BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more season tickets we sell, the less chance we have of getting shut of Kean/Venky's.

I can't understand how people don't realise that.

Rubbish. Losing the Sky money and having no bugger else left to sell is what would make them do one.

Seventeen of us ...all in plum seats on the Riverside...since the new Riverside was built(mid 1980s?)

Like a second family, with kids replacing the deceased older generation and continuity of support being expected

of all 20 of us (now).

Why do we let Venkys and Kean spoil all that? Three years at most and they will be gone.

At these prices we are not sponsoring Venkys or anyone....and its 20 times better than Jim Iley's reign. Then there was NO hope.

We will probably be down to pre 1992 ST sales anyway next season, think that will be evidence enough.

The ground could be empty as long as the Sky money is rolling in and there is still an Olsson or a Yak to sell.

Seventeen of us ...all in plum seats on the Riverside...since the new Riverside was built(mid 1980s?)

Like a second family, with kids replacing the deceased older generation and continuity of support being expected

of all 20 of us (now).

Why do we let Venkys and Kean spoil all that? Three years at most and they will be gone.

At these prices we are not sponsoring Venkys or anyone....and its 20 times better than Jim Iley's reign. Then there was NO hope.

So you don't think Venkys are spoiling anything at Ewood then?? 3 yrs more of this lot mate and you will be taking up your seat at Mill Hill St Peters.

Hes enraged because its the only realistic personal stand that you can take as a supporter that actually feels like you are making your own statement against this rabble.We would all love to be happily getting stuck in and renewing at these unbelievable prices. But the point is that in doing so , you are really just giving your blessing to the status quo.

All these guys are saying is that by renewing you are effectively giving away your vote to oust these goons.If thats ok with you then fine and nobody should be on your case for doing it but do us all a favour and just do it without subjecting us to the justification.

To be clear, the vast majority who say they aren't renewing want to with all their hearts but can't get past feeling they are supporting a bunch of charlatans who are killing our club and its the most important card you have to play in rebelling against that.And i am in that camp and i hate myself for it!!

Correct... and a conclusion that resulted in me not renewing 10 months ago.

The low cost of the ST's has taken relegation right out of the equation as they are cheaper than those 'enjoyed' by supporters in the lower divisions. Not renewing is the ONLY way to make our opinions heard now that the media have deemed us supporters to be in the wrong, now that the club have banned banners and printed T shirts etc, now that the various BRFC web sites have been subject to censor or legal threat, now that our best players have been offloaded or are about to be, and after such stunts as the club's PA system being used to drown out pre agreed protest after the Spurs match and the 'what plane? I saw no plane' guff. The list of insults to the supporters simply goes on and on.

However to cut to the chase these are the relevent issues....

Practical issues...

1. Am I happy with the new regime?

2. Am I enjoying the matchday experience?

Moral isssue.......

3. Close your eyes and picture the Venkeymob, Kean, and the Fat Controller and ask yourself I completely happy writing out a cheque for my money to go to these people?

Nuff said.

I complete understand the reasons why people are not going to renew and on the most part agree with them.

However, the reason I have decided to renew (and I did think about not renewing) is because I refuse to let Kean et al drive me away from MY club. It is a matter of principle. I was here before they arrived and I will be here long after they have gone.

Two very distinct trains of thought are apparent here:

why should I stop my support for my club because of Venky's et al

why should I renew and be seen to support what venky's et al have done to my club

The choice is your's folk's,you make YOUR own decision,you choose your own path....both must be respected in my personal view.

They are certainly in for a big shock with ST sales imo.Our owners arrogance and stupidity is the main factor for what will inevitably happen,the fans are not culpable in any way,shape or form...you reap what you sow.

I complete understand the reasons why people are not going to renew and on the most part agree with them.

However, the reason I have decided to renew (and I did think about not renewing) is because I refuse to let Kean et al drive me away from MY club. It is a matter of principle. I was here before they arrived and I will be here long after they have gone.

Conjecture M'Lud.

Noble sentiments but misguided. We know what this shower are like now don't we? If we all swamp them with completed ST requests and fill the ground they'll never damned well do anything different OR leave will they Kamy. They'll think treating the supporters and history of BRFC with barely concealed contempt and running the club into the ground is OK and deem it a sure signal to continue.

why should I stop my support for my club beacause of Venky's et al

why should I renew and be seen to support what venky's et al have done to my club

The choice is your's folk's,you make YOUR own decision,you choose your own path....both must be respected in my personal view.

Exactly.

They are certainly in for a big shock with ST sales imo,you reap what you sow.

Spot on Matty, I wouldn't dream of telling people whether to renew or not. As for sales, well I honestly don't know how many we'll lose. The only thing I'm sure about is that they certainly wont be rising.

p.s.. What kind of impression do the people who live in Blackburn get, after talking to friends rather than reading forums, about next seasons sales? Not living there myself, it's hard to tell from here.

Yes you are not letting them drive you away but you are giving them your money and encouraging them to stay. In a way it's a selfish attitude because you are letting down the ones who are making a sacrifice for the sake of the club they love.

If I can't persuade you not to renew then let me ask you to do what I am doing and delay buying the ticket until the very last moment in the hope that they will believe that the only way to sell their tickets is to sack Kean. It may cost a little more but I would gladly pay extra to get rid of Kean.

They are certainly in for a big shock with ST sales imo.Our owners arrogance and stupidity is the main factor for what will inevitably happen,the fans are not culpable in any way,shape or form...you reap what you sow.

The single best post on this thread.

People TELLING people what to do on this thread is getting tiresome.

Stating the obvious, more like.

This wouldn't be much of a 'forum' if people weren't allowed to voice their opinions.

This wouldn't be much of a 'forum' if people weren't allowed to voice their opinions.

Quite right. A forum is about people giving their views. Over the next month I'll decide if I'm going to renew my season ticket or not but it will be my decision and not based on the opinions of others. I'll weigh up the pros and cons and make a decision based on what I think and not what other people think.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but haven't you been telling people they shouldn't protest?

If I've mixed you up with anyone else I apologise.

Hes enraged because its the only realistic personal stand that you can take as a supporter that actually feels like you are making your own statement against this rabble.We would all love to be happily getting stuck in and renewing at these unbelievable prices. But the point is that in doing so , you are really just giving your blessing to the status quo.

All these guys are saying is that by renewing you are effectively giving away your vote to oust these goons.If thats ok with you then fine and nobody should be on your case for doing it but do us all a favour and just do it without subjecting us to the justification.

To be clear, the vast majority who say they aren't renewing want to with all their hearts but can't get past feeling they are supporting a bunch of charlatans who are killing our club and its the most important card you have to play in rebelling against that.And i am in that camp and i hate myself for it!!

At the risk of repetition......................

That's true, but it's THEIR opinions. They have a right to air them.

Exactly.

This is the Season Ticket thread. People should be allowed to express their views on why people shouldn't renew. It doesn't mean anyone is laying down the law to others.

"I'll get in trouble for saying this, but if you're renewing next season, then you have more money than sense." "You're nothing but bums on seats."

Voice your opinion but you don't need to ram it down people's throats.

Not attending/ not renewing will have no affect on Venkys. The small gate receipts are nothing in comparison to TV money.

Dont renew because you think it will hurt Venkys, then your dreaming and simply using it as a get-out clause.

It will only hurt what is supposed to be 'YOUR TEAM' - so for that reason il be there as normal, giving 100% support to the lads and willing them on to do better, no matter what league we are in. Im not in it for the glory, im in it because I have a passion for my town team which my grandad got me into when I was 6 or 7.

Archived