BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

. . . how the owners run their business is mind boggling, not only are they incompetent, they are arrogant, total cowards in their inability to face the supporters and in my opinion, there is something quite corrupt happening behind the scenes.

+1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are the non-renewers in this thread being so pushy about everyone joining them? Could it be because if you're not going you want things to be as rubbish as possible so you know you've made the right decision?

I'm with Hughesy. I'm going Rovers cause I'm proud of where I'm from and I wanna support it. Maybe the complete lack of reluctance from so many others to jump ship says something about a lack of loyalty to the town of Blackburn. After all the nightlife has died, the rest of the country keeps telling us its ****, and there's the obvious negative for anyone with slightly racist tendencies.

Well I couldn't care less, its where I'm from and I'm proud of it. And some whacko owners being in charge of Rovers for a few years is totally insignificant compared to that. You think 2 years under Venkys would make three quarters of Burnley's fanbase pack up and leave? I don't.

I am not renewing before 30th April 2012 for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, in the hope that cash flow is so desperate for BRFC Venkys that this may force the issue. The issue being for them to sell my club, or Barclays (assuming they are still the major creditor, which they were the last time I checked)to force them out.

Secondly, as the only possible signal of my protest against how they have behaved.

I shall then nearer the season ticket renewal cut off date reassess my position.

I do this in the knowledge that it may very well cost me more money.

I don't believe that any fellow supporter should be giving or receiving stick for their views on this subject, yet it still might be useful to emphasise the reasons so that others may feel likewise, without being too 'pushy'.

Similarly please don't question the loyalty or being proud of our club or town.

It is each individuals own choice but remember the fans will be here long after Venkys + kean ( hopefully they are just squatting )

Well no-one's really sure what, if anything will be left after the Raos have gone. That's a big part of the discussion. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but for the people who will renew because they're true fans and that's what they do, I have to ask what it would take for you to say "no, I wont support that"? Anything at all?

This time last year, I read from a few on here, 'that's me done till Venky's leave', but in the real world I didn't come across one fan who was stopping- end result, 3000 down.

This year, far more on here arent renewing, and in the real world every other person I meet is either wavering or firmly saying 'no more'- end result? Armageddon.

Just goes to show the different circles we all live in.

I agree that some folk on here ned to back off with this militant 'damn those who renew', as someone that has renewed it is starting to grate, make your own choice.

Don't let it. It's definitely a personal choice.

The thing that is grating me is that no matter HOW BADLY we play, or HOW FAR we fall, or HOW MANY players we get rid of or freeze out - there is no attempt to address it.

Kean will still be in charge if we are in a relegation battle in the Championship next season and he will probably be rewarded if we stay up.

Player sales will happen REGARDLESS of our division.

Fans feelings will be ignored NO MATTER what we say/do.

Barring a miracle survival and sale to a wealthy middle-eastern group, our sustained period of being a well run mid-table, european-spot chasing club are long gone - and aren't coming back.

In terms of value for money, £225 for a season ticket in the Championship (or probably League One) is still great value (relative to other clubs) but will we be competitive even at that level? And where will the cost cutting end?

On the flip-side, if we stay up, we are going to go through this exact same scenario next season - possibly even worrying about relegation in February. How is that any fun? Renewal would be out of loyalty to my home town club and something to do of a weekend. My internal dilemma is: is that enough?

Venkys have turned us from a Premier League club into a lower league club, who may - if we are lucky - yo-yo between divisions, with no hope that they will ever have the appetite to get us back to the level we were WHEN THEY FIRST BOUGHT THE CLUB.

However, my biggest worry is: will they keep the club from going under if we go down? At the minute there is still equity in the club, as well as future income from this seasons placing in the PL (possibly next) then parachute payments, plus some paltry player sales. I have NO CONFIDENCE at all that they won't liquidate us once all the money runs out.

18 months(?) in charge of Rovers and we still dont know what they want from us,why they are really here?.They now refuse point blank to talk to their own customers let alone the local or national media,politicians nor prominent local businessmen.

How in Gods name can you run a football club/business in this way and not expect matters to fall apart very quickly as we are witnessing?

They wont talk but they want your cash ... #### OFF! <_<

Why are the non-renewers in this thread being so pushy about everyone joining them? Could it be because if you're not going you want things to be as rubbish as possible so you know you've made the right decision?

I'm with Hughesy. I'm going Rovers cause I'm proud of where I'm from and I wanna support it. Maybe the complete lack of reluctance from so many others to jump ship says something about a lack of loyalty to the town of Blackburn. After all the nightlife has died, the rest of the country keeps telling us its ****, and there's the obvious negative for anyone with slightly racist tendencies.

Well I couldn't care less, its where I'm from and I'm proud of it. And some whacko owners being in charge of Rovers for a few years is totally insignificant compared to that. You think 2 years under Venkys would make three quarters of Burnley's fanbase pack up and leave? I don't.

What a truly hypocritical post.

So you don't agree with non-renewers being 'pushy', but it's okay for you to trash talk them and question their loyalty?

You think 2 years under Venkys would make three quarters of Burnley's fanbase pack up and leave? I don't.

Relegation to the championship did that, they don't need venkys to lose 'fans' :tu:

Oh, do you prefer opinions that differ to yours to be expressed in a more timid, restrained manner? I'll try to remember that in future.

Dude, stop backtracking. You clearly don't agree with the "pushy" non-renewers if you're calling their loyalty into question and saying they've jumped ship.

Nobody wants to be a constant loser and that is exactly what we have become,Personally I prefer to flick over a channel to find out how badly we`ve been beaten again,I`m certainly not paying to be consistently embarrassed.

Fair enough, maybe it was a bit hypocritical. Although I'd mainly describe it as self-defence on behalf of those choosing to stick by their club, who have so far been branded fools among other things in this thread.

Out of interest I wonder if the non-renewers will avoid any of their own hypocrisy next season by shunning Venky-run Rovers in its entireity and so denying them any publicity/revenue to be gained from other sources. So no posting on here, no watching us on TV, no listening to us on the radio, no talking about us down the pub. That would be impressive.

But I reckon there'll just be a lot more cynical observers peering intently through the window and getting their "thats why I don't go anymore" posts at the ready.

I will watch any free games on TV or online, I will not personally, put any money into the club until they either leave the club, sack Kean or treat supporters as human beings and not one of their chickens!

I have put 50 years support to Rovers, when you have done that, at all but one level of the professional leagues and then experienced this Circus from Pune and their entorage, I am sure you would feel the same!!

WELL MINE REMAINS UNOPEN AND AFTER TONIGHT IM THINKING IM FINISHED AND THE WAY I FEEL NOW THATS ME THE CHICKEN SCUM HAVE BEAT ME...I HAD A BRIEF CHAT WITH MUM ON THE CAR PARK AFTER AND HAD TO WALK AWAY AS I WAS SO ANGRY ( NOT AT YOU MUM) AT WHAT I HAVE YET AGAIN SEEN . TO CAP IT ALL THE SCUMMY OWNERS WERE THERE AND LEFT AT 2-2 ...THE SCUM HAVE NOT EVEN GOT THE DECENCY TO STAY FOR A FULL MATCH. :angry: :angry:

last game was 2 years ago, not from protest basis just distance, time and cost. Certainly no plans to go anytime soon though but have refrained from making purchases from club shop online as a point of protest.

All the years worrying about club finances low gates s### club shop poor merchendising and how it effects the club i love to now not giving 2 s##ts about the clubs finances and if anything hoping we make huge losses if it expediates a sale. How odd does it feel as a fan to openly welcome administration.

A Season Ticket Renewal Moral Dilemma.

Do I tell my lad:

1) "We are not going to let Venkys drive us out of OUR club, its our home town team and we can't just give up - like standing up to a bully who you can never win against and taking a kicking just to spite him, and when all you really want to do is run away"?

2) "Sometimes you have to make a choice for the greater good even if it's the hardest thing in the world to do and it means giving up something you love - like putting down your pet dog because keeping him alive is just prolonging his pain and suffering"?

Help?

• Backroom

How much is your lad really going to enjoy watching Rovers play as long as Kean and Venky's are there? How can he have any pride in the team? How do you explain to him what Blackburn Rovers is all about when the wicked witch of India, her idiot brothers and the bald bandit are in charge?

I don't envy you, pal.

Do I tell my lad:

1) "We are not going to let Venkys drive us out of OUR club, its our home town team and we can't just give up - like standing up to a bully who you can never win against and taking a kicking just to spite him, and when all you really want to do is run away"?

2) "Sometimes you have to make a choice for the greater good even if it's the hardest thing in the world to do and it means giving up something you love - like putting down your pet dog because keeping him alive is just prolonging his pain and suffering"?

Help?

Wait till Summer in the hope something has changed to make the decision easier.

Do I tell my lad:

Help?

A tricky one. I haven't been this season and I won't be doing until Venky's/Kean have gone. It's a horrible feeling because no matter how long you've been supporting them you never lose that sense of anticipation that comes on a match day. However, I don't really think it is 'our' club anymore. It is now just a project/business venture for some faceless businessman and their stooge manager. Even in the darkest days that i remember in the 80's there was always a sense that the fans were listened to and that the manager was accountable for his performance. Not now.

That said, if your son still loves going then it's worth it for that reason alone. My mates in the same position, he's renewing but only because his young son still wants to go. Blood is thicker than chicken. I know i haven't helped but i tried my best!

• Backroom

Just how many games have we lost at Ewood his season ?

We've now lost 11. We've won 5.

In Allardyce's last full season (09/10) in charge we won 10 and only lost 3 at Ewood the entire season.

Do I tell my lad:

Help?

Stu

We've never met. Love your passion for this club. I have a similar problem brewing. The boy is 7 and itching...

3) "Look son, never mind Man bloody City, they're crap. You know I hate Kean and Venkys but this is what we do. This is where we live pal. When your older you can decide but right now you're going to learn to swear with your Dad on the Blackburn End. This is where Shearer used to play, and you love him, coz I showed you, over and over, on YouTube. and Simon Garner, brilliant. Matt Jansen was brilliant as well. Mate, you've no choice. It's Rovers or no football for you pal"

I'll buy you a pint next year Stu. That's the kicker. I've met so many good people over the years watching OUR football club it's untrue. Shall we all stop meeting each other occasionally just because of these bsatards?

I'd pay 200 quid a year just for a few beers with my mates. You should too.

Archived