BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Backroom

It's all a risk factor isn't it.

Sure you could go shopping or to the pub on a Saturday and enjoy it more than going and watching us get beat off WBA but can someone who went to old Trafford on new years eve honestly say they would have had a better time doing something else that afternoon?

Kean or no Kean, Venkys or no Venkys those moments as infrequent as they may be make it worthwhile for a lot of folk still

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if someone has stated already but does anyone have a number for renewals so far ?

Heards a number mentioned a couploe of days ago and IF correct, was embarrassingly low.

are you renewal next season???

Chaddy - for me to renew my tickets, Venky's & Kean will need to go.

IMO, both are imbeciles and I'll be voting with my feet and money.

i have renewed but on my terms. Normally i pay adult season ticket blackburn end up front and often i pay straight away but not this time. Direct debit season ticket in darwen end, roll up just before kick off to use the gents, no food, no drink, no programme's and no merchandise. It might sound a bit daft but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not giving them it all up front and with a bit of luck they'll be long gone so they can't do one with all my brass. I've resigned myself to relegation so it won't be united, city and Liverpool i miss either.

The problem with this whole thread is that people continue to confuse Blackburn Rovers with a football club. Many of the responses are essentially about "the game of football".

Rovers ceased to be a football club the day Venkys bought it. It just took us a while to realise it and some still don't realise it.

If it were, the manager would have gone long ago------based on results but confirmed by his alienation from the supporters and dropping attendances.

Venkys will never sack him because he does what they require. Who else can have players forced on him that are utterly unfitted for the purpose? Who else would continue when he isn't even free to select the squad he's had forced on him?

Who else would see his vastly experienced players forced out and be made to concoct lies about it?

The supporters are no more important to Venkys than the players or the results. We are all pawns.

To buy a season ticket in these circumstances is to condone.

Imagine if no-one bought a season ticket and no Rovers fan turned up to the first match of the season? Venkys would be laughed out of the UK, the club would be on the market, the press would have a field day, at Venky's expense not ours for once.

It won't happen of course because people are totally confused about where their real loyalties lie.

Loyalty now, in the usual sense of turning up and cheering the players on = the death of our club.

That's the scenario we have been dropped into.

There are some very cogent and lucid arguements on here about renewing Season Tickets. Thanks to all for the discussion, it's been an educational read.

For my ten-cents worth: I've been a ST holder for over 20 years and was a regular for a number of years before then. I haven't been to Ewood since that debacle in the FA Cup at Cardiff where I simply lost the will to bother any more. My ST has been gathering dust since then.

I said to my brother (also a ST holder, we sit next to each other)last weekend that I'll try and go to the last three home games, starting with Liverpool next Tuesday night. Even that is now a committment I'm slightly regretting. I will have to set off at about 17:30 and unlikely to get home before 23:30. That's five hours to watch Liverpool end it's dreadful run and a miserable evening. I may as well stay at home and nail my pen15 to the kitchen table. It might be a bit more painful but it'll cost less

As you can tell from what's on the left hand side of your computer screen I'm in Manchester and my Ewood trip involves a 70 mile round trip with the associated costs in both time & travel costs. I've done this willingly for many years but right now I'm of the mind that I'm not going to continue.

What has tipped the scales is the rotten ownership, manager & management of the club that I used to have allegience to. I no longer have that allegience as I think that they are all neither less than honest or competant.

So, unless my brother has unforseen powers of persuasion, this season is me finished.

I hope you respect my decision. For those of you who still go next year I respect yours.

Imagine if no-one bought a season ticket and no Rovers fan turned up to the first match of the season? Venkys would be laughed out of the UK, the club would be on the market, the press would have a field day, at Venky's expense not ours for once.

Loyalty now, in the usual sense of turning up and cheering the players on = the death of our club.

Good post 47er.

In response to the first paragraph I've highlighted. I suspect the reality could be somewhat different.

They'll be yet more spin and bull put out in the Press. "Ungrateful Rovers fans", "most clubs fans would love to be in their position and the tickets are the cheapest in the league". I can hear Skys Jim White now "they've never taken to poor old Steve Kean and despite Venkys selling tickets at £225 in the Blackburn End they have had the offer thrown back in their faces. Imagine that Arsenal fans! £225 for a Season Ticket? It makes you wonder what those idiot Blackburn fans actually want". They'll also be that good old suspicion of racism put out there by someone or other as one of the main reasons people haven't renewed.

Basically it'll be the fans fault again. Meanime don't be at all surprised should they then put us into Administration. To hell with it. Take the money and run. Let's be honest, they are in the black on this. So cut and run, then blame the fans for not supporting the club and taking up their fantastically generous ST offer.

Finally, in response to the 2nd line highlighted. Not turning up is also the death of our football club.

It's all been beautifully engineered (in a sick way), just a shame BRFC pulled the shortest Venkys straw.

I didn`t re-new 3 season tickets this season & won`t be buying any next season either.

I`m NOT a criminal, nor am i a mug.......& won`t be treated like one.

I won`t set foot inside Ewood Park until these frauds have gone.

VENKYS OUT!!

The only way to be really effective is not to renew . send the envelope back un opened with refused written on ..

The post office will return it to the address on the back ......

The protests should have been a mass boycott and season tickets should not be renewed ..Like an earlier poster said we are no longer a football club ..Venkys and Kean have to go and NOT RENEWING is my protest until they have gone...

Presumably you'll be charged for an extra 4 or 7 matches?

Although maybe they are in denial - after all Kean did guarantee we won't be relegated.

:lol: ...together with his assurances that Junior's signing was imminent, that we'd have money to spend early in the transfer windows, that Samba was going nowhere, etc... Like many Rovers fans, I've had to stop reading and listening to his drivel because it's bad for your health isn't it? Keanitis - wonder if you could get time off work with that? No, probably just certified.

Are you and the lads renewing next season Aggers?

Very doubtful Mike.

I think not giving Venky's the cash upfront will hurt them and I want to hurt them real bad.

I will probably just do some away games next season or until Venky's/Kean have gone.

The thought of not going and giving my seats up will really hurt but I believe it's for the greater good of the football club.

The only way to be really effective is not to renew . send the envelope back un opened with refused written on ..

The post office will return it to the address on the back ......

The protests should have been a mass boycott and season tickets should not be renewed ..Like an earlier poster said

we are no longer a football club ..Venkys and Kean have to go and NOT RENEWING is my protest until they have gone...

Exactly how I feel apart from my ST renewal was torn into pieces and is in the recycle bin.

As others have said, I totally respect those who will renew but I just wish people would respect my views. It has even got to the point where fellow ST holders are betting me cold hard cash that I'll renew....easy money in my book

What people seem to forget is that I am a fan of Blackburm Rovers and that will never change. I will still go to away games and cheer on the team I've supported for 30 years. What I won't do is give Venkys another penny

In terms of what would be needed for me to go back...Venkys sell, Kean removed and a proper board in place to run the club

I can dream can't I ?????

Your first paragraph seems to suggest that you would be prepared to watch utter dross each week so long as we won. Without wanting to sound like a west ham fan that's not what football is.

As a rough guide wnning is 75% of the enjoyment to me whilst entertainment is 25%. Get those figures the other way around and its misery.

The good lads down at swansea excepted very few teams other than the mega rich big boys can ever get entertaining and successful football together and many a lot have been relegated trying to. Take away the Prem winning days and the best bit of my 50 years supporting BRFC by a country mile was Sparky's Dogs of War (Jim Smiths era next just before our 3rd div resurrection under HK). No one pushed us around and no one relished facing us. Good, hard, competative play, rarely dirty and never a team of divers and cheaters. The media over egged the pudding big time and villified us when there was no need other than to suit the agenda of a few Billy Big Time managers. That BRFC team and that spirit were a great source of pride to me.

To fans like that its a religion. You don't go to church because there's nothing better to do, you go because you believe in and passionately want to be part of something.

Rather more like a marriage. When it's good it's great but when it sours it runs through disappointment and regret to bitterness and resentment.

My fear is half these fans who abandon the club now to get rid of Venkys will never come back. I'm not sure you, riggers etc realise how dangerous this apparent campaign to stop people going to Rovers is to the long-term future of the club.

Football's a habit to a lot of the non-diehard season ticket holders. They get out of that habit and there's a good chance they won't get back into it, regardless of what's going on at the club. I know people who got out of the habit years and years ago and no amount of success or cheap tickets has ever got them back. Its always too much effort or they don't have time or they can't afford it. They've stopped going, their families have and their future generations probably won't be going.

We lost about 3,000 season ticket holders last season, and could (if you guys get your way) lose about 6,000 this one. Will 9,000 come back when Venkys are gone? No chance. So Jack's legacy of our increased fanbase thats built up since the 90s is ruined.

That is the great fear. Unthinkable to all however if BRFC as we know it has run it's course then so be it. Nothing lasts forever and there is no point flogging a dead horse. As I see it the demographics of this area are moving away from providing support for a local team. 'Local' unfortunately is now increasingly Manchester.

Good post 47er.

In response to the first paragraph I've highlighted. I suspect the reality could be somewhat different.

They'll be yet more spin and bull put out in the Press. "Ungrateful Rovers fans", "most clubs fans would love to be in their position and the tickets are the cheapest in the league". I can hear Skys Jim White now "they've never taken to poor old Steve Kean and despite Venkys selling tickets at £225 in the Blackburn End they have had the offer thrown back in their faces. Imagine that Arsenal fans! £225 for a Season Ticket? It makes you wonder what those idiot Blackburn fans actually want". They'll also be that good old suspicion of racism put out there by someone or other as one of the main reasons people haven't renewed.

Basically it'll be the fans fault again. Meanime don't be at all surprised should they then put us into Administration. To hell with it. Take the money and run. Let's be honest, they are in the black on this. So cut and run, then blame the fans for not supporting the club and taking up their fantastically generous ST offer.

Finally, in response to the 2nd line highlighted. Not turning up is also the death of our football club.

It's all been beautifully engineered (in a sick way), just a shame BRFC pulled the shortest Venkys straw.

Good post Bob..we all know what's coming!

The club we once loved has been reduced to nothing more than a farce.

The problem with this whole thread is that people continue to confuse Blackburn Rovers with a football club. Many of the responses are essentially about "the game of football".

Rovers ceased to be a football club the day Venkys bought it. It just took us a while to realise it and some still don't realise it.

If it were, the manager would have gone long ago------based on results but confirmed by his alienation from the supporters and dropping attendances.

Venkys will never sack him because he does what they require. Who else can have players forced on him that are utterly unfitted for the purpose? Who else would continue when he isn't even free to select the squad he's had forced on him?

Who else would see his vastly experienced players forced out and be made to concoct lies about it?

The supporters are no more important to Venkys than the players or the results. We are all pawns.

To buy a season ticket in these circumstances is to condone.

It won't happen of course because people are totally confused about where their real loyalties lie.

That's the scenario we have been dropped into.

+1

In line with lot on here seem to be saying myself and the 5 usually go with will definitely not be buying a season ticket.

Not endorsing Venkys etc but the problem is that we all support rovers (venkean/agnew/etc aside) and a 30+ year habit is hard to stop cold turkey.

So what we thought of is getting an away season ticket leave ewood and lining venkeans pockets behind and just support the team on the road. Does anyone know if an away season ticket exists? And if so how much it costs?

In line with lot on here seem to be saying myself and the 5 usually go with are going with will definitely not be buying a season ticket.

Not endorsing Venkys etc but the problem is that we all support rovers (venkean/agnew/etc aside) and a 30+ year habit is hard to stop cold turkey.

So what we thought of is getting an away season ticket leave ewood and lining venkeans pockets behind and just support the team on the road. Does anyone know if an away season ticket exists? And if so how much it costs?

The club may offered guaranteed away tickets under a "season ticket scheme" as it has in the past. However, as take up has been very low, it probably won't.

There's no way the club can set a price, you'd just be charged each match by match, but work on the assumption of an average of around £35 per match. So about £650 each. In other ways, excluding increased travel costs, the six of you could all get season tickets at Ewood for the cost of two of you going to away matches...

The club may offered guaranteed away tickets under a "season ticket scheme" as it has in the past. However, as take up has been very low, it probably won't.

There's no way the club can set a price, you'd just be charged each match by match, but work on the assumption of an average of around £35 per match. So about £650 each. In other ways, excluding increased travel costs, the six of you could all get season tickets at Ewood for the cost of two of you going to away matches...

Cheers fella.

Will phone ticket office at some point see what the crack. Even if do such a scheme may insist buy home one as well.

We were guessing at £550 for season ticket plus another £1000 for travel etc over the season each.

It will be more expensive than home season ticket but do go to about 5-10 away games anyway so hopefully won’t feel the financial difference. It’s the only way can see that can continue to support them plus getting the season ticket would be key as we’d gradually just sack it off if left to buy them individually.

Archived