BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

The deal is a fantastic offer. No doubt about that. I would imagine there will be a small rise after the 'early bird' offer but it will still be cheap.

However, the club has screwed over the fans this season BIG time. During the middle of the season when fans had long bought their season tickets and therefore already had fans' money, the club didn't care less about the fans. Venky's haven't spoken for months, players have been sold and money not re-invested, the board has been obtrusive when fan groups have tried to arrange a meeting, and the ultimate two fingers to the fans was the new contract to Steve Kean.

It's only now that the board have been a little bit more open to having a meeting with the fans, and why did it take so long for Hunt and Agnew to do a radio interview?!

I hope people continue to support the club but Venky's either need to sell the club or come out and talk to the fans about their plans for next season. Until then, many will reject this offer.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This early bird thing seems strange.

We get to 30th April, and sales are poor, whacking up the prices certainly isn't going to entice the waverers.

I assume it's going to be 'early bird extended to the end of May' and then June and then July...

This early bird thing seems strange.

We get to 30th April, and sales are poor, whacking up the prices certainly isn't going to entice the waverers.

I assume it's going to be 'early bird extended to the end of May' and then June and then July...

It is, and IMO, indicates one thing only - the desperate need for cash, the club's financial difficulties are no secret.

Apart from that, I can see no other strategic point behind it.

If 'cash need' isn't the issue then it just highlights, IMO, the lack competent thinking at Ewood these days. There are so many reasons why you just wouldn't do this given all existing circumstances.

It is, and IMO, indicates one thing only - the desperate need for cash, the club's financial difficulties are no secret.

Apart from that, I can see no other strategic point behind it.

If 'cash need' isn't the issue then it just highlights, IMO, the lack competent thinking at Ewood these days. There are so many reasons why you just wouldn't do this given all existing circums

tances.

Strange that so.many other clubs run an early bird scheme.

We beat Wolves away - but they are c**p.

We beat Sunderland at home - but they are tired.

We beat a reportedly good Burnley youth team in the semi final - but our technique isn't good enough.

They freeze season ticket prices - but its only because they need the money before end of April.

Seems to be a common theme here - unfortunately it would appear that we could start next season with Messi and Ronaldo up front and some people would still moan - "that Messi looks too small to be a footballer"

A common theme on here is for Rovers Fans to see the best of everything Kean and Venkys say and do, while ignoring the fact that we are constantly fighting relegation under their auspices. And will continue to.

There's only so much most people can take. Others on the other hand.......

There are also some fans who appreciate that not everything is black and white. Not everything Kean or Venkys do is wrong. Unfortunately anti kean/venky dogma gets in the way of rational thought for some. Before you ask - yes Kean should go in the summer - imo the Venky situation is more complex.

I'm highly unlikely to be renewing [and certainly won't before the end of April] for a number of reasons: both personal; and football-related.

Personal: I live 20+ miles from Blackburn, no longer drive and can't always be sure of a lift to games so can be dependent on public transport to get to and from Ewood. There were four or five matches in December and January which I missed for that reason and, like other absentee season-ticket holders, I realised how easy it was to get into the habit of doing other things on a Saturday afternoon. Plus I'm knocking on a bit and not in peak fitness any more.

Football-related: while it looks at present that we may escape relegation this season, I'm not sure how compatible with Premier League survival the Venky's way of running a football team is.

Norwich City and Swansea City have shown this season that it is possible to create successful teams with apparently a good team ethic: no "stars"; but many players who may have had a number of seasons in the lower divisions but can operate the system the manager wants. However, this model requires a good manager/coach and both Norwich and Swansea may be found out next season in "second season syndrome".

Either way, I'm not convinced that Baldrick is in the same league as either Paul Lambert, who impresses me as possibly the new Brian Clough managerially, or Brendan Rodgers, particularly when it comes to player-recruitment. I'm also not sure that you could compare his tactics favourably with Lambert's and certainly not with Rodgers' at Swansea, although I remember that results at Reading under Rodgers were so poor that he lasted only just over 4 months as their manager in 2009. Indeed, does Kean actually have any input into who we can sign? That's not a rhetorical question, btw; I'm not one of those "in the know".

Apart from giving money every month for apparently doing nothing to players like Miles Anderson and Bruno Ribeiro [if we can reduce the wage bill by off-loading higher-earning players, why not them?], the Venky's model seems to rely on developing youth players from the Academy and buying cheaply players from lower division clubs. Although this may appear to be the approach operated by Norwich City in particular, the players Lambert's bought from lower division clubs were, afaik, first-team regulars at those clubs before joining Norwich.

So I'm not optimistic about the medium-term future for Rovers under the present regime; and that, combined with the personal circumstances outlined above, makes it highly unlikely that I'll be renewing my season ticket.

That, however, does NOT mean that I am no longer a Rovers' fan.

I'll always be a Rovers' fan; my loyalty is to the club in whatever Division it finds itself. I've recorded on this Board previously that, although brought up in Blackpool in the 1950s when they were one of the best teams in the land, my parents made sure that I was the only Rovers' fan in my school. Like many supporters of my generation, I've seen us play on over 100 grounds, including many which were non-League [Willington, 1973! :blink: ] or in the old Division 3 [League One today]; nobody in the Riverside chants "Rovers till I die" more fervently [or more off-key!] than I do; and I hope to have my ashes scattered in the memorial garden when I go. The fact that I may no longer have a season ticket means only that my love for this great club of ours will be more of a long-distance relationship than it has been.

Seems to be a strong correlation between those who shout the loudest on here, and those not renewing their Season Tickets. And then there is Ozz, Thenodrug and a few others.

I support the Club not the temporary people in charge or on the pitch.

Just happy to stay in the Prem and Renew as soon as I get my act together.

The 'dissidents' would have more credibility if they supported BRSIT as well as having their internet opinions. That is 'our' safety-net.

Seems to be a strong correlation between those who shout the loudest on here, and those not renewing their Season Tickets. And then there is Ozz, Thenodrug and a few others.

I support the Club not the temporary people in charge or on the pitch.

Just happy to stay in the Prem and Renew as soon as I get my act together.

The 'dissidents' would have more credibility if they supported BRSIT as well as having their internet opinions. That is 'our' safety-net.

People should renew there season tickets because we all love football and we all love Blackburn Rovers. If I lived nearer, I would certainly get one despite Kean and Venky's being in charge. However, I also feel the fans are now in a powerful position where they can demand answers from the club and answers from Venky's. That power should be used to tempt Venky's out of their shell.

I also think you may find quite a few people who are saying they are not going to renew their tickets for next season will change their minds as soon as the season finishes and they realise how much they miss football on a saturday (obviously, that only applies to people who are not renewing based purely on footballing reasons rather than personal reasons).

I know we have major problems with the fans and the way the club is being run,its putting many supporters off renewing season tickets...I fully understand the frustration.

But I also wonder what opposing fans must think when they see our ST sales drop next season,just £160 for PREMIERSHIP football?...what would the fans of Burnley,Preston,Leeds,Sheff Wednesday,Forest do for a piece of some of that.

I except its down to personal choice but are we all in fear of losing our sense of reality here,are we all going soft in the backbone?.I feel I'm between a rock and a hard place with this one folks...why should I let this current lot win and take away something that I have enjoyed since circa '81 ! :mellow:

Exactly SG. We have been very lucky that we have had people running thew club that cared as much as we did.

Now things are different, but for £200, Venky's are making nothing from our ST money. It's TV that funds this football club.

they are obviously encouraging everybody to do their business early .I seem to remember that phrase being used with reference to our January Transfer window activity. Well like the owners did to the fans at that time -its 2 fingers back to you Venkys!!

Now do the right thing and clear off and give us our club back

What is your definition of 'the club' in that context?

Don't expect an answer.

At the moment, 'the club' is Venky's FC. If people want to waste spend their hard-earned money on that, good luck to 'em.

Don't expect an answer.

At the moment, 'the club' is Venky's FC. If people want to waste spend their hard-earned money on that, good luck to 'em.

I've never had a season ticket in my life, but I've been supporting the Rovers since 1968.

Fans have been heavily criticised for protesting expressing their frustration at the regime at Ewood and the concerted effort from the manager and management to drive a wedge between fans and destroy the very fabric of the club.

Well now is the ideal opportunity for fans to show what they think without affecting the team, drawing criticism from biased media (whose strings are pulled by the PR team at the club) or without giving the manager the opportunity to spin the story.

If only a small number of fans renew by the end of April (and bear in mind Wolves have already sold 12000 season tickets for next year) it will be the strongest message yet to Venky's and everyone at the club about what the majority of fans really think.

I suspect the club already have a good idea about potential season ticket sales hence this offer. I think they are going to end up with a massive egg on their faces.

I will not be renewing before April as part of my protest against what the Venkys and Kean have done in destroying the club I love. What happens in the summer will determine whether or not I eventually buy a season ticket.

Rovers have been a big part of my life for 45 years but recently I have discovered that in fact there is life after Rovers and part of that is called family.

Fans have been heavily criticised for protesting expressing their frustration at the regime at Ewood and the concerted effort from the manager and management to drive a wedge between fans and destroy the very fabric of the club.

Well now is the ideal opportunity for fans to show what they think without affecting the team, drawing criticism from biased media (whose strings are pulled by the PR team at the club) or without giving the manager the opportunity to spin the story.

If only a small number of fans renew by the end of April (and bear in mind Wolves have already sold 12000 season tickets for next year) it will be the strongest message yet to Venky's and everyone at the club about what the majority of fans really think.

I suspect the club already have a good idea about potential season ticket sales hence this offer. I think they are going to end up with a massive egg on their faces.

I will not be renewing before April as part of my protest against what the Venkys and Kean have done in destroying the club I love. What happens in the summer will determine whether or not I eventually buy a season ticket.

Rovers have been a big part of my life for 45 years but recently I have discovered that in fact there is life after Rovers and part of that is called family.

Superbly put. Agree with everything you say. I'm sure the "Early Bird' offer has come about because the club is terrified there will be a massive drop in attendances next season and for no other reason.

I'm really torn here. I don't want to put money into Venkys' coffers. I don't want to appear in any way to support their ownership of the club. I don't want to watch a team that is being torn apart by owners selling players and is left an empty shell, shorn of most of its talent whatever division we are in. We'll have less money next year. We miss several matches early in the season and sometimes at Easter too. All good reasons not to renew. However, I, unlike gordon, am not ready to give up the addiction. Unlike others who have said they are rediscovering family and so on, Rovers is what we do as a family, or at least one of the very important things to us. I like my seat and if i decide to go to matches, as I probably would on an individual basis, I don't want to sit anywhere else. Even missing several matches it's often still cheaper to buy a season ticket rather than pay individual prices if you attend a fair few games. I certainly won't be rushing into renewing but there's a really tough decision to be taken. My head says don't renew but my heart might overrule it. I know it's not the same Rovers and will possibly be even less like the club we've supported next year, but somehow I can't give up on it yet. I dislike intensely the idea of letting idiots drive me away from the club I support. So I really don't know what I'll do.

I don't like the vagueness of this early bird offer. I'd have much preferred more clarification re. the penalties of not coughing up before the deadline. Surely they won't treat us like naughty children and impose an outrageous hike if you don't renew in time? Under the old regime you wouldn't waste time pondering that question. It's just that these days, goodness knows what will happen next.

I'm almost certainly not going to be renewing my ST.

I've had one for 20 years, since 1992 and went to Ewood regularly before that. Probably back to 1985.

My own trip to Ewood involves a 60 mile round trip from south Manchester. Lots of petrol money, lots of time when I could be doing something else.

That defeat on 29th November in the FA Cup against Cardiff was the final straw. I haven't been to a game since, and, to be honest, I haven't missed it at all. I'm not losing money as I pay more in my time and travel than my not using my ST.

Despite the ups & downs of Rovers over the past years that I have been supporting the club I always considered that the owners had the best interest of the club in mind, despite how incompetant I thought they were. Now it's just incompetance and absolutely no heart nor soul.

This is in no way to detract from posters who have expressed their loyalty to renew. That's your decision. I don't have any objections. I truely hope you see lots of wins & have a great time.

Cheers

Colin

Fan of 30 years, ST holder for just over 15 years, but my money is staying in my pocket.

Venkys & Kean have done nothing but lie since day 1 and, to be honest, I'm bored of the same old bull that comes out of Kean's mouth week after week. If I'm really honest, my interest started to wear off when Allardyce was in charge as the football was shocking and I was one of those pleased to see the back of him so I stuck with Venkys expecting the big name manager and players to follow

We all know what happened next and yes, I've been made to eat humble pie regarding Allardyce but I won't spend another penny whilst Kean is still in charge

Call me what you want, but I would be prepared to renew if Kean is sacked and a component board was put in place to run the club and make decisions, together with a decent manager who had money to spend

But, I know this won't happen so I won't be renewing my ticket. This does not mean I don't support Rovers anymore and will most likely spend the money on away games so I can support the team but not line Venky's pockets

a component board was put in place to run the club and make decisions,

Aren't we due to get a CEO within the next 12 months.

Didn't the loons state they were to install one of their twenty year old kids when he turned twenty one?

Surely the club must have a bright future with an Indian boy at the helm :blink:, I hope he can learn the job quicker than the other novice they fast tracked.

I know that each and every one of us is entitled to their own personal view HOWEVER I really do think there are people on this supporters site who really dont understand the level of bad feeling towards Kean and Venky's.

I have had my ticket for years, been going since 1971 and have travlled all over (Europe included) watching my team. The fall outs with my then wife and the missing of family occasions all paled into insignificance as Rovers were playing and I had to be there. It became accepted.

Now, like many many others, I didnt miss the games I boycotted, watching Kean on tv or reading his quotes in the media turn me off completely and I have found other things to do instead of travelling away or listening to the radio/watching sky sports.

This regime has destroyed my love for Rovers. I will always be a supporter my blood is blue but until these buffoons leave my money stays in my pocket.

seriously wondering wether i should renew because kean/venkys have taken the joy of going to rovers out of it for me, i no longer see going to ewood as release from every day life more a chore now, something of a nuisance and when something feels that way, its time to stop going!!!

Just hope everyone hangs back on purchasing on a new season ticket until this current mess at BRFC is sorted out positively.

i.e. Kean offloads the shyte, brings in at least three top quality players CM,RW,CF, keeps hold of Junior and gets rid of some of the deadwood hes purchased over last summer in the likes of Anderson, Ribiero, Petrovic etc.,

Anything less does not deserve the support of the honest, loyal Blackburn supporter.

Archived