BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

I understand what you are saying. I always loved my father. It didn't change the fact that he relied on that love, from myself and others, to destroy himself.

If you really love something, that sometimes requires making hard decisions if you truly want to protect it, or them.

Bingo. Welcome to the club.

very emotive, Steve. You have my admiration.

Back to rovers, Staying away wont make a difference.. It'll only deprive the fan.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds far too much like my grandmother who felt compelled to give money to my drug addicted father every month. When I pointed out to her that her cash was supporting his habit, all she could do was respond that I don't know how it feels, she loves her son and can't help it, etc. All the while ignoring that she was enabling his destructive behaviors.

A very sad and unfortunate, yet extremely apt analogy.

However, in the interests of debate, if every fan boycotted season tickets, would it affect cash flow enough to bring about administration, if we stay up or if we go down? Or would TV money cover wages/bills?

A very sad and unfortunate, yet extremely apt analogy.

However, in the interests of debate, if every fan boycotted season tickets, would it affect cash flow enough to bring about administration, if we stay up or if we go down? Or would TV money cover wages/bills?

I think the point is the character and motivation of the Raos. They are rumored to be squeezing every penny to reduce expenses, even at the risk of losing matches. If true, the Rao "drug", the thing they will engage in self-destructive, risky behavior for, the carrot they respond to, is the bottom line.

On the flip side of expense is revenue. The Raos are blessed with a certain number of season tickets which were locked in based on (untrue) statements of $50 million transfer pots, marquee signings (or at least top notch, like Wetzel), and before the protests started, and the main body of supporters became truly aware of the shambles the club has become. Matters are far less rosy now.

If the supporters protested with their pocket books (both as to season tickets, shirts and other merchandize), and gave the reasons as Kean's continued employment, the Raos bean counters will figure out awfully fast (if they haven't already) that Kean is costing them far more than they can save keeping him as their "yes" man, especially as the players with high price tags (excluding the Yak) are already sold.

As a hypothetical example, rumor as it that Kean's buy-out clause is £800,000. If the average season ticket is £300, then it takes 2,667 supporters (if my math holds up) not renewing season tickets to equal Kean's buy-out. Any number above that results in even more losses to the Roas and should, as a financial matter, encourage their separation from Kean and the hiring of a manager which will re-attract those dissillusioned supporters, restore confidence and hope and motivate the supporters to buys shirts, etc.

Conversely, if only a few hundred season ticket owners don't renew, then it lends credence to Kean's argument that the majority of the supporters are behind him. So its really up to the supporters whether Kean stays or go, if my reasoning holds up.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Steve, your a quality poster but I don't like your analogy. Firstly - you could never compare the level of destruction drugs can cause on us to a football club. You, as mentioned, have a lot of scope. Football, even if our club seems a mess, is still a game. Comparing me spending £225 to forget my other problems every fortnight for a year, seems like a cheap alternative to most other things.

I have renewed already because of this. Just some of the reasons not to;

Awful Manager

Dis-interested owners

Under-qualified staff

Dwindling Attendances

Threat of relegation

All these are outweighed by one simple reason to buy a season ticket;

Blackburn Rovers is my club, and will be forever.

You just have to close your eyes and think of England.

Things could be a hell of a lot worse... You could have 6 fingers, and be forced to pay nearly £500 a season to watch some corrupt business man take all your money...

Poor season ticket sales probably won't have a huge impact on the Vs pockets its more the message it sends really.

Tv money is the big thing now a days.

Its up to each one of us to spend the money we earn in a way that brings us as much joy as possible.

For some this means buying a ticket to support the boys on the pitch others can't see past the owners and manager.

The big danger is that we could be about to lose a generation of potential rovers fans here.

Owner/ manager/ players or league - it doesn't matter, nothing will turn me away from our club.

Sadly, Hughesy it's not a football club as such anymore. It's merely a far flung outpost of a poultry business in India. In the same way that Venky's have diversified into other industries so their purchase of the Rovers was a gamble to improve the image of their main business in India.

Like Den, I've clocked up 51 seasons following the club but at the moment I really don't know if I will renew my season ticket for home games, let alone going to all the away games and reserves etc. I've never felt so disillusioned or depressed about the club.

It summed it up for me last week at the youth game when I asked a steward for a teamsheet and was told that they were only available to those in hospitality or the directors area and that they were not available for supporters. For me that summed up just how far under Venky's, Hunt, Agnew and Kean this club has drifted from it's fan base. On the day that Hunt wants me to renew my season ticket for £399 he also tells me that I'm not a valued enough customer to receive a teamsheet!

as a sidenote to the issue of season tickets, I didn't realise that the teamsheets were only available to those in the JW Upper for the Burnley match - IMO that is poor, very poor - and even more so considering it was the Semi Final of the FA Youth Cup with a attendance of over 10,000.

Last season I didn't come across one ST holder in real life that wasn't going to renew- we lost 3000 ST holders.

Currently every other person I meet is on the verge of packing it in- not a good sign.

I forsee carnage on the sales front.

• Backroom

It's not viable for me to get a season ticket as I simply live too far away and don't earn enough to afford the travel every other saturday (plus, I work some saturdays) ... however, if it was viable I honestly have no idea if I'd pick up a season ticket or not.

The tickets are still very cheap, and I can see why people would refuse to allow Venky's to take away something they've been participating in for so many years. Whilst season ticket sales might look bad on a PR level - realistically the loss of money/custom won't affect Venky's in any major way. As others have said, most money comes from TV these days.

However, going to Rovers won't have been particularly enjoyable this season and if things stay as they are it'll be worse next season. With Kean standing on the touchline and an ever decreasing squad bereft of quality... people going to Ewood to forget their problems will find they're just witnessing more on the pitch. I'm not sure watching the destruction of the club you've followed for decades is something that can be described as enjoyable. It would probably take years off my life.

I don't really acknowledge the blind loyalty aspect of renewing, so I'm not going to comment on that.

It's a sad situation, but I have no doubt in my mind a massive amount of ST holders will refuse to renew next season unless Venky's and Kean vanish... and even then I think the damage has been done for some time to come.

as a sidenote to the issue of season tickets, I didn't realise that the teamsheets were only available to those in the JW Upper for the Burnley match - IMO that is poor, very poor - and even more so considering it was the Semi Final of the FA Youth Cup with a attendance of over 10,000.

Absolutely agree.

Cost of 10,000 would have been around the £100 to £200 mark.

Very shabby - they just don't deserve support.

Last season I didn't come across one ST holder in real life that wasn't going to renew- we lost 3000 ST holders.

Currently every other person I meet is on the verge of packing it in- not a good sign.

I forsee carnage on the sales front.

Absolutely agree.

I would forecast that S.T. sales will fall to 8,000 or less even if we stay in PL. Get relegated, and I don't think you'd be looking at more than 5,000.

Not sure if this is correct or not, but one bloke in pub last night reckoned that renewals, so far and it's early days, are only in double figures ie less than 100. Think we might have heard if there'd been a 'roaring start'!

After being lied to, taken for granted, largely ignored, treated like criminals and second class citizens not renewing is the ONLY chance I have to strike back at the ignorant imbeciles that are running my club. Of the group of five I go with this is the feeling of us all. I just don't feel part of Blackburn Rovers any more.

After being lied to, taken for granted, largely ignored, treated like criminals and second class citizens not renewing is the ONLY chance I have to strike back at the ignorant imbeciles that are running my club. Of the group of five I go with this is the feeling of us all. I just don't feel part of Blackburn Rovers any more.

This is the big, big factor and your sentiments are common place.

Absolutely agree.

Cost of 10,000 would have been around the £100 to £200 mark.

Very shabby - they just don't deserve support.

It doesn't cost the club anything Mercerman, because they charge around 10/20p for them. They used to print them off in the office.

I don't know the truth about this "no programmes except for the sponsors", but I was in the JW lower and they had none. One of the stewardesses kindly set off to try to get me one from the corporate area, but came back empty handed. However, I did see one person with a programme.

Whilst you might have a point about going to football to "get away from it all" it's like going from one set of troubles to another. Things must have to be pretty grim at home/work/life to look forward to watching Rovers at the moment.

Steve's point, however, is that continuing to give Venkys money because of this...

Blackburn Rovers is my club, and will be forever.

Is actually helping to maintain this...

Awful Manager

Dis-interested owners

Under-qualified staff

Dwindling Attendances

Threat of relegation

Depends what you want I suppose.

For instance, it also depends on whether you agree that Venkys have systematically destroyed everything that was Blackburn Rovers. A lot of people will be heading straight back to Ewood ticket office as soon as they are gone. Even if it means helping to pick up the pieces.

Not sure who is right and who is wrong because it's a very personal and emotive thing. However, you can't suggest that those who do not renew their season tickets do not love Blackburn Rovers.

Btw, why would Steve want to think of England?

Steve's point, however, is that continuing to give Venkys money because of this...

Will you be cancelling your Sky subscription - because they get far more money from them than ST sales.

I also didn't realise we were making so much profit that money was going to Venky's - thought most of it went on players wages.

It doesn't cost the club anything Mercerman, because they charge around 10/20p for them. They used to print them off in the office.

I don't know the truth about this "no programmes except for the sponsors", but I was in the JW lower and they had none. One of the stewardesses kindly set off to try to get me one from the corporate area, but came back empty handed. However, I did see one person with a programme.

Den - they don't charge for the teamsheet these days...I'd suggest that the stewardess didn't try very hard as there were plenty left untouched on tables as I left after the match.

I'm hoping that Burnley are a bit more considerate tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to try and get one off eBay.

Will you be cancelling your Sky subscription - because they get far more money from them than ST sales.

I also didn't realise we were making so much profit that money was going to Venky's - thought most of it went on players wages.

If I thought cancelling my TV subscription would get rid of Venkys and Kean, then yes I would.

An empty stadium would cause them far more embarrassment, and highlight the fact that it isn't only 1% of support.

Rovers fans don't shout and bawl (Bolton, home, aside) they vote with their feet. "Sit down if you want Kean Out" would have gone down a storm.

Our money goes on players wages? Well, that'll be news to Salgado, Roberts, and co.

Every pound spent at Rovers nowadays has a percentage going out of the club and not on players. Based on their diametrically-opposite strategy to the way it was under JW then I'd say a heck of a large amount is going to agents - money that means we can't afford to put players on the pitch.

Going to Ewood Park is just what I do, as do my friends and family.

Now you can call me a sheep, a colluder, whatever, at £225 I'll be there, I'll also be there when we finally see them off (to help pick the club up from it's knees, probably).

I have no issue at all with those that say they are done with it, as I am every bit as disgusted at what this great club of ours has become. In any case, what right do I have to question the likes of den, Parsonblue and so on, who have put in the years and the miles?

Tickets aside, there won't be a penny of mine spent on the club.

But also, it is very easy for those that don't go to games and/or live miles away stating how you are now 'propping up Venky FC, 'you must boycott' and so on.

If we lose another 3,000 (and that is a VERY conservative guess) we are looking at a 6,000+ loss of ST holder's over two season's...when you take into consideration the cheap prices that really is a horrific downturn by anyone's standard's!

People at the club better start listening and ruddy well fast! <_<

SG194 I echo your plea, I WISH THE CLUB WOULD LISTEN !

Indeed, once again, despite Mr Hunt claiming otherwise, two further emails lie unanswered, even by his lackey. Both outline my serious concern and disdain at recent events.

I beg you, anyone at the club who monitors this site to get to the powers that be and tell them to communicate with their supporters.

The club is a shocking figure of what it used to be, what it used to stand for and the people who are at the helm are faceless.

The cost of a season tickets is not an issue for me. I am in a fortunate position where, if I wanted, I could afford to buy a season ticket.

What this is about for me is a matter of principle. As I posted before Rovers fans have been pilleried and villified in the media for their 'protests'. Well not buying a season ticket is the best way I can show my feelings about the way the Venky's, Kean, Hunt, Agnew et al. have destroyed my club, and guess what it will have no impact on how the team finish the season or cause a stir in the media.

You get movement in season ticket sales every year but this year I think season tickets holders of 10 years plus will not be renewing which will be a big blow to the club. I have had a season ticket for 21 years and I will not be renewing before the end of April.

The club are playing a high risk game (launched on the back of two wins) and this hit the rocks immediately following the Bolton result and with Man Utd, Liverpoool and Swansea to follow the situation could get worse.

I think there will be a hardcore of supporters who will renew irrespective of what happens and I have the greatest respect for them. But the only way change will occur is for fans to demonstrate their true feelings. Yes, Sky is the paymaster but if the club only sell say, 5000 to 8000 tickets it will be clear message to the Venkys about what the fans really think. It will always be an embaressment to the club where games are televised in half empty stadiums amd the fact that tickets are so cheap will make things worse.

I think they will sell between 3000 to 5000 tickets by the end of April, but these will be the hardcore fans. Everyone else will be undecided and their decision will be based on several factors, e.g. wil not renew until Venkys/Kean go, will not renew if relegated, will wait to see what happens in the summer (will all the best players be sold off). Selling to these people will be extremely difficult and almost imposssible if the the prices are increased significantly.

Irrespective of how the season ends it will be a long hard summer for the ticket office

The club is a shocking figure of what it used to be, what it used to stand for and the people who are at the helm are faceless.

It is an interesting aspect to all this - take away John Williams - who was only an employee of the club - how much contact did the supporters have with the Jack Walker Trust members ?

Archived