BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

I'm undecided as yet but probably my heart will win as I don't want some distant owner to break my 50 year old tie with the club. I'll still be here (God willing) when these ownersdecide to move on-I don't think I'm ready to allow my match day pleasure to be taken away after all this time. It would also affect other things significantly-there would be no more conversations about the Rovers in the pub on a Friday or Saturday night -for I do believe-if you don't go when you could afford to then you have no stake in the club so your opinion is worth nothing-and I would include myself if I decide against renewing-it would have to be a total shut-off-=including from this messageboard on my case.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've renewed my two season tickets. Next season was always going to be a cost issue as I start Uni in little less than a month and I won't be able to make every game whilst on placements - if there was significant price hike for adult and juniors then I wouldn't have renewed. I'm happy to pay what I did last season and was always going to renew so did the other day getting Dingle away tickets.

If people stay away it's hard not to blame then and I fully understand the reasoning behind it. But I enjoy my Saturday afternoons too much to stop going.

You have another whole month. why not take your time and see what happens? don't give in too easily to that dsire to watch Rovers. You might find the urge to renew irresistible, but fight it for a bit longer.

Its not going to make any difference.

REally have to do it now as pay for mine on DD but the child;s in full - it adds nearly a third to the cost to DD that one as well. Got the money now, wont have on 30th April.

REally have to do it now as pay for mine on DD but the child;s in full - it adds nearly a third to the cost to DD that one as well. Got the money now, wont have on 30th April.

Fair enough. I'm still debating and have the cash to be able to pay upfront if I choose to renew later (but before the deadline obviously, just in case) I'm going away on my hols tomorrow and will think and discuss with my husband while I'm away then sort it when I get back if we diecide to renew. I'm very fortunate - It hasn't always been like that - I can remember rotating which of our 3 eldest kids went to matches cos we only had one season ticket between them and couldn't often stretch to single match tickets for the others.

Me too , had a good month and have it now but will spend it. My problem is I wanna boycott but my lad wants to go. If I don't renew I wouldn't come back , as I'd spend my rovers money on going to watch broncos.

We've decided that we won't be renewing our 5 tickets until things improve in terms of management of the club and the way Venkys run the club. We won't allow them to impact on our lives week in week out, the football team is a passion, its a love affair and the idiots running the asylum shouldn’t even come into it, but sadly the constant stream or lies and deceit is having a negative impact on our lives and we won’t allow that to continue.

A little over the top maybe, but thats how we feel.

We've decided that we won't be renewing our 5 tickets until things improve in terms of management of the club and the way Venkys run the club. We won't allow them to impact on our lives week in week out, the football team is a passion, its a love affair and the idiots running the asylum shouldn’t even come into it, but sadly the constant stream or lies and deceit is having a negative impact on our lives and we won’t allow that to continue.

A little over the top maybe, but thats how we feel.

To be honest - the constant home defeats had more of an impact on how I felt. But I would expect that before end of April - like a lamb to the slaughter - I will have renewed.

The price always previously held me back - but since they reduced ticket prices I can't resist :rover:

For those that don't renew out of opposition to Venky's and Kean - I understand your position - but do you really think it will make a huge difference ? Kean's infamous "1%" remark was obviously way off the mark - but the numbers that took part in the actual protests was only a percentage of those unhappy with Kean. In the same way I would imagine that IF we see an upturn in home performances towards the end of the season, we won't see the huge drop in season tickets sales that is required to make the owners rethink their current approach.

Had letter today stating first DD payment will be on 27th April for our two tickets, They dont hang about, just hope when bank june deadline hits, that things are a little more rosier in having our credit line extended.

Was never a minute I thought about not re-newing, as I aint being driven out by Coco or Venkys

I've renewed my two season tickets. Next season was always going to be a cost issue as I start Uni in little less than a month and I won't be able to make every game whilst on placements - if there was significant price hike for adult and juniors then I wouldn't have renewed. I'm happy to pay what I did last season and was always going to renew so did the other day getting Dingle away tickets.

If people stay away it's hard not to blame then and I fully understand the reasoning behind it. But I enjoy my Saturday afternoons too much to stop going.

There's the rub Ohmi, I don't any more. There have been too many Sat afternoons ruined for too many supporters since the Venkey mob turned up. Personally I view Saturdays now with trepidition rather then enthusiasm or expectation. I now know what a punchbag must feel like.

Me too , had a good month and have it now but will spend it. My problem is I wanna boycott but my lad wants to go. If I don't renew I wouldn't come back , as I'd spend my rovers money on going to watch broncos.

Can't imagine a few hundred quid will pay for a trip to the states Abbey. Might just about get you to some point over Greenland... at a push. ^_^

The manager, his agent, and the owners have shown nothing but contempt for the fans demonstrating a complete lack of respect.

And then they expect fans to buy a season ticket.

Exactly the reason two season tickets will not be renewed. The Jerome Anderson interview on Sky still sticks in the throat.

5 'BOTTLERS'

:P

Bit harsh SG. I seem to recall Gav and his mates' love affair with BRFC was over 3 years ago in fairness. He said frequently on here that they were definitely not renewing way back then when the Trust owned the club and Sam Allardyce was in charge.

Exactly the reason two season tickets will not be renewed. The Jerome Anderson interview on Sky still sticks in the throat.

Best impression of someone publically washing his hands and distancing himself from any responsibility since Pontious Pilate almost 2000 years ago. Those crocodile tears cracked me up! Everytime the camera returned to the interviewer Anderson must have been rubbing an onion into his eyes.

There's the rub Ohmi, I don't any more. There have been too many Sat afternoons ruined for too many supporters since the Venkey mob turned up. Personally I view Saturdays now with trepidition rather then enthusiasm or expectation. I now know what a punchbag must feel like.

To be fair football ruins a good day out most of the time. But it's a bit of time away from the wife spent with my mates I enjoy.

I'm crap at both :lol:

Plus, there's a big group of us that are out on Saturday so if I stopped going then that would stop.

I'm sure your local would welcome you all.

I can understand all points of view on renewing. From the "they won't force me away" to "I live the club more than I hate Kean/Venkys" to "it's not the club it once was" to "I'll be the first person at the ticket office as soon as this lot are gone".

It's a very personal and emotive thing supporting a football team - with lots of different reasons for going.

Open question, is anyone PROUD to be a Rovers supporter in the current circumstances?

After the Allardyce sacking following the Bolton match, I almost fell out with a Bolton supporting mate over our different opinions of the game. This week, I just didn't even want to talk about it. He basically thought of us what I think of Wolves - I don't agree and ordinarily I'd have put up an argument but I just couldn't be arsed, and just let the words wash over me. Sad times.

I'm proud of the club's heritage and spirit which lives on through the fans.

And I'm proud of our fans who have been a credit in these difficult times.

Kean and Venky's are occupiers and I do not recognise them or their authority.

For the 'Renewers" my advice is stop reading this site. The addiction to this site is wearing off...not my addiction to the Rovers.

The "Dissidents" have been the same for the last 5 years..since the end of Hughesy.

+1

I'm sure your local would welcome you all.

I can understand all points of view on renewing. From the "they won't force me away" to "I live the club more than I hate Kean/Venkys" to "it's not the club it once was" to "I'll be the first person at the ticket office as soon as this lot are gone".

It's a very personal and emotive thing supporting a football team - with lots of different reasons for going.

Open question, is anyone PROUD to be a Rovers supporter in the current circumstances?

After the Allardyce sacking following the Bolton match, I almost fell out with a Bolton supporting mate over our different opinions of the game. This week, I just didn't even want to talk about it. He basically thought of us what I think of Wolves - I don't agree and ordinarily I'd have put up an argument but I just couldn't be arsed, and just let the words wash over me. Sad times.

Actually i'm still as proud to be a Rovers fan. that's to do with how i feel I've behaved during this whole sorry saga, not proud of the club, but proud of myself and the others who have tried their best through it all to stay supportive of the 11-14 guys who play each wek whilstmaking it 100% clear that i in no way support Kean or Venkys nor any of the other people associated with the running down of our club.

Archived