BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

What does it matter to you, or anyone else, what I or Hughsey or anybody else on the forum spend our money on?

That's right, it has nothing to do with you!

for the record, I am renewing, I will be buying the new shirt (most likely both again) and I will also spend money of some half time refreshments next season

That's some great forum community management right there!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone explain to me how Venkys are getting MY money?

The bloody players are getting my money(and the SKY money)....its the extra money for better players that Venkys are not providing.

My support is for BRSIT and a long-term solution with a new Benefactor and Supporter %age ownership. We do not want to haemorrhage our long-term support and have a much weaker Club to 'take-over'.

Could someone explain to me how Venkys are getting MY money?

Depends what's happened to the £31m in player sales this last season mhead. I don't know the answer to that, but I would like to know. Does anyone know for sure that it isn't supporting Venky's other businesses?

• Backroom

Blackburn Rovers belong to Venky's, so technically any money that goes towards the club also goes towards them. The players are owned by the club which is owned by Venky's so again, saying the money goes to the players is just another way of saying it's going to Venky's.

It is true that ST sales are a small part of any profit made by the owners, though. The biggest chunk by far comes from TV deals.

Blackburn Rovers belong to Venky's, so technically any money that goes towards the club also goes towards them. The players are owned by the club which is owned by Venky's so again, saying the money goes to the players is just another way of saying it's going to Venky's.

It is true that ST sales are a small part of any profit made by the owners, though. The biggest chunk by far comes from TV deals.

Where does profit come into it - I thought we lost money last season.

Anyone remember average attendances last time we were in Div 1? Pretty sure there would be a stark contrast this time around if we go down

I seem to recall our average attendance was just over 20k in the 2000-2001 (promotion) season. We had some big crowds towards the end of the season; 30k against Huddersfield on a Bank Holiday Monday, live on sky, springs to mind.

Yes, ST packs are being sent out. I was going to return mine with a "love letter to Coco" but decided it was not worth the effort and put them in the bin instead. Chorley Council will be picking them up via their recycle collection on Friday.

See ya.

I'll be renewing not because I am overjoyed with our current League position, or with Kean's record or with the departure of Samba and possible imminent departures of the likes of Hoillet et al , but because I support the Club and have done for the last 41 years.

It hasn't really occurred to me to do otherwise. I started watching us regularly when we dropped down to the old 3rd division when we were in a lot worse position than currently and no doubt there'll be many other peaks and troughs before I shuffle off my mortal coil, by which time Venky's and Steve Kean will be long gone, as are John Williams and Sam Allardyce as are sadly Uncle Jack and as are Bill Fox, David Brown and Bill Bancroft.

So I may or may not be all that happy next season but I'll be there. I hope that a large number of fans will feel the same way.

Purely on the price front, if the previous owners had announced an early price freeze on what are already amongst the cheapest tickets in the Premiership, everyone would be praising them from the rafters.

So we could well stay up and still be paying next to nothing for our Premier League tickets in comparison to most of our competitors. A situation 72 other sets of fans in the League would give their right arm for.

So we could well stay up and still be paying next to nothing for our Premier League tickets in comparison to most of our competitors. A situation 72 other sets of fans in the League would give their right arm for.

I'm not so sure 72 sets of fans would want to come and watch Venky's Rovers, no matter how cheap the tickets. And as for the staying up bit, I wish I could have your optimism.

But imo that's just another example of blind prejudice. "I hate Venky's no matter what they may or may not do."

Actually, Revidge I had absolutely no prejudices re. Venkys whatsoever when they arrived. But there is an old saying about being careful in life because there are certain things that can't be unsaid and certain deeds that can't be undone. I'm afraid Venky's words and deeds concerning our club have crossed the line for me. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, well, never mind.

But imo that's just another example of blind prejudice. "I hate Venky's no matter what they may or may not do."

I would never call that blind prejudice Simon. Venkys Rovers refers to the connotation that Venkys have taken everything that Blackburn Rovers was, ripped the heart straight out of it and have left it in the pitiful state that it is now i.e. Venky Rovers.

I suggest Blind Loyalty would be more appropriate a subject within this thread. I have loved Blackburn Rovers all of my life, doesn't mean i'm going sit at Ewood every Saturday afternoon watching the continued destruction of the club I have loved forever. I have better things to do.

This is in no way a dig at fans who will buy a season ticket, you all have your own very valid reasons. I have just lost my passion at the moment.

See ya.

Come on Rev you're better than that, I've spoken with Preston blue a couple of times recently and you'll not find a more passionate Rover than him. But he like many others cannot bring himself to pay money into the club and be lied to seemingly on a weekly basis. Yes you're right we've had worse times than this, but I can never remember a time when sections of the support felt more detracted from the club and that's a key issue here.

We've got a PR guy waging war against his own fans which is disgusting in itself and we have owners who don't even have the sense to wear a bloody coat to Wigan in winter!

Does anyone know if the owners ended up paying for trips to Pune for birdy and his mates? Or is that just another lie by these idiots?

It all leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

What does it matter to you, or anyone else, what I or Hughsey or anybody else on the forum spend our money on?

That's right, it has nothing to do with you!

for the record, I am renewing, I will be buying the new shirt (most likely both again) and I will also spend money of some half time refreshments next season

Absolutely right you can line Venky's and Kean's pockets if you wish. Nothing to do with me.

However I was under the impression that I was addressing Hughsey.

That's right, it has nothing to do with you.

Actually, Revidge I had absolutely no prejudices re. Venkys whatsoever when they arrived. But there is an old saying about being careful in life because there are certain things that can't be unsaid and certain deeds that can't be undone. I'm afraid Venky's words and deeds concerning our club have crossed the line for me. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, well, never mind.

100 +points.

Anyone remember average attendances last time we were in Div 1? Pretty sure there would be a stark contrast this time around if we go down

A very respectable 19,253 in our first season down and then 20,740 promotion season....if we survive we'll be lucky to see those gates again in the Prem!

So much damage done.

I complete understand the reasons why people are not going to renew and on the most part agree with them.

However, the reason I have decided to renew (and I did think about not renewing) is because I refuse to let Kean et al drive me away from MY club. It is a matter of principle. I was here before they arrived and I will be here long after they have gone.

This my club nonsense is properly winding me up.

Why don't all those who are renewing just say the truth, and that is that they can't think of anything they could do that would be more important to them on a sat afternoon. I myself would find that a pretty abysmal way of thinking even at the best of times so you can imagine what I think of that train of thought in the current situation, but I respect that is your choice so just say it. Please just say you have nothing better to do then I'm sure everyone would just say fair enough.

I can think of several things that are currently more important and interesting than going to watch rovers.

One last thing, for those peddling the social aspect excuse for their reason for renewal then you might be interested to know that there are other places were friends and family can congregate for merryment, places like the park, the pub, a restaurant etc etc etc

And u may have guessed it I'm not renewing because currently it is a terrible form of entertainment which is what it is meant to be isn't it?

And u may have guessed it I'm not renewing because currently it is a terrible form of entertainment which is what it is meant to be isn't it?

Football is only a form of entertainment when Blackburn aren't playing. When I go to Ewood or any away game, the entertainment factor doesn't come into it, the only thing that matters if that we win. I've always said, if you want to be entertained, go to the bloody theatre. Interesting to know what your thoughts were on Allardyce' tenure?

I too will not be renewing, not because of the entertainment factor, but due to the happenings on and off the field in the last 16 months.

Archived