BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

I don't want to be seen as a flag bearer for the new owners (especially as I suspect people in the club fought very hard for this) but aren't people delighted we're NOT having the massive price hikes many predicted?

We don't get much to be happy about these days, so celebrate the few good things we get!

That’s a bit like saying I was stabbed but because I was expecting to be shot I’m happy as it could have been worse.

I would prefer to pay £1000 for a season ticket with better owners than pay even £1 to endure another season of lies, false promises, well everything…

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s a bit like saying I was stabbed but because I was expecting to be shot I’m happy as it could have been worse.

I would prefer to pay £1000 for a season ticket with better owners than pay even £1 to endure another season of lies, false promises, well everything…

Thats my point too RF 83. What are we celebrating here-the lack of price increase? The underlying basis of the club that we are being asked to continue to support is a total shambles and nothing has changed on that. If we all row in now and 'celebrate' the price we might as well start singing Venkys name and thank them for looking after us. It just isnt right and thats my problem .Completely torn between love of my team and those illigitimates in Pune taking is into the abyss

Although the early bird offer might seem like a good idea to the 'marketeers' at Ewood I'not sure it is a great commercial decision in the circumstances.

A large section of the support are angry at being duped by the Rao family and are waiting to see if anything changes in the summer.

I think very few will be tempted to renew by 30th April until the picture is clearer.

Prepare for 'EARLY BIRD OFFER EXTENDED!'

Its like someone has created my worst nightmare and is charging me £350 to watch it unfold. And expects me to be doing cartwheels because the nightmare may have cost me £500.

I certainly wont be getting one. I will still go to support what is still vaguely my team but buy tickets individually because I think to buy a season ticket is effectively a vote to the owners that everything is fine. Doing it that way will prob cost slightly more but like an addict just cant stop going as much as I want to.

Prediction: whatever division inc prem unless owner/manager changes at least one league game attendance will be under 10,000 home fans.

With the club desperate to get as many fans as possible to renew for next season this is a great opportunity for the rovers fans to demand a meeting with the clubs owners. Obviously, it would have to be an elected few with the meeting fully minuted.

This will be a good PR opportunity to release a joint statement between the various fan groups and internet messageboard to once again come together and release a statement saying 'we demand a meeting with Venky's before renewing'.

The fans are now in the powerful position so we need to utilise this power.

Think you are doing nothing than other to wind people up - sad life you must lead.

Glory supporting - for 50 years or so ?!?! It's a sign of how far our club has sunk when there are many supporters who have watched Rovers for tens of years who feel the same way.

However, to many it will be a huge factor as to what standard of football they will be watching.

IMO, not many will buy into this offer not just because of uncertainty over league but because of a failure of owners & manager, IMO, to deliver on promises.

Only fools and their money part easily.

You were the one who said one of the factors which would decide whether you would go would be the league we were in. I'll let you off with it being that you were just trying to beef out the negativity in your post a little. To many, the standard of football will decide, but not to the hardcore fans I'm sure. After all, half the people on here think we are playing Championship football as it is, so for them it'll only mean not getting to watchthe big teams. I can live with that if it means I can support the team I love. Like I said, I'm not winding you up, you were the one who came out with it.

IMO, this is all about the club being desperate for cash otherwise why not wait until it transpires where we will be playing our football.

If Venky' & Kean run true to form (following departures of Phil Jones & Chris Samba), I would be surprised to see the likes of Robinson, Olsson (the better one), Nzonzi, Hoilett and Yakubu here next season. More Orrs, Modestes & Goodwillies I would think !!!

I'll wager that not more than 1,000 supporters will take-up this offer.

Any takers ?

:lol: i'll take that bet. name your price!

I was expecting a hike.

Fantastic offer. I'm saddened by those saying they wouldnt watch us in the championship.

Your love for the club should be stronger than your hatred of kean, venkys or any other ******!

Was personally renewing no matter what the details where and obviously i am delighted with the price freeze. The 'reward for buying before the season's over' card was always gonna happen.

To me this ain't a question of what division we are in, who the manager is or who owns the club, if there is a Blackburn Rovers to support then i'll always go and watch them.

I agree with Wiggy, this is a gamble by the club. Will people dash out to renew before this season is over? Will they be keen to renew with Kean and Venky's still in charge and nothing having changed? I'm not convinced there will be a mad dash for renewals. The danger is that many fans will simply wait to see what happens in the summer [ignoring the ST deadline] - and if that amounts to more of Kean, coupled with little money being spent, or money being spent on what's seen as below par players, many fans, at that point coupled with the higher prices, wont bother.

The way to go, if the owners actually realised what the problems were, would be to offer the cheap tickets without a deadline, bring in a new manager and for the owners to spend the summer actually talking to the fans with some kind of renewed reality. That's what I would do.

I can't make my mind up if I'm furious that the prices haven't gone up so I can have a good moan, or that I'm furious that the prices haven't been cut so I can have a good moan.

With this heinous move by the club, I will no alternative other than to renew to avoid the ongoing confusion in my mind.

I agree with Wiggy, this is a gamble by the club. Will people dash out to renew before this season is over? Will they be keen to renew with Kean and Venky's still in charge and nothing having changed? I'm not convinced there will be a mad dash for renewals. The danger is that many fans will simply wait to see what happens in the summer [ignoring the ST deadline] - and if that amounts to more of Kean, coupled with little money being spent, or money being spent on what's seen as below par players, many fans, at that point coupled with the higher prices, wont bother.

The way to go, if the owners actually realised what the problems were, would be to offer the cheap tickets without a deadline, bring in a new manager and for the owners to spend the summer actually talking to the fans with some kind of renewed reality. That's what I would do.

Surely the likelihood of us affording a good new manager would depend on season ticket sales amongst other things?

Surely the likelihood of us affording a good new manager would depend on season ticket sales amongst other things?

I don't see the link between replacing the manager and ticket sales Braddock. [Apart from the likelihood of selling more tickets if a new man was in charge].

I don't see the link between replacing the manager and ticket sales Braddock.

Everyone says we've got no money. One of the ways this club makes money is through season ticket sales. If we replace the manager and bring in an experienced man that will cost us money. The majority on this board have said they won't be renewing if Venky's are in charge so it doesn't matter to them what the price will be. They can't just keep the prices low to prevent people who want to hold the club to ransom, especially if they are such money grabbing gits that people suggest. And anyway, there needs to be an incentive to buy so the early bird has worked well for us for years.

I can't see them sacking Kean (but they've made stranger decisions in the past), and I feel it's less likely that Venky's will be off too. I hope they don't go as I'm scared of who they'd sell us to. The highest bidder is rarely the best for a team who you can't make money on without stripping the assets.

I will not be renewing, very sad in some ways as it would be first time in many many years when I have not, yet I will look for the Keano positive in this decision :P .

I see it as a mechanism to rachet up my perceived pressure on Venky's to sell in the close season, as a result of hopefully disastrous season ticket sales.

If they don't, I will in all probabilities still attend and end up paying a premium for match day tickets, or then again I may not.

• Moderation Lead

Was personally renewing no matter what the details where and obviously i am delighted with the price freeze. The 'reward for buying before the season's over' card was always gonna happen.

To me this ain't a question of what division we are in, who the manager is or who owns the club, if there is a Blackburn Rovers to support then i'll always go and watch them.

+1

i will be renewing , but unlike previous years i wont be paying all up front i'll be doing DD , the thought of handing over my cash in 1 lump to these clowns doesn't sit well

Archived