BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Leeds? :lol:

You carry on making excuses Matty :tu:

What excuse?

'we get the same home crowds, we should take the same away'

Case in point Leeds. Or Forest, or Sheff Wed, or Wolves, or West Brom- bigger fanbases.

I will leave it there, canny be arsed with rowing with you, we've been here before :tu:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to reiterate what a poster has already mentioned here, I learned today that season ticket sales are very poor compared to the previous season early bird renewals.

The figure mentioned was LESS than 1500 to date.

As already flagged in this thread, over the last few days, Preston Blue has heard "somewhat less than 2,000" and I've heard 1,400.

All kind of ties-in.

Sad times.

As already flagged in this thread, over the last few days, Preston Blue has heard "somewhat less than 2,000" and I've heard 1,400.

All kind of ties-in.

Sad times.

I expect that after this thread has been read by "Mr PNE Agnew" over the weekend we shall see positive spin coming from the way of the Club on the lines of: "excellent early Bird ST sales to date, exceed our expectations...."

What kind of fool would renew with our league status hanging by a thread, an incompetent in charge, disinterested owners and any decent players up for sale to be replaced by dross?? :blink:

A supporter of there Town team who they have always supported, and always will?

I think Matty has a point Gav..Bolton ARE almost identical to us on the crowds front,home and away.Similar sized club with a supporter base facing the same social and financial problems in the same area of the North West.

Our away support is strange these days,we can take 4-5,000 to Bolton and Wigan yet take only 1,000 if lucky to places like Old Trafford,Goodison,Anfield etc.

Cost has obviously got to be a factor and also coupled with the fact we expect to take a hiding with a complete no-show from the team.

Can only reiterate as many are saying that ST sales next year are going through the floor.

If people want to continue to support the lads even after we've been invaded by Martians, then fair play to them.

It's not something I could do but others will always differ.

I think Matty has a point Gav..Bolton ARE almost identical to us on the crowds front,home and away.Similar sized club with a supporter base facing the same social and financial problems in the same area of the North West.

Our away support is strange these days,we can take 4-5,000 to Bolton and Wigan yet take only 1,000 if lucky to places like Old Trafford,Goodison,Anfield etc.

Cost has obviously got to be a factor and also coupled with the fact we expect to take a hiding with a complete no-show from the team.

Can only reiterate as many are saying that ST sales next year are going through the floor.

Once the final figures are in I'm sure we'll only be about 1% down.

This time last year, I read from a few on here, 'that's me done till Venky's leave', but in the real world I didn't come across one fan who was stopping- end result, 3000 down.

This year, far more on here arent renewing, and in the real world every other person I meet is either wavering or firmly saying 'no more'- end result? Armageddon.

If people want to continue to support the lads even after we've been invaded by Martians, then fair play to them.

It's not something I could do but others will always differ.

Once the final figures are in I'm sure we'll only be about 1% down.

majiball, do you mean 1% which is about 140/150 down. Or did you mean 10% (which I believe is on the low side)?

I will not even visit Ewood with this lot as owners and Kean as manager, maybe if they binned Kean and started to run Rovers as a football club again, I could reconsider but after 50 years supporting the club, I can utilise my money far better.

I do not feel welcome at Ewood, supporters are treated like idiots and I do not pay money to be treated in this way, how the owners run their business is mind boggling, not only are they incompetent, they are arrogant, total cowards in their inability to face the supporters and in my opinion, there is something quite corrupt happening behind the scenes.

Sadly going to be much higher Maj I fear but we'll have to wait and see.

majiball, do you mean 1% which is about 140/150 down. Or did you mean 10% (which I believe is on the low side)?

I think Majiball might have been employing rather more than a hint of sarcasm by anticipating the club's official response. ;)

After all it's not that this lot are known for being pathological liars is it? OOOPs.... there's some more. ^_^

Don't let Mercerman see that, he was prepared to take bets it would be less than 1000 before 30th April - funnily enough he never responded to numerous people who wanted to take him up on his offer :huh:

Pyyrhic victory for you then.

Like Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn.

As Kelbo says above - many have said similar but I'm quoting that cos it's handy - I'll be damned if I'm giving them my hard earned and in some way giving them justification for the way they've run/are running things.

On the other, I said to myself about a year ago there's no way these Indian idiots will drive me out of MY club where I've attended for years. Also not living locally means I have a reason every couple of weeks to call in on family.

Being brutally honest I'd say I'm 70/30 against renewing, will see if anything improves over the coming months (though I'm highly doubtful). Frankly, at the moment if they paid me to attend I'd refuse.

Why are the non-renewers in this thread being so pushy about everyone joining them? Could it be because if you're not going you want things to be as rubbish as possible so you know you've made the right decision?

I'm with Hughesy. I'm going Rovers cause I'm proud of where I'm from and I wanna support it. Maybe the complete lack of reluctance from so many others to jump ship says something about a lack of loyalty to the town of Blackburn. After all the nightlife has died, the rest of the country keeps telling us its ****, and there's the obvious negative for anyone with slightly racist tendencies.

Well I couldn't care less, its where I'm from and I'm proud of it. And some whacko owners being in charge of Rovers for a few years is totally insignificant compared to that. You think 2 years under Venkys would make three quarters of Burnley's fanbase pack up and leave? I don't.

Why are the non-renewers in this thread being so pushy about everyone joining them? Could it be because if you're not going you want things to be as rubbish as possible so you know you've made the right decision?

I'm with Hughesy. I'm going Rovers cause I'm proud of where I'm from and I wanna support it. Maybe the complete lack of reluctance from so many others to jump ship says something about a lack of loyalty to the town of Blackburn. After all the nightlife has died, the rest of the country keeps telling us its ****, and there's the obvious negative for anyone with slightly racist tendencies.

Well I couldn't care less, its where I'm from and I'm proud of it. And some whacko owners being in charge of Rovers for a few years is totally insignificant compared to that. You think 2 years under Venkys would make three quarters of Burnley's fanbase pack up and leave? I don't.

I agree that some folk on here ned to back off with this militant 'damn those who renew', as someone that has renewed it is starting to grate, make your own choice.

The rest of it is most odd. I've read various posts saying Burnley fans 'would have been up and arms about Venky's and wouldn't have stood for it like we meekly have'. But you are saying they would just have got on with it?

Then a lack of loyalty to the town? Some of those I know not renewing I wouldn't have believed if you'd have told me a couple of years ago.

It is about the breakdown of THEIR relationship wit those running their football club, nowt to do with the town, its ethnic makeup, its nightlife or whatever else.

probably renew at the last minute as at the end of the day we go to watch a game of footy , walk to the ground few beers on the way before and after - win lose or draw , etc no mattter what division Rovers are in but if I had to travel and not live local then my view would change to one of why waste the time and effort to give to these Charlatans !

It is each individuals own choice but remember the fans will be here long after Venkys + kean ( hopefully they are just squatting )

Archived