BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Board changes

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer with a Steve Coppell director of football to give him a hand.

Or Steve Bruce!

There is no point in getting in a decent manager whilst:

The Tossers remain

Mrs 'cutback' is in charge

We have no money to spend

Super Scout is leading our signings

Changing the monkey will make no difference whilst the organ grinders remain as they are.

MG Road tell your 'Omnipotent' owners that whilst they were unable to see the future, some of us saw it within weeks. They have to be the biggest idiots I've ever come across in football period. I hope Karma exists in India and can't wait until Venky's share price drops so low they have to sell the shirts off their backs.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple of people in Pune (not Venky's PR) who are close to the family who have told me over the last week that Kean will no longer be Rovers manager if we are relegated, doesn't mean that he will be sacked, maybe moved to another position (running the Pune academies). TBH we have been here before and until I hear this from my contact at Venky's I remain sceptical.

The debt and wage bill have been reduced, this has been done by Karen Silk. Player wages are now under control and Barclays debt should all be paid off with Samba transfer money and second installment of Jones transfer cash, new lending arrangement is with India State Bank. I have a limited understanding of financial markets but it looks like new debt will be secured against Venky's assets in India. With the cost controlling that has gone on since December we are unlikely to see a Pompey type scenario, the biggest cost (wages) have now been drastically reduced and with the imminent departure of Salgado and Junior leaving in the summer that bill will be further reduced.

The really annoying thing is that a lot of this is actually very sensible and a more sustainable way to run a football club than many others practice - the only trouble is everything else surrounding Rovers is currently crap, and we might as well not have a football club to be prudent with!

There are a couple of people in Pune (not Venky's PR) who are close to the family who have told me over the last week that Kean will no longer be Rovers manager if we are relegated, doesn't mean that he will be sacked, maybe moved to another position (running the Pune academies). TBH we have been here before and until I hear this from my contact at Venky's I remain sceptical.

The debt and wage bill have been reduced, this has been done by Karen Silk. Player wages are now under control and Barclays debt should all be paid off with Samba transfer money and second installment of Jones transfer cash, new lending arrangement is with India State Bank. I have a limited understanding of financial markets but it looks like new debt will be secured against Venky's assets in India. With the cost controlling that has gone on since December we are unlikely to see a Pompey type scenario, the biggest cost (wages) have now been drastically reduced and with the imminent departure of Salgado and Junior leaving in the summer that bill will be further reduced.

Unfortunately those that understand football and the Premier League eg John Williams knew what this cost cutting would severely threaten the club's ability to stay in the PL. So maybe we've saved £10m a year in wages but turnover is going to down by £40m in the championship.

Ridiculous way to manage the club. Wages will still be sky-high compared to turnover, except we'll now have a sinking club in the Championship.

Well played Venkys, Silk, Hunt. You can bet they'll never get a job in the premier league again after this.

Sounds like a low budget club for low budget fans. An inevitable conclusion to the policy of having the cheapest admission prices in the country. Without the Prem millions we are about to find our own level in the country's footballing heirarchy.

Sounds like a low budget club for low budget fans. An inevitable conclusion to the policy of having the cheapest admission prices in the country. Without the Prem millions we are about to find our own level in the country's footballing heirarchy.

My thoughts exactly! The club's now solvent-----we just won't have any players.

Rumours today that Wolves will go for Holloway if Blackpool fail to get up.....how would people feel about him?

The problem Hughesy is not how we feel about a particular manager but how any manager feels about working with Venky's. Until the Indians go I really can't see any decent manager wanting to come within a country mile of Ewood. Of course there will be the desperate ones who have a string of failures behind them looking for a way back into the game and one suspects that this will be the pool that Venkys will be fishing in if they opt to move Kean to another role in the club.

Rumours today that Wolves will go for Holloway if Blackpool fail to get up.....how would people feel about him?

As long as his relationship with the Oystons is good and they are paying him the going rate then why would he go there?

As long as his relationship with the Oystons is good and they are paying him the going rate then why would he go there?

Bigger club, bigger resources, bigger stadium and better facilities......They would probably pay him more too.

As far as I am aware, Venky's have interfered with team selection in at least three ways.

- Kean has had almost no say in the signings.

- There has been a strict spending limited on match bonuses imposed by Mrs D

- There has been influence on who is picked from Balaji

Now name me a manager who would come to Ewood in the Championship to work under those conditions?

As far as I am aware, Venky's have interfered with team selection in at least three ways.

Now name me a manager who would come to Ewood in the Championship to work under those conditions?

Paul Ince.

:tu:

Next question....

Bigger club, bigger resources, bigger stadium and better facilities......They would probably pay him more too.

Bigger club ? Not for long, way things are going.

Bigger resources ? No evidence whatsoever !

Players who are out of contract in the summer:

Hoilett + Hopefully Compo

Grella

Salgado

Goulon

Blackburn

Linganzi

Modeste (End of Loan)

Bigger club ? Not for long, way things are going.

Bigger resources ? No evidence whatsoever !

He was talking about Wolves I think..... They have just built a new stand for starters!

Players who are out of contract in the summer:

Hoilett + Hopefully Compo

Grella

Salgado

Goulon

Blackburn

Linganzi

Modeste (End of Loan)

He was talking about Wolves I think..... They have just built a new stand for starters!

To be replaced by more of the likes of Ribeiro, Anderson, Goodwillie etc !!!

Presumably, someone works this out for Kean as I would doubt he has the wherewithal. Just quietly chuckling at the thought of Kean with a spreadsheet !

I see Adam Pearson has just left Hull City, wasn't he approached for the Chief Executive job a few months back?? I seem to remember that he's got a good CV so I wonder if he could still be an option. It would be nice to think that if Kean finally gets moved on somewhere, we could appoint a proper manager and Chief Executive to run the club.

That's if Mrs D and co decide to stay that is...

Whats the big love in for Curbs?? I just dont get him and never have. Shocking manager.

But an improvement on Kean, we'd have anyone but Kean wouldn't we?

Whats the big love in for Curbs?? I just dont get him and never have. Shocking manager.

My main concern is that he's been out of it for 3 1/2 years now.

Win %

Curbs = 38.31%, most recent prem club 40.85%

Bruce = 36.54%, most recent club 29.59%

Allardyce = 40.40%, at Rovers 34.56%

Hughes = 40.71%, at Rovers 43.62%

Interesting stat though, and who I'd rather we went for - Chris Hughton win % of 46.94%

Archived