altogether and are content to run us like a sweatshop.

• Backroom

I'm not sure their plan was asset-stripping either, but it was definitely to run the club on the cheap and claw back as much money as possible asap via player sales, wage reduction, etc. Then at some point they were probably convinced they'd be able to sell for a decent profit and the job's a goodun.

I think they'll be surprised how few takers there are if they try and hawk the club around once we're relegated.

I'll be there, with as someone mentioned above probably substantial legroom all round if the reaction of those sat around me at last night's game is any guide.

Speaking to one of the Fans Forum members who made the trip to Pune last year he seemed of the view that the owners didn't genuinely seem to regard relegation as an option so if they're acting in good faith then their view of Kean should have altered radically as a result of his failure (barring an unlikely turnaround) to guide us to safety. And they can try to rectify matters.

If they're not, or they lose whatever interest they had as a result of us no longer being in the Premier League, the future will be very uncertain and potentially bleak.

Eeeeeh... I hate Venky's as much as the next man but I'm not seeing asset-stripping as the plan all along. It wouldn't explain why in the first transfer window we spent £4m each on Rochina & Formica, and hefty loan fees/wages for Santa Cruz & Jermaine Jones. I think they were simply conned by JA & co into thinking this football lark would be a doddle but now (what with the trouble from Barclays) they've found out it's an entirely different animal altogether and are content to run us like a sweatshop.

So either way we need rid of the shytehouses. Anything that hurts the only thing they care about, ie. their pocket, is all good to me.

We cannot move forward until we are rid of this set of pricks and the lying puppet.

I'm not sure their plan was asset-stripping either, but it was definitely to run the club on the cheap and claw back as much money as possible asap via player sales, wage reduction, etc. Then at some point they were probably convinced they'd be able to sell for a decent profit and the job's a goodun.

I think they'll be surprised how few takers there are if they try and hawk the club around once we're relegated.

I agree that they want to reduce the clubs outgoing - but not certain how much is down to the banks and how much is down to the poor decisions they made when they first took over.

Everything that will come with relegation would have come under the trust - the Venkys are extremely unlikely to get their money back if/when we get relegated. I have never really understood the asset stripping argument.

I'll be there, with as someone mentioned above probably substantial legroom all round if the reaction of those sat around me at last night's game is any guide.

Speaking to one of the Fans Forum members who made the trip to Pune last year he seemed of the view that the owners didn't genuinely seem to regard relegation as an option so if they're acting in good faith then their view of Kean should have altered radically as a result of his failure (barring an unlikely turnaround) to guide us to safety. And they can try to rectify matters.

If they're not, or they lose whatever interest they had as a result of us no longer being in the Premier League, the future will be very uncertain and potentially bleak.

So if Kean keeps us up he's not a failure?

What makes you think they have any interest whatsoever in running the club correctly Rev? It would be more difficult to see that turnaround than for us to stay up IMO. Blind optimism?

I agree that they want to reduce the clubs outgoing - but not certain how much is down to the banks and how much is down to the poor decisions they made when they first took over.

Everything that will come with relegation would have come under the trust - the Venkys are extremely unlikely to get their money back if/when we get relegated. I have never really understood the asset stripping argument.

Aren't they simply determined to put no money of their own in and everything flows from that?

So they bungle along from week to week probably hoping for a miracle which they and we will not get. Buffoons.

I think you might be right about the terminology thing you know-it-all, told-you-so, aren't-I-clever, pompous, pedantic god of a man

You wanna change your name to Mysticman :rolleyes:

Is she not going?

Better to have a view and express opinion than be a boring b@st@rd.

Yep, wife's going, she chose it - have a great relationship and long may it continue !

So if Kean keeps us up he's not a failure?

What makes you think they have any interest whatsoever in running the club correctly Rev? It would be more difficult to see that turnaround than for us to stay up IMO. Blind optimism?

1) That's not what I said at all is it?

2) I don't know, only time will tell that and they certainly have a lot of ground to make up. However an objective business observer with no vested interest as a fan in doing well on the pitch might well be of the view that the cost cutting and reduction in wages to turnover represent sensible business practice.

Glad you have seen the light, at last !!!

Unfortunately, you like many others have arrived at that conclusion too late. !2 months ago was the time to have pilloried Kean & Venky's and we might not have been where we are now. Too many "let's give them a chance merchants" when the writing was on the wall a long, long time ago.

Mighty odd phenomenon around these parts. Many were prepared to give Ince a chance too, yet few extended the same opportunity to the proven safe hands of the manager inbetween them.

Archived